Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
in a cyberpunk settings the bad guy (corpo) are all time winner, its normal

In all fictional dystopias, especially cyberpunk, the power structure is aligned against you at every level.

I would argue this even further necessitates creating a story to experience in such worlds/environments that ends up in a different place than, 'Too bad, it's all the same and your fucked. Maybe you can save one person if you kill yourself to do it, maybe not. Don't expect anything different if you come back to experience this world again.'

I'd just like to say how much I am enjoying the game. I have every confidence CD Projekt Red will fix the bugs, and thank you to all the developers for your hard work.

This may not be the case, but what worries me, is that they sound like ALL they need to fix, are the bugs...
Majorly implied by saying they're proud with the PC release.

NAH FAM, yall got so much features & content that was cut from the game... and it's basic stuff YOUR previous game had too. And then all the stuff your community cries for to be in the game...

No barbers, no plastic surgeons, no (actual) police system, shitty driving AND combat AI, underwhelming prosthetics, which leads to underwhelming melee combat... the list goes on.

I was (I guess) one of the lucky ones which experienced very few bugs. And with that said, other than the visuals, and MAIN story.. ALL other aspects leave A LOT to be desired. Not just by my expectations, but by expectations you've set with your promises and marketing of the game.

in a cyberpunk settings the bad guy (corpo) are all time winner, its normal

I've read tons of Cyberpunk novels and stories, including all the classics and yes, the corporations ultimately stay in power, but if that was all there was to it, if our guys never scored a point, never managed to stop a particularly nasty piece of corp work, no one would bother reading that stuff.
Gibson, Sterling, WIlliams and newer writers like Richard K. Morgan, they all know you've got to give the readers something, not many people enjoy living with characters for several hundred pages a book and sometimes a whole sequence of books, just to see them fail miserably and die or give up.

And that's just talking novels, in RPGs people usually expect diverse and meaningful endings, not just one ending with three colours, that's why Mass Effect 3 and that Deus Ex game pissed so many gamers off with their endings.
Some want to go for the tragic, some go for something bittersweet, some of us want to get the best most positive ending possible, in an RPG it shouldn't be hard to give everyone an ending he or she can live with and be content.

I've read tons of Cyberpunk novels and stories, including all the classics and yes, the corporations ultimately stay in power, but if that was all there was to it, if our guys never scored a point, never managed to stop a particularly nasty piece of corp work, no one would bother reading that stuff.

in th secret ending pratically V destroy arasaka, so at least he win, and no one see Him/her die in the secret ending

Thing is: I've bought this game as soon as the pre-orders were available on Steam, and I was promised an open-world like no other, highly interactive, with many impactful choices, deep influence from my character's background, real romances as well as more casual ones, and well, that's not by far what I see. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the game on PC, glitches aside (for me there weren't that many, and only one, for retrieving Sandra Dorsett's papers, have so far prevented me from completing an objective), but what I see is a lifeless city, while my character doesn't have any sandbox options besides go on killing people. I can't go bowling, dancing, or drinking with my friends, everyone has ONE option of romance for each gender and sexual orientation (my character doesn't have anything to do with Panam, but there I went, since I've decided to play as a straight corpo male), and romances are basically: do the quests, don't freak out the NPC with your answers, and boom, you two have sex, and it's over. You'll never do anything romantic again, you won't go out for a date or for sex. Nothing. And finally, seriously: apart from one or other dialogue choice here and there, and by here and there I mean it, my character background doesn't do anything. I don't want it to define who I am, and I believe you also didn't want that, but I want it to help me in more meaningful ways, and more frequently.

Those were my critiques of the game. Apart from that, the world is beautiful, the characters that count as characters are deep and interesting (except for the fixers, who could perhaps get a bit more dialogue to show themselves), and you really have the opportunity to make the open-world of the generation right in front of you. I still have the utmost confidence in CD Projekt Red, but I really hope the issues I've mentioned are corrected as well, although "I hope" wouldn't be a good choice of words, since I'm actually quite hopeless regarding that, since it would include much more than just patching. It would require interactive environments, cutscenes, dialogues (complementation of old ones and writing and recording of new ones), and so it goes. Really, I just wanted River Ward was my cousin Roman, and we could go out for some bowling or darts. Those were simpler times, indeed.

One more thing: you're certainly aware that the cops in this game are a sad joke. I won't mention crowds and police AI, doesn't have to.

To finish on a better note: this can still be the thing you've promised. I won't give up on you guys just yet, as I'm sure many more won't. You've got a brute diamond on your hands, now it's time to polish it.

cant even begin to describe how much i love this game
i hope cdpr keeps creating awsome single player experiences like this

If thats true? why no fixes in over three weeks?
Come on lets get some BUGs, GLITHES, fixed along with promised content with held?
And get rid of your investors? Really you make all this money and you still need investors? Well now I can see that as you f-up-d trying to do everything at once?

I still can NOT understand why you even tried to put this game on consoles that over 5-10yrs old and realistically do not have the hardware to handle it?

This reminds me of the infamous saying: Before you lies to others a liar always lies to themselves first? Stop lying to yourselves? Because now we all know you lied to us about alot.
STOP LYING TO YOURSELF????

Aaah? did you forget about SONY and repairing that mess?

Last edited:
I'm playing on the PC, 100+ hours played and didn't have any game breaking bugs that couldn't be resolved by loading a previous save and there were only a few that needed reloading, most are just visual bugs that can be annoying sometimes but nothing major.
Love the game but as many have pointed out it feels unfinished and I realize that you can't fix most of it but hopefully you can at least get rid of most of the bugs and polish the game a bit more, can't wait for the DLC.
I am disappointed that you lied about the last gen consul version, that was stupid, should have told the truth and let people decide if they're willing to play like that and I'm sure plenty would have but instead you cheated and lied, oh well I guess it's what's expected from a big company like you but I was hoping that you're different :(

This may not be the case, but what worries me, is that they sound like ALL they need to fix, are the bugs...
Majorly implied by saying they're proud with the PC release.

NAH FAM, yall got so much features & content that was cut from the game... and it's basic stuff YOUR previous game had too. And then all the stuff your community cries for to be in the game...

No barbers, no plastic surgeons, no (actual) police system, shitty driving AND combat AI, underwhelming prosthetics, which leads to underwhelming melee combat... the list goes on.

I was (I guess) one of the lucky ones which experienced very few bugs. And with that said, other than the visuals, and MAIN story.. ALL other aspects leave A LOT to be desired. Not just by my expectations, but by expectations you've set with your promises and marketing of the game.

True that. I was hyped AF and have both Xbox one X and PC versions. PC is much better than One X (which was, and mostly still is, garbage - at least when you can compare to pc so easily)

PC version though, proud of a fuckton of minor and medium bugs that pull you out of the immersion? Suddenly subtitles turn polish in Samurai band storyline (wut?) and all those graphical bugs...completely useless AI. Police useless.It is essentially a game with huge potential but ends up feeling like a discount GTA. Don't even get me started on the melee and the godawful "beat on the brat" line, hooooleeee shoiit nobody even tested that before they released the game I can tell you that.

I really hope they fix it... having paid twice the price as I'm using two platforms (yes my own fault, never preorder, etc etc) I'm feeling a little gutted. I have over 146 hrs in it though. But feel no need or eagerness to start it again to doany other playthrough. Hell I didn't even bother to try the other endings even though it essentially makes it so easy for you to just replay the ending to get different outcomes.

I mostly had fun with it though. But that "apology" or whatever video? Comes off as so insincere. Of course you knew what the game was like and you took a calculated risk. Don't lie to us in an attempt to garner sympathy. Jesus fucking hell, how dumb do you think people are?

Keep up the good work, its a good game it just needs a bit of work to make it great.

"it just needs a bit of work" 😂👌 you mean it just needs a insane amount of work with completely creation of immersive "AI" for the world & a full rework for the dynamic system for police & also a full rework for dynamic gang system and must add lots of lots minigames.. with tons of mature content as they advertised & claimed. they have too work really hard too bring their claim into reality yknow --> : "the most believable city in ANY openworld game to date" i believe CDPR can do this.. but its surely not "a bit of work" and also they said they are proud of the PC version.. they should have never said that, if they are proud of this PC version when they said "coming when its ready" and this PC version does not show a single of their ambitions at all... none of what they claimed is in the PC version.. it just looks better & is somewhat better optimized..
the game looks somewhat nex gen. but the story is not next gen the world is not next gen.. the AI is non existent..
so it would had been better not to use the word "proud" even for the PC version. CDPR was capable of bringing a finished game but they decided not too & focused on the profit & the profit they have..

i truly believe CDPR will achieve large part of their ambition after a good 6 month of working hard on the game.. & modding should be a large part of the game and CDPR should try too support the modding support more then witcher 3.. as witcher 3 redengine3 was extremely limited.. hopefully redengine4 is not like that..

What i see is that CDPR feels the PC version is practically done , so everyone expecting fixes to the History they are not going to happend the quests and design are are seeing in the game are final

about A.I. im still on the fence and may trust CDPR on their asumption that the broken I.A. is becuase of bugs

- Witcher 4 is gonna start as a bugfest. Oh well, just keep polishing it till it's great.

- Cyberpunk 2078 comes out in a massively bugged state. Oh well, just keep polishing it till it's great.

- Witchpunk 3000 comes out and crashes every minute. Oh well, just keep polishing it till it's great.

Do you see where this is going? keep softballing these companies and they will continue doing this with their games, cause they know they will get away with it.

I hear you and I agree, false marketing was a very underhanded move. But it's not the end of the world. New Vegas is a bugfest to this day and still loved. Kingmaker started out borderline unplayable and the absolute classic example, No Man's Sky became good after the devs worked on it.

CDPR says about 1 year is needed and I am inclined to believe that but that won't keep me from best wishes to them and enjoying what I have so far.

Seems like people are angry no matter how CDPR acts :D Keeping silence - not good, apologizes - even worse...

Rockstar's communication policy is the best so far - they just play dead and ignore everything and everyone

Seems like people are angry no matter how CDPR acts :D Keeping silence - not good, apologizes - even worse...

Rockstar's communication policy is the best so far - they just play dead and ignore everything and everyone
Yes, but there is a reason behind that, they fulfill the expectations. I remember when I got GTA V, I had zero problem in the release, I was really hyped and happy with the results.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have much problem with Cyberpunk too but nobody can deny what happened on last gen consoles.

But I'm still happy with they finally talk to us.

To everyone here suffering with PLSD (Post Launch Stress Disorder), I might have a small solution to help you cope with that

Every single time Johnny says “Arasaka”, change it to “CDPR” in your mind.

Trust me... it helps... a lot

Thanks for the update. I appreciate you guys laying your cards on the table. The only thing I have to say is with these new updates and DLC's...take your time!! Test it, get it right. I think most of us would be willing to wait for a great finished product rather than more of the bug ridden stuff that you guys launched with. I know you guys have the talent. I'm just hoping your allowed to exercise it to it's fullest without interference from "on high".

I want to make a forum post on just how this is the "Our (non)commitment to quality" post over the weekend. They completely ignore most of the gripes and they offer no concrete promises regarding the stuff that was advertised but never made it into the game.

I do know of a lot of the broken promises and false advertising that were made, but I do need as much evidence as possible. Please contact me at lukas.schwartz@gmail.com

Top Bottom