Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
So many people never own up to any mistakes and you guys have my deepest respect until the day I die.

What mistake did they own up to? They are literally lying in the video they put out. They're saying they thought the old-gen console versions were working properly, despite knowing they were broken and going out of their way to stop reviewers from talking about it.
I could bring up other things from the past, but I don't think there's any point. They haven't learned and they're lying even now.

I have this day more than 300 hours of play, I traveled the map at 100%. game finished with platinum trophy without much difficulty. no glitch used. Game difficulty Hard mode.
I defended this game for almost two weeks but I realized, I confessed to myself; no need to deny the truth, the final statement; it's a shaky game. badly finished as a draft.
I hope for the futur; Cyberpunk will become a beautiful game but I have doubts.
the most serious, when I said; I restart a New Game, I was heavly criticized by friends and gamers.

Do I like CP-2077? ; Yes.

No mention of cut content, this is very disappointing. They ruined the game for their most loyal player base that have probably already finished it in its current state and has had their first impression ruined. I don't believe people that are saying that this game is fun in its current state, I guess they are suffering from Stockholm syndrome or something. As it looks now the game will maybe be playable in september.
Stockholm syndrome it is!
People who proceed to be proud along with CDPR management do not understand that they legitimize this unacceptable approach in game industry.
One day everyone agreed to pay for early access products. Alpha, beta versions of games which often are not even released! This is insane!
Now we are told we have a RELEASED versions which is ok. Sorry, what? Are you kidding?
Personally I love the game. I don't need a refund or smth, but it is obviously not finished!
We should call a spade a spade! Enough of this nonsense!

in GOG launcher : 27% finished the main storyline. Maybe some people gave up. But a lot of people commenting havent finished the game. That's the same with some youtubers that played 2 hours.

Hey CDPR.

Yesterday was a good step, we're all very appreciative of your owning of the problems that this game has and the resolution that the next two major patches will bring a consistently good experience across all platforms.

However, the majority of your fanbase is still up in the air in regards to the long-term plans of your game. Will this be the next gen experience everybody was hoping it would be after the updates or will it simply be a forgotten singleplayer game, which would warn other studios about the hubris of over-promising and failing to deliver.

Most reasonable people here are not concerned that the game may need work, what we're frustrated with is we don't know if you share the same vision for the game that we do. If you do, I think you would regain many a persons trust and we would be willing to wait. Chiefly among what we're concerned about is the unresolved ending and immersion (such as in regards to cops spawning, romance content, NPC content, extra side-missions etc).

I would hope that we receive some confirmation that the features everybody is wishing would be in the game, most of which are relatively minor, would be announced. That will resolve many fears that this game is going to remain in it's current state in regards to content. We certainly are not interested in weapon skins.

We're all waiting for your words.

There is a disclaimer in the video. Work in progress version subject to change.

I would be so embarrassed to make this post. We both know why that disclaimer is there, because games are at times shown in alpha and there's an expectation that things will improve. Let me say that again, in case you have trouble understanding that simple concept: IMPROVE, as in get better by the time of release, as in you are looking at an unfinished game in which lighting, ui, animations, and so on may change by the time of release.
If you think putting 100% of your effort into making a flashy demo for a presentation for the sake of advertising and online clout to then proceed and release a half-baked game that's missing most of what was shown even in that demo alone, let alone the wider implications for the entire experience, then you are just so ethically compromised that you frankly have no place working in any honest business.
Unbelievably embarrassing line of argumentation.

I have this day more than 300 hours of play, I traveled the map at 100%. game finished with platinum trophy without much difficulty. no glitch used. Game difficulty Hard mode.
I defended this game for almost two weeks but I realized, I confessed to myself; no need to deny the truth, the final statement; it's a shaky game. badly finished as a draft.
I hope for the futur; Cyberpunk will become a beautiful game but I have doubts.
the most serious, when I said; I restart a New Game, I was heavly criticized by friends and gamers.

Do I like CP-2077? ; Yes.
Thank you!
That's exactly what I am talking about.
My statement is as follows:

The developers did a great job! It's an absolute masterpiece. Bugs, broken mechanics, etc. can be fixed. Nothing wrong with that.
The managers blew it all. And yes, the revenue is pretty decent, but what have you done to CDPR reputation?

Last edited:
Honestly, the only good news I got is that after 2 big games they finally admit they don't care of consoles so we know what to expect from their next game: a rushed port from the pc version, unplayable for months after launch.

They have no customer loyalty and never did. Despite Witcher 1 releasing in a an awful state, the PC base gave them a pass because it was their first real game and at the time there weren't many exclusives being made for the platform. CDPR's next move was to basically make a console game with Witcher 2 so they could get more revenue, and went overnight from PC purists to focusing largely on the 360.
They have zero regard for their customers and you should take nothing they say as genuine. They're just good at PR.

EDIT: And I should mention, even their early footage of Witcher 1 ended up being cut content, lol. At least they're keeping that tradition alive, heh.

Hate to be one the say this but: The bugs don't really bother me.
Game suffers from two much larger problems: Lack of content and lack of choices that matter.

I might be wrong but the main story is about 9-11 missions long?

There is the meet Jackie mission, followed by the get the bot mission and then the actual heist. Yes, there are the meet this or that NPC missions in between but let's be honest those meetings with Stout, Dex and Parker aren't the most exciting of "missions". Specially since all choices leads to the same result.

Then Jackie is killed off for no reason. Honestly, there should be the option to save him. Maybe one option leads to him taking some time off screen but eventually get fixed up by a ripper. Or maybe there can be a serie of missions that lead in being able to take Jackie back from Arasaka. As of right now, Jackie's death serves no purpose. Never do we see V get angry and wanting to get revenge. It would also help if the player could actually build a bond with Jackie by playing through all those "missions" shown on the flashbacks...Instead of just showing flashbacks. That's just lazy. This would be equal to showing flashbacks of Geralt working with the Red baron and dealing with the ladies of the woods...and then having the player go looking for Ciri. As a result you are robbing the player of a great experience.

After Jackie's death, there are various meets with Takemura and then we kidnap Hanako.

Then, I guess the other "choice" is to work with the Voodoo boys. We get two quests and then V single handedly wipes out the Voodoo clan. Seriously? Are you going to introduce a faction for just two missions? I was hoping we would get some "work" from the Voodoo faction or from the Netwatch agent. But nope. Once again, that's lazy.

Then guess what? The final mission opens up.
Hate to say it but there are call of duty campaigns with more substance than what is being offered by the Cyberpunk 2077 story. Yes, there are some captivating missions such as: The River murders, the Peralez stuff, the sinnerman and Panam. But all of this is optional. Not sure if you had different sets of programmers working on the side content and another on the main story...But whoever created the side missions above carried this game hard. The only memorable moments I have sofar from Cyberpunk2077 comes from the sidecontent. Main story is forgettable.

Finally, I need to rehash the fact that all conversations lead to the same result. There is no choice. A random mission here and there do have choices that matter but where are those seemingly small choices that will come back to bite you or reward you later on? Non-existent!

[Added spoiler tags.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, if you were to take their message literally, then they are "proud of the game on PC"...

I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

It's good to see Iwin own up to the botched console launch for CP, hopefully they're able to deliver acceptable performance with patches - actions speak louder than words, after all.

For me, CP2077 even on PC did not meet the quality I expect from CDPR, and not because of "missing features" or "cut content" that some in this thread seem to lament - I got the featues and content I was expecting, I didn't feel like I was lied to, it's just that the quality of the content wasn't as good as I've come to expect from CDPR. So, for me, what matters now - aside from fixing the broken product they've delivered on consoles and the nastier bugs that plague all platforms - is that their next title is a firm step up from CP and TW3, not this strange mixed bag of 2 steps back, 1 step forward we got with Cyberpunk.

Honestly, the only good news I got is that after 2 big games they finally admit they don't care of consoles so we know what to expect from their next game: a rushed port from the pc version, unplayable for months after launch.
What are you even on about? The Xbox 360 port of TW2 was an excellent example of ports done right. The Witcher 3's console versions had some issues here and there in terms of performance, true, but they were still very much playable even at launch.

Hate to be one the say this but: The bugs don't really bother me.
Game suffers from two much larger problems: Lack of content and lack of choices that matter.

I might be wrong but the main story is about 9-11 missions long?

There is the meet Jackie mission, followed by the get the bot mission and then the actual heist. Yes, there are the meet this or that NPC missions in between but let's be honest those meetings with Stout, Dex and Parker aren't the most exciting of "missions". Specially since all choices leads to the same result.

Then Jackie is killed off for no reason. Honestly, there should be the option to save him. Maybe one option leads to him taking some time off screen but eventually get fixed up by a ripper. Or maybe there can be a serie of missions that lead in being able to take Jackie back from Arasaka. As of right now, Jackie's death serves no purpose. Never do we see V get angry and wanting to get revenge. It would also help if the player could actually build a bond with Jackie by playing through all those "missions" shown on the flashbacks...Instead of just showing flashbacks. That's just lazy. This would be equal to showing flashbacks of Geralt working with the Red baron and dealing with the ladies of the woods...and then having the player go looking for Ciri. As a result you are robbing the player of a great experience.

After Jackie's death, there are various meets with Takemura and then we kidnap Hanako.

Then, I guess the other "choice" is to work with the Voodoo boys. We get two quests and then V single handedly wipes out the Voodoo clan. Seriously? Are you going to introduce a faction for just two missions? I was hoping we would get some "work" from the Voodoo faction or from the Netwatch agent. But nope. Once again, that's lazy.

Then guess what? The final mission opens up.
Hate to say it but there are call of duty campaigns with more substance than what is being offered by the Cyberpunk 2077 story. Yes, there are some captivating missions such as: The River murders, the Peralez stuff, the sinnerman and Panam. But all of this is optional. Not sure if you had different sets of programmers working on the side content and another on the main story...But whoever created the side missions above carried this game hard. The only memorable moments I have sofar from Cyberpunk2077 comes from the sidecontent. Main story is forgettable.

Finally, I need to rehash the fact that all conversations lead to the same result. There is no choice. A random mission here and there do have choices that matter but where are those seemingly small choices that will come back to bite you or reward you later on? Non-existent!
This is because Cyberpunk 2077 in its current state is a draft of Cyberpunk 2077 final and released version.
Mainquest is a rollercoaster, a movie... it's brilliant, thrilling but looks more like a promo of an openworld-non-linear-and-so-on thing.
Personally I had more fun playing kinda craft-sandbox style. Which ofcourse led me to the fact that crafting is at a demo state as well.
Nevertheless, the game is great. It's draft is so promising that It could become the best game ever. I wish I could play one day in a full and released version.
My only hope is that CDPR won't abandon it... you see? Abandon... Once again as I was talking about an early access game...

So its just the console version that is at fault for this dilemma? Laughable ...
They just don't recognize that the game they delivered just didn't cut it, content wise, depth wise its just not what was promised, by a long shot.
And thats what bothers me it looks like they are completely satisfied with the PC version even though so much is missing ...

This is valid ONLY if the game dev cycle started 2 years ago.
The game is in development for 8 years. 3-4 years ago there were no PS5s and Xbox X something (you know the new boxes from Xbox).
So the game should run as good as all PS4 games.
Either the game (the final product we have) is in development for around 2-3years or the whole team is incompetent including management, developers, testers.

Finally someone with an actual thought process

Nobody mentioned, this game needs more fucking... ahh sorry romance options ! Or at least few more different dolls around this fuckable city. It feels very unrealistic and unfinished. The whole city is fllled with fuck banners with asses, tits, dicks and you can fuck only two people for money if you like it both of course. And can we get those sexy braindances too some how. And why da fuck I am customizing my dick when I can't see it when I am fucking. Sorry ,but I am fuck pissed you know. So the whole point CDPR is if you trying to go sexy and horny on me yeah ... GO OVER THE FUCKING BLOOW> LEt's Fuck This City.
Just... wow
They delivered on everything they promised. What they didn't deliver on was the massive amount of assumptions people made based on concept art or development footage. They're not responsible for peoples fantasies, nor their disappointment when their unfounded assumptions aren't included in the game.

The amount of disinformation around this game is nothing short of astounding. From imaginary "cut content" to "choices don't matter" lies. This game is the most in depth RPG ever created, hands down. For people to act as if Skyrim or some other third rate shallow game is anywhere near this is laughable. I followed this development since the first trailer. Only difference is I didn't inject my personal assumptions into the game like the vocal minority of this community seem to have. I expected something just as good as Witcher 3, and received a game that was even better.

What, that it runs surprisingly well?

720p 30 fps is the standard for last gen console games. The fact that a game as dense and complex as this one can run at that performance is surprisingly well...
"This game is the most in depth RPG ever created, hands down." Uuuh.. What now? You cant seriously mean this, i wouldnt even call this an RPG. Looter shooter at best.

I didn't expect this statement at all. At best, I expected nothing and their commitment to be shown through patches.

Most of it makes me hopeful that CP2077 will someday be the game they originally set out to make. Other parts make me think, this is it.

That first free DLC will definitely set the tone for the coming months.
Lol no I don't believe you. Words are easy to say. Your game release spoke for itself. No matter what you say nothing will change that.

You should be ashamed for that garbage you released.

Top Bottom