Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
You are right.
On the other hand, they had been stating things like working police system, lifepaths that matter and other things in the night city wires, which were posted much more recently.

Yep, I'd definitely like to see those things in.

There's lots of great constructive feature ideas throughout these forums, to be fair, and I've no doubt many of them were already on the backlogs that the teams were working from, because if we can think of them, you can sure as hell bet they did, too.

That video is actually an example the main thing that went wrong here. The 'when it's ready' message came at a time when the Devs had control of the delivery process: they knew they had a massive challenge and they wanted to do it right.

It would've been clear to anyone looking at the the early builds, though, that the hype train would rapidly fill up if anybody actually saw them, and I'll bet that's exactly when it got out of control for the devs. I seem to recall an interview with one of the team around the time that 48m video came out mentioning that they were really nervous about showing it - not because they were worried people wouldn't like it, but because they really couldn't be sure the final product would be the same.

From then on, the teams were under pressure to get it all done, and as the next-gen console launch approached they just got nailed to the wall to be in time for then - all the while having to work from home when normally you wouldn't do that on AAA game development (not least because your remote workers lose direct usage of the on-premises hardware used for quick builds, asset compilation etc).

The worst thing about all that is that CDPR didn't need to rush the release in time for the console launches: the world would quite happily have waited a bit longer. After an extra year, what's another few months!?

Now I read the comments of other users and I see that they are not worried about the performance of the console versions!
You, the leadership of the CDPR, do not seem to understand at all what the players want.

The game came out bad. And it needs to be altered WHOLE.
Rewrite the main plot. Replace boring side quests with good ones. Return tons and tons of clipped content. Make more unique weapons and clothing. Reduce the number of cancer looter shooter mechanics.

Instead, we are promised a good, stable version on PS4. Pffff! No. This is not what we are waiting for.

this is an absolute disgrace.
proud of the pc version? No issues with it? liars.

[...]

I'm done with you CDPR: cya all. had a great time with you gwent team, good bye slama and burza <3 and geralt and ciri and team triss.. and you too team yen. gonna miss you - but i managed to survive without blizzard and nintendo aswell.
thank you indie games!

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead, we are promised a good, stable version on PS4. Pffff! No. This is not what we are waiting for.

You have to understand that at this point in time getting the game to work properly on current gen is the priority. Along with getting the game back on the Playstation store. This is literally what the consumer protection agency in Poland is asking of them. It will also help them in the lawsuits if they ever gain traction.

It doesn't mean, in any way, that's what they'll stop at.

Yep, I'd definitely like to see those things in.

There's lots of great constructive feature ideas throughout these forums, to be fair, and I've no doubt many of them were already on the backlogs that the teams were working from, because if we can think of them, you can sure as hell bet they did, too.

That video is actually an example the main thing that went wrong here. The 'when it's ready' message came at a time when the Devs had control of the delivery process: they knew they had a massive challenge and they wanted to do it right.

It would've been clear to anyone looking at the the early builds, though, that the hype train would rapidly fill up if anybody actually saw them, and I'll bet that's exactly when it got out of control for the devs. I seem to recall an interview with one of the team around the time that 48m video came out mentioning that they were really nervous about showing it - not because they were worried people wouldn't like it, but because they really couldn't be sure the final product would be the same.

From then on, the teams were under pressure to get it all done, and as the next-gen console launch approached they just got nailed to the wall to be in time for then - all the while having to work from home when normally you wouldn't do that on AAA game development (not least because your remote workers lose direct usage of the on-premises hardware used for quick builds, asset compilation etc).

The worst thing about all that is that CD:pR didn't need to rush the release in time for the console launches: the world would quite happily have waited a bit longer. After an extra year, what's another few months!?
As Cyberpunk was originally Cyberpunk 2020 as a pen and paper, they probably rushed to get it done in 2020. As we (and they) know now, it was the wrong decission.

Sorry not buying this whole sob story. It screams, sorry not sorry.

They knew next gen consoles were coming, so why the hell would you release it on old gen?

Furthermore, YOU were happy with the state of the game??!?! A buggy empty incomplete game?!? And you then blame it on how you built the city? This is not the Witcher series. You had an easy ride with that franchise. Then you chose to do something completely new with less material and were basically chickens running around with your heads cut-off.

True, COVID put a damper on many working people, especially those in the gaming industry. But Cyberpunk has been worked on for years prior to the pandemic. In its final year, Cyberpunk should have been in the polishing stage. Thus, working from home would have been challenging but not impossible. Since the pandemic was causing such a problem on the production it could have been delayed until the pandemic was over. People—such as I--- would have understood.

Right. You tested it out on consoles, and it was fine. Uh huh.

Were those imaginary consoles?

[...]

Testing the play ability of a game and not finding an odd quest bug? Understandable.

Testing the play ability of a game and it immediately crashing? Inexcusable, to not to see that as a problem--a BIG one.

I have been playing games for decades and understand games upon release will have bugs etc. And said bugs will get fixed with patches as time goes on.

However, Cyberpunk is a single player game. Let me repeat, a single player game. These issues coming from a newly launched MMO? Sure. But a single player game? Uh no. At least not this dumpster fire.

Yes, I am happy to hear you and the team are on the path to fix the game. But at least Todd Howard had the balls to come forward and tell the truth, that he knew Fallout 76 was a mess and released it anyways.

[...]

Commit to quality? CDPR certainly did not have that in mind when releasing the game.

How about we change it to…Commitment to Bullshit

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to understand that at this point in time getting the game to work properly on current gen is the priority. Along with getting the game back on the Playstation store. This is literally what the consumer protection agency in Poland is asking of them. It will also help them in the lawsuits if they ever gain traction.

It doesn't mean, in any way, that's what they'll stop at.
Yep, because it's around current-gen that CDPR can quite rightly be accused of wilful misrepresentation.

Or, perhaps more accurately, underrepresentation...

Really Stoked they Responded even though they didn't have to say Shit.
Not at all Surprised though that a lot of these "DLCs" are coming a lot later than Expected, like Later half of the Year Later. But I'm still happy that their not going to just Fix whatever Bugs there is and Ditch the game Overall.
Though their Lack of Responding to Cut Content Complaints and Features or even Acknowledging them is a bit Worry some. though I'm sure their just busy as Fuck with the Overall Fuck Up State of the Game on consoles that, be better to Fix that shit before they get into any Content Talk.
So I Hope they Address The Cut Content and Future Content down the Line. Maybe after or Before they Release their First Free DLC.

Even as is, I spent close to 300 hrs in this game (PC). You have something really special here. So long as you don't give up on it, I won't give up on CDPR. Looking forward to the improvements you'll make.

back in around 80-90's there was a thing called DEMOs, now in the 2k its called DIGITAL DEMOs or did that just pooof out of existance like the dinosuars too ? or did CDPR just ignore it never exited in the 1st place ?

As much as I like Cyberpunk, the AI in the game is one of the worst i have ever seen, I made a video about it demonstrating how a Lego City game runs rings around Cyberpunks AI. It's not even close, the AI needs to be addressed in a future patch, because it is IMMERSION breaking.

Brilliant, who would have believed it, a better AI in Lego City than in Cyberpunk 2077... how embarrassing...

Why is this game such a bad RPG?
I spent hours and hours replaying the prologue over and over again trying to save Jackie.
Why doesn't Dexter's betrayal affect anything?
Why can't we save Evelyn?
Why does Meredith disappear from the plot after first sex?
Why doesn't the three numbers on the character's menu affect anything? It turned out that even for the secret ending, they are not needed.
Why is there underwater breathing in the pumping tree that is not needed anywhere?
Why was Flathead removed from the game?
Why doesn't the backstory affect anything but one short and squalid quest?
Why does 98% of responses in plot dialogues not affect anything?

We were waiting for a new generation RPG. But it turned out that this game is worse than Fallout New Vegas, worse than Skyrim, even worse than The Witcher 2.
And the main question! WHY DID YOU CHANGE THE GENRE OF THIS GAME?
Why has it turned from an RPG into an "action adventure"? These issues worry the community more than console bugs. Console versions can burn in hell.

From the bottom of my heart: All you guys had to do was come out and say "this shouldn't have happened. This won't happen again. Here's what we're doing to fix it" and you STILL don't get that.

There's not a soul on the planet that believes the current state of last-gen just slipped right on by your notice. Right now, no one cares about excuses or explanations. There is no "hindsight is 20/20" when you've been watching every other dev on the planet making the same mistakes with the goodwill of their fanbase. This was motivated by money and at this point, your priority should not be convincing me otherwise, but fixing your game.

How any business can witness the downfall of studios like Bethesda and STILL mess it up this badly is mindblowing. I'm more than willing to believe that this was driven by the business arm of the company and not the fault of the actual dev team, but that only carries it so far.

Willing to give you guys the benefit of the doubt that the incredible sales you still pulled won't tarnish whatever humanity you have left, but man you guys should be ashamed of yourselves for so many reasons.

I love the game. I've been playing primarily on Xbox one and PC as well. The last update solved most of the occasional crashing for me. Thanks for the updates and the amazing fun!

god damn it its 3:30 am.. i have wasted enough time of my life with this.
peace im out, will never see you again. take care.

god damn it its 3:30 am.. i have wasted enough time of my life with this.
peace im out, will never see you again. take care.

C'mon man, it's 3:30AM. It's already almost morning.

You only got 95 posts. Keep posting for a few more hours.

1610591942630.png

Top Bottom