Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
My only two cents are this...
- take your time, don't rush
- get it right and test thoroughly

Thank you for your words of apology any also for all the games, CP77, W1,2,3

Good news and thank you very much.
May I suggest, you consider removing glare from the game? Many cars cannot be used in first person because of excessive glare glitch (Little Mule the worst). Even with those that don't have the problem, glare when coming out of an underpass or bridge is excessive and not natural. I'm no expert but I think that attempts to fix it will still fall short. Glare doesn't add anything to the game but it does subtract. And I imagine, removing glare will improve performance? Maybe if you don't want to get rid of it entirely, make it so it can be toggled on and off in graphics menu.

Seeing this was enough to get me to log back in.

So, mostly just bug fixes ... .

Please just release a Dev kit of some sort, and give modders access to the core ai scripts. In six months we'll have most of the stuff that people are complaining about being missing or broken. Give them the ability to add assets, and we'll also have flying cars plus who knows what else.

This is great news. I have no doubt CDPR will continually support and improve the game for people who are playing on old consoles or old PCs.

I am absolutely amazed with this game and have over 60hrs and barely touched the main story. Keep up the hard work. Even though the negativity is the loudest, there are those of us who see how much work has gone into this game and just how ambitious it is.

I got around 140hrs in this game, on medium spec PC, so ... here are few things I'd like to say:

1) - Bugs! I have seen very few of them .... most made me laugh out loud, none of them broke the quest or something "serious". Some T posing citizens, some cars sank in asphalt, one bush in middle of the road in Badlands, so yeah, nothing tragical. And yeah, I did not got the bug with randomly airborne vehicles, made me sad. So whoever gives you hardtimes about bugs, [...] ... but, keep fixing them, ok?

2) - The game is actually ... boring. Like, seriously, you got a char, that is walking corpse, cure is none, so you nuke bad corporation - in several ways. Great, fine, awesome, thumbs up, back pats, handshake, fireworks. But then WHAT? Nothing. There is huge city to explore, stores everywhere, gangs everywhere and nothing is actually alive. No "random encounters". What the hell?

3) - This game desperately needs:
3a - gang affiliation program - because screw the bois of Auntie Poulet and let's take over Pacifica, right?
3b - player owned businesses - wh*re houses, opium dens, bd shacks, extortion, organ harvesting, car thefts, weapons smuggling ... something economically viable in 2077, you get the idea, right?
3c - custom cars & car sales - Dakota owns perfect garage, you made such awesome looking cars, why not use it to the limit, right?
3d - player owned property - like, why not, right?
3e - secondary character that is not already dead by next Monday, right?

4) Character "customization" - look, guys, it is all fine that we can spend literally hour trying to recreate a cute face, that we can choose from three length & tip options and then 3 sizes of bust ... but, no butt? All the same height? All the same fitness? What if I want to create chonk that can outrun olympic sprinter on steroids? Or hill of muscles that will make Sasquatch run scared? Bad luck I guess. Also, regarding to chest options .... that is VERY NICE OF YOU to give us plank, standard or proper .... but the clothes look the same no matter which you choose, eh.

CohhCarnage did a reaction video recently in light of the apology video. He really sums it up well. I am surprised that he didn't suck up to CD Projekt Red considering that he was featured in their game. Mad respect to him for that.

Please listen to his feedback CD Projekt Red. It's exactly how a lot of people feel about this game.
Don't just patch things up and call it a day. We want the game that was shown to us in the trailer/demo about a year ago.

Last edited:

Dear gamers,

We are committed to fixing bugs and crashes and will continue to work and improve the game via future updates to make sure you are enjoying the game regardless of the platform.

We will use this space to inform you about the progress being made on Cyberpunk 2077’s further development, including information about updates and improvements, free DLCs, and more.

Below, you’ll find CD PROJEKT’s co-founder’s personal explanation of what the days leading up to the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 looked like, sharing the studio’s perspective on what happened with the game on old-generation consoles.

Thank you

CD PROJEKT RED

This video was created in English so only the English version fully reflects our message. Subtitles in other languages were added solely for your convenience.

FAQ

Q: Why is there such a gap between PC versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and old-gen consoles?

A
: Cyberpunk 2077 is huge in scope, it features a multitude of custom objects, interacting systems and mechanics. In the game, everything is not stretched out over flat terrain where we can make things less taxing hardware-wise, but condensed in one big city and in a relatively loading-free environment. We made it even more difficult for ourselves by first wanting to make the game look epic on PCs and then adjusting it to consoles — especially old-gens. That was our core assumption. And things did not look super difficult at first, while we knew the hardware gap, ultimately, time has proven that we've underestimated the task.

Q: What was the main issue that made development for consoles that difficult?

A
: The main culprit was having to constantly improve our in-game streaming system for old-gen consoles. Streaming is responsible for “feeding” the engine with what you see on screen, as well as the game mechanics. Since the city is so packed and the disk bandwidth of old-gen consoles is what it is, this is something that constantly challenged us.

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A:
We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the crashes you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Q: Why was there a gap between PC and console reviews?

A:
We started sending out PC review keys to start the review process in the first week of December. Come December 10th, launch day, we had a really good start with PC reviews, and while it’s not perfect, this is a version of the game we were, and still are, very proud of. When it comes to the review process for consoles, at the same time PC codes were sent out we were still working hard to improve the quality of the game on old-gen consoles. Every extra day that we worked on the day zero update brought visible improvement — that’s why we started sending console codes for reviews on the 8th December, which was later than we had planned.

Q: What have you done since launch to make the game better?

A:
Our top priority since launch has been to fix bugs in Cyberpunk 2077. We have already released three hotfixes which have improved the game, but these are just the beginning.

Q: What are you going to do going forward to fix Cyberpunk 2077?

A:
We are focused on fixing the bugs and crashes players are experiencing across every platform. You can expect more in the way of patches — both small and large — to be released regularly. The first update will drop in the next 10 days, and it will be followed by a larger, more significant update, in the weeks after. Our plans for supporting Cyberpunk 2077 in the long-term are unchanged, and we will continue to introduce updates and patches to give all players across all consoles and PCs a better experience with the game.

Q: You have said there would be free DLC for the game in ‘early 2021’, will this be impacted by improvements?

A:
We’re still planning on releasing free DLC for the game, just like with The Witcher 3. However, we have decided that our priority is working on the most important fixes and updates. We will be releasing free DLC afterwards — we’ll have more to say about that in the coming months.

Q: When can we expect the next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077?

A:
For those who are playing the game on next-gen consoles via backwards compatibility, we are planning the free, next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series consoles, and PlayStation 5, this year. We’re aiming for the second half of the year and we’ll reveal more when we have more to share.

Q: Are you making the team crunch to work on the patches?

A:
The team is working to bring relevant fixes to the game without any obligatory overtime. Avoiding crunch on all of our future projects is one of our top priorities.

Q: When is the game coming back to PlayStation Store?

A:
We are working on fixes and updates, and are working with Sony to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

Q: What is the status of the Help Me Refund initiative?

A:
The initiative is progressing according to plan and we just sent out the first wave of reimbursements.

AWESOME! NO comment, great job and continue the project, is the first game after a long time i rly fking enjoy!

I have been a gamer for many years and had my fair share of "failed promises" vs release.

Honestly, I don't care, You folks have put in a lot of effort and I am really enjoying the game, I thank you greatly for that.

I have 200+ hours and multiple play-throughs and still enjoying the game, the world, and what CDPR has created... so far.

I still fully support you and look forward to the coming months to see what is still to come.

Always a Fan

Under-delivery and the performance of last gen consoles, go hand in hand.
The behavior of NPCs, trains, moving objects in general, everything is linked to mechanics and interactivity, and that is exactly what was the problem on old gen consoles. Pretty sure they would be able to deliver more.

Not really. The PC version was developed first, than they startet to adjust it for the last-gen consoles and than they ran into the said problems on the consoles. Basically a PC to last-gen consoles port and i doubt they downgraded the PC version during that. Wouldn't make sense.
Post automatically merged:

Well you can't fix the plot. You can only tweak the gameplay.

That's why i didn't mention the story nor the ends here. That's a totally different beast.

The only thing holding this game to it's "Adult mature story" is the fact you can customise your junk, and for what? so you can see it in an inventory screen? V has a shower in a scene in the game, with their UNDERWEAR on. There was no point to genital customisation at all, because it was cut

Right? I was so confused! Why the hell am i sitting under the shower in pants?

I wouldn't say it's "mature", it makes the whole feature rather childish. It's like "Haha, look!" in the character creation but then it has no impact at all. Ah, not even impact, just consistency would be good. Like showering without your underwear.

And it's an example of how so many things in the game feel. That there was maybe some good idea in the beginning, but that's it.

Why everybody think about 'Cyberpunk' like trash? It was immediately clear that you should not expect much from this project.
Everybody talk about bad graphics on PS and Xbox. [...} Why U can't wait comments like here,and then think that they buy these games or not.

I honestly don't understand the obsession with "happy" endings.
Keep on keeping on. :beer:

yes the ending is pretty fitting, but maybe CDPR will give them something like the new ending for NGE
Post automatically merged:

Please listen to his feedback CD Projekt Red. It's exactly how a lot of people feel about this game.
Don't just patch things up and call it a day. We want the game that was shown to us in the trailer/demo about a year ago.

Dont keep your hopes up you will never get this game

Last edited:
You have created a wonderful game! I have been playing on PC and it's been a great gaming experience so far. There are some bugs, but as an old PC gamer, I have seen such stuff before and they don't upset me much. So, take your time, work it out and continue delivering great games.

I got around 140hrs in this game, on medium spec PC, so ... here are few things I'd like to say:

1) - Bugs! I have seen very few of them .... most made me laugh out loud, none of them broke the quest or something "serious". Some T posing citizens, some cars sank in asphalt, one bush in middle of the road in Badlands, so yeah, nothing tragical. And yeah, I did not got the bug with randomly airborne vehicles, made me sad. So whoever gives you hardtimes about bugs, [...] ... but, keep fixing them, ok?

2) - The game is actually ... boring. Like, seriously, you got a char, that is walking corpse, cure is none, so you nuke bad corporation - in several ways. Great, fine, awesome, thumbs up, back pats, handshake, fireworks. But then WHAT? Nothing. There is huge city to explore, stores everywhere, gangs everywhere and nothing is actually alive. No "random encounters". What the hell?

3) - This game desperately needs:
3a - gang affiliation program - because screw the bois of Auntie Poulet and let's take over Pacifica, right?
3b - player owned businesses - wh*re houses, opium dens, bd shacks, extortion, organ harvesting, car thefts, weapons smuggling ... something economically viable in 2077, you get the idea, right?
3c - custom cars & car sales - Dakota owns perfect garage, you made such awesome looking cars, why not use it to the limit, right?
3d - player owned property - like, why not, right?
3e - secondary character that is not already dead by next Monday, right?

4) Character "customization" - look, guys, it is all fine that we can spend literally hour trying to recreate a cute face, that we can choose from three length & tip options and then 3 sizes of bust ... but, no butt? All the same height? All the same fitness? What if I want to create chonk that can outrun olympic sprinter on steroids? Or hill of muscles that will make Sasquatch run scared? Bad luck I guess. Also, regarding to chest options .... that is VERY NICE OF YOU to give us plank, standard or proper .... but the clothes look the same no matter which you choose, eh.
All correct, but why costomization in an 1st view single player game? They should add endgame content, the bugfixes and AI fixes should be mandatory anyway. But, at leatst in my opinion the better costomization and caracter creator should be low priority or left for the multiplayer.

BTW I see some people are upset about the endings. I honestly don't understand the obsession with "happy" endings. For me, all the endings are fitting to the setting and overall tone of the story and are all very well done.

I don't think it's an obsession, just "no matter what you do, you eventually die" is kinda bland and generic.

But most imporantly, I don't really see it as fitting if we're talking about RPG (and CP was supposed do be one..)
That's the thing about roleplaying- you can have multiple outcomes. Both sad and happy. You play hard enough, finish enough quests, make the right choices, then you have the option to end up good and satisfied. And still, you don't have to use that option.

And uh, personally, if I'm not really keen on romancing Panam or Judy it's even more.. meh...

I mean, you're not reading a book, you're playing a game in which your choice is supposed to matter.
And c'mon... "Bittersweet at most" endings only are fitting for games like Life is Strange. But an RPG filled with action in which most of the time I talk to a ghost-construct?
And when the main point of the plot is to find a way out of your situation? To end it with "well, you really can't" seems just so... cheap and unoriginal.

I've been playing Cyberpunk now for maybe a week or so which doesn't sound like much time yes but when I play a game I put all my time In to It, I spent 9-10 hours a day playing this game that being said I play on Xbox One S (so a last gen console) and I havent had any issues with this game the only time I ever had a problem was when i saw a NPC's car in the ground but I decided to shoot near it and it made the car fix it self by driving away. So my point is your doing really great keep up the great work I've always loved your games don't listen to the haters it's a great game 💯

BTW I see some people are upset about the endings. I honestly don't understand the obsession with "happy" endings. For me, all the endings are fitting to the setting and overall tone of the story and are all very well done. And from my point of view, at least a couple of them are happy endings anyway. There's nothing that needs fixing in that department.

Keep on keeping on. :beer:

This is the best piece I've ever read on the subject.

Here's the moneyshot:
SteveErikson said:
Authors will subvert that, and many do, and we are left (usually) with unease, with dissatisfaction: we are also left wondering, what was the author’s point here? That we’re all fucked: that life is shit; that the bad guys win; that we exist in a nihilistic nightmare? At which point, isn’t it fair to ask: ”why did you bother telling me that? I mean, what’s the fucking point, asshole?“ And you know what, you’d have a point (I often ask that after a particularly miserable film—Surveillance comes to mind).

So, I do hold to John Gardiner’s views on this: there is a moral imperative in fiction (perhaps in all art), and more to the point, an author/artist should be prepared to defend their position (as it was presented in their public creation, be it book, film or whatever), and if in the end they can only articulate abject nihilism, well, don’t expect me to just smile and nod, or even hang out in their company.

I am experiencing an issue that when I pick up legendary weapons they scale down to a lesser rarity. Not sure if it's because I'm only at level 23 but I picked up other legendary items and they did not scale

Top Bottom