Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
Playing on PS5, I have been unable to play more than 90 minutes without a crash. I have had literally 100's of crashes (been playing alot, love the game). There were 3 times that my console completely froze, needed to be manually turned off and the PS5 console went into disk repair mode. I get that PS5 will get its own edition at some point, but honestly performance right now is absolutely atrocious on PS5 and it's a shame because the game is so darn good when it works!

The real sad part, aside lies and everything we already know, is people defending this hot mess. You'd think consumers would be upset being treated like this but nope.

That is a subjective opinion. I cant believe how some people are overreactive and negative. and clinging in to all the "features " that were shown before December 10 realize when everything up till then was subject to change .

As a PC player i do not feel I have been treated poorly

so with that in mind ( excluding console performance)

My opnion is:
- there are no "missing features
-There was no shady marketing
-there was no broken promises

Its still a 6.5 game for me it has flaws in the romances ending and overall main story length but other that that there is no issues.

Its run flawlessly on my pc , its beautiful I personally have not have any game breaking or otherwise disruptive bugs others have reported and I feel I have got my $60 worth.

Actually the overall PC game Metacritic rating is higher than my own rating.

Cyberpunk 2077 Image

Metascore
Generally favorable reviews based on 88 Critic Reviews What's this?
User Score
Mixed or average reviews based on 27483 Ratings

So for all the reasons above I have to disagree with you that its a " hot mess" it seems 27483 of our fellow members of the Cyberpunk community agree as well.

There is a huge problem that needs addressed when using joytoys, that being your penis does not show on female V in first person even if you added it in character creation, its extremely immersion breaking to see boxers or a vagina when looking down. Why even include this option if it is not functional in the part of the game that it should be functional in?

The game has so many problems that I don't see a promising horizon. I believe that they should dedicate their efforts to create a tool that allows the community to generate their own mods and stories to enrich the game experience, a very good example is Skyrim.

CD Projekt Red,

While I'm new to this forum, I trust that this will reach developers eyes.

Your reputation for following through is impeccable. We all look forward to the great many feats you will accomplish developing the patches and DLC for Cyberpunk. We've seen it with all of your past games. We have MUCH to look forward to.

Thank you all for your dedication to this Projekt of yours.

That is a subjective opinion. I cant believe how some people are overreactive and negative. and clinging in to all the "features " that were shown before December 10 realize when everything up till then was subject to change .

My opnion is:

Its still a 6.5 game for me it has flaws in the romances ending and overall main story length but other that that there is no issues.

Its run flawlessly on my pc , its beautiful I personally have not have any game breaking or otherwise disruptive bugs others have reported and I feel I have got my $60 worth.

Cyberpunk 2077 Image

Metascore
User Score

So for all the reasons above I have to disagree with you that its a " hot mess" it seems 27483 of our fellow members of the Cyberpunk community agree as well.
That is a subjective opinion. I cant believe how some people are overreactive and positive. and clinging in to all the past games that were great that were made before 2016 realize when everything up till then was subject to change. (one company can turn bad EA style at any point in time).

As a PC player i do feel I have been treated poorly.

so with that in mind ( excluding high end pc performance)

My opnion is:
- there are "missing features
-There were shady marketing(syst req Its a lie)
-there were broken promises("Worry not. When thinking CP2077, think nothing less than TW3 — huge single player, open world, story-driven RPG. No hidden catch, you get what you pay for — no bullshit, just honest gaming like with Wild Hunt. We leave greed to others. "CDPR)

It run horribly unplayable on my pc, personally have had many immersion breaking bugs others reported and I feel I have not got my $60 worth.

Last edited:
that's good to hear and all that. but a part of me feels i am still not convinced. you need A LOT of work to do in order to "fix" this. i mean bugs and glitches are just the beginning. there's cut content and also plot holes and inconsitencies with the world as well as the poorly written endings that need fixing too.

What this user said. This is just the beginning on a long road to properly deliver the game that was promised. I am hopeful, however, provided that devs are truly given the resources they need to put in the systems and mechanics that ended up missing at launch and perhaps even improve upon them. If the game ever gets to that point, that would be amazing in itself.

I do blame the poor management decisions on why the game ended up launching too soon. They should have waited longer. Equally, I do believe that investors might have pressured the company into doing a holiday release in hopes of bigger profits. Shame on them too. Greed is not good if it compromises the earlier made promises. Even a child should understand that much.

Last edited:
Thanks for the affirmation of your commitment as a company to support your product. Personally, I am enjoying the story and immersion immensely. I actually teared up today during one of the character interactions, so well written. One thing I enjoy the most is simply driving around and looking out the car window.

What we call "games" today are ridiculously complicated, and it's inevitable that if we as players ever want to see them they're going to need to be released along with the inevitable wrinkles and hitches that noone saw coming. At least it didn't ship with a virus pressed onto the CD, or faulty copy-protection text printed into the boxed manual like in the good old days. God-bless the internet and hotfixes. Geez, when I was a kid....

Nothing ground breaking? Have you played the game? This is THE most detailed, believable city in a game. Sure, you can't watch NPCs go about their lives (which seems to be a big complaint [...]). But who actually cares? You want to watch thousands of random unimportant NPCs walk to work? Take a dump? I don't get it. That will never happen in a single player game. The world is so immensely detailed there is NOTHING out there that is even comparable.

Yet most of the doors are locked, all the stalls are not for you unless a quest drags you there. Can't sit anywhere, can't lean, can't even bloody sleep in your own bloody bed. The Act 1 loading screen doesn't match the apartment details. There are huge swaths of basic blocks masquerading as buildings - some without collision, some with fucked up UV's, some with basic texturing. Arasaka Waterfront, Petrochem's area, Biotechnica's, the bloody city jail, All Foods section and I can continue ad nauseum. Sure, you get to find one or two doors that open after circling, jumping, double jumping your way around such an area. Sometimes it's a maxdoc v.1, sometimes basic crafting components, sometimes just an ashtray. The fact that it's big means fuck-all in the end - aside from the performance drop, ofc. Big and sterile or small and bustling with life and fun activities, what would you choose? Ever single activity you can have is... dumped there. Buy a car! Buy 45900 more cars! Get involved in NCPD hustles taking place everywhere at the same time, ONCE. And then... enjoy an even more deserted city. And don't get me started on the AI of all the city's inhabitants (be they friendly, foes or neutral, on foot or on wheels...

I've spent well over 200 hours exploring the city on foot. Looking for interesting places. What I found out was that some locations are one-time use only, like Konpeki, which you can't access before the story, even if it's a bloody hotel, not a datafort, or like the scenes of completed side-quests that get swarmed by NCPD and... you know how its AI functions...

The city is gargantuan, yes. And the framerate plunge in the area you start in is a good indication of that. But it's bloody depressing to keep seeing "[Locked]" everywhere and only trash for you to pick up, regardless if you're level 1 or level 50.

An upgraded Dues Ex? Dude, side quests in CP are the size of whole levels in the Deus Ex series. You also truly have a choice how to approach situations. Deus Ex always had limited options and conveniently placed ducts to make you feel like there was an open approach. But once you realize how limited the levels in those games are in comparison you'll realize how truly huge and ambitious CP is as a game.

I remember a time when, after Act 1, you'd have branching story, taking you through entire different areas, different cast of characters and ending on completely different tones. And you could still make meaningful choices along both paths, save Saskia, save your love interest? Behead a king or not... That kind of stuff.

Then, we have CP2077, with some of the quests showing what the devs have envisioned, but then getting all the follow-ups that hint at how they ran out of time to transform that vision into the actual product. Scripted car chases that end the same way regardless of you being active in them or out for a beer. Dialogue choices that change absolutely nothing (best example is when you have 5 seconds to decide if to punch Thompson or not and... you know what happens). The way you choose to handle The Pickup can have serious implications too! You might end up with a sex scene designed for a female V and a dildo souvenir... because that's all there it to Militech (even if the shards paint a much grimmer picture). The Heist looks like it had multiple paths but no longer does.

You truly have a choice on how to approach stuff? Like... Whether to kill Cpl. Hare out-front, or talk your way through and hear him kill himself later (while you're actively helping your fixer find a cure for the very condition he's suffering from)? Yeah, the quest locations do allow for different tactics (although, why even bother if the outcome's the same?). I mean, does it really matter if I side with Meredith in The Pickup or wreck her plan? Does it matter if I stumble upon the intel on Gilchrist or not? Not to mention what happens if I take my time and achieve 20 body to open the door...

The point is, we oughta look at what the game is as a whole, not individual pieces. And, as a whole, your choices mean next to nothing, your lifepath even less, your approach to the challenges is rendered meaningless by both the enemies' AI and the consequences of your actions there (let's look at how you could've joined MaxTac after the Jinguji incident, but you can't, how working for/with NCPD still has them see you as a hostile even when all their hustles have been resolved). CP2077 took the approach of an Asian MMO to quests for the most part. A lot of "!" all over the map with barely a handful of the side tasks not showing up on the map - and that probably because all the side quests of purchasing cars have cluttered it too much already).

What they wanted for this game is miles away from what was delivered. Painfully obvious when you observe how, no matter the route you take, you're being tossed back on the same rail that has the gull to even loop on itself. And, to pour salt on the wound, the scripted sequences that don't change based on your input can't be skipped forward. 30+ minutes of nothing, from exiting the elevator till you wake up under the (somehow) running shower. 20+ minutes of preparing to take down an AV in which your active input is clicking 3 times and shooting 3 drones. Wow! Followed, of course, by another 10+ minutes of faulty drone scanning of a scene that doesn't change (albeit, it kinda shows that it might've been supposed to, based on the dialogue). Looking for Alt is another activity on rails - with a painful amount of pointless dialogue options, some of them timed.

And the endings... the meaningful choices you make... The impossible task of doing what was already done to you once to save yourself. The necessity to flatline one character or another for the emotional punch, even if the game doesn't really give you enough time with them to care... Oh yeah. Very deep stuff. You know, in CP, I wanted to care about anyone I had the opportunity to interact with more than once. In ME on the other hand, you get to do it organically. If you choose not to care in ME2, you will see the consequence of that too. Here? Regardless of what you do, of what you say, your acquaintances are gonna spew their dialogues and exit stage the moment they're no longer needed or just become a random npc with only one dialogue line. Where's the depth in that?

What are you playing on that the bugs make it impossible to enjoy? I am on a 3 year old PC with a 1070 and I can almost max the game out at 2k (no RTX obviously) and it runs smooth. One crash to desktop in close to 70 hrs. I just exited a vehicle during a race and the game went to a black screen. Aside from that, it has been perfect.

How many times you can't pick up the loot, how many times is the environment killing you out of the bloom, what about glitching enemies, access cards that block your door while the message reads "Access granted", etc. There's literally no aspect of the game that didn't fall under the guillotine due to time constraints and it shows. Crashes are rare for me too (had 2 so far in 400+ hours), but the game-breaking bugs are there. The situation of some people who had the bad luck of having Mower seep through the floor, making it impossible to complete a game-wide quest chain, comes to mind.

And you know what the biggest problem is? The fact that CDPR's leadership doesn't see any of the above as problems. Based on their public statement, the PC version is of, at least, stellar quality 9/10 and 10/10! Because I-fuckin'-GN said so... They're right there with the other heavy-hitters of the gaming industry. Their attitude reminds me of Todd "It Just Works" Howard and their approach to game production is painfully similar to Bioware's Magic shitfuckery...

My opnion is:

Cyberpunk 2077 Image

Metascore
User Score

IGN 11/10

Old Gen Console - That is a shame CDPR it's really a shame. How come a game that has been set for XboxOneX and PS4 Pro is now more playable to nexgen. I understand money is important but ideally this game should be for PS4 Pro and XboxOneX. Cyber Punk don't even come close to graphic compare to RDR2 which run best your so called old console.

You have earned a repo that is comes with a loss of trust from the biggest fans. Really a Shame.

such basic graphic almost a GTA and running below 30 FPS on XboxOneX are you kidding us.

Get your game to work APEX on XBOXONEX and PS4 PRO that's IMO is the best interest of everyone. Why would i buy a series X and PS5 which are first of their gens and waste my money.

My apologies but I would stand gladly among millions to SUE your company if I have to. Shame that is has come to this.

Can not imagine this game come from people who gave us a the World of Witcher that I am playing for the second time.

Last edited:
IGN 11/10

That video is painful to watch, yes. But it presents only the problems that can be addressed, that have easy-ish solutions and that CDPR's leadership is hellbent on defining as the only issues with the game. Missing content, chopped mechanics, almost linear gameplay and the lack of relevance of pretty much any choices you make - from character creation to whom you decide to help and how you decide to tackle problems - ending with underused iconic figures, expendable characters and an open world that is pretty much [Locked] and damn hard to interact with it in any meaningful way - reflected in how little effect your actions have, in the brute-force approach chosen to even present the tasks...

Nah, if the missing or misplaced assets, the glitches, bugs and flawed pathing (huh, AI as a whole!) would be the only hiccups of the game, I'd consider it a masterpiece and defending it tooth-and-nail. Alas, all of these - constantly shown by every youtuber and their cats - are a spec of dust on the ragged clothes of a walking dead. You can shake it off, you can replace the clothing completely with the latest fashion from Jinguji, but they'd still be worn by a broken shell... And because there's so much to work on for the last gen console versions to be properly playable, I doubt they'll have the manpower to revive that walking dead...

That video is painful to watch, yes. But it presents only the problems that can be addressed, that have easy-ish solutions and that CDPR's leadership is hellbent on defining as the only issues with the game. Missing content, chopped mechanics, almost linear gameplay and the lack of relevance of pretty much any choices you make - from character creation to whom you decide to help and how you decide to tackle problems - ending with underused iconic figures, expendable characters and an open world that is pretty much [Locked] and damn hard to interact with it in any meaningful way - reflected in how little effect your actions have, in the brute-force approach chosen to even present the tasks...

Nah, if the missing or misplaced assets, the glitches, bugs and flawed pathing (huh, AI as a whole!) would be the only hiccups of the game, I'd consider it a masterpiece and defending it tooth-and-nail. Alas, all of these - constantly shown by every youtuber and their cats - are a spec of dust on the ragged clothes of a walking dead. You can shake it off, you can replace the clothing completely with the latest fashion from Jinguji, but they'd still be worn by a broken shell... And because there's so much to work on for the last gen console versions to be properly playable, I doubt they'll have the manpower to revive that walking dead...

I totally agree with that. And that video shows that part too. It's not a 41 minutes compilation of bugs and glitches. It's ALSO that. But mainly it aim to exposes all the lies that have been told to us consumer up to the games launch.

The world of the game is phenomenal, the scale and detail are unprecedented.
The graphics, mechanics and possibilities are the widest.
The game is so cool that it is difficult to compare with anything.
The fact that there will be patches and updates is great!
But the fact that the haters forced the studio to apologize is just disgusting!

Top Bottom