Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
just a word;

I know, this is irrelevant but I want to say Hello to my most wonderful Friend, despite my years in prison she has never abandoned me. She is Polish, I like to say that she is my dear Sister of heart. although Russian and Polish... we are more than friends.
the "Cyberpunk 2077" case, we talked about it; we both agree.
the rest, what my Polish Sister thinks of CDPR is private. me; I don't have an opinion about the CDPR franchise.
I hope; we both hope for the futur of the game CP-2077.

Two women, console gamers PS4 pro.

I get that the last gen consoles versions need to be fixed, but it sounds like, that CDPR thinks that's the only problem and totally ignores that they underdelivered heavily.

Seriously. CP77 is just an average game. Sure, it has outstanding visuals and great voice acting, but thats it. The rest of the game is basic, average at best or just not there. Nothing breathtaking and far far away from something i would call a benchmark for the genre... not for any genre.

Last edited:

ya1

Forum regular
I get that the last gen consoles versions need to be fixed, but it sounds like, that CDPR thinks that's the only problem and totally ignores that they undelivered heavily.

This is pure conjecture but, sadly, that's might not be a choice on their part any longer. They've been group sued by shareholders in the States. Polish consumer rights people are onto them. They said they got a revolutionary game, they obstructed the press from giving reliable pre-reviews, and then they sold a faulty product that doesn't work on consoles. Public got enraged. Shares plummeted. Lawyers are onto them. Seems like they might not have a choice but make that poor-ass PS4 version work.

So I'd not have my hopes up that the cyberpunk potential will ever be realized. Or at least as long as they're busy with the Sysephean task of making a next gen game work on last gen hardware. Shame because the game looks and feels beautiful. Until you actually play it and see how unfinished it is.

My question is this: I’ve heard a lot about the content that was cut from earlier versions of the game (NPC interactions, braindances, wall-running, police interactions, etc.). Whether or not these were cut due to issues in programming or due to creative decision changes during the game’s development, would it be possible for some of these things to be reintegrated back into the game in the foreseeable future with enough support from the player base?

I have supported your company since the WITCHER 1 back in 2007. I must say i am extremely disappointed with how you handled this latest game of yours.

Make no mistake, i have logged 163 hours playing cyberpunk 2077 and had a lot of fun. However, when i look back, i cant help but feel uneasy as to why i did not fully appreciate the game (even though i had fun, it somehow felt bitter). Looking back and watching the trailers and dev diaries leading to release, i finally understand why: The company i supported whole-heartedly from the start.. ended up developing a game that was built on a foundation of deceit, half-truths and insincerity.

I can understand you had to compromise for the benefit of the company during this pandemic, but this benefit came by deceiving the customers. I dont believe for one second you guys did not know about the poor performance on last gen consoles.. because you purposely forbade reviewers from showcasing their own recorded footages in their reviews. Thus, hiding the knowledge of the game's poor performance to the public up until release.

It didnt help that your old gameplay trailers resemble nothing like the final product. The more i look back and watch the gameplay/development trailers, the more i am convinced we played an ALPHA version of the final game. Ironically, the only thing consistently true in all the old gameplay trailers were the words: "Does not represent the final look of the game"..

I play on STEAM-PC and encountered few to no bugs. I was fortunate to play the game at high settings with 80-90 fps. But seeing my other friends who bought it for PS4 (at my recommendation), come back to me and say they were fooled and the game sucks.... sort of made me realize what kind of company i was supporting. I defended your game & company for a time, but the realization slowly sunk in.

I have watched the apology video, and i am sad to say that i feel no sympathy. I really really want to, but i cant feel/think of anything else other than the fact that it was all because of your greed. You all hustled and pulled all the shady tricks you can to make the sale before the deadline. And you did! That's what sucked; your deceptions worked. Unfortunately, now I don't believe a word your company says.. including everything that was said in the apology video.

The release dates, the dlcs, the updates... Im sure they will be delayed (like before). The sad mood shown by Mr. Marcin Iwinski in the video? Probably faked. In fact, I'm convinced the entire apology video was a PR stunt to calm down investors and gamers letting go of the game..

Honestly, I have no intention of refunding the game. I had my fun. But i feel misled and sad that the company i have supported from the beginning has turned into something i dont recognize anymore. I guess success does change a person/company.

I will leave with a positive note; the only thing credible now are your actions. Regardless of what was said in the video, I hope you all realize that none of those words matter until they turn into actions. Maybe you'll change our minds, maybe you wont. Until then, I wont be supporting any products from CDPR until i see the sincerity of this "apology" into action in the months to come (and even then, it might not convince me either way).

So I wish you the best. And good luck.

Last edited:
They don't need to be rewritten, they need to be fleshed out. What's there isn't bad there's just not enough of it. Aside from a handful of dialogue options(which pretty much have zero impact on the outcome of anything), they might as well not exist after said intro. It's obvious that A LOT of content was cut from the final game and simply brushing it off as "not gonna happen so stop asking" isn't doing anyone any favors.

I think the question is cut because I don't think they bothered making it so it was planned but not made and thus not cut.

CDPR, there's no need for anymore apologies thank you. You've messed up yes, we all do and u r not the first gaming studio that has done it. No Man's Sky and Fallout 76 was in the same boat as them and they fixed it and these games r just as popular as ever until this day. You've owned your mistakes, even offered refunds which hardly any of the others did and now ure in the process to fix it, which is the right thing to do. U offer two options, wait it out with future patches or u can get refunded, choice is ours, fantastic. So to those ones still moaning and groaning even after collecting their refunds or r in the process to do so, please shut up, we don't care about your moans and groans, period. If CDPR wasn't prepared to refund u, then u still had an argument that carries weight, but now u don't, end of story. For us 100s of 1000s of gamers who enjoyed the game with little or no glitches or at least game breaking ones, we say thank you for this awesome game. And we wanna request that u don't get disponded cause u have a huge supporters fan base, period. I've finished the main campaign and r not doing Easter egss and remaining side missions and have not raked up almost 150 hours of gameplay, a personal record for me being in gaming over 30yrs now, wow. Keep it coming guys and we cannot wait to see the upcoming dlc and hopefully online too, Awesome.

look at those [...] investors, they ran away at the first bug (LOL). Next time CDPR: make a crowfunding like Star Citizen, to stay free.

Last edited:
Thank you for an awesome game CDPR, NO more need for apologies and assurances, period. [...] I've now raked up almost 150 hours of play after finishing the main campaign. Doing Easter egss and remaining side missions now. Hope to see the upcoming dlc soon and hopefully online as well. U guys had to take a lot, but don't dispair, u have a massive fan base, end of story, we r rooting for you. :)))

Thank you CDPR.

I look forward to what you actually deliver.
Even with all the bugs fixed I find the whole experience (besides some story/writing highs) being underwhelming.

Its like playing a game from 2012 but with better graphics if I had the rig to run it.

I just hope when you mention improvements its not just performance and couple of "clothing" or gimick patches and DLCs.

When you say improvements I sincerely hope you mean the cut contents or obvious missing features or rushed content.

The Lifepaths are so short and that 6 month montage could have been such a great "start from rags to riches Act 1 story" why the rush to get to Johnny? Please consider extending these elements.

And cut features like CP2077 gwent style mini game, brain dances, barbershops, better and more immersive ripperdoc customizing your body like the very first time and of course new apartments, metros, trains, cut quests, replacing the fixer nonstop exposition phone calls in favor of actual quests and car shops so my phone doesnt have 99+ unread texts.
And so on...

I also sincerely hope the paid DLCs are not sending us off to new cities or lands. Nightcity needs more.
Maybe these dlcs are concurrent with the main campaign which can maybe impact the ending?! Lots of possibilities.

And finally for the love of god give us more Meredith and Militech!
I strongly believe and i very much ask them to bring cut content and cut features back!!! :sneaky: ;)

I get that the last gen consoles versions need to be fixed, but it sounds like, that CDPR thinks that's the only problem and totally ignores that they underdelivered heavily.

Seriously. CP77 is just an average game. Sure, it has outstanding visuals and great voice acting, but thats it. The rest of the game is basic, average at best or just not there. Nothing breathtaking and far far away from something i would call a benchmark for the genre... not for any genre.

Well you can't fix the plot. You can only tweak the gameplay.

I have supported your company since the WITCHER 1 back in 2007. I must say i am extremely disappointed with how you handled this latest game of yours.

Make no mistake, i have logged 163 hours playing cyberpunk 2077 and had a lot of fun. However, when i look back, i cant help but feel uneasy as to why i did not fully appreciate the game (even though i had fun, it somehow felt bitter). Looking back and watching the trailers and dev diaries leading to release, i finally understand why: The company i supported whole-heartedly from the start.. ended up developing a game that was built on a foundation of deceit, half-truths and insincerity.

I can understand you had to compromise for the benefit of the company, but this benefit came by deceiving the customers. I dont believe for one second you guys did not know about the poor performance on last gen consoles.. because you purposely forbade reviewers from showcasing their own recorded footages in their reviews. Thus, hiding the knowledge of the game's poor performance to the public up until release.

It doesnt help your old gameplay trailers resemble nothing like the final product. The more i look back and watch the gameplay/development trailers, the more i am convinced we played an ALPHA version of the final game. Ironically, the only thing consistently true in the all the old gameplay trailers were the words: "Does not represent the final look of the game"..

I play on STEAM-PC and encountered few to no bugs. I was fortunate to play the game at high settings with 80-90 fps. But seeing my other friends (who bought it for PS4) at my recommendation, come back to me and say they were fooled and the game sucks.... sort of made me realize what kind of company i was supporting. I defended your game & company for a time, but the realization slowly sunk in.

I have watched the apology video, and i am sad to say that i feel no sympathy. I really really want to, but i cant feel/think of anything else other than the fact that it was all because of your greed. You all hustled and pulled all the shady tricks you can to make the sale before the deadline. And you did! That's what sucked; your deceptions worked. Unfortunately, now I don't believe a word your company says.. including everything that was said in the apology video.

The release dates, the dlcs, the updates... Im sure they will be delayed (like before). The sad mood shown by Mr. Marcin Iwinski in the video? Probably faked. In fact, I'm convinced the entire apology video was a PR stunt to calm down investors and gamers letting go of the game..

Honestly, I have no intention of refunding the game. I had my fun. But i feel misled and sad that the company i have supported from the beginning has turned into something i dont recognize anymore. I guess success does change a person/company.

I will leave with a positive note; the only thing credible now are your actions. Regardless of what was said in the video, I hope you all realize that none of those words matter until they turn into actions. Maybe you'll change our minds, maybe you wont. Until then, I wont be supporting any products from CDPR until i see the sincerity of this "apology" into action in the months to come (and even then, it might not convince me either way).

So I wish you the best. And good luck.
THIS! So much this!

It explains quiet accurate how I feel about CDPR atm. Also played about 160+ hours but I wasn't playing the game I was hoping for. It was like an early access game..

Under-delivery and the performance of last gen consoles, go hand in hand.
The behavior of NPCs, trains, moving objects in general, everything is linked to mechanics and interactivity, and that is exactly what was the problem on old gen consoles. Pretty sure they would be able to deliver more.

CDPR's Director said in an interview that the PC version received good reviews.
it sounds like he thinks only bugs are the problem.
CDPR What you must know is that bugs aren't the only problem.
Bugs are Obviously just one of the problems that need to be addressed.
The real problems are the Degrees of freedom freedom in this game and a lot of contents that you guys have exaggerated to us.
And even if it is not a bug, there are numerous awkward points and awkward motions.
They are not bugs and do not make it impossible for us to play the game. But they must also be corrected.
I can't believe that CDPR, who have already tricked us once, will completely fix many of these problems. but I rooting for you.
Please don't let Cyberpunk be remembered as a flashy game that's been advertised falsely and hype to us.

Yeah. As well as many other people here, hope not only for bug fixes, but for gameplay improvements too.

As it was for Larian`s Divinity Original sin 2. They improved the game in a many aspects starting from release and to Definitive Edition. Hope CDPR will do the same.

Can you guys stop with the apologies already?
Thank you for letting us know about the roadmap. So I'm guessing story DLCs are delayed to 2022? That's a shame.
BTW I see some people are upset about the endings. I honestly don't understand the obsession with "happy" endings. For me, all the endings are fitting to the setting and overall tone of the story and are all very well done. And from my point of view, at least a couple of them are happy endings anyway. There's nothing that needs fixing in that department.

Keep on keeping on. :beer:

I just want to say that after around 30 years of my gaming history this technical mess turned out to be one of my favorite games of all time. ANY other title in that state I would drop after 10 mins as I don't enjoy early access games at all.
But this one is special. I really do hope that It will be fixed soon.

I want to be clear. I watched the video and it worries me to see It really looks that you still don't get it.

The reviews were never good. In any platform. Bugs are eventually fixed, but the main issues with your game are the missing content and the poor design decisions. You can't fix that with a few patches. Core design changes will need a lot of work, time and resources. In all honesty, I don't think you can deliver that at all. It would take years of work and resources that you probably want to use on your Cyberpunk Online spinoff.

I don't want to make this long, so I'll say the most prominent screwups in CP2077 are extremely bad AI, lack of meaningful decisions, missing features that were advertised and the lack of a 3rd person or ways to see more the characters we design (in cutscenes or during cover, for example).

Other minor and strange missing core features are better character customization and a barbershop or a way to redesign or character later on. What's the purpose of selecting how my dick looks like if it will have zero meaning in the game? I won't see my character like, ever until the very end. People don't react to it. There are no braindances, and the sex scenes are totally censored. What's the point? No, seriously: what is the point?

The dick thing is just one thing, but there are many others. in the end I just have the very strong impression that you had an idea that was too big for you to handle and execute. You simply could not deliver what you wanted to deliver, because this game is just too big for you.

And I truly hope you prove me wrong in the coming months. But most probably you won't.

In the meantime, we have huge hits coming such as Elite Dangerous Odyssey, Mass Effect returns remastered, Dragon Age 4 keeps getting closer, Baldur's Gate 3 gets better with each update and Dragon's Dogma 2 will probably get an official reveal this year. Your game was supposed to be better than any of those. But nope.

Last edited:
Can you guys stop with the apologies already?
Thank you for letting us know about the roadmap. So I'm guessing story DLCs are delayed to 2022? That's a shame.
BTW I see some people are upset about the endings. I honestly don't understand the obsession with "happy" endings. For me, all the endings are fitting to the setting and overall tone of the story and are all very well done. And from my point of view, at least a couple of them are happy endings anyway. There's nothing that needs fixing in that department.

Keep on keeping on. :beer:
please join the wonderful endings thread on this forum to understand the reasons why many people think the endings are crap. Not simply because they are not happy, but because they are full of plot holes, railroad V into completely arbitrary situations and added plot cancer at the 11th hour.

please join the wonderful endings thread on this forum to understand the reasons why many people think the endings are crap. Not simply because they are not happy, but because they are full of plot holes, railroad V into completely arbitrary situations and added plot cancer at the 11th hour.

Oh yeah,... not really. The hunderds of pages are mainly that (even argument that happiest endig sells more, escapism etc.).
The rest, I feel, is mainly product of people searching for reason to even more dislike the ending for sake of it.

Top Bottom