Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
I seriously think CDPR are not gonna do a No Mans Sky with Cyberpunk. They're gonna make the game run acceptably and remove the bugs they feel are hindering the experience on all platforms (especially on PS4 and Xbox One). Then they're gonna release the free DLC followed by the next gen versions of the game during which time making minor updates and improvements to the game across all platforms. Paid DLC and multiplayer would come early next year. Then they would concentrate on the release of their future titles. That's what I think anyway. Hope I'm wrong though. :)

That's how I read the update as well. Whether I pay for a DLC will depend on how much the engine has evolved by then, there maybe more interesting titles at that time.

I get all the ambitions and all, but they hardly reflected in the final product - as a famous chef said once "A chef reputation is as good as the latest dish that came out of his kitchen"

I'm happy with the game (on PC), and think you might focus more on next-gen consoles than old-tech. Just my opinion, as I think a lot of people are going to migrate towards PS5 and Xbox Series X in the future.

As for how you develop first for PC, and later implement for consoles, that makes me happy.

Le sigh....

I know everybody is entitled to their opinion, but these kinds of posts really grind my gears.

I'm glad you're happy with the game on PC, but many of us find it pretty bad.

There is tons of obviously cut content....
The bugs are numerous.
The AI is just as bad as last gen consoles.
There is nothing to do outside of mission structure.

I'm glad you're enjoying it but... when I pay 60-80 dollars for a PC game, I like it to be complete.
This feels like a late alpha at best.

I have to wonder how many of these posts are people working for CDPR trying to play it off like Martin did in the 'apology' video. :/
[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update. You - CDPR - still have my trust, but then again you never lost it to begin with.
Personally, I normally wait 6-12 months after a game releases, just for all fixes, updates and DLC to arrive.
I merely pre-ordered the game because I wanted to support you guys, and with that of course comes risk.

We as gamers, or maybe as people, have become so obsessed with things and products that whenever something doesn't go our way we immediately snap and expect others to service us pronto. We also tend to blow up our expectations way past reasonable levels. On the other hand we see that deadlines, release dates, creating hype and investor-prognoses are becoming more important than making beautiful art and meeting quality standards. I hope that this COVID-19 crisis can somehow turn this mindset around, so that we can put quality first, whether that's the game's quality or the quality of life of the people who create it and/or enjoy it. I think that a developer like Nintendo is a prime example of what happens when you put quality first (most of the time).

The message in the video you've posted seems very honest and humble to me and I hope you'll be able to fix the game for all platforms so everyone can enjoy it in the way you've meant it to be played. The next couple of months or even years are going to be tough, but I have faith that you'll deliver in the end. There are plenty of other things to do or play while we wait.

Now if only I could get my hands on one of those fancy new graphics cards... might wait until next generation at this rate.

Stay safe, stay sane and eat your vegetables.

I don't agree with every single point, but I agree with most of them.

But it is quite apparent that most of the people who enjoy this game are the people who only care about the story. Gameplay is something they don't know how to value. They don't know what good gameplay feels like. It's your typical casuals.

If you enjoy the game for what it is, fine. But I hard disagree with anyone who calls this game a "masterpiece". That's my opinion anyway.
Funny thing is, I am a story first gamer but I do enjoy an occasional gaming murder spree - part of the draw to this game, I had hoped. However as a modder and beta tester who notices things like NPC movement and reactivity, model and soundset variations, the AI in this game stands out as basic and poor.

The story is just ok for me, dawg. Not good enough to keep me playing past 10 hours. I may revisit the game much later this year.

It's a bit unfair to dismiss people's complaints with this alone. It's a vast oversimplification of the situation.

People often point at the 2018 gameplay trailer so I'll use it as an example.

In that trailer CDPR said they had vastly improved their crowd engine and managed to create full day/night cycles for all these NPCs. Not that they were working on it. The way it's worded is that it's in the game at the moment of the trailer's release.

Now, personally, I never believed that part to be true. I've said so many times on these boards before. All these NPCs that could be seen on screen (and off screen) having these dynamic day/night cycles would make even the beefiest PC(by today's standards) struggle. The skeptic in me wanted to see it in action before believing it.

But, considering how it was worded, I can't fault people for believing it. Especially if you don't have technical knowledge about this. CDPR lists the AI as a bug and MAYBE, just maaayyyybe, once they fix it, that day/night cycle will be a thing but I highly doubt it. The AI will probably improve how NPCs react to your actions but I don't think it'll go further than that. Which is still miles behind what they said they had managed to do by 2018.

There is a vast difference between telling people "we're working on X" and "we've achieved X". There is an argument to be made that what is in that trailer is all subject to change and that maybe it was cut because they realized how taxing the system was on hardware. That's part of development. Even then, to say they had achieved it and leave it at for two years when they probably knew they couldn't possibly get it to run on most hardware can easily be seen as disingenuous and potentially misleading.

Of course, I'm speculating here - as are we all. I have no knowledge of how this went on inside CDPR but I do hope they'll change how they market games in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your open communication. I see there is a lot of love put in this game. I play on PC and I think it is really good. Of course it needs some polishing but I understand how difficult it is to bring out a complex game when working from home.

Take your time. If you need till the end of summer to make the game you advertised without crunch, then end of summer it is. Got enough content to keep me occupied in night city till then easily.

290 hours in, 64% achievements...I'm enjoying the game. I appreciate the effort, and look forward to continue playing to 100% achievements and am excited for future patches and DLC.

It's sad to see all the hate. Teams of dev's pour their heart and soul into games like these, only to be met by such vitriol at release. Some games release clean, but there's nothing special about them. Some break boundaries, but there's going to be bugs with that. There is no "perfect release" or "perfect game". I'm happy I stuck it out and waited patiently for release!

Have you noticed the video has an insane number of likes, almost 20% of views?

Try to open any random video of youtube the number of likes seldom is beyond 5%

290 hours in, 64% achievements...I'm enjoying the game. I appreciate the effort, and look forward to continue playing to 100% achievements and am excited for future patches and DLC.

It's sad to see all the hate. Teams of dev's pour their heart and soul into games like these, only to be met by such vitriol at release. Some games release clean, but there's nothing special about them. Some break boundaries, but there's going to be bugs with that. There is no "perfect release" or "perfect game". I'm happy I stuck it out and waited patiently for release!

Because this game really broke boundaries...pfff

Have you noticed the video has an insane number of likes, almost 20% of views?

Try to open any random video of youtube the number of likes seldom is beyond 5%

I did not understand exactly what you mean with this, however I liked it, because putting your face on it and taking "your" responsibility is an appreciable and rarely encountered attitude, regardless of how this situation will end

I did not understand exactly what you mean with this, however I liked it, because putting your face on it and taking "your" responsibility is an appreciable and rarely encountered attitude, regardless of how this situation will end

I think he's trying to imply that a lot of those likes are not actual genuine likes. As in they're fake likes from fake accounts. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Let me draw this picture so you may understand how many of the buyer of this game might feel. But I personaly feel so.
One day you watch an advertisement about a new car and you are in love with it on first sight. It is an breathtaking new designed sportscar. But you still hesitate to buy it . But then over time you see advertisement, in which it is shown that this shiny car comes with many included features, like an AC, an onboard navigation, bluetooth radio, automatic transmission and many more. The promoter declares it will be the fastest car ever build up to date.
You run to the next car dealer and preorder a new build car. You wait long for it but each day you are happy, because you dream of drivig with your freaking awsome, new sports car. Then finally after years of waiting, the day of delivery comes. You are happy af, you feel better than ever. Then you open the door and see a new shiny, classy designed, retro look bike, with flat tires.

You would be pissed, right? Even when the manufacturer apologized and promised you to make an even better bike, you would still be pissed right? And to be honest, it is near to impossible to build an Sportscar out of an bike.

Last edited:
I think he's trying to imply that a lot of those likes are not actual genuine likes. As in they're fake likes from fake accounts. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I can't know this :LOL:, but my vote is there for sure :D in any case, I don't think that changing the number of votes would be of any actual utility...

Back to the game...
I hope that the improvements will include general performance even on PC, because it's absurd that a card like an RTX 3070 (performance around 2080ti ...) struggles at about 30 frame or less average with max setting in 4kdlss quality that is an ACTUAL 1440p upscaled with dedicade AI, so it doesnt burden to the shader core like a native 4k...

Last edited:
Top Bottom