Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
Allow me to summarize an uncomfortable truth:

* They're not planning on rewriting the story
* They were never going to rewrite the story
* They're not rewriting Life Paths
* They're not rewriting Romances
* The story, unlike the gameplay, is probably what they wanted from the beginning.
* Lots of people like the story.

They might fix the NPC, driving, and police AI though.
Considering the amount of noise there is in topics like this one, I am not so sure that lot's of people like the story's pacing, ending or even the overall plot.

As for the "Life Paths" - people have been whining not because of the story of the paths themselves, but rather that those have very little involvement (basically they don't matter) in the actual game. Updates can theoretically provide more content which is linked one way or another within the game itself (for example quests available only to certain Life Paths or actual nuances based on the past of your character).

Regardless if you agree with me or not, CDPR received quite a punch in the PR department and their reputation as a developer who crafts deep and compelling stories in a well built environment. If they are looking to repair the damage to some extent, they might have to look around and pick some of the most popular "requests" of the community. If they attempt to continue "business as usual"/"nothing happened", their reputation of "the good game developer" will be gone for good.

I point out that the "Ending" thread has so many posts because lots of people are ARGUING about the ending, whether they're awesome or terrible. It's not actually a thread of universal agreement on the endings being flawed. Which severely undercuts its usefulness as a place to point out the rejection of the ending.

But while I agree the Life Paths are undercooked, I also think I got a huge amount of speech options from my Corpo.

I also think the gritty street storytelling in the game was superior to Witcher 3.

Actually that is one of the worst roadmaps I've ever seen :)) WW3 which is probably dead by now had a good roadmap and they stick to it for some time... Anthem was a bad game but the roadmap was pretty transparent and the stuff from roadmap was being properly described and brought into the game. Pity. I would like to know more about what and when can be expected.

Actually that is one of the worst roadmaps I've ever seen :)) WW3 which is probably dead by now had a good roadmap and they stick to it for some time... Anthem was a bad game but the roadmap was pretty transparent and the stuff from roadmap was being properly described and brought into the game. Pity. I would like to know more about what and when can be expected.

Well it's a roadmap where half the year has to be devoted to fixing the game so it actually fucking works.

Whatever plans they had before are fucked.

I point out that the "Ending" thread has so many posts because lots of people are ARGUING about the ending, whether they're awesome or terrible. It's not actually a thread of universal agreement on the endings being flawed. Which severely undercuts its usefulness as a place to point out the rejection of the ending.
Fair enough.

My point was that considering how many people are passionately arguing about it, one cannot say that universally people like the conclusions or the ending of the story.

I'm surprised by this PUBLIC APOLOGY ... RARE THING!
still it was a bitter taste when we expected much more!
much like i said before:

bought the the game on DEC 10th... for my PC
finished as nomad under 70hrs and loved it! there is so much to do everywhere!!
lots of minor bugs... but nothing that affected my gameplay at all!!
NONE THE LESS the bugs are there... they are there obviously!

playing again as corpo as i did not like how i finished the first time! the ending was bitter for V!
over 100Hours in this game by now!

W3 also had bugs and they fixed them!
and now w3 is probably the most awarded game ever !!

i just expected more from the general NPC's AI... much more!!
i know it could be much much better then that 12 years old AI you putted in there!!

the dimension of this game.. and everything in it..
i do believe NOW it should NEVER have been promised to run on older consoles..
SPECIALLY WITH A PANDEMIC GOING ON!
something of this caliber needs more time to POLISH and better hardware then older consoles for sure!!

i would never buy consoles to play these kind of games!
PC is the way to go!

tons of horrible Console ports out there with extremely poor optimization for PC and no one cares..
1 bad PC port for consoles and the hole world wants to burn CDPR and its NOT FAIR!

anyway with future patches everything will be fine!

There was so much faith in CDPR releasing proper games unlike other companies... so much faith..
this really made a DENT in the trust gamers had in this company!

... onsidering how many people are passionately arguing about it, one cannot say that universally people like the conclusions or the ending of the story.

..so in a conclusion it is also the other way around - one cannot say that universally people hate the story.

Oh I'm sorry, are we still taking CDPR's promises seriously?
CDPR Admitted they did wrong, apologised and made more "promises". If that isn't enough for you, what would be then?
Not here to fight, i'm genuinely trying to understand the point of view of someone who isn't happy.
If you would care to respond, I'd like to see a response that isn't very much personal but more something that would represent the overall disappointment of that unhappy part of the "community" and what would make you feel more comfortable and seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, does it make sense?
As if you were the spokesman for the group of people who lost the trust and feel betrayed.

Considering the amount of noise there is in topics like this one, I am not so sure that lot's of people like the story's pacing, ending or even the overall plot.
As surprising as it might sound, it doesn't really prove anything.
The problem when you try to establish whether or not people liked a story on a large scale is that, those who didn't like it tend to voice their opinion far more than those who did because making a good story is considered "normal".

It's like going to a store and calling the director to complain about the terrible service provided by an employee. How many people are gonna do the same to congrat that same employee when he/she does his/her job particularily well...

Last edited:
hi,
do we get a video why a lot of feature are gone ? like gorilla arm door opening, mantisblade wall running, moniwire system reset ?
or simple ones like repaint car?
thanks

I have supported your company since the WITCHER 1 back in 2007. I must say i am extremely disappointed with how you handled this latest game of yours.

Make no mistake, i have logged 163 hours playing cyberpunk 2077 and had a lot of fun. However, when i look back, i cant help but feel uneasy as to why i did not fully appreciate the game (even though i had fun, it somehow felt bitter). Looking back and watching the trailers and dev diaries leading to release, i finally understand why: The company i supported whole-heartedly from the start.. ended up developing a game that was built on a foundation of deceit, half-truths and insincerity.

I can understand you had to compromise for the benefit of the company, but this benefit came by deceiving the customers. I dont believe for one second you guys did not know about the poor performance on last gen consoles.. because you purposely forbade reviewers from showcasing their own recorded footages in their reviews. Thus, hiding the knowledge of the game's poor performance to the public up until release.

It doesnt help your old gameplay trailers resemble nothing like the final product. The more i look back and watch the gameplay/development trailers, the more i am convinced we played an ALPHA version of the final game. Ironically, the only thing consistently true in the all the old gameplay trailers were the words: "Does not represent the final look of the game"..

I play on STEAM-PC and encountered few to no bugs. I was fortunate to play the game at high settings with 80-90 fps. But seeing my other friends (who bought it for PS4) at my recommendation, come back to me and say they were fooled and the game sucks.... sort of made me realize what kind of company i was supporting. I defended your game & company for a time, but the realization slowly sunk in.

I have watched the apology video, and i am sad to say that i feel no sympathy. I really really want to, but i cant feel/think of anything else other than the fact that it was all because of your greed. You all hustled and pulled all the shady tricks you can to make the sale before the deadline. And you did! That's what sucked; your deceptions worked. Unfortunately, now I don't believe a word your company says.. including everything that was said in the apology video.

The release dates, the dlcs, the updates... Im sure they will be delayed (like before). The sad mood shown by Mr. Marcin Iwinski in the video? Probably faked. In fact, I'm convinced the entire apology video was a PR stunt to calm down investors and gamers letting go of the game..

Honestly, I have no intention of refunding the game. I had my fun. But i feel misled and sad that the company i have supported from the beginning has turned into something i dont recognize anymore. I guess success does change a person/company.

I will leave with a positive note; the only thing credible now are your actions. Regardless of what was said in the video, I hope you all realize that none of those words matter until they turn into actions. Maybe you'll change our minds, maybe you wont. Until then, I wont be supporting any products from CDPR until i see the sincerity of this "apology" into action in the months to come (and even then, it might not convince me either way).

So I wish you the best. And good luck.
Could not have said it better myself..
Cheers.

Last edited:
I have supported your company since the WITCHER 1 back in 2007. I must say i am extremely disappointed with how you handled this latest game of yours.

Make no mistake, i have logged 163 hours playing cyberpunk 2077 and had a lot of fun. However, when i look back, i cant help but feel uneasy as to why i did not fully appreciate the game (even though i had fun, it somehow felt bitter). Looking back and watching the trailers and dev diaries leading to release, i finally understand why: The company i supported whole-heartedly from the start.. ended up developing a game that was built on a foundation of deceit, half-truths and insincerity.

I can understand you had to compromise for the benefit of the company, but this benefit came by deceiving the customers. I dont believe for one second you guys did not know about the poor performance on last gen consoles.. because you purposely forbade reviewers from showcasing their own recorded footages in their reviews. Thus, hiding the knowledge of the game's poor performance to the public up until release.

It doesnt help your old gameplay trailers resemble nothing like the final product. The more i look back and watch the gameplay/development trailers, the more i am convinced we played an ALPHA version of the final game. Ironically, the only thing consistently true in the all the old gameplay trailers were the words: "Does not represent the final look of the game"..

I play on STEAM-PC and encountered few to no bugs. I was fortunate to play the game at high settings with 80-90 fps. But seeing my other friends (who bought it for PS4) at my recommendation, come back to me and say they were fooled and the game sucks.... sort of made me realize what kind of company i was supporting. I defended your game & company for a time, but the realization slowly sunk in.

I have watched the apology video, and i am sad to say that i feel no sympathy. I really really want to, but i cant feel/think of anything else other than the fact that it was all because of your greed. You all hustled and pulled all the shady tricks you can to make the sale before the deadline. And you did! That's what sucked; your deceptions worked. Unfortunately, now I don't believe a word your company says.. including everything that was said in the apology video.

The release dates, the dlcs, the updates... Im sure they will be delayed (like before). The sad mood shown by Mr. Marcin Iwinski in the video? Probably faked. In fact, I'm convinced the entire apology video was a PR stunt to calm down investors and gamers letting go of the game..

Honestly, I have no intention of refunding the game. I had my fun. But i feel misled and sad that the company i have supported from the beginning has turned into something i dont recognize anymore. I guess success does change a person/company.

I will leave with a positive note; the only thing credible now are your actions. Regardless of what was said in the video, I hope you all realize that none of those words matter until they turn into actions. Maybe you'll change our minds, maybe you wont. Until then, I wont be supporting any products from CDPR until i see the sincerity of this "apology" into action in the months to come (and even then, it might not convince me either way).

So I wish you the best. And good luck.
Best summary of everything I've read so far, I really hope CDRP reads your post.

Why didn't the apology address cut content that was still showcased in trailers? Until the game was released, everyone pretty much thought that they were getting the game that was in the trailers, not being dealt a no mans sky 2.0. Lotta cut content, lotta broken promises. Sad to see that you apologise for the quality of a port to console and not the fact that you basically lead fans to believe that they were getting a RPG with an interactive open world. Last minute change to 'action shooter' genre. Honestly, if this game was announced as an action shooter, half the people who pre-ordered or brought the game wouldn't of brought it. I've played a game where I'm left wanting more because of how much hype the initial trailers brought about. Wanted systems a mess, Ai is a mess. Well done for the quests and story but after that what's left? A broken promise of a open world RPG. Drive your car around night city and avoid crime because some police officer will spawn behind you and one shot you 9 times outta 10. Goto a bar and order a drink for the drink to spawn in your inventory where you have to manually go into the inventory screen to drink it and have blur effect for 5 seconds. You showcased destructible environments and there's only one in the prologue. Showcased unique 'hacking' that was cut down to quick hacks, which is a lame system compared to the one in the trailers. You showcased unique take downs, and there is none. Showcased how you can buy trucks and 'heavy duty vehicles', which you cannot buy. Hinted at the idea of multiple houses you can get, and there's only one, not including the worst story ending house you can get (s e c r e t ending which turned out to be one of the worst endings). Full frontal nudity which was cut. A mature story driven game, which it really isn't. NPC's you can interact with, which you can't. AI with a day and night cycle, but there isn't one implemented. There's so much cut content from within the trailers and before anyone says "but it was subject to change and everything showcased wasn't final", that doesn't mean completely removed. Great for the OLD GEN console users who in about a years time will already have next gen, you said sorry for the buggy mess that was OLD GEN, but no address to the real issue, the false promises, cut content and the false advertising. It feels honestly like a good 80% of the game is missing. Like legit, you have strip clubs, with no strippers? Lizzies bar, is just that, another bar. The only thing holding this game to it's "Adult mature story" is the fact you can customise your junk, and for what? so you can see it in an inventory screen? V has a shower in a scene in the game, with their UNDERWEAR on. There was no point to genital customisation at all, because it was cut content. The 48 minute gameplay trailer, was on par with the no mans sky gameplay trailer, all scripted, all lies. It's cool you owned up to old gen being the mess it was, but real low not admitting to the false advertising and lies of the entire release PR stunt that was pulled. I couldn't care less about 'free dlc' that's coming if the main issue of the game lacks content, the world is barren, and there's almost nothing to do at all. GTA IV had more things to do in it's open world, heck san andreas had better AI and more content, and the game didn't even have any side quests to fill the void. "I've played this game for more then 175 hours on the hardest difficulty and still haven't rolled the credits", nice, I played for two days and am literally up to the last mission.

I love this game, but the game makes it hard to love, the game showcased in the trailer, I want that game.

TL;DR

Address the fact that almost everything in the trailers was a lie.
Address the fact that you will be bringing back cut content
Address the fact that you are sorry for the no mans sky 2.0 PR stunt

They don't need to be rewritten, they need to be fleshed out. What's there isn't bad there's just not enough of it. Aside from a handful of dialogue options(which pretty much have zero impact on the outcome of anything), they might as well not exist after said intro. It's obvious that A LOT of content was cut from the final game and simply brushing it off as "not gonna happen so stop asking" isn't doing anyone any favors.
Yeah i agree, I am not asking for rewriting the story I'm just asking to add to them. It was obvious some things were cut. Also they cut stuff from the apartment which weirdly enough that stuff kind of matters to me.

Could someone make it to where V can slide down a gradual slope in the terrain without losing half of his/her health as if the just jumped from a rooftop?
I can slide down embankments all day in real life and be perfectly fine. Do it twice in this game and my character dies. I can get shot by a gun and lose 10 points of health though. Am I the only person to notice this glaring issue?

Top Bottom