Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
On the other hand, RDR2 launch on PC was anything but fine.
It could not be launched at first and then many players had freezes (mine was 30s long each 1-2 min) I could play it about a month after the release.
In the same time period I finished CP with all quests I found, without game breakign bug and started another playtrough.

But yes, they really messed it up with the console release, especially after the "runs suprisngly well" statement.
Not trying to deffend one wrong with another just have the impression people forget when comparing to the golden oldies.
less than months around two weeks in some rare cases for some cards. But when it was playable it was running flawlessly with minimum bugs, with great story, gameplay and immersion pretty much no other game is doing even now.

here i was able to play early access game on day one, with half systems not working, half of game cut, horrible mechanics like skills, perks, ai, inventory, railroaded story, shitload of bugs.

If i would compare experience for rdr2 and cp, rdr2 was miles better. In comparison last year i bought hzd and it had issues, i waited two weeks and got fantastic experience.

Would i wait couple months for better experience in cp2077 , sure.

mkay, sooo, go play those. :)

I think you lose the point here... "shoooing" away console players because one may have an uber-godlike GPU and monster CPU with 1000 threads is not nice... not saying that you did that, but the message just comes across like it. It also doesn't show companionship between gamers in a case that affects pretty much everyone, with different aspects, due to incorrect estimations from CDPR.

After all console players did not land here on their own, someone brought everyone here, because of the promise that was made in the past.

Plus almost anything can play anywhere, the 600$ argument is moot, since you do sacrifice productivity and freedom of choice of software when buying a console... the toy box does just that, it plays well. If they managed to bring Withcher 3 on Switch why not bring this on old-gen, one could say - plus optimizations will make the software work on all consoles of the same kind the same, which is trickier to achieve on PCs with a multitude of configurations (or misconfigurations, most PC gamers are not capable system builders). Who knows.... which is part of the issue here, almost 2 months aftter the official release.

Please try to keep the level of respect high and the message clear, friend :) We all just want to have as much fun as possible with CP2077 in the end.

I think you lose the point here... "shoooing" away console players because one may have an uber-godlike GPU and monster CPU with 1000 threads is not nice... not saying that you did that, but the message just comes across like it. It also doesn't show companionship between gamers in a case that affects pretty much everyone, with different aspects, due to incorrect estimations from CDPR.

After all console players did not land here on their own, someone brought everyone here, because of the promise that was made in the past.

Plus almost anything can play anywhere, the 600$ argument is moot, since you do sacrifice productivity and freedom of choice of software when buying a console... the toy box does just that, it plays well. If they managed to bring Withcher 3 on Switch why not bring this on old-gen, one could say - plus optimizations will make the software work on all consoles of the same kind the same, which is trickier to achieve on PCs with a multitude of configurations (or misconfigurations, most PC gamers are not capable system builders). Who knows.... which is part of the issue here, almost 2 months aftter the official release.

Please try to keep the level of respect high and the message clear, friend :) We all just want to have as much fun as possible with CP2077 in the end.

Exactly. Criticize the game but leave the community alone.

I agree with most of what you wrote but not with that. Most of the people in the Afterlife are supposed to be mercs like you, they don't belong to any of the gangs. So they definitely should respect you if you succesfully close your gigs or are "cool" enough to take out a whole bunch of gangoons all by yourself.

What this game really needs regarding street cred would be a dynamic faction system where being respected by one gang does not necessarily mean another gang also likes you. Like, if you do a job for the Mox by taking out a Tyger Claws brothel, you should gain respect from Mox, but get on the Tyger Claws' bad side etc. And from the elite Afterlife guys you would earn respect by doing these jobs as good and stylishly (is that a word?) as you can.

Well, the Street Cred is right there with the Wanted System. Making it better - in a way - for handling the geniuses in the NCPD force. Cool on its own can't be linked to reputation, as that would make another stat mandatory for the full experience (beside tech). And V's reputation is just tied to the main quest which could make some sense, were it for you not having the choice to just do merc jobs for the corpos (which have enough muscle to not need you - making those successful endeavors not really worth being praised by the Afterlife's clientele).

So Street Cred could still be, in my opinion, a tool to reflect your positioning on the street (be it for or against the law), while V's rep (in the overall character screen) would be indicative of your style and success in the gigs you've been given. Granted, that would mean that... maybe aside from Wakako and Reggie no one would care about your existence in the early game, Rogue wouldn't care for at least as long as Claire didn't (can't remember if it was at 40% or 60%) and the gigs would have to reflect your fame in their scope and challenge.

The gangs themselves would need different rep scale though. And when I'm saying "gangs" I'm actually meaning all factions that aren't NCPD, from Wraiths to Militech and Saka - literally all. You do jobs against Saka, the Tynos will dislike you, as they have their own stuff going with them. A lot of dynamic connections in NC that you only get to read about (mostly after you already flatlined such a connection). A truckload of untapped potential.

So yeah, V's rep is 100% pointless (the first icon), aside from being a main story progress indicator. Street cred as it is now is also a joke (42 street cred without forcing the game's boundaries in any way before doing anything for the main story after jumping out of Dex's limo). It's why I came up with this idea. That SC could just be tied with how the law enforcers see you (maybe even opening your door for MaxTac/NetWatch), and it would be rating that could drop as you murder NCPD peeps. While V's rep would be the actual indicator of your merc activity. If a gang reputation would be introduced, I'd be fine to not have access to the ripperdocs operating in the areas where my rep with the controlling faction is low or negative (kinda like how you have it with the factions in Warframe, for example).

As a side node, you do realize that even the terrain or the cars' AI can (and sometimes even do) take out those gangoons ;) No glory in punching a training dummy :p

I love CDPR but the game should have been released at least 1 or 2 more years, would love to have a car customization, also like a barber shop in W3 where you could change your hair, also a tattoo shop would be nice, a 3rd person option would also be great.

CDPR's next game will for sure wont have the same hype and sales and its CDPR alone should be blamed for it, me myself wont pre-order anymore.

I used to trust CDPR but they turned out worst then even Bethesda and EA and they give the same lies as they do when they screw up. I lost trust in CDPR worst money I ever spent on a game. All promises was lies so very discussed with the company. they gave us garbage I play on a pc I tired of all the crashes and censorship they did even after they said they would not censor the game is optimized so badly. there is no choices you make in game that really changes anything gta 5 was way better then this game along with other AAA titles that at least cared for their gamers all I hear is them saying sorry but they will not change much you will see in the next update they just stalling for time.

I WILL NEVER preorder a game from CDPR again

What engine does CP77 run on? Is it a NEW engine? Is it the same exact engine that The Witcher 3 ran on? NO.

Something else too; Where have all these people been for the last 20 years?
Has everyone forgotten how broken and buggy Skyrim was on launch? Did the devs EVER add in the epic Civil War between Imperials and Stormcloaks ... or, did they just try to sell Horse armor, for like real money ... and the Modding community had to add in the Civil War battles?
The actual best part of Skyrim was the Modding community.
Same goes for most everything from that developer ... everything released; broken, buggy, practically a joke.

Anyone remember ALL the bugs and complaining when The Witcher 3 first released?
CDPR even makes fun of itself and the bugs with the horse Roach by adding an Easter Egg sticker to the first car you have in CP77 that depicts a horse running on it's front legs with its rear-end andrear legs all up in the air.

Have you tried to play Assassin's Creed Valhalla yet? Having fun with all the circle dances yet? ... or the one before that which was basically tons of space just for the sake of space to run around in ... but content ... meh.

Has anyone here complaining seen ANY gaming news over the last few years with dev after dev releasing broken, buggy, unplayable games ... but, wait, also trying to make players buy loot boxes, pay even more money, on top of the broken content?
We've been flooded with "Freemium" microtransaction gaming ... for broken games.

... the Rockstar stuff ... it's all pretty much the same game, reskinned, spread out, with trigger/action/association points and pretty colors in between. Not really much difference from Assassin's Creed Odyssey IMO ... lots of space to run around in ... it justhas the Rockstar Label on it ... so, pretty much same engine, maybe with some updates, a little more graphics fidelity ... sure, it'll run on anything Doom will run on.
... all the formulaic "Dark Souls" style games ... it's just the same thing too, with new models, different animations, so, yeah, Ghosts of Shima will run on your toaster.

There seems to be a lot of short-term memory loss here for the absolute proliferation of buggy releases, and broken games, as well as an abundance of unrealistic expectations derived from over-hype, false equivalency, and much more.

I'm enjoying Cyberpunk 2077. I like it. I also have a very well-worn set of expectations when it comes to playing something right-out-the-gates-released vs. picking up a game that's been out for a year or two.
I'm not Black-Friday rushing the store with all my hopes and dreams and expectations fueled by 7 years of hype.
NO.
I expect there to be all sorts of issues. This isn't the days of Atari, or even a little later where you got what you got and that was it.
People complaining here about controls and things like dodge when there's mods out on Nexus. i wonder if they've ever tried to play System Shock? or System Shock 2? Good Luck ... without mods.

... but, hey, now isn't then. Now, devs give us patches, and updates, and DLCs ... if we can manage to keep from setting our hair on faire and just wait a minute when things aren't what's expected. In the mean time, there's the mod community for things like "better driving", "dedicated dodge button", "walk toggle", "playable tetris" at the standup games you see in CP77, "longer days and nights", some re-skins on lots of things like turning your arms into black Arasaka cyber-ninja arms ... and lots of little things ... but, modding is extremely limited right now.
I wonder what the game would look and play like if we had the modding equivalent of the tools and resources Skyrim had?
Some weirdo would bring back Mantis Blade Wall climbing for sure ... but, eh, that's modding on a level we currently don't have access to.

Maybe i'm just old, and all these rage-quitty tantrums, and complaints over trifles, feel so very very n00bish to me when, gaming, and trying to play most games right after release has been this way for a very long time. Just wait a minute already? Be patient. This has been happening for years, and decades.

Maybe i'm just old, and all these rage-quitty tantrums, and complaints over trifles, feel so very very n00bish to me when, gaming, and trying to play most games right after release has been this way for a very long time. Just wait a minute already? Be patient. This has been happening for years, and decades.

You're spot on in your assessment. What I think has everyone freaking out is the press release saying how happy they were with the PC release and that their content schedule was going forward unchanged. I enjoy playing in Beta releases and joining the community in improving the game. Paid betas have become a thing in recent years and I'm happy to do that. This game is clearly a barebones release with features stripped out everywhere you look. In a beta you'd be fairly confident the devs would prioritize those features based on feedback, but given CDPRs press release we have no reason to believe they're even listening to us. Based on the expectations *they* set by making all these lofty promises I can understand why folks are pissed off, especially since most of the obvious flaws or omissions are industry standard things.

I assume that a lot of the cut content will find its way into the game over the next year or so as they will lose a ton of market confidence if they don't. If that's the case CDPR could have saved everyone a lot of stress by saying "Sorry y'all, this isn't done but we needed some money to make the investors happy. Features x, y, and z are our priorities at this time, let us know on the forums what you think should be next."

You're spot on in your assessment. What I think has everyone freaking out is the press release saying how happy they were with the PC release and that their content schedule was going forward unchanged. I enjoy playing in Beta releases and joining the community in improving the game. Paid betas have become a thing in recent years and I'm happy to do that. This game is clearly a barebones release with features stripped out everywhere you look. In a beta you'd be fairly confident the devs would prioritize those features based on feedback, but given CDPRs press release we have no reason to believe they're even listening to us. Based on the expectations *they* set by making all these lofty promises I can understand why folks are pissed off, especially since most of the obvious flaws or omissions are industry standard things.

I assume that a lot of the cut content will find its way into the game over the next year or so as they will lose a ton of market confidence if they don't. If that's the case CDPR could have saved everyone a lot of stress by saying "Sorry y'all, this isn't done but we needed some money to make the investors happy. Features x, y, and z are our priorities at this time, let us know on the forums what you think should be next."

It's also interesting how CDPR managed to deliver aa game in the middle of global Pandemic with most all of its workers working remotely from HOME ... and there was ... what ... one delay with 7 years of pressure built up and pushing and pushing them to release.
IMO they're frigging superheroes for managing to launch a playable game just in the state it's in under all the conditions, pressures and challenges they've been subjected to.

the selfishness, short term memory loss for every other game launched with bugs, and lack of empathy from the community for the enormous strains CDPR has had to face ... it's just ridiculous.

the selfishness, short term memory loss for every other game launched with bugs, and lack of empathy from the community for the enormous strains CDPR has had to face ... it's just ridiculous.

Again, it's down to how they handled it. I think we can all understand that those factors would inhibit a full release and if they had communicated that to us there would be a very different reaction. Saying they think it's great and are moving on after everything they promised is why people are filled with salt.

One day to go (they usually release patches on Friday).
we will see but don't get your hopes up on Friday LMAO
Post automatically merged:

as much as I am upset with CDPR I feel so bad for all the devs you can see they was and are working hard on the game
Post automatically merged:

on a side note all this talk about the empty spot in skills I think it might be there for a companion skills, I feel in a dlc they will add a companion systems

Last edited:
Tell me lies, tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.

I'm not saying bug fixes aren't important. I'm just saying that isn't the biggest problem here.
What we'll have is a more stable game with about a third of the content and playability we were told it would have.
You sold us a mature rpg. You gave us low-rent GTA with the mature elements of a day at the beach. You have strippers dancing in windows wearing business attire. But it's cool because now marketing calls it an action-adventure game, right?

If I had the money to put a deposit on a loaded Corvette I would have certain expectations based on the marketing and past iterations of the car. I'd have every reason to be irritated if I were delivered a minivan that didn't even have power windows and cruise control. That is what you did. Right now the van is misfiring and barely drivable. Getting it running doesn't make it okay that you sold me a corvette and gave me a minivan.

Tell me lies, tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.

I'm not saying bug fixes aren't important. I'm just saying that isn't the biggest problem here.
What we'll have is a more stable game with about a third of the content and playability we were told it would have.
You sold us a mature rpg. You gave us low-rent GTA with the mature elements of a day at the beach. You have strippers dancing in windows wearing business attire. But it's cool because now marketing calls it an action-adventure game, right?

If I had the money to put a deposit on a loaded Corvette I would have certain expectations based on the marketing and past iterations of the car. I'd have every reason to be irritated if I were delivered a minivan that didn't even have power windows and cruise control. That is what you did. Right now the van is misfiring and barely drivable. Getting it running doesn't make it okay that you sold me a corvette and gave me a minivan.
thank you
I now have that song stuck in my head lol
I agree 100% with you

a thousand of applause, exactly what i think, maybe i am old too :D

Top Bottom