Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
Faith. Lost. I'm not gonna sugar coat this. No mention of fixing or adding any cut-content? Just fixing bugs, glitches and crashes. Sure...Have fun selling multiplayer, it's only downhill from here. Keep pretending that under all the bugs, the game is a masterpiece that you guys are "proud" of. Pff...Take a good, hard look at Kingdom Come: Deliverance, a game made by a rookie company, making their first game ever in 2018, with less time and budget. Warhorse studios just owned your a**es...But hey, please hype the next game when you are ready :ROFLMAO:. Try to soothe the community with FREE DLC's. "Alternate look for Judy Alvarez" YAAAAY...what a joke.

EVEN WITHOUT THE BUGS AND GLITCHES, THE GAME IS MEDIOCRE!!!!
what? Kingdom Come Deliverance is a broken unoptimized mess, it's basically unplayable on base Ps4 to this day.

I agree.
What I really miss in the game is going to a bar ... watching people ... getting drunk and talking to other guest.
Or going to a restaurant or fast food shack an eating a meal there instead of buying something that ends up in my inventory.
Even after you end up with Kerry with the best coffee in town, you're not able to drink another one or just flirt with the waitress.
The fact that you have a phone and the best you can do is just repeat the same questions to some friends is really sad, not being able to call the character you romanced to go to a bar have a fun time or hell even call them to go up shoot some gonks in NC, do some bonding through bloodshed is really weird.

Yeah it is not Skyrim, nor GTA V, but I did not see anyone saying so here. Just for you then, even tho it is on reddit, it actually have the timestamps https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/keg3lp Here. What is imaginary about it? Don't go starting with that it has work in progress and things might change. They were announcing content they would cut and deliberately did not mention other things they cut aswell. Makes sense, since they were major ones which they were boasting about in various videos and twitter posts.
I'm not sure what's sadder:
  1. That the gonk in the post you've linked spent all that time spreadsheeting a list of things that are different from a game released 2 whole years after the video was published (probably watched it at least ten times, in his dressing gown, squinting through tear-sodden eyes whilst mainlining Haagen-Dazs as his pudgy, snotty fingers mashed keys into google sheets).
  2. Or that you've parroted said post without double-checking the content of the video yourself.
Because at exactly this point, right at the very start of the video (starting at 30s), is everything we need to know that that sorry list of self-deception is utter garbage.

Watch video

Before we start, a small but important disclaimer: The gameplay you're about to see is from a work in progress version of the game, and everything you see is potentially subject to change.

Sorry I'm being so grumpy - I'm a developer and all the negativity these folks have been getting is bad enough - but when they tell you not to take what you see literally, it really bothers me that people then complain all because they take it literally. It's exactly like ignoring the 'Caution: Hot' warning on your coffee, then complaining that your coffee was too hot.

Hey CDPR

Just read the threads posted so far. We understand you need to get this game functional, but many people here, myself included, would pay for these features, even if they're cut content.

C'mon people, don't let this devolve into personal skirmishes.

You're all going to get this thread locked. A perfect opportunity to provide decent feedback in a centralized place and you're all going to squander it.
What a sad corpo gonk! :sneaky:

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Well so far you have not given one example of nonlinearity. When I asked you for one, you then dismissed it with that the post would be too long. You then stated that it provides unique resolution to quests, I am guessing by now you cannot give an example of that either. No point in discussing further then. Sure I did choose the same options, because those are the only ones there are.

Because I'm not going to waste time explaining that when there are several obvious examples that if you haven't noticed so far it's because of your own bias. Then theres the issue with playing the exact same dialogue and choices. Now you've admitted to it.

I don't need to convince you of the nonlinear nature of this game in order for me to recognize it for what it is. Your opinion on this doesn't invalidate the reality of the game. I and countless others who have done multiple playthroughs already know the intricate complexities in this game, and in many cases players are only beginning to scratch the surface because there is so much. You only diminish your own experience by playing the exact same way they complaining about it being "linear".

Great response and while the ball may have been dropped in some respects, this has led to a hype machine for Cyberpunk 2077 that's unmissable and is on the lips of many, many gamers. The positive aspect to that is people will buy into the good and bad news and I should imagine even more units will fly off the shelf, especially after console fixes.
Unfortunately, this highlights one of the biggest problems in the development of games, too early release to satisfy the board / shareholders. We've seen those nasty entities like Ubisoft and EA think only about the cash flow, rather than the gamer and I see this has happened here too, recoup investment into development and release too early, that's the sad state of the industry currently.

All this said, CDPR has always had my support and my views haven't changed, so keep doing what you're doing because I'm loving Cyberpunk and even if I had to add a few mods which will hopefully be patched in for future quality of life, it's no biggy, so keep up the great work!! (y)

I'll be honest here, I understand that in lieu of the lawsuits and possibly more upcoming lawsuits, it would have been dangerous to admit, but come on obviously you knew damn well how bad the console versions were, you obviously made attempts to hide the state of the game on last gen consoles and even if I understand why you didn't SAY THAT in the video it doesn't change that it makes the video and apology as a whole less believable.

Also, it's good that you are committed to fixes and making the game work better on last gen consoles, but those are by far not the only problem, what about the AI for the civilian population, what about gangs and cops AI, what about the non-existing AI for cars? Those and all the other features that were scrubbed down to something approaching a working state but really are only the bare minimum or below that.
I mean, there are skills in the skilltree which don't work at all, because the feature just isn't in the game, the crafting is bad, the clothes as armour system without transmogrification or cosmetics is rudimentary and I could go on for pages about similar things.
Even now none of these issues was addressed it's always only about the bugs.

I appreciate your plans, I will give you time to fix it, but at some point you need to explain which parts of the game will be worked on beyond those bugs and glitches, which gutted or removed features will be fixed or re-implemented.

I'm not sure what's sadder:
  1. That the gonk in the post you've linked spent all that time spreadsheeting a list of things that are different from a game released 2 whole years after the video was published (probably watched it at least ten times, in his dressing gown, squinting through tear-sodden eyes whilst mainlining Haagen-Dazs as his pudgy, snotty fingers mashed keys into google sheets).
  2. Or that you've parroted said post without double-checking the content of the video yourself.
Because at exactly this point, right at the very start of the video (starting at 30s), is everything we need to know that that sorry list of self-deception is utter garbage.

Watch video

Sorry I'm being so grumpy - I'm a developer and all the negativity these folks have been getting is bad enough - but when they tell you not to take what you see literally, it really bothers me that people then complain all because they take it literally. It's exactly like ignoring the 'Caution: Hot' warning on your coffee, then complaining that your coffee was too hot.

You are right.
On the other hand, they had been stating things like working police system, lifepaths that matter and other things in the night city wires, which were posted much more recently.

I'll be honest here, I understand that in lieu of the lawsuits and possibly more upcoming lawsuits, it would have been dangerous to admit, but come on obviously you knew damn well how bad the console versions were, you obviously made attempts to hide the state of the game on last gen consoles and even if I understand why you didn't SAY THAT in the video it doesn't change that it makes the video and apology as a whole less believable.

Also, it's good that you are committed to fixes and making the game work better on last gen consoles, but those are by far not the only problem, what about the AI for the civilian population, what about gangs and cops AI, what about the non-existing AI for cars? Those and all the other features that were scrubbed down to something approaching a working state but really are only the bare minimum or below that.
I mean, there are skills in the skilltree which don't work at all, because the feature just isn't in the game, the crafting is bad, the clothes as armour system without transmogrification or cosmetics is rudimentary and I could go on for pages about similar things.
Even now none of these issues was addressed it's always only about the bugs.

I appreciate your plans, I will give you time to fix it, but at some point you need to explain which parts of the game will be worked on beyond those bugs and glitches, which gutted or removed features will be fixed or re-implemented.
I agree with you. The issues you are pointing out were noted by some in other threads, but sadly not enough.

Thank you for the hard work , and please do consider in making-fixing Police AI and AI in general,like some police chasing either by foot , and cars instead of just spawning behind us etc. More clubs-bars, more places to go and interact with.Things that we can do after finishing every mission, like maybe choice to go out with friends (Panam,River,Judy,Goro and so on) and interact , paint - customize our vehicles so in that way even if we finish every mission city won't feel empty and there will be many things to do .

Last edited:
Bla-bla-bla concoles, bla-bla-bla concole gamers.

Don't give a damn about the console. Let them just buy their shitty PS5 and stop whining. There are more important questions that no one has answered!
Why is the game short and linear?
Why is its content at the level of the worst Ubisoft games of the last decade?
Why is the city dead and not interactive?
Why is the game worse than The Witcher 3 in all aspects for which we love CDPR games?

This is MUCH MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than the previous generation console versions.

Awesome
thanks for the news
good to know PC version will get patches too
waiting patiently for updates to complete the game again :cool:

I'm playing, or was on PS5, had a few issues but inevitably decided to stop playing after a few bugs that made the game not fun, so looking forward to patches and fixes for new-gen and PC but if I'm honest I don't feel it's worth your effort trying to "dumb" the game down for old-gen, they just aren't capable of playing the game as intended, and I do t think that many old-gen gamers will come back after the issues, I know I probably wouldn't. So focus up on new-gen and PC, your time is better spent there than in the past.

Dear developers, it is clear that fixing the technical part will take a lot of time and effort, so it is not surprising that most likely the whole of 2021 will be spent on this.

But I hope, please, hear the voice of the community:

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...r-storyline-sidequests-dlc-spoilers.11052728/

Make the dream for many people come true, expand (in the main storyline) and continue (after "Star" ending) the story with Panam Palmer. Because you managed to create a very beautiful love relationship story btw V and Panam, and now people want more!)

So many cool ideas have already been proposed in these discussions, many of which do not require a lot of resources to implement: SMS, Phone calls, etc.
Like:

Such a minor thing, as for example having the option to come to the camp and spend the night there, with a little cutscene where you sit around the campfire with others, Cassidy playing the guitar etc.. That would do so much. This little thing would make the whole game so much more interesting to me.

Of course, all of this is after fixing the technical part.
#CDPR, please and thank you!

Top Bottom