Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
I am umming and aaring about this game. I went from not really interested into being curious, and then totally disinterested when I read about the huge bugs. However, the upfront honesty from the CD Projekt lead I feel is a good move. We live in a cynical world where it is easier to be an unbeliever but I feel that his message his heartfelt. However, it is easier to ask for forgiveness than beg for permission.
I'm considering getting it now then, as I am hoping it's a game which will continue to improve throughout 2021.
I'm hoping the game will run on my laptop though if I do take the plunge. Not sure if there are any experts on here who can gauge my specs for me (GeForce RTX 2060, AMD Ryzen 9 4900H, 16GB RAM)
Plus, I can't really just have Sims 4 on my laptop can I...
PS Or should I give The WItcher series a go/
Your rig could handle it but i would wait just a bit for bug fixes,I run a rtx 2070 super and it runs good but bugs galore still plague certain parts of the game.

Late to the party but just my thoughts on the game and commitment to quality going forward:

1. I think you guys absolutely nailed it in terms of creating a 'seemingly' lively city teeming with atmosphere. The lighting, asset details, textures, are all superb disregarding a few visual bugs and streaming issues on older hardware.

2. Be really a bit more vocal about changes and content taken out of game. No doubt there's a team keeping track of the hype CDPR has created and I don't need to be that broken record player at the amount of supposedly cut content. This has happened for all your past projects. We're not asking for a lot just transparency and realistic expectations. Night City Wire could've been that outlet for you, I still find the effort put in the game to be incredible no doubt, but I think they were a bit misleading just rewatch a few of those episodes now and you'll find inaccuracies in those.

3. Story is a bit hit and miss and I'll run quick recap my experience. Did a few things with jackie, the montage didn't really help me connect with him and before I knew it... welp. I think it's definitely fun to see all the dialogue options but for some reason I felt witcher 3 had more nuance but I can't quite put a handle on why choices in Cyberpunk just felt like their were no consequences. It definitely felt like Johnny's story more than it was about V but I can't really fault that I believe it was mentioned in one of the interviews that's how it would play out. All in all there just weren't any gut wrenching moments that really captured me.

4. Now the AI front I'm sure you've all seen a lot of videos about and yeah it's pretty atrocious. All I can say for the future is perhaps look into your competitors for some inspiration. If there's anything I wish it's that after all the fixes to the game, start to look into improving the AI. Perhaps a future DLC can implement more actual NPCs we can interact with throughout the districts.

Overall I don't think it's a bad game (on PC). I think your dedication in trying to provide the next-gen look definitely paid off, it's just a shame that the core mechanics or pillars of the game seem to have been thrown to the back burner. It's generally the small things too such as not being able to loot something because of 'hitboxes', poor handling of vehicles, dumb AI in all aspects like driving AI, combat AI, pedestrian and all the associated behaviours. Animation glitches etc.

Going forward I hope the commitment to quality builds and resolves a lot of these issues and I personally am okay with not having and sort of story DLCs if it means the world that looks so great and so lively actually functions like it looks.

Thank you for the awesome game and for remaining committed to the community!!! Most folks don't understand how difficult software development can be, thank you for being patient with them. Please don't change, you're a hallmark of the industry!

While this is technically true, in the video he made it sound like the only thing wrong with the game was console performance.
I think there's a lot to be proud of after completing the PC version. It's my second playthrough now and I still have a lot of fun with CP. I agree that in some aspects the game really shines and in some not so much, which often leaves a feeling there should be more and it could be so much better in that area, yet I think the game does not deserve what it goes through at the moment. Maybe if they focused on PC only ditching players on remaining platforms (6 or 7 if I recall correctly) the hate train we can see lately would not even leave its first station.
Sadly the ambition to make it available for all of you - the gamers - seems to have taken its toll. Well, If you try to satisfy everyone, there's always the risk you will satisfy noone in the end. Taking RDR2 PC version as another bad shape release example (released over a year after console version) I think it is worth to mention that it was terribly bad on launch and some of the players couldn't even run the game for a month or so, yet I don't recall this level of anger and hate for the game, even though noone said their sorry.
Well, perhaps 2020 left a mark on people and they need to release their frustration somewhere and issues with CP and the unfortunate launch seemed like a perfect occasion to do so..

Last edited:
While this is technically true, in the video he made it sound like the only thing wrong with the game was console performance.
Yup, that he did. Still, PS4 is a dumpster fire right now. Console is understandably the place they really need to focus, and soon.

Honestly, I don't mind bugs and everything else. I know that games get released and improvements do make their way with updates. It happens. I don't know what everyone's issues are. Could it have been better yeah but things do happen as well as with this pandemic going on I can see why some of these games are releasing broken. Unlike other people I do but I don't hold them accountable. There are way worse games that have been released this year that were downright worse than this one was. I own this on pc as well as PS4 and the pc did run a lot better than the PS4 did but think about it they had to take the game that they were working on and split it up between departments within to handle them. I will not bash on CDPR for what has happened as they are also taken into account that they are trying their best day and night to get this patched and working for us. I for one like most had this game preordered for years but I never once expected a miracle work to be done on this. Yeah, they pushed this game back many times but if you think about it if they released it when they wanted to what would it be like then. WORSE than what it is now. I will not look at this game for them and think that I will never get another from them or even demand a refund due to the fact unlike others I have patience and as long as I see that they are doing what they can with the game to make it better then I will support them. I have been gaming since I was a kid in the 80s and I had my issues with some releases back then that was bad and we couldn't even download a patch or updates for the game. instead, we had to mail the games in to get the newly updated copies if there was something wrong.

At least CDPR is willing to do something about it. And to be completely frank, the game nowhere near as bad as a lot of these people are saying. So there is the occasional glitch. So on older consoles and rigs it takes a moment for details to render. Geez, there are other AAA games released by bigger companies that will release absolute garbage, take your eddies for it, charge you more eddies for the rest of the game, and then expect you to thank them for the privilege of shoveling you a bunch of kuso. A lot of these people just have their wires in a wad because they have never had to play it old school, where if a game sucked....it just sucked. That's it, no patches, no fixes, no refunds. CDPR, I think the game is great, and with the fixes it will be freaking preem. I really hope there is a sequel, if so, count on me to be in line for it.

well if an Arasaka corpo and an Aldecaldo can get an intel call pointing them towards expansion area, Alt-allied construct can fry and overwrite a Netwatch agent in the area and Suicide is what happens to Jackie's body left with Vic - you end up a Mikoshi construct that can be loaded into an inefficient employee or smth.
True enough. The problem is we don't know anything about Alt, plus if she lets V go V wouldn't have the same issue of dying.

there are a lot of useless perks - like throwing knives and auto sorting garbage, I hope the entire system of perks will be redone in the patch. The game was postponed until the January patch. Also, with a full pumping of blades and equanimity, the mechanics of bladed weapons breaks, since the damage of the weapon becomes = 0 ...

Really looking forward to the updates, I love the core of this game! Please update the Adam Smasher boss fight to be hard though! Honestly I'd just like more of him in the game too.

This game really should have focused on PC ONLY. I doubt even new gen consoles will be bug free.
Post automatically merged:

Honestly it felt like someone from the Polish Gov was there with him (maybe pointing a gun at him), it just came across as not sincere and more excuses about why console is shit. And by the map provided, seems like your not going to get the "Real Game" until end of summer.
Really though, consoles ARE SH*T. PC IS MASTER !

Sorry to say this, but "honest" communication is something completely different.

Promising and promoting features that never make it into the game. suggesting much more than delivering. calling it "in a good state" while EVERY SINGLE FEATURE of this game is incomplete or not on expected game standards of today. i dont expect this to have a perfect crafting menu, but a favorite / protect button should be in there at least. i dont expect a complex subcrafting function, but at least BULK crafting should have been in there. And WHO in their right mind thought, hey we have this awesome skins for our cars and we dropped a lot of hints that you might be able to get your own clan cars, but we just give you this set of (only a handful well driving cars) ugly crap and so imbalanced, that most of you either use the best cars, or just steal them on the road. same goes for weapons btw. oh we have at least 3 skin types for every gun, but we randomized it so you cant get your fav gun. oh and the same goes for your clothing. "you like that outfit? too bad, we can only give you this super ugly crap that has mod slots to make it viable clothing ". i dont know how you want to fix that... maybe make a tailor where you can merge visual with stats of two clothing items, or give us the ability to upgrade and add mod slots into clothing.

the questline has to be a choice. when i heard some of the devs talking about "how deep and intriguing " it is.. i though, heck yeah.. what we got it the epitome of false promise. the "life" choices have literally no impact except for five mins of playing. you dont talk differently, you dont change your attitude, you only have a handful of life path related options at best. at least in GTA you could decide to either go for the bum shack or the million dollar mansion.

and the whole story arks? it is a fricking line with a single important fork for endings, which still craps over the open world aspect.

and romance, dont let us forget romance. was it really so hard to just make all four chars be romanceable with all types of body choices? isnt this what CP is about? you can be whatever you want without being judged? "oh no, you have the wrong voice module, i wont romance you". lol. what a joke.

customization.. yeah.. the false promise applies to that as well. shallow choices, most choices you have are diversions, since you actually dont really see them at all. well, you dont really see YOURSELF ingame at all. seemingly this is photo mode promotion only. no ingame shops like barbers, nails salons or beauty docs that can change features.

or right. the list wont stop. you said we can do a lot of things in NC... yeah... just look around. no interaction on most food stands, no interaction at gaming crap or most shops. no interaction with NPCs.

oh yeah.. those exists. the atrocious NPCs and the really.. "thought trough" police system.. with magically teleporting police...

i think i finish with the epitome of ignorance: forced keybinds in 2021? REALLY?! in what world do you live? even on atari games you could change buttons! and dont say "oh it was too hard", what? to add the ingame menu visuals, since seemingly we can change the "hard coded" buttons ourself by editing files?

i will leave out the bugs for now, at least the save file bricking was fixed, though there are still a lot of quests that wont vanish and are bugged..

Allow me to summarize an uncomfortable truth:

* They're not planning on rewriting the story
* They were never going to rewrite the story
* They're not rewriting Life Paths
* They're not rewriting Romances
* The story, unlike the gameplay, is probably what they wanted from the beginning.
* Lots of people like the story.

They might fix the NPC, driving, and police AI though.

At least we got an apology, Better something than nothing, still I can understand you're reasoning to vent, I'm too depressed to do so tbh.

They're not rewriting Life Paths

They don't need to be rewritten, they need to be fleshed out. What's there isn't bad there's just not enough of it. Aside from a handful of dialogue options(which pretty much have zero impact on the outcome of anything), they might as well not exist after said intro. It's obvious that A LOT of content was cut from the final game and simply brushing it off as "not gonna happen so stop asking" isn't doing anyone any favors.

Top Bottom