Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
Thanks for the update. I appreciate you guys laying your cards on the table. The only thing I have to say is with these new updates and DLC's...take your time!! Test it, get it right. I think most of us would be willing to wait for a great finished product rather than more of the bug ridden stuff that you guys launched with. I know you guys have the talent. I'm just hoping your allowed to exercise it to it's fullest without interference from "on high".

Yeah CDPR, take your time. You already took our money so who cares.

When I'm not encountering any bugs or lag issues (on PC) the game is fantastic. In fact, I can overlook some of the AI issues, but when my PC slows to a crawl it's just downright frustrating. From what I have read, the issues with this game are not exclusive to the previous console generations. For instance, and this may or may not be a known bug, but if I rotate V in the inventory pane graphic rendering slows down considerably. Havin said that, I do believe that once the bugs have been dealt with this game will be a true masterpiece.

I don't think it's an obsession, just "no matter what you do, you eventually die" is kinda bland and generic.

But most imporantly, I don't really see it as fitting if we're talking about RPG (and CP was supposed do be one..)
That's the thing about roleplaying- you can have multiple outcomes. Both sad and happy. You play hard enough, finish enough quests, make the right choices, then you have the option to end up good and satisfied. And still, you don't have to use that option.

And uh, personally, if I'm not really keen on romancing Panam or Judy it's even more.. meh...

I mean, you're not reading a book, you're playing a game in which your choice is supposed to matter.
And c'mon... "Bittersweet at most" endings only are fitting for games like Life is Strange. But an RPG filled with action in which most of the time I talk to a ghost-construct?
And when the main point of the plot is to find a way out of your situation? To end it with "well, you really can't" seems just so... cheap and unoriginal.

Would it be fitting for Sex Pistols to write a song like "Strawberry Fields Forever"? Context matters here and the context is not RPG genre. It's Cyberpunk and theme song is "God Save The Queen". "No Future". It's written all over Night City. In this world, you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. The sooner you come to terms with this, the better.

So in this context, a "lived happily ever after" kind of ending would've been bland, generic, cheap and unoriginal. And I'm glad that CDPR didn't take that route here. So, what's the point? L'art pour l'art.

And it's only fitting that the only ending in which you get to "live" is the one where you have to sell your soul to a corporation. It's the price that you have to pay if you're so worried about a "happy ending".

thanks for the explanation. All this outrage must be painful for all at CD Projekt Red - there is a lot of support as well

As a pc user, I am already enjoying it a lot, with few issues .. getting more free content is a rare bonus, so thanks for that too

I think everybody that purchased the game and didn't ask for a refund, should get Witcher 3 free, in order to have something to play until Cyberpunk 2077 is completely fixed and finished.

Q: Are you making the team crunch to work on the patches?

A:
The team is working to bring relevant fixes to the game without any obligatory overtime. Avoiding crunch on all of our future projects is one of our top priorities.

Why should we believe you? You said this before and totally went against your word, so why should anyone believe you this time?

Thanks for this CDPR! Now I know that I should request a refund instead of holding my breath. I like that there are no dates so it will be easier to delay to next year! Hopefully in 2023 there will be a game.

You know when they said the fandom was an entitled bunch of whiny sh*tlords when Mass Effect 3's ending dropped and everyone lost their collective minds? I didn't agree then, because that ending cinematic with the RGB option was kinda trash...

But I believe it now.

CP2077"s story moved me to tears several times. The gameplay is fantastic and I keep finding new stuff to discover in Night City. Thank you CDPR for this absolutely fantastic experience, and I'm stoked to see where it goes next with a little bit more love and polishing.

Stay safe and healthy. Those who took the time to appreciate this experience will still be here to support you when the next patch drops.

Honestly, I find the people blindly defending anything CDPR does or says way more infuriating than the company.
Of course a company does damage control and if/when lawsuits are coming they have to be extremely careful with what they say, but these fanboys? What's their excuse for ignoring everything that went wrong, the dishonesty, the missing content, the apologies that seem like attempts to play it safe and make excuses, instead of owning up to this mess?

I mean, didn't most of us become fans of CDPR BECAUSE they branded themselves as a company for gamers, for customers, where how you treat your playerbase is just as important as the money you make and with this release they clearly failed this and basically went against everything their company supposedly stood for.

And if you excuse that, if you keep patting their backs and telling them how great they and their game are, you are part of the problem that has led to all AAA-publishers acting in this vein, releasing unfinished, buggy messes and fixing them after release, if they even bother.
That isn't loyalty, that isn't being positive, it's basically sticking your head in the sand and ignoring reality.

The people complaining aren't acting whiny or entitled, they just don't like to be lied to and being fed false promises and hype for years. What a crooked view of the world you need to have to not see that?

Man, I'm just gonna stick to the LowSodium subreddit, y'all are toxic AF. I don't know why I even bothered to pop back into this trash heap.

I scraped my epilogue. No One wants to read my crap. Instead i ask. Where is the game i preordered back then? Answer for this question wants critical majority without "tinfoil" on their head.

After rewatching all the videos present on Cyberpunk youtube channel and paying close attention to how and when the game have changed it seems to me that game was fully ready with all bells and whistles (regarding gameplay features) as it was intended initially in late 2019 (specifically Deep Dive video indicates that ... everything looks ready to rock). So what happened? My theory (more like speculation rather) is that at that time frame somebody up top decided that game needs DX12U features urgently (like GI, Raytracing etc.) so they needed to modify engine heavily or even needed to start making new version of it and port all the content at the same time (and for some reason they decided that game needs new UI too). And they failed to realize everything back as it was before deadline. So they had to drop a lot of stuff and release what they've done. So what happening now is they are still trying to bring dropped stuff back (finish the unfinished). And they'll call it free DLC at the end ... again, this is just my speculation and i don't know the real story. But that would be only logical explanation of what actually happened, why game is so unpolished and lacks a lot of gameplay features (I'm not buying any of those statements about QA that didn't see the state of the game). Also all footage released after Deep Dive video (approximately 6 month gap) already has new UI and different renderer (you can see it with naked eye) which indirectly confirms my theory. I'm not hating CDPR, I'm loving the game for what it is but if something like that was taking place at some point they could just say, people would understand. Or they could say it now instead of blaming QA or questionable management. They could just tell people "We decided to develop new better super next-gen engine and port our game to it so CP2077 got delayed until 2022". Or they could release that 2019 version and then just swap it with "next-gen" one when it's ready with huge announce and fanfares. Idk

Last edited:
welp, looks like CDPR are slowly descending into Bethesda territory , promise > take money > not deliver > promise to deliver a year later > never deliver but everyone already moved on and forgot about it.

You forgot the last step which is getting bought by Microsoft.;)

Why you apologize? You make a excellent game. Yeah, some bugs are here, but for me is nothing gamebreaking. Your games are made with heart, Witcher 3 is now absolutelly classic. I look forward to DLC´s which will come for CP. Keep it good work. (y)

Top Bottom