Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
There are things shown, along with warnings repeated over and over again.

Never said anything about reviewers.

That's not the point, because I really do not remember any warning that everything seen in the Anthem video could be changed in the future.

I blame CDPR for many mistakes they commited and their dishonest practices with the review process, consoles etc. But it is clear that they made every effort with that demo to prevent players to expect that game. Apparently this was a harsh lesson for them, since their warnings were deliberately ignored and they face a backlash for that demo 2,5 years later.
I didn't read any "don't expect this feature be actually in the final product" warning. Can you please point me to it?

I mentioned reviewers to strenghten my point about CDPR intentionally misleading players with promo materials since they didn't allow anyone to showcase anything without their approval.

They literally didn't do any effort to prevent backlash. In fact they are the worst offenders when it comes to building hype around the game. Slapping a work in progress text above the vid is literally the minimal effort.
All their other promos, Q&As were full of promises that simply didn't become true too.
And I still hold my stance. Expecting what is showcased in demos shouldn't be "too high of an optimistic expectation." It shouldn't be a norm. I don't buy games from companies who are known for these practices by principle. And I won't let CDPR slip either since they tricked me into believing that they are trustworthy.

Everyday the game crashes, every day there are new bugs. I'm thirty six hours in, barely done much of the mainstory I think. Been taking my time. But fudge! CDPR really screwed over those of us on the ps4 and xbox one. I finally get why its no longer on the PSN Store. I can't defend this shit any longer. I can't even play 5 minutes without massive frame dips, especially during firefights. My god the bugs. Funny the first couple of hours in then once you get into the swing of things and you are enjoying the whole vibe and aesthetic and the sound. its pretty. Then shit just breaks. All kinds of random glitches. Pulls me right out of the zone. I havent had a play session longer than two to three hours. Cyberpunk is the only game to ever crash on my ps4. I'm going to put the game down till 1.1. Like I did with 1.06, I will start from scratch when 1.1 is out for the ps4. If the game is still a mess after 1.1, I will sit it out until I can get the next gen upgrade and all of the DLC and expansion content that could be on the way, bundled together in somekind of ultimate edition, a couple of years from now. I will wait until the entire package is worth R200, equivalent to, as of today the 18th of January 2021 @ 11:25pm South African time, $13.15c . I will purchase it on the deepest sale I can find just before Cyberpunk 2078 is about to be released. And until the end of time CDPR shall join the ranks of Activision and Ubisoft as yet another blockbuster developer whose games I enjoy but won't get to smell a dime from me till they are literally throwing the product away. Cyberpunk 2077 was my first and last pre-order. The honeymoon phase is over. I'll be honest. I'm butthurt. This is unfair. I really feel violated. TF CDPR?

42:02

Ironically, this is one of the features people feel cheated for. Obviously, we look at the same thing and see different things. There is nothing more I can add.

Coming a bit late to this thread but I'd just want to say something I've already said in other topics, when approaching the game and the backlash it faces :

Let's just remember Cyberpunk was a risk taken. CDPR could easily have taken the path of milking its well known franchise and get easy money as other major studios do (Ubisoft with AC for example).

I'm glad and grateful they took a chance and tried to bring something new and refreshing to the industry.

People should be careful before bashing a creative entity trying to do something new. It may not be good eventually, or not to your taste, but that's the point of creativity. Taking risks and making what you have in mind, not making what "popular opinion" wants and dictates.
JRR Tolkien wrote the Lord of the Rings for himself before thinking about anything else. GRR Martin does the same thing, stated it multiple times. Countless artists, be it musicians, writers, filmmakers, do it too. I'm glad CDPR did it, even if CP has rough edges. It has a strong vision and it should be developed. It lacks polish, thats to be expected from such a project and such a turn into design coming from a studio who lacks experience in 1st person games and spent so much time trying to figure it out.

Unless all you want for the 20 years to come are a bunch of FIFA 2581, GTA 5 online remake 3rd edition for PS 7 with the same skins over and over you won't complain about buying for the 10th time, and Assassin's Creed Origins of the Odyssey to Valhalla.

Give CDPR credit where it's due : they are creative, they are taking risks, and at least they're not sitting there filling their overmilked franchises with microtransactions (I mean, do you really think all of those other studios like EA would refrain from putting in some Ciri bikini DLC skin for 10$ in a Witcher 4 game ?). And as a side note, to those who dare putting them on the same page as EA and Activision, start showing us where are the paid skins, microtransactions, loot boxes and DRM in the game. Where are the experience boosters mandatory to avoid hours of grinding.

Here's a recommendation; When you plan on releasing your next game use these words, when asked about a release date, "We'll release it when it's ready". Cyberpunk 2077, right now, is a moderate quality game, with a top-shelf developer, or so I thought. The bugs, glitches, and etc... I could understand a page of glitches that get discovered over a month, to a year, but there are some things that shouldn't have been missed. Like the placeholders that are stuck to the wall just up and right of the sun tarot graffiti. That's an amateur thing that I've only really seen in g-mod games, because someone didn't have the same object and texture packs as the game host. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Fix this, and do better next time. I'm sure many of the dedicated fans will accept "We'll release it when it's ready".

I'm glad and grateful they took a chance and tried to bring something new and refreshing to the industry.

A setting is not a risk
Novel gameplay is. There is 0.0 novel things in this game.

Its CoD style combat with Assassins creed odyssey style level progression and loot spirale.
The quests are linear to a fault. To a degrees even, where in every single mission the only difference in outcome are a binary choice between characters you are never going to see again coming out on top, Or characters you are never going to see again coming out on top. With a lot of missions literally having only one single outcome, where you either fail or win.

And the worst part is that the quests are way worse than anything we could've expected. Not a single mission creates storylines depending on your choice, not a single mission has any impact on the people or the world around you.
And if it does seem to have inmpact, in the case of a minority of main quests, then you are never going to meet these people again.

Where is "Your actions will have consequences" where is "Random encounters, making the world react to your decisions" where is "You decide how you spend your time and with who"?
None of that is in the game.

And well sorry, but it wasnt a risk. CDPR was not popular because of their IP, but because of how well crafted their games were. How incredibly immersive and well told the stories of TW2 and TW3 were. And how indepth and fun a game like Gwent is.
And 8 million preorders speak for themselves, no? That is more than twice the total number of sales of TW3 in its first year!
13 million copies sold in total to date!

People were behind this project like no other. And people got burnt. Because it isnt the game that it was promised to be.
And that is the core issue. Bugs are all good and well, but if you promise things like this, as a company, that lives entirely off of the good will of its customers? You better deliver.
Or you dont promise these things.
But either way, do not lie to them.

That bit about how you tested on old-gen consoles and didn't see crashes let alone the bugs interestingly not mentioned in that wave off is borderline hilarious. It's like once you started lying you can't stop. Unless you were playing on a non updated console with custom hardware there is virtually NO WAY you couldn't have had the same issues. You can wave that excuse out for the crowd that hasn't been gaming 40 years, but that doesn't fly with most of us. That is THE trick to consoles, they're virtually the same out of the box barring OS version updates (and frankly if you weren't testing on current OS ver... there are no words for that).

I'd love to see a LOT more about exactly what you are currently doing and it's current state as it develops than yet another excuse filled apology/promise not to do it again/better. You can put out a few thousand more, my trust isn't coming back until you earn it with real progress and finished product. You know the same way you did in the first place. Why you decided to pull the same bull that you poked fun at other developers for doing while lying about how you wouldn't I'll never know. Do better or don't but you made your own words meaningless. The real shame is putting this on the team that worked so hard for you and us to make this game. They deserve better.

Nothing but one persons subjective opinion . Disagree
Post automatically merged:

Your allowed that . I will say I Disagree with your opinion and leave you with a few reposts you may or may not have seen and wish you a good day as I don't want to be seen as skirmishing.

a direct link to a more detailed explanation

That does not mean anything towards the game the requirements are guidelines not a guarantee

if you have al the requirements and it does NOT run yet it runs on other peoples computers then logic would dictate its the computer not the software.

I have had no technical issues at all and if you look at this . It seems others have not had issues either . It seems curious that a software can "pick and choose" who it will work for and who it will not.

This is a thread of people sharing various hardware configurations and not having issues

my personal a post in that thread.

Another thread of various people playing on pc with various hardware configurations and not having issues

It's fine on my PC | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

My technical opinion on the software is broken vs software is ( generally ) fine its end user system compatibility issues debate.

I dont agree with this: "if you have al the requirements and it does NOT run yet it runs on other peoples computers then logic would dictate its the computer not the software. This is a thread of people sharing various hardware configurations and not having issues"

Please dont be mad at me but it is not reality. I look at the people posting their pc in the threads.

Made list:
I9 7900x + RTX 3090+32 GB ram.
I9 9900kf + Rtx 3090 + 32 GB ram.
You ryzen 7 3700x + Rtx 3080 + 16 GB ram.
I7 7700K + Rtx 3080 + 32 GB ram.
Intel 10850k Rtx 3060Ti + 32GB ram
Threadripper 2950 + Rtx 2080ti.
Ryzen 7 3700x + Rtx 2080 + 16gb ram.
Ryzen 7 3800X + RTX 2080.
I7 8700 + RTX 2070 + 64 gb ram.
I7 9700k + Rtx 2070 + 16 GB ram.
Ryzen 7 3800X + 5700xt + 64gb ram.
Ryzen 7 3700x + 1080ti + 32 GB ram.
I7 10700k + 1080 ti + 32 GB ram.
Intel i7+ 1080 Ti+ 32 GB ram.
Threadripper 1920x + 1080ti + 64 gb ram.
Ryzen 3700x + Rtx 2060 + 32 GB ram.
I5 9600K + RTX 2060 +16 GB ram.
Ryzen 5 3600 + rtx 2060 +32 GB ram.
i5-9400F + RTX 2060 + 16gb ram
Ryzen 9 3900x + rx 5700 + 32GB ram
Ryzen 5 3600 + vega 56 + 32 GB ram.
I5 8600k + Gtx 1080 + 16 GB ram.
I7 6700 + Gtx 1080 + 32 GB ram.
i7-4790K @4.0GHz + Gtx 1080 + 32 GB ram.
I9 9900kf + Gtx 1070 + 32 GB ram.
I7 8700k + Gtx 1070 + 16 GB ram.
Ryzen 5 3600 + RX 5600 XT + 16gb ram
I7 3770k + Gtx 1660ti + 16 GB ram.
i5 2500k OC @ 4.2 + GTX1070Ti + 16GB ram. CAS set to 90 and getting 38-58 fps
Ryzen 3700x + Gtx 1060 + 32 GB ram. 40-50 fps 1080p low.
Xeon E5 1620 v2 ~i7 3770 @4.1 GHz + RX 570 4GB +8 gb ram. Dips low 20. Lower resolution then 1080p.
Ryzen 5 2600, RX570 4gb, 8Gb ram 720p 40-60 AVG fps.
2gb 650GTX i7 3820 16 gb no MENTION of how much fps or what resolution
i3 2120 3,30 GHZ + GTX 650 +16 Gb ram 15-20 FPS no mention of res. o Jig Jig street it's a slide party xd.

The guys with lows pc are doing bad or playing 720p or low.

25 out of 34 that posted have ryzen/threadripper 2000/3000 cpu or Intel 8000/9000/10000 cpu.
29 out of 34 have 8, 12, 16, 24, 32 threads cpu.
24 out of 34 have 6, 8, 10, 12, 16 core cpu 1 or 2 years old.
The majority has cpu clock at +4ghz.
18 out of 34 have 32 GB ram. Other big part 16 GB ram.
Only 1 out of 34 has 8gb ram.
29 out of 34 have gpu Gtx 1070 or better.
21 out of 34 have rtx cards or at least 1080/1080ti.
23 out of 34 have at least 8gb vram.
7 out of 34 have 6gb vram.
2 out of 34 have 4gb vram.
2 out of 34 have 2gb vram.
2 out of 34 are at the min sys spec or below with gpu or cpu.

If we look steam survey 27 % people have gpus gtx 1070 or better. The rest has 1060 or lower.
54% of gamers have 4 Core cpus or lower.
37% of gamers have 4gb vram or lower.
62% of gamers have 6gb vram or lower.
37% of gamers have 8gb system ram or lower.

Those 2 threads dont show reality of how majority of gamers and me run the game.
Most in the 2 threads have high end pcs with 8gb vram, 32 GB ram, at least gtx1070/Gtx 1080 and 1 or 2 year old I5, I7, I9, ryzen 6 and 7, 8, 9, threadripper with hyperthreading. Specs much high then min specs in table.

I have 3gb vram with Gtx 1060, 8gb 3200mhz ram and 4 core, 4 threads i5 6400 cpu 3.3ghz.
I should run the game if look sys req at 1080p Medium 30 fps easy but i run 3-23fps on 1080p low.
You say its my pc. But i can run last metro game with 60-100fps outside, 100-130fps indoors at 1080p low.
fpscyber.png

fpsmetro.png

table.png

A setting is not a risk

Creating and launching a brand new IP is. And it's not filled with microtransactions, hence my comparison with EA.

What’s that?

Narrative driven RPG in 1st person in an overlooked setting (compared to the countless medfan / historic settings we have). I'm not saying they achieved everything they settled for (not by far gameplay wise for example), but they took their chance instead of milking their franchise. And they did without doing what othe major companies do : filling it with microtransactions and lootboxes. There's absolutely no way of denying that.

But hey, if people are happy with a bland Witcher 4, and bland Elder scrolls 6 filled with the same animations from fallout 76, or a bland new Mass Effect with (oh, such a surprise !) Shepard, Liara (apparently it's easier to bring in old characters than taking risks and creating new ones), microtransactions and countless skins to buy in multiplayer lootboxes, I'm glad for them.

Last edited:
I dont agree with this: "if you have al the requirements and it does NOT run yet it runs on other peoples computers then logic would dictate its the computer not the software. This is a thread of people sharing various hardware configurations and not having issues"

Those 2 threads dont show reality of how majority of gamers and me run the game.

I disagree with that based on what you are referencing.

13 million copies were sold 59% of that were PC that is approximately 7670000 if my math is correct.

So if you take a majority say 60% you are saying 4602000 are running the game poorly. I don't personally believe all the pc complaints in all of social media combined would even reach a fraction of that number.

Yet it still rates

Metascore
Generally favorable reviewsbased on 88 Critic ReviewsWhat's this?
User Score

Yet the PS4 version which is know to have the majority running poorly and was taken out of the PlayStation store because of it.

Metascore
Mixed or average reviewsbased on 34 Critic ReviewsWhat's this?
User Score

So if that was true and the "majority" of pc users were having issues one would think the PC rating would be closer to the PS4 rating .

The guys with lows pc are doing bad or playing 720p or low.

I feel Games should be make with the best technology has to offer . Not downgraded or "optimized " to be compatible with older tech.

Yes they should and also Personally I think dev companies need to stop putting " Minimum requirements" on games and instead put a disclaimer .

This is what you need to have the best chance of smooth game play we cannot guarantee performance on every possible hardware software combination"

Forgive me for doing the repost thing but had this conversation numerous time.

1. C when you are building a project next time will stop building for the technology of today and build in mind for the technology of tomorrow.

I know putting it on every platform that even had a small "chance" of running the game was done to make money. But my suggestion is that game developers in general need to stop looking backwards and making thing backward compatible

From what I have read it seems that if the Devs had made this game exclusive for the next gen consoles and raised the min system requirements for pc. There would be a lot less technical complaints

Yes they would "lose" money but I think in this case having "quality" over quantity. Like the high end car market . Not everyone can afford a high end car but they still manage to make a profit.

Also if the game industry does not "force" people to upgrade making everything backwards compatible we are never going to move forward at a reasonable pace. . Its like trying walk while dragging/ carrying something to heavy behind you

"Its like trying walk while dragging/ carrying something to heavy behind you"

Clarification: that is general statement mean to encompass places behind in technology, economic growth etc etc etc

In other works keep up or get left behind . I still believe like the luxury car market they would still be very profitable as you don't need "everyone" to buy your product to be profitable.

Think of your computer as whole not just parts . Which includes operating system drivers etc. If you are not at recommended or above.

Multiple people including myself have reported t no technical issues.

I have finished the game with no issues others have as well.

So if it runs great for some people and others have finished the game without running into "game breaking bugs" . How can it be the software? ( not saying bugs don't exist but may only show on different system/ operating configurations)

If the software was truly broken no one would be able to run it like the door being closed and locked.

Now if its open and other people can go though but you are too tall and keep hitting your head and cant get though.

Is the door that is broken or do you just need to "fix" the situation and crouch down in order to pass though?

never said you were . you seemed to have missed my point though and still blaming he software for it not running perfectly on every possible combination of hardware / software which I think is unreasonable

For any game if your system does not meet or exceed the Recommended specs . You will probably have issues and it and I believe is up to the user to fix them not the devs team ( for any game) That's why I also don't agree with posts claiming " poor optimization for lesser systems " .

Yes they should and also Personally I think dev companies need to stop putting " Minimum requirements" on games and instead put a disclaimer .

This is what you need to have the best chance of smooth game play we cannot guarantee performance on every possible hardware software combination"

The thread I found this one in was locked so couldn't quote it so just copy and pasted

Technical

"Its the games fault its buggy and unreliable and its the game fault doesn't run on my system"

Personally I think dev companies need to stop putting " Minimum requirements" on games and instead put a disclaimer .

"Sure, it runs much better on high-end PC hardware"
that means the program works - if it does not work on lower need systems that is part of the end user problem to figure out not the devs

"but it has a huge amount of issues "

please remember other players including me have report not having any issue with the game .

Repost incoming

If you don't put gas in the car and it stops . Did the car s manufacture sell you a defective car.?

Other big games work on my computer.

I answered this already

Well I can run this game so I should be able to run. that game

Also not true every game is built differently and will interact with your system as a whole differently so the above statement not accurate.

There is nothing magical about .

If you have 2 people - and a piece of software

Person 1 run smoothly on with no issues

Person 2 computer has major problems .

It is not a problem with the software as it has proven to run smoothly on person 1 computer

This has nothing to do with defending the devs or being a "fanboy. It has to do with logic.

Software that has major problems is not capable of running smoothly on ANYONES PC

that a simple undeniable fact.

Something that is broken is always broken no matter who uses it. It does not magically change condition depended on the user.

that does mean that bugs don't exist. I am talking in a general sense based on general performance.

Last edited:
But hey, if people are happy with a bland Witcher 4, and bland Elder scrolls 6 filled with the same animations from fallout 76, or a bland new Mass Effect with (oh, such a surprise !) Shepard, Liara (apparently it's easier to bring in old characters than taking risks and creating new ones), microtransactions and countless skins to buy in multiplayer lootboxes, I'm glad for them.

I’m not part of that particular group. Not in the slightest. And I still don’t really see the ”new and refreshing” side of it.

I gotta say, for what it tries to be, CP manages to be even surprisingly bland outside the visual design. Not least because a good amount of Witcher blandness insisted its way in the game, nor because the entire experience is centered around being a tired ”FPS with stats”
Cyberpunk 2020 offered a multitude of approaches that would’ve fitted in a computergame environment and actually felt ”new and refreshing” (although possibly a bit unorthodox to some), but alas, that material was used merely as a source for background lore and a list of familiar names.
Had they wanted to, they could’ve done better. Much better.

I disagree with that based on what you are referencing.

13 million copies were sold 59% of that were PC that is approximately 7670000 if my math is correct.

So if you take a majority say 60% you are saying 4602000 are running the game poorly. I don't personally believe all the pc complaints in all of social media combined would even reach a fraction of that number.

Yet it still rates

Metascore
Generally favorable reviewsbased on 88 Critic ReviewsWhat's this?
User Score

Yet the PS4 version which is know to have the majority running poorly and was taken out of the PlayStation store because of it.

Metascore
Mixed or average reviewsbased on 34 Critic ReviewsWhat's this?
User Score

So if that was true and the "majority" of pc users were having issues one would think the PC rating would be closer to the PS4 rating .

I feel Games should be make with the best technology has to offer . Not downgraded or "optimized " to be compatible with older tech.

Forgive me for doing the repost thing but had this conversation numerous time.

The thread I found this one in was locked so couldn't quote it so just copy and pasted

Technical

"Its the games fault its buggy and unreliable and its the game fault doesn't run on my system"

Personally I think dev companies need to stop putting " Minimum requirements" on games and instead put a disclaimer .

"Sure, it runs much better on high-end PC hardware"
that means the program works - if it does not work on lower need systems that is part of the end user problem to figure out not the devs

"but it has a huge amount of issues "

please remember other players including me have report not having any issue with the game .

Repost incoming

If you don't put gas in the car and it stops . Did the car s manufacture sell you a defective car.?

Other big games work on my computer.

I answered this already

Well I can run this game so I should be able to run. that game

Also not true every game is built differently and will interact with your system as a whole differently so the above statement not accurate.

There is nothing magical about .

If you have 2 people - and a piece of software

Person 1 run smoothly on with no issues

Person 2 computer has major problems .

It is not a problem with the software as it has proven to run smoothly on person 1 computer

This has nothing to do with defending the devs or being a "fanboy. It has to do with logic.

Software that has major problems is not capable of running smoothly on ANYONES PC

that a simple undeniable fact.

Something that is broken is always broken no matter who uses it. It does not magically change condition depended on the user.

that does mean that bugs don't exist. I am talking in a general sense based on general performance.

you say: I disagree with that based on what you are referencing 13 million copies were sold 59% of that were pc that is approximately 7670000 if my math is correct.

I was talking about performance. Not how well sold. The majority of gamers steam show use gtx 1060 or lower,a 4 core cpu with 8 or 16gb of ram.Dont have gtx 1080 or higher, 32 gb of ram or 6, 8, 12, 16 core cpu 1,2 years old cpu.The 2 threads did not prove anyting.
So they did not want to sold to them?
They made software that run well on systems that only 27 % of gamers have.
But they did not advertised this because recomended sys req are low demanding- gtx 1060 + ryzen 3 3200g 4core4threads for 1080 high.

you say: I disagree with that however even if it is true you still proved my point. If the game runs on high ened systems t hen the software works

But syst req are made so people can know if they can play the game.
Other sys req work for me. If i am above the min sys req i can play the game at least 1080p low 30 fps and i buy.

Metro Exodus Minimum Requirements
Intel Core i5-4440
RAM: 8 GB
GeForce GTX 670 / GeForce GTX 1050 / AMD Radeon HD 7870
DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB
Metro Exodus Recommended Requirements
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k
RAM: 8 GB
VIDEO CARD: GeForce GTX 1070 / GeForce RTX 2060 / AMD RX VEGA 56
DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 8192 MB

I have 60-130 fps on 1080p low in metro.

you say: If you don't put gas in the car and it stops . Did the car s manufacture sell you a defective car.?

Dont understand this.
They said my car would be able to run so i buy. But it does not. It is not my fault.

you say: If you have 2 people - and a piece of software Person 1 run smoothly on with no issues Person 2 computer has major problems . It is not a problem with the software as it has proven to run smoothly on person 1 computer

This does not make sense.
They said car would run with no issues for person 2 -me.
It is not my fault they lied.

On console u have only person 1.
They said car would run with no issues for console.
It is not console gamers fault they lied.

Last edited:
Top Bottom