Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
I think they knew about it but it also sounds that just getting it to technically work on the old gen consoles was what took most time, and since that was the focus stuff like role-play, ai, balance, interactivity was an afterthought when the principle problem was having a "load-free" environment on the older consoles.
This is valid ONLY if the game dev cycle started 2 years ago.
The game is in development for 8 years. 3-4 years ago there were no PS5s and Xbox X something (you know the new boxes from Xbox).
So the game should run as good as all PS4 games.
Either the game (the final product we have) is in development for around 2-3years or the whole team is incompetent including management, developers, testers.

I honestly have not much of an idea how can you be proud of the game on PC as a whole. It has some ups (art style, music), but during my playthrought (mostly bug free) it was just a major disappointment. More than just a minor downgrade regarding the things you promised.

Choice are non-existent. The only mission, that is packed with choices is obviously also my favourite, but unfortunately, the one you had shown in your PR campaign. Other than that, nothing matters. Lifepaths do not matter at all despite you praising that they are big deal and they would matter. Romance options are shallow, althought the romance questlines feel well. Unfortunately, they are too short and then there is nothing. Your partners are not then incorporated to the story (as Yennefer was in Witcher 3, hell even Triss in Witcher 1). Hence they feel shallow, even tho the characters of romanceable companions are great.

The game is full of terrible decisions. It is year 2020 (edit 2021), you have crafting and I guess you wanted to make it somehow useful, but it is grindy to the bone and there is not even a chance to craft x items? Rather, you just need to craft one by one. I cannot fathom, how this thing could have gone under everyone's radar and not punch them in the face for how stupid that decision is. Who thought that dodging will be made with double tap? Who thought it is a good idea to have a conversation skip and crouch on the same button? Hell, your games had always been a bit clunky, but this is just new level. Not even Witcher 1 had such baffling system decisions. And you cannot put this solely on the heads of the management in my opinion.

Furthermore, can actually someone explain why are there perks for systems that had been cut out of the game? Again, noone realised? Noone went through and found out that "holy shit, we cannot let it there, because we cut those systems". And not only perks, even item descriptions. Gorilla arms for tearing doors open? Perk for making the enemy you hold at chokepoint take more bullets? What for exactly? You cannot do it if you go in non-stealth. And if you hold him, you cannot even equip the weapon. Perks for water exploration?

I unfortunately cannot believe you anymore, because I think you know what stinks the most and you decide not to adress it. Atleast not in the video. You announced cut content like car customization, wall climbing; but with this strategy you misled everyone, since you did not mention content (that in my opinion is even more important) being cut as well, behind the curtain. I am sorry, but for 2 years, you had been all the talks, but you did not deliver. Now after the release you say that you are proud of the PC version. Well good for you, but it is nowhere near what you promised.

I have played your games since Witcher 1, I remember when you were just a company that was releasing titles in my country (from Czech Republic), but you did not hit the bank with this one for me. You know, I cannot be really angry at you, I am just sad it had gone to this. It had gone to you deliberately lying to your customers with the consoles. You obviously can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? You know, ther obviously is a reason why so many talented devs had been leaving your company. Adress the real problems.

Last edited:
Check the very first post I made on this thread on this thread.

I am not getting fooled with generalized terms like "improvements".

I am assuming nothing. The good will I have had for this company has been completely shattered.

I mentioned what I hope of what they mean by improvements.
Anything short of those hopes will be a disappointment in both CDPR as a company and this game.

Until then, I will do other things. If all else fails... well at least there is still Baldurs Gate 3.
Good one just bought baldurs gate 3. Thx mate for reminding me.

I hope CDPR looks at what happened with Dice and BF2, and realize that even if you deliver the moon to haters they're still going to hate this game. Nothing they do will ever be good enough, so stop trying to please them and just focus on the true fans who enjoy this game and don't make up imaginary "cut content" to complain about.

Honestly, I think the missing content element is made of fan assumptions. They read comments like, "Life paths will include multiple endings and you'll be able to change Life Path from Corpo to Nomad" and don't realize that Panam is the Nomad ending.

I'd rather have New Game+ than a train ride around the city looking at things.

Still, there a silence from them like "oh shit, they wanted that?" which obviously doesn't reassure anything and keeps people who expect such things hanging.

I can't speak for everyone but if the aforementioned improvements don't include overhauls for the poorly implemented mechanics and additions that appear to be missing there is no reason come to back to this game just for bug fixes. I already beat the game and the way it ends doesn't encourage putting more play time into it or doing additional playthroughs. Some things need to change significantly for the better.

Kind of a bummer to be painfully honest. Playing on PC with an RTX 3080 that I built specifically to play Cyberpunk, I've been lucky to not have experienced anything I'd call game breaking. There's just... not a ton of game to break. Even as a long-time die hard fan, I have trouble praising them for being committed to fixing something that they released broken to begin with.

Talking about DLC - even free ones - is probably in bad taste when so many people can't even play the game currently, but even having played the game relatively bug-free, I found a dead world under a fancy coat of paint, a soulless spectacle a mile wide and an inch deep. I'd like to know DLC plans ASAP - even if it takes awhile to deliver. Given how many promises were undelivered, this needs more than a hair pack and an armor set.

Honestly, I think the missing content element is made of fan assumptions. They read comments like, "Life paths will include multiple endings and you'll be able to change Life Path from Corpo to Nomad" and don't realize that Panam is the Nomad ending.

I'd rather have New Game+ than a train ride around the city looking at things.

I don't mean to be an ass but your argument on this particularly topic is extremely weak.

Life paths mean almost completely nothing. You have occasional dialogue options that doesn't really change any thing.

Panam is the Nomad ending? Okay one ending. Is that restricted to Nomads? If it's not, do you think starting as a Corpo and then having the Panam ending is really changing life paths or anything?

"missing content element" There's a lot more missing content than multiple endings and changing life paths. Plenty of things have already been mentioned in this thread and plenty of things are mentioned on other sites, such as youtube.

It is nice, to see some contrition. Not enough in my opinion, because it wasn't completely honest. The game is an impressive looking hot mess, and they completely knew it.

I noticed the new roadmap doesn't have a date attached to the next updates. If the first one no longer shows up in January, welp your tweet the other day dispelling the rumor may have been a mistake. Since we are still in January, I will wait to pass judgement there.

The real reason I felt the need to post is that the game is underwhelming, and that is the big surprise. Pretty graphics only go so far, and the absurd vehicle, NPC and police AI is a shocking regression in gaming. It is analogous to ME:Andromeda animations; those were incredibly bad for their time and worse when compared to the earlier game iterations. We don't have an earlier CP2077 to compare to, but we do have plenty of games with populated cities, NPCs, cops cars and weapons. This isn't revolutionary gaming, and somehow what this game represents feels like a step back from the 00's in AI. It is hard to comprehend.

With all that said, I quit playing just under 11 hours. Until I see this commitment in action and an overwhelmingly positive reaction from the community, I don't think I'll be playing it again.

I have no interest in a refund; you got me. Now make good on it, so my opinion of you doesn't go straight to what I think of your main competitors.

Fingers crossed , it says free dlcs , so small freebies ?
Will there be paid large dlc , or everything free ?
Just hope we get a finished game in end plus cut content and expanded content , cyberpunk got so much potential . All best cdpr :)

Dear gamers,

We are committed to fixing bugs and crashes and will continue to work and improve the game via future updates to make sure you are enjoying the game regardless of the platform.

We will use this space to inform you about the progress being made on Cyberpunk 2077’s further development, including information about updates and improvements, free DLCs, and more.

Below, you’ll find CD PROJEKT’s co-founder’s personal explanation of what the days leading up to the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 looked like, sharing the studio’s perspective on what happened with the game on old-generation consoles.

Thank you

CD PROJEKT RED

This video was created in English so only the English version fully reflects our message. Subtitles in other languages were added solely for your convenience.

FAQ

Q: Why is there such a gap between PC versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and old-gen consoles?

A
: Cyberpunk 2077 is huge in scope, it features a multitude of custom objects, interacting systems and mechanics. In the game, everything is not stretched out over flat terrain where we can make things less taxing hardware-wise, but condensed in one big city and in a relatively loading-free environment. We made it even more difficult for ourselves by first wanting to make the game look epic on PCs and then adjusting it to consoles — especially old-gens. That was our core assumption. And things did not look super difficult at first, while we knew the hardware gap, ultimately, time has proven that we've underestimated the task.

Q: What was the main issue that made development for consoles that difficult?

A
: The main culprit was having to constantly improve our in-game streaming system for old-gen consoles. Streaming is responsible for “feeding” the engine with what you see on screen, as well as the game mechanics. Since the city is so packed and the disk bandwidth of old-gen consoles is what it is, this is something that constantly challenged us.

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A:
We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Q: Why was there a gap between PC and console reviews?

A:
We started sending out PC review keys to start the review process in the first week of December. Come December 10th, launch day, we had a really good start with PC reviews, and while it’s not perfect, this is a version of the game we were, and still are, very proud of. When it comes to the review process for consoles, at the same time PC codes were sent out we were still working hard to improve the quality of the game on old-gen consoles. Every extra day that we worked on the day zero update brought visible improvement — that’s why we started sending console codes for reviews on the 8th December, which was later than we had planned.

Q: What have you done since launch to make the game better?

A:
Our top priority since launch has been to fix bugs in Cyberpunk 2077. We have already released three hotfixes which have improved the game, but these are just the beginning.

Q: What are you going to do going forward to fix Cyberpunk 2077?

A:
We are focused on fixing the bugs and crashes players are experiencing across every platform. You can expect more in the way of patches — both small and large — to be released regularly. The first update will drop in the next 10 days, and it will be followed by a larger, more significant update, in the weeks after. Our plans for supporting Cyberpunk 2077 in the long-term are unchanged, and we will continue to introduce updates and patches to give all players across all consoles and PCs a better experience with the game.

Q: You have said there would be free DLC for the game in ‘early 2021’, will this be impacted by improvements?

A:
We’re still planning on releasing free DLC for the game, just like with The Witcher 3. However, we have decided that our priority is working on the most important fixes and updates. We will be releasing free DLC afterwards — we’ll have more to say about that in the coming months.

Q: When can we expect the next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077?

A:
For those who are playing the game on next-gen consoles via backwards compatibility, we are planning the free, next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series consoles, and PlayStation 5, this year. We’re aiming for the second half of the year and we’ll reveal more when we have more to share.

Q: Are you making the team crunch to work on the patches?

A:
The team is working to bring relevant fixes to the game without any obligatory overtime. Avoiding crunch on all of our future projects is one of our top priorities.

Q: When is the game coming back to PlayStation Store?

A:
We are working on fixes and updates, and are working with Sony to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

Q: What is the status of the Help Me Refund initiative?

A:
The initiative is progressing according to plan and we just sent out the first wave of reimbursements.

Thank you for the communication! Please don't disappear, please stay consistent with communication. A lot of us in the forums I think didn't have their questions/wants answered. I think we all knew that getting to the PS store/fixing the game was a priority. So I am hopeful, but I won't expect my want/expectations fulfilled.

I hope CDPR looks at what happened with Dice and BF2, and realize that even if you deliver the moon to haters they're still going to hate this game. Nothing they do will ever be good enough, so stop trying to please them and just focus on the true fans who enjoy this game and don't make up imaginary "cut content" to complain about.

Bro give me a break. They promised something, did not deliver. You want to tell me that people are not in right to complain, since a lot of MAJOR features they promised have not been delivered? Maybe people were wrong to hop on the hype train, but you also need to keep in mind it was CDPR who was in charge of it the whole time. And who deliberately kept adding more and more.

Don't want to be rude but if what was said about the older consoles is true they must not be very good at testing.

Bro give me a break. They promised something, did not deliver. You want to tell me that people are not in right to complain, since a lot of MAJOR features they promised have not been delivered? Maybe people were wrong to hop on the hype train, but you also need to keep in mind it was CDPR who was in charge of it the whole time. And who deliberately kept adding more and more.

They delivered on everything they promised. What they didn't deliver on was the massive amount of assumptions people made based on concept art or development footage. They're not responsible for peoples fantasies, nor their disappointment when their unfounded assumptions aren't included in the game.

The amount of disinformation around this game is nothing short of astounding. From imaginary "cut content" to "choices don't matter" lies. This game is the most in depth RPG ever created, hands down. For people to act as if Skyrim or some other third rate shallow game is anywhere near this is laughable. I followed this development since the first trailer. Only difference is I didn't inject my personal assumptions into the game like the vocal minority of this community seem to have. I expected something just as good as Witcher 3, and received a game that was even better.

Don't want to be rude but if what was said about the older consoles is true they must not be very good at testing.

What, that it runs surprisingly well?

720p 30 fps is the standard for last gen console games. The fact that a game as dense and complex as this one can run at that performance is surprisingly well...

They delivered on everything they promised. What they didn't deliver on was the massive amount of assumptions people made based on concept art or development footage. They're not responsible for peoples fantasies, nor their disappointment when their unfounded assumptions aren't included in the game.

The amount of disinformation around this game is nothing short of astounding. From imaginary "cut content" to "choices don't matter" lies. This game is the most in depth RPG ever created, hands down. For people to act as if Skyrim or some other third rate shallow game is anywhere near this is laughable. I followed this development since the first trailer. Only difference is I didn't inject my personal assumptions into the game like the vocal minority of this community seem to have. I expected something just as good as Witcher 3, and received a game that was even better.

720p 30 fps is the standard for last gen console games. The fact that a game as dense and complex as this one can run at that performance is surprisingly well...

No,that they didn't experience any of the bugs and glitches.

I was waiting for the /s at the end of the post but you are actually serious ...

Top Bottom