Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
I have supported your company since the WITCHER 1 back in 2007. I must say i am extremely disappointed with how you handled this latest game of yours.

Make no mistake, i have logged 163 hours playing cyberpunk 2077 and had a lot of fun. However, when i look back, i cant help but feel uneasy as to why i did not fully appreciate the game (even though i had fun, it somehow felt bitter). Looking back and watching the trailers and dev diaries leading to release, i finally understand why: The company i supported whole-heartedly from the start.. ended up developing a game that was built on a foundation of deceit, half-truths and insincerity.

I can understand you had to compromise for the benefit of the company during this pandemic, but this benefit came by deceiving the customers. I dont believe for one second you guys did not know about the poor performance on last gen consoles.. because you purposely forbade reviewers from showcasing their own recorded footages in their reviews. Thus, hiding the knowledge of the game's poor performance to the public up until release.

It didnt help that your old gameplay trailers resemble nothing like the final product. The more i look back and watch the gameplay/development trailers, the more i am convinced we played an ALPHA version of the final game. Ironically, the only thing consistently true in all the old gameplay trailers were the words: "Does not represent the final look of the game"..

I play on STEAM-PC and encountered few to no bugs. I was fortunate to play the game at high settings with 80-90 fps. But seeing my other friends who bought it for PS4 (at my recommendation), come back to me and say they were fooled and the game sucks.... sort of made me realize what kind of company i was supporting. I defended your game & company for a time, but the realization slowly sunk in.

I have watched the apology video, and i am sad to say that i feel no sympathy. I really really want to, but i cant feel/think of anything else other than the fact that it was all because of your greed. You all hustled and pulled all the shady tricks you can to make the sale before the deadline. And you did! That's what sucked; your deceptions worked. Unfortunately, now I don't believe a word your company says.. including everything that was said in the apology video.

The release dates, the dlcs, the updates... Im sure they will be delayed (like before). The sad mood shown by Mr. Marcin Iwinski in the video? Probably faked. In fact, I'm convinced the entire apology video was a PR stunt to calm down investors and gamers letting go of the game..

Honestly, I have no intention of refunding the game. I had my fun. But i feel misled and sad that the company i have supported from the beginning has turned into something i dont recognize anymore. I guess success does change a person/company.

I will leave with a positive note; the only thing credible now are your actions. Regardless of what was said in the video, I hope you all realize that none of those words matter until they turn into actions. Maybe you'll change our minds, maybe you wont. Until then, I wont be supporting any products from CDPR until i see the sincerity of this "apology" into action in the months to come (and even then, it might not convince me either way).

So I wish you the best. And good luck.

and I think this well thought out post has persuaded me not to buy it, unless they completely turn it around.

It seems that they only listen to the criticisms of IGN with 10/10 where they praise the video of 2018 xD Highlighting everything we do not have in the current state (cut content).
Not cut content: 2018 video states 30 seconds in: that everything is subject to change.

I wonder how many more times this inconvenient truth will have to be repeated.

I got almost 300 hours in this game, Got my monies worth and bough ton's of merch. Like around 1k, Even though i do have some disappointment in the handling of the game and cut backs on content. I can tell it was a pain in the ass of a game to make. I want to understand so badly, CDPR you're the last hope i have in gaming Development and publishing. Be forward and blunt! us fans would back you up. Beating around the bush pisses people off, you have come so far from what you started as a super small indie dev pub.

Dear gamers,

We are committed to fixing bugs and crashes and will continue to work and improve the game via future updates to make sure you are enjoying the game regardless of the platform.

We will use this space to inform you about the progress being made on Cyberpunk 2077’s further development, including information about updates and improvements, free DLCs, and more.

Below, you’ll find CD PROJEKT’s co-founder’s personal explanation of what the days leading up to the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 looked like, sharing the studio’s perspective on what happened with the game on old-generation consoles.

Thank you

CD PROJEKT RED

This video was created in English so only the English version fully reflects our message. Subtitles in other languages were added solely for your convenience.

FAQ

Q: Why is there such a gap between PC versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and old-gen consoles?

A
: Cyberpunk 2077 is huge in scope, it features a multitude of custom objects, interacting systems and mechanics. In the game, everything is not stretched out over flat terrain where we can make things less taxing hardware-wise, but condensed in one big city and in a relatively loading-free environment. We made it even more difficult for ourselves by first wanting to make the game look epic on PCs and then adjusting it to consoles — especially old-gens. That was our core assumption. And things did not look super difficult at first, while we knew the hardware gap, ultimately, time has proven that we've underestimated the task.

Q: What was the main issue that made development for consoles that difficult?

A
: The main culprit was having to constantly improve our in-game streaming system for old-gen consoles. Streaming is responsible for “feeding” the engine with what you see on screen, as well as the game mechanics. Since the city is so packed and the disk bandwidth of old-gen consoles is what it is, this is something that constantly challenged us.

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A:
We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the crashes you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Q: Why was there a gap between PC and console reviews?

A:
We started sending out PC review keys to start the review process in the first week of December. Come December 10th, launch day, we had a really good start with PC reviews, and while it’s not perfect, this is a version of the game we were, and still are, very proud of. When it comes to the review process for consoles, at the same time PC codes were sent out we were still working hard to improve the quality of the game on old-gen consoles. Every extra day that we worked on the day zero update brought visible improvement — that’s why we started sending console codes for reviews on the 8th December, which was later than we had planned.

Q: What have you done since launch to make the game better?

A:
Our top priority since launch has been to fix bugs in Cyberpunk 2077. We have already released three hotfixes which have improved the game, but these are just the beginning.

Q: What are you going to do going forward to fix Cyberpunk 2077?

A:
We are focused on fixing the bugs and crashes players are experiencing across every platform. You can expect more in the way of patches — both small and large — to be released regularly. The first update will drop in the next 10 days, and it will be followed by a larger, more significant update, in the weeks after. Our plans for supporting Cyberpunk 2077 in the long-term are unchanged, and we will continue to introduce updates and patches to give all players across all consoles and PCs a better experience with the game.

Q: You have said there would be free DLC for the game in ‘early 2021’, will this be impacted by improvements?

A:
We’re still planning on releasing free DLC for the game, just like with The Witcher 3. However, we have decided that our priority is working on the most important fixes and updates. We will be releasing free DLC afterwards — we’ll have more to say about that in the coming months.

Q: When can we expect the next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077?

A:
For those who are playing the game on next-gen consoles via backwards compatibility, we are planning the free, next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series consoles, and PlayStation 5, this year. We’re aiming for the second half of the year and we’ll reveal more when we have more to share.

Q: Are you making the team crunch to work on the patches?

A:
The team is working to bring relevant fixes to the game without any obligatory overtime. Avoiding crunch on all of our future projects is one of our top priorities.

Q: When is the game coming back to PlayStation Store?

A:
We are working on fixes and updates, and are working with Sony to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

Q: What is the status of the Help Me Refund initiative?

A:
The initiative is progressing according to plan and we just sent out the first wave of reimbursements.
I ain't gonna refund. You ain't as bad as Bethesda. Just don't do it again...

After the Bloomberg report...

My hopes that Cyberpunk 2077 one day would reach the level of Witcher 3 are basically extinguished

>>CDPR,
Make history, be the first big developer to make a huge Comeback. (You are way better than Hello Games)

Finish developing the Single Player with all elements it was intended. Regain your status of player-focused company

Charge us a Season Pass, I don’t care. Just don’t abandon the Single Player campaign to focus on your Live-Service Multiplayer <<

Well... that’s it
I am done following or posting anything here

In all honesty, I believe a person with terminal brain cancer has more chance to have his prayers answered by God than CDPR answer our prayers

Good luck to you all
My hopes for good Single Player RPG are now on Microsoft/Bethesda
(OMG... 😑 this is the rock bottom of a Single Player gamer )

also I notice people talk about the bad police mechanics. You know cops just spawn right behind you and when you drive off the police basically act like you were never there?

Well I think that the cops appearing right behind you is buggy, but I think there are story reasons why cops just forget about you once you drive off.

I mean Night City is a dangerous place and NCPD is badly underfunded, and guys going psycho and killing random people in NC probably happens so often that if the cop happens to be there, they'll deal with it, but once you're gone they really do not have the resource to care. Unless you're so bad that MAXTRAX gets called, in that case they just flatline you without a thought.

So I don't think it's a bug, but it's intended.

also I notice people talk about the bad police mechanics. You know cops just spawn right behind you and when you drive off the police basically act like you were never there?

Well I think that the cops appearing right behind you is buggy, but I think there are story reasons why cops just forget about you once you drive off.

I mean Night City is a dangerous place and NCPD is badly underfunded, and guys going psycho and killing random people in NC probably happens so often that if the cop happens to be there, they'll deal with it, but once you're gone they really do not have the resource to care. Unless you're so bad that MAXTRAX gets called, in that case they just flatline you without a thought.

First of all...sooo cuteee... Ahh dont be that naive. Second, the cops spawn like that because they cant drive past 20 mhr...there is one cop car moving and they chase you but you have to drive reeeeeeaaaally slooow just to shoot at you. The driving AI is soo bad that they cant change lanes and when you race with Claire they racers respawn just to get close to you... This game AI is a joke. Ofcourse the cops are made that way cause thats the only thing they can do...nothing else. Braindead npcs, cars cant switch lanes to avoid ur car so they made a huge traffic jam...
Just don't....

First of all...sooo cuteee... Ahh dont be that naive. Second, the cops spawn like that because they cant drive past 20 mhr...there is one cop car moving and they chase you but you have to drive reeeeeeaaaally slooow just to shoot at you. The driving AI is soo bad that they cant change lanes and when you race with Claire they racers respawn just to get close to you... This game AI is a joke. Ofcourse the cops are made that way cause thats the only thing they can do...nothing else. Braindead npcs, cars cant switch lanes to avoid ur car so they made a huge traffic jam...
Just don't....

Sure.. but if you're an NCPD officer and you see people get their brain blown out all the time with zero consequences (one side quest deal with this), what's the point? At this point cops just deal with what they can deal with because I guarantee you when cops chase you at 20mph, they'll see another psycho blowing people's brain out and they gotta deal with that too.

More realistic is if you killed enough people within a certain amount of time in an area (or killed enough cops) MAXTRAX would be called which is hard as hell to kill and will kill you every single time, and if you drive off they'll just shoot missiles at you.

But then people will complain how cops are overpowered and all that.

It's not intended nor it's a bug. It's unfinished and unrealized. The very late revisioning of this project caused the half-assed systems to be shoehorned in and not fully realized. I mean, CP2077 only had 500+ people work on it's very 1st installment and got overhauled halfway through. As opposed to RdD2's 2000+ staff that worked on a sequel of an already fully realized IP. That's asking for a miracle or inhumane hours of work considering CP2077's map and systems in place are in a far larger scope than RDR2's.

You can tie almost anything down to the lore and game direction focus just for it to make sense. I do that often for this game(or any game)as well and it works for me for the most part, bugs and cut content aside. But this very particular aspect feels half-assed and shoehorned more than anything as if not enough time and resources was spent on it. Whoever coded it in is probably frustrated with how it turned out as well and definitely deserved much more time with it.

Last edited:
I love the game. I love the potential. I think you made some big mistakes and handled them very poorly, but I feel confident that you will deliver.

I'm behind you guys 100 percent. As with any relationship, there has to be forgiveness. That said, please learn from this and never try to obfuscate customers when stuff doesn't work as planned.

Thank you for the apology and the explanation. I admire your commitment to your developers and vision.

Now get on with it and make this thing shine.

This will never be the game that we all expected. I cant brag about it with everyone I know for being a great cdpr fan. It just cant happen. It had to be the best of them all.

Not cut content: 2018 video states 30 seconds in: that everything is subject to change.

I wonder how many more times this inconvenient truth will have to be repeated.
The " work in project, subject to change " means what they are showing is worse than the final product, which will be a much improved and upgraded version of said demo.

They did the other way around, final game is a downgrade in every single aspect when compared to what the demo shows and the narrator afirms confidently will be available in the final game.

Costumers are more than right to always expect improved final products and not a worse product than what was clearly advertised.
Post automatically merged:

After the Bloomberg report...

My hopes that Cyberpunk 2077 one day would reach the level of Witcher 3 are basically extinguished

>>CDPR,
Make history, be the first big developer to make a huge Comeback. (You are way better than Hello Games)

Finish developing the Single Player with all elements it was intended. Regain your status of player-focused company

Charge us a Season Pass, I don’t care. Just don’t abandon the Single Player campaign to focus on your Live-Service Multiplayer <<

Well... that’s it
I am done following or posting anything here

In all honesty, I believe a person with terminal brain cancer has more chance to have his prayers answered by God than CDPR answer our prayers

Good luck to you all
My hopes for good Single Player RPG are now on Microsoft/Bethesda
(OMG... 😑 this is the rock bottom of a Single Player gamer )
I feel for you bro : (

Top Bottom