Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
Well, I hope not. I feel like having character customization available in-game is such a basic thing that it should have never launched without it. I personally don't think that the things I'm expecting them to add into the game are all that radical and unreasonable.
Post automatically merged:

I guess the question is whether they themselves realized this is the vision they were feeding. These companies are big. And from what we can see from employee reviews of their experiences there, a lot of higher-ups changed their minds all the time and new people came in and out. In reality, Cyberpunk has probably gone through several iterations since it was announced - after all, the game proposed nearly a decade back was nothing like what we got now. They started out by wanting to make a proper RPG (be whatever, play whatever) and ended up making a story-driven action game. And I doubt it's the same people behind those two decisions.
You're most likely right, one hand is not talking to the other and overriding it, however it doesn't change the fact that they were giving a hugely misleading impression of the game just months, even weeks before the game released. They themselves could be anyone, CDPR as an entity misled, who exactly is to blame is unclear. I am sure a lot of the developers are pretty pissed at the way this went so there is nothing personal against anyone on my part, but something went very wrong.

Oh I'm sorry, are we still taking CDPR's promises seriously?

You don’t like the game, you don’t trust CDPR even remotely when they say they will fix it.

Why are you here? Why don’t you just refund the game and be done with CDPR for good?
What is there to gain by nihilistic posting here?

I’m not trying to get at you, I’m genuinely curious what’s the goal here? Just to vent frustration?

You're most likely right, one hand is not talking to the other and overriding it, however it doesn't change the fact that they were giving a hugely misleading impression of the game just months, even weeks before the game released. They themselves could be anyone, CDPR as an entity misled, who exactly is to blame is unclear. I am sure a lot of the developers are pretty pissed at the way this went so there is nothing personal against anyone on my part, but something went very wrong.

Definitely, some things like having multiple apartments or 3rd person cutscenes I thought were basically guaranteed going into it just from watching the demo. What a shame.

Dear CD Project Team & Board,

Being at 275 hours of play on PC (whithout even finishing it), I cannot say I don't like this game, in fact I love it.

Night City is really fabulous, the true star of this game (sorry Keanu). Commercials are great, and fit perfectly with this universe, like so many other details. Your really have top notch artists.

It's a shame the game had to be released too soon, I'm sure because of the investors.
It happens too often in this industry.

Now, for the annoying :

One of the biggest flaws (for PC gamers, at least), is the AI.

Some examples :
Making a very slow U-turn with a car and seeing npcs running in all directions screaming things like "he wants to kill us !!" really kills immersion.
Talking to a random npc several times and be given answers that range alternatively from an aggressive "get lost!" to a seductive "What do you want, handsome?" (Sorry if I'm unnaccurate with the exact words, I'm playing in French, but I'm sure you get the point), also breaks immersion a lot.

So, sure bugs need to be corrected, and fast, but I think improving the AI should also be one of your TOP priorities.

I really hope you will succed in that, and make your game change from a good game to a great one.

I also hope your major financial drawbacks won't deter you from making a sequel to Cyberpunk 2077, and that the lesson of this catastrophic release will be well learned.

Thank you for your work, and I wish you the best (and a happy new year, by the way !:LOL:).

You don’t like the game, you don’t trust CDPR even remotely when they say they will fix it.

Why are you here? Why don’t you just refund the game and be done with CDPR for good?

I’m not trying to get at you, I’m genuinely curious what’s the goal here? Just to vent frustration?
I understand you but I have tried to get refund. The problem is that the game tricks you (at least on PC) that it is good so you keep playing past 2 hours. I bet this has happened to many people.. Anyway, I would stop complaining and forget about this game if I would get a refund.

I understand you but I have tried to get refund. The problem is that the game tricks you (at least on PC) that it is good so you keep playing past 2 hours. I bet this has happened to many people.. Anyway, I would stop complaining and forget about this game if I would get a refund.

Fair enough. I get it.

Yeah - regional laws regarding consumer rights can be bad. Especially because, despite the fanboi love - Steam is a fucking monster when it comes to consumer rights.

At this point talking means nothing, actions are what matter. People are perfectly entitled to speak their mind on the state of the game that was delivered as long as they aren't outright slandering or insulting people.

I still firmly believe CDPR has done good and have derived over 200 hours of solid entertainment from CP2077. Please don't let the nay-sayers bring you down, you can make this game amazing. Just keep listening to gamer suggestions and while not all are realistic (tried to explain to a guy yesterday why adding cutscenes to every shot is a really bad idea in this particular setting, for example), please at least consider them.
As for the management - I'm happy that you're aware this mess is squarely on your shoulders and hope you will have learned to listen to your developers as well as never again to cave to the demand of people, who will NOT respect you for releasing a severely diminished game. Please give your products the time they need to reach excellence, even if that takes ages. Take The Witcher 3 for example - postponed for ages and when it released, you reaped universal praise. Then you have CP2077 which is a lot more ambitious and your reputation has taken a severe hit for its premature release.

I appreciate a statement but honestly not sure why people are going oh we forgive you CDPR.

There is a lot of problems with the statement itself he basiclly admitted that he knew before release it was this bad on last gen consoles and pushed for release anyways, and the excuse of preventing reviewers showing footage from said versions nope not buying it.

I mean what did he think would happen ?

what? Kingdom Come Deliverance is a broken unoptimized mess, it's basically unplayable on base Ps4 to this day.
Yup, I partially agree. The game has some optimization issues to this day (textures pop-in mainly), but it was not broken, last I played it (I admit i played it on PC, never on PS4). However, it manages to implement some core features shared with CP2077 like:
First person: KCD did it way better, you play in first person, with 3rd person motion captured cutscenes AND simple 3rd person dialogue. I understand that CDPR scrapped 3rd person cutscenes (which is moronic, but understandable) however, i don't see any reason to omit the 3rd person conversations. It's actually more immersive to see your customized character from time to time, imo.
Looting system: Again, better in so many ways....you actually loot what the NPC is carrying.
Decent reputation and wanted system: Any wanted system is better than the one in CP2077, maybe they will fix this at the very least...
Interesting perk system: It's bonkers, I laughed my as* off when I saw the perks I could invest in KCD, in a good way.
Sure, in all fairness, no branching paths for KCD...it's a linear, honest story, which after playing both KCD and CP2077 multiple times, I prefer the one in KCD, it's more robust, has better conclusions and morals and doesn't pretend to give you the freedom of choice. IMO...

I could go on about quest design, world interactivity, weather, immersion (you get dirty, you get hungry) etc etc, but i don't want to rant. The thing that REALLY lit my fuse seeing this video was "we will share information about future games WHEN WE ARE READY"...you can literally see the cringe on his face, and the fact that they skirted and ignored the main issue of the game, the cut content and the bare bones gameplay...imo again, that's just me. Some people enjoy the game as is, being contempt just running around and killing random mobs, shutting down their brains, but for me, I couldn't bring myself to finish the game a second time because it felt like a chore and has no replay value.

At this point talking means nothing, actions are what matter.
You do understand that action takes time right? They cannot fix the game in a couple of weeks, it takes time, like it or not.
People are perfectly entitled to speak their mind on the state of the game that was delivered as long as they aren't outright slandering or insulting people.
Sure, they are entitiled to do it, but that is not what I am seeing here. What I am seeing is the same people repeating the same stuff over, and over and over, in every topic. Do not get me wrong, if that is how you want to spend your time, feel free.
However they go farther, calling people, simply put, idiots because they like the game, or trust CDPR about fixing the game.
I can decide who I trust, or what I like. I do not need anybody else to tell it to me.

Some people enjoy the game as is, being contempt just running around and killing random mobs, shutting down their brains, but for me, I couldn't bring myself to finish the game a second time because it felt like a chore and has no replay value.

You want to be disappointed, fine.

...but this is just asking for a mud slinging match and doesn't offer anything to CD Projekt, these forums, or other gamers who are here.

I don't believe you guys didn't know about the issues on consoles. In a Next gen vs Old gen Xbox comparison video you guys deliberately move, pan, drive, fight as slow as possible not just for cinematic effect or to show off new tech but to hide how bad it was on the old tech.

I enjoyed my playthrough on PC but the game is actually pretty empty and some mechanics are just downright bad (The police!). For this incredible city you have developed I feel you haven't really taken advantage of all the space. The cinematic experience is incredible though. I'd give it a 7/10 for the version I played.

Good luck on improving the game, I'll check back in a year or two.

First and foremost I want to point out that I appreciate the apology. It was not something they had to do (although it was very much needed) and I'm glad they did.

I think it was the first step in the right direction. With the lawsuit going on and the consumer protection on their back it was 90% clear for me that they would only address the bugs and the underwhelming perfomance of last-gen. At this point I believe they'll think twice about what they promise the gamers in regard of cut content, gameplay improvement, qualitiy of life changes and so on. - Personally I guess that updates on these features will arrive once they're ready. I really would've liked if they made a statement regarding these topics but I understand why they didn't.

They have stated in the apology-video that their plan on supporting CP2077 in the long term hasn't changed. It sounds to me as if they're working (or at least planning) on many things to come.

I try thinking positive and keep my expectations realistic. I loved the game but couldn't help feeling a little bit let down after discovering it was not the product I and many others wanted it to be, besides the obvious bugs.

Best wishes to CDPR!

Last edited:
Yup, I partially agree. The game has some optimization issues to this day (textures pop-in mainly), but it was not broken, last I played it (I admit i played it on PC, never on PS4). However, it manages to implement some core features shared with CP2077 like:
First person: KCD did it way better, you play in first person, with 3rd person motion captured cutscenes AND simple 3rd person dialogue. I understand that CDPR scrapped 3rd person cutscenes (which is moronic, but understandable) however, i don't see any reason to omit the 3rd person conversations. It's actually more immersive to see your customized character from time to time, imo.
Looting system: Again, better in so many ways....you actually loot what the NPC is carrying.
Decent reputation and wanted system: Any wanted system is better than the one in CP2077, maybe they will fix this at the very least...
Interesting perk system: It's bonkers, I laughed my as* off when I saw the perks I could invest in KCD, in a good way.
Sure, in all fairness, no branching paths for KCD...it's a linear, honest story, which after playing both KCD and CP2077 multiple times, I prefer the one in KCD, it's more robust, has better conclusions and morals and doesn't pretend to give you the freedom of choice. IMO...

I could go on about quest design, world interactivity, weather, immersion (you get dirty, you get hungry) etc etc, but i don't want to rant. The thing that REALLY lit my fuse seeing this video was "we will share information about future games WHEN WE ARE READY"...you can literally see the cringe on his face, and the fact that they skirted and ignored the main issue of the game, the cut content and the bare bones gameplay...imo again, that's just me. Some people enjoy the game as is, being contempt just running around and killing random mobs, shutting down their brains, but for me, I couldn't bring myself to finish the game a second time because it felt like a chore and has no replay value.

Good points.

KCD basic systems, while not perfect, show how shallow CP2077's open world systems are. Especially reminding oneself that KCD comes from a much humbler background.

They are very different games (and share a buggy start). But still, playing KCD now really made it clear for me, why CP2077 felt so mediocre beyond its nice quests and characters.

The vision of KCD (which surely isn't for everybody) was always there and is reflected in the final product beyond its imperfections. CP2077's vision itself is not really clear at this point. That is also why marketing, expectations and reality grew apart more and more.

I´m sure some one asked this before but why do you limit your self with the releasing this to ps4 when you know that hardware is never going to run this.
In stead bump it up to ps5 and that gen of consoles i am sure that some chunk of problems will be overcome that way.

there is nothing to apologise the game is great, best one I played in my life even with minor bugs
maybe cdpr can make new missions every year kinda refresh the game so we can continuo playing it for many years

[...]
In this game, game mechanics are broken. The open world is empty. NPCs are very dumb. Lots of cut content. No variability in the main story.

In some details, Cyberpunk 2077 loses even to GTA-clones for smartphones. Cyberpunk 2077 is not an AAA game.

If the game had ideally working game mechanics, a replayable storyline, and many of the mechanics that they promised, then I would not care about these bugs.
I played on PC. I finished the main story. I have completed many side quests.

But I feel empty. I hoped until the very end that the game would surprise me with game mechanics or a plot twist. But the most memorable part of the game is the bugs. They gave me emotions .. but not game mechanics

You focus on technical bugs.
But in terms of game mechanics, the game is crappy

CDPR, your game is being compared on YouTube to Gangstar Vegas. This is a mobile game. And AI works better there than in your game

Do you product to call this product an AAA game?

[...]

First of all, I blame the management.

Top Bottom