Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
perfekt work
game crashes with patch 1.1 every 5 minutes
with patch 1.06 i could play some hours without crash

incredible work more plz
you should rename the game to Cybercrash 2077 .... per day

das ist nicht mehr lustig
Welcome to the new corporate CDPR EA Activision Ubisoft company.

April fools

Oh wait it's not yet

Only due to non existent optimization and this game runs poorly on next gen consoles also.
Hell it runs bad on PC's that have budget components.

It only runs good on top end rigs, the only reason for this is as follows.

So game has memory leaks.
For argument lets say it leaks 2Gb / hour.

Now a gaming PC today has what 32, 64 or even 128 Gb of ram graphic cards with 8+ Gb ram.

So lets say OS and game uses 16Gb. with 32Gb you can play about 8 hours before you start seeing memory pressures. 64Gb you could play for 24 hours straight and that would never happen.

On console on the other hand you have so much less memory and that is the reason it crashes frequently.
Fix the bloody memory leaks and it will run fine on PS4 Pro and it will run almost as good as PC on next gen console.

Don't blame hardware for bad coding. How can this game be the only one with rolling issues inside a menu and char creation I have never ever seen that before in any of the 100 games I have on console.

If a friend would told me I would thought he was not telling truth because something as simple as a menu should not have that kindof problem.

bought this game when it came out, and its a sad piece of work. games that where made in 2001 had smarter npc and the story is 95% always the same what ever choice you make. comitted to quality?? give me a break this game will go down in history as the baddest ever made game in history, guess thats an achievement too but this will be for shure the last game bought from project red. nothing they promised in the trailers and teasers etc has been true. easy earned big bucks for them but you will lose a lot of gamers like this.

If the updates roadmap is even slightly to scale I think we should expect to see the first free DLC right at the end of March, while the Free Next-Gen Console Update should come in June or July.

I have been a supporter of CDPR since the original Witcher, and have loved all of their work so far. Cyberpunk 2077 is the 80s version of the future that i have always wanted to experience. They have put so many nods to other works into this game, and so many little details that people completely overlook. I would love to see many more Cyberpunk games to come. Im playing on the PS4v1, and yes there are some bugs, and crashes, but i am thoroughly enjoying it. To CDPR keep up the good work and thank you for all the sacrifices your team have made to bring us this great game.
I don't know why people keep thanking them for their hard work and sacrifices sentiment? First I want to say this is my first game with them and I was enjoying it until patch 1.1 which completely bricked my 60 hour game progress. But let's be clear guys I don't know what industries yall are working but these "crunch hours" aren't bad compared to other high paying office job. Let's be realistic here as well that these office job during the covid time probably can work from the comfort of home and have flexibility up the ass. If you ask auditors right now during busy season, M&A, and investment bankers they will literally kill someone to get the "crunch time" over their regular work hours. Also, don't forget these are their job and like other jobs in the world I hope they are doing their job because they are getting money for their time in the office. The "sacrifice" also a confusing choice of words because it their choice and they are getting compensated for their time putting into the work they are doing so let's stop babying them about what they are suppose to do but be critical of the lack of quality from their work. I am talking about the whole studio/company as a whole (devs and managements).

Sorry but I'm not buying this 'our commitment to quality' BS.

If you launch a game in such a bad shape that it gets booted from stores and you are forced to issue refunds while being hit with investor lawsuits, any credibility you had regarding a commitment to quality is long dead.

Anyone with a true commitment to quality wouldn't have launched a game in the state Cyberpunk was launched.

Appreciate the product you all have delivered, CDPR team!

I just finished the game and I loved the entire experience; the hard work of your artists, writers, and developers really shows.

Glad you all are working through the bugs. Keep at it!

While he did have some points leaning so heavily on "they lied to us" was pretty moot considering every game does this. Somehow CDPR gets slammed for making false promises but virtually the entire industry are for some reason never held accountable. I guess they're just human after all and deeply flawed like the rest of us.

Instead of focusing so heavily on what they didn't do, perhaps realize everything they did do because there's a lot to be praised when it comes to Night City alone.
The reason they do is because 1 they always say they are open and honest with the gamers and 2 because gamer have had enough of it from other companies and yes its a bit on fair that a lot of its being taken out on CD projekt red but they did mess up in a big way so they do deserve some of it.

It only runs good on top end rigs, the only reason for this is as follows.

No it's not. I know friends with killer rigs (3090 RTX, 64 GB RAM and stuff) who experience hundreds of bugs, crashes...

I have a pretty decent rig (Ryzen 5600X, 3070 RTX, 32 GB RAM, game installed on a brand new SSD) and got a poor experience.

I'll just say we must have very different tastes in games. From where I am sitting games have changed a lot over the years. Even if this weren't true it's not unreasonable to expect games marketed as "next gen" to innovate or iterate on what came before.

Really? NES platformers are the basis for all platforming gameplay. Whether it is Portal or a new Mario game.
The first FPS games have been the basis for FPS since. It has slowly been updated over the years, sure.
Adventure games like Kings Quest have been the basis for exploration/story driven games.
The old RPGs like... I dunno Ultima have been the basis for all RPGS.

Ya, small changes then bigger changes happen which evolve the gameplay. But go back far enough, it's still the same stuff man.. Changed? Uh, ya.

You don't see the issue with it? Consider the game setting. Now consider the law enforcement response to player crime in CP. If you don't care whether mechanics in a game match the setting it's no big deal. Even then, at a mechanical level, the police/warrant system in this game is extremely poor.

Uhmmm I did. They aren't what people were expecting. Myself as well. They definitely need to do the work or just remove them all together. I hardly see the cops because I purposely avoid hitting pedestrians etc so as I said it hasn't really affected/bothered me.

Life-paths, looting, gearing, character progression, collisions/physics, some of the quest content, the in-game economy, crafting, NPC vendors, the crime system, fist fights, parts of the driving mechanics.... Shall I keep going? I can look at all of these and find glaring faults. I'm not talking about advertising here. I'm talking about how the mechanics function.

If anything the fixation on false and misleading advertising obfuscates the problem areas. The possibility of false and misleading advertising doesn't need to be mentioned. The mechanics in the finished product speak for themselves.

This was all hyped up by people like you. Did the say there would be XYZ content? Sure, every game does. But all of that you took issue with is in some part in the game. To your liking? Obviously not.

Some people out there go off on arbitrary rants to trash the game. It's incredibly convenient to lump all feedback in with this group because it fits the agenda. Individuals doing so are engaging in identical behavior in reverse. They're blindly propping the game up. Neither type of feedback is offering anything useful.

Are you on some kind of crusade to right your being (in your mind) wronged because CP2077 isn't what you expected? Your overview of how opinions work is pretty rudimentary and apparent. So what are you saying? Neither feedback is helpful? Ok..

I absolutely love this game, closing in on 90hrs now. I remember it being announced back in 2012. I think the difference is I waited 9 years for the game. I didn't spend 9 years waiting for it like others. I watched hardly any preview material other than the long gameplay trailer way back.

Really? NES platformers are the basis for all platforming gameplay. Whether it is Portal or a new Mario game.
The first FPS games have been the basis for FPS since. It has slowly been updated over the years, sure.
Adventure games like Kings Quest have been the basis for exploration/story driven games.

Ya, small changes then bigger changes happen which evolve the gameplay. But go back far enough, it's still the same stuff man.. Changed? Uh, ya.

Yes, playing games is still playing games. Even so, suggesting games have remained the "same" is not accurate.

This was all hyped up by people like you. Did the say there would be XYZ content? Sure, every game does. But all of that you took issue with is in some part in the game. To your liking? Obviously not.

Once again, you're conveniently fixating on the marketing. And tossing an inflammatory jab in there as bait. Nice try.

I didn't hype anything up. In fact, I suspected from the start and over the entire process before the game was completed many mechanics were going to be a reskin of TW3 mechanics or end up poorly executed. I voiced some of those concerns back then too. I'd even go further and say right before release, when I noticed a lot of info was being withheld, in the back of my head I was thinking, "This game is gonna flop.".

To my liking? If I step on a trash bag at a certain angle on top of a building and get thrown to another building it's not about my opinion of the mechanics. That's not supposed to happen. I don't need to be some game development savant to know that. Passing under a bridge and seeing vehicles on said bridge fall through it and explode? Not supposed to happen. Watching cars in certain areas of the game world clip into walls and seeing debris fly everwhere, not intended.

This type of behavior isn't something I disagree with on a conceptual level. It's busted. It's objectively sub-par.

The police system? Objectively sub-par. Pedestrians behaving as if they've been hit when they're 5 feet away from a vehicle? Yeah.... Getting hit at the apex of the second jump on a double jump in a fist fight while the opponent executes it's scripted 4 sequence attack chain? Not good. Developers hand-placing trash loot is stupid. You're up against deadlines and you have people spending time on this? Really.... You can't even make multiple items at once with the crafting. Does this capability really need to be requested?

Are you on some kind of crusade to right your being (in your mind) wronged because CP2077 isn't what you expected? Your overview of how opinions work is pretty rudimentary and apparent. So what are you saying? Neither feedback is helpful? Ok..

Nope. I don't care one way or another if they "wronged" me. It's a simple transaction. I play video games. A developer makes video games. There are no feelings, trust or any other baggage involved. If they do something poorly I'd prefer to point it out. Perhaps they will then learn from it going forward. The end result there is they make better games. So I enjoy the games more. If they choose not to do so it's not the end of the world. At best it will lead to me looking elsewhere to satisfy my hobby time in the future.

To answer your last question.... I'm saying blindly trashing a product doesn't help anyone. Nor does blindly propping it up via misguided notions of being a "fan". I stepped on a trash bag atop a building and got thrown to another building 50m away. I don't think that's supposed to happen and you guys should probably look into it. <-- Constructive.

I absolutely love this game, closing in on 90hrs now. I remember it being announced back in 2012. I think the difference is I waited 9 years for the game. I didn't spend 9 years waiting for it like others.

Good for you. I'm close to 300 hours played. Give it another 200 odd hours and maybe you'll start to notice the faults.

I watched hardly any preview material other than the long gameplay trailer way back.

So, you bought the game while knowing minimal information about it? You get a gold star.

Uhmmm I did. They aren't what people were expecting. Myself as well. They definitely need to do the work or just remove them all together. I hardly see the cops because I purposely avoid hitting pedestrians etc so as I said it hasn't really affected/bothered me.

I absolutely love this game, closing in on 90hrs now. I remember it being announced back in 2012. I think the difference is I waited 9 years for the game. I didn't spend 9 years waiting for it like others. I watched hardly any preview material other than the long gameplay trailer way back.

I also love this game as well, but the fact you admit that you "lived in a cave" (when speaking strictly about CB2077 pre-release content) doesn't diminish what happened, nor can invalidate what others claim. Nor should have you done something else; many other gamers where not hyped to the same degree as I was, to use an example. So what..?

I will also repeat my request that you please kindly drop the superior gamer tone and condescending comments towards others. No need to diminish another's opinion and present your own as superior. Unless the goal here is to turn this discussion into a ring of sorts.

You still conveniently ignore the mess that was the release, the confusion for the audience (and I would personally also guess for some company staff) with the pre-release schedule going awry, then the mess with lacking features vs pre-release footage (not to mention altering/removing gameplay features in the latest patch) and most importantly very poor optimization, such that it can barely run on most consoles it should be running (CDPR's words, not mine nor any other gamer's as a matter of fact), plus bad scaling on PCs and improper utilization of available resources, apparently also made worse in several cases with the new patch, despite trying to fix console optimizations. So again, not expected for the user-base, and unfortunately it would look like a bad example of proper patching. It didn't affect you or you don't really care as much... well done. That still doesn't invalidate other's views.

Please also consider your opinion on gameplay in general your own, as it becomes increasingly obvious you just put all platformers in the same basket as Super Mario, all adventure games in the same basket as King's Quest and so on... I am certain most other users here, not to mention anyone with an active presence in gaming development, would consider these words overly simplistic and more close to aphorisms than actual truths and would have a completely different take on gameplay on the whole and what is considered an innovation in gameplay. If you prefer to look at things this way be anyone's guest, that is your truth. My own truth may dictate something else, then there is also the subject of the unattainable objective truth, thus the proverbial three-edged sword; anyway, this point seems to be beyond this discussion.

In any case, attacking someone's arguments on any lacking gameplay on CB2077 by trying to remove the basis of his/her argument (ie "what is gameplay") is a rather sneaky attempt at rhetoric speech than an argument that offers anything tangible/useful in this thread, to be honest (no discussion, but more of an attempt to diminish artificially another's one POV). I grant you that you have been succesful in making @Restlessdingo32 keep defending his points to you instead of progressing to other points in this thread, but still... a sneaky attempt nonetheless.

Again, I have nothing against you, I have also agreed in several points where you expressed valid arguments about CB2077, but this reply again resembles an elitist's view against all of the "peasantry" of these forums (and beyond).

I think we can all agree on sharing PERSONAL opinions (including hypothetical speech) that are based on facts concerning CB2077 as a game and its handling by CDPR by avoiding any unneeded generalities or by presenting personal views as universal truths.

My 2 cents on this reply, sorry mate...

Last edited:
[...]

I played 100hrs on this game and only 39% unlocked. I stopped for few weeks already after couldn't really tolerate on how bad the game mechanic is, especially the police system and the AI itself. I wish CDPR will look into this as their main priority..

Yes, playing games is still playing games. Even so, suggesting games have remained the "same" is not accurate.

You are generalizing, again. Has nothing to do with 'playing games is playing games'... We were talking about actual gameplay and the fact you thought this wasn't some mindbending new experience ie: it was 'lacking'

Once again, you're conveniently fixating on the marketing. And tossing an inflammatory jab in there as bait. Nice try.

I didn't hype anything up. In fact, I suspected from the start and over the entire process before the game was completed many mechanics were going to be a reskin of TW3 mechanics or end up poorly executed. I voiced some of those concerns back then too. I'd even go further and say right before release, when I noticed a lot of info was being withheld, in the back of my head I was thinking, "This game is gonna flop.".

To my liking? If I step on a trash bag at a certain angle on top of a building and get thrown to another building it's not about my opinion of the mechanics. That's not supposed to happen. I don't need to be some game development savant to know that. Passing under a bridge and seeing vehicles on said bridge fall through it and explode? Not supposed to happen. Watching cars in certain areas of the game world clip into walls and seeing debris fly everwhere, not intended.

This type of behavior isn't something I disagree with on a conceptual level. It's busted. It's objectively sub-par.

The police system? Objectively sub-par. Pedestrians behaving as if they've been hit when they're 5 feet away from a vehicle? Yeah.... Getting hit at the apex of the second jump on a double jump in a fist fight while the opponent executes it's scripted 4 sequence attack chain? Not good. Developers hand-placing trash loot is stupid. You're up against deadlines and you have people spending time on this? Really.... You can't even make multiple items at once with the crafting. Does this capability really need to be requested?

I am not fixating on marketing. You seem to have a recurring theme of pushing your narrative on others. All of those issues you have stated there I have not come across a single one. Being thrown from building to building? Nope. Vehicles clipping through the world? Nope. I can't agree with your dislike when I haven't had the same problems. I am amazed we have played the same game. Haven't installed the double jump. I have been using the charged jump and zero problems.

Complaining about loot placement? How the crafting works? Come on, man..

I still agree on the Police system ie: lack of.

Nope. I don't care one way or another if they "wronged" me. It's a simple transaction. I play video games. A developer makes video games. There are no feelings, trust or any other baggage involved. If they do something poorly I'd prefer to point it out. Perhaps they will then learn from it going forward. The end result there is they make better games. So I enjoy the games more. If they choose not to do so it's not the end of the world. At best it will lead to me looking elsewhere to satisfy my hobby time in the future.

To answer your last question.... I'm saying blindly trashing a product doesn't help anyone. Nor does blindly propping it up via misguided notions of being a "fan". I stepped on a trash bag atop a building and got thrown to another building 50m away. I don't think that's supposed to happen and you guys should probably look into it. <-- Constructive.

Ok, cool story. We are obviously not going to agree on the fact you think the game is sub par. Especially for the reasons you are now specifying.

Good for you. I'm close to 300 hours played. Give it another 200 odd hours and maybe you'll start to notice the faults.

I see this a lot. People complaining about how bad the game is, or how they were lied to. Yet they have dropped hundreds of hours into it. You actually think you have a case for how bad the game is when you have spent close to 12.5 days play time??

You are making constructive criticism? Ok. CDPR is one of the rare devs who will look at all feedback. But if I see someone playing 12.5 days worth of my game, the last thing I'll think is that they dislike it. Sheesh.

So, you bought the game while knowing minimal information about it? You get a gold star.

Hardly. Again, there you are generalizing. I didn't drool over every drop of info or rumour and let my hype build to absolutely ludicrous levels to the point I thought the game was the next coming of Christ. I knew it was essentially an expanded Deus Ex, and that's it in a nutshell. An open world Deus Ex game. And it is great.
Post automatically merged:

I also love this game as well, but the fact you admit that you "lived in a cave" (when speaking strictly about CB2077 pre-release content) doesn't diminish what happened, nor can invalidate what others claim. Nor should have you done something else; many other gamers where not hyped to the same degree as I was, to use an example. So what..?

I will also repeat my request that you please kindly drop the superior gamer tone and condescending comments towards others. No need to diminish another's opinion and present your own as superior. Unless the goal here is to turn this discussion into a ring of sorts.

Lived in a cave? What was that about not diminishing another's opinion? :rolleyes:

See my reply to dingo if you need clarification why I am not disappointed in the least with the PC version of CP2077. It hard hardly anything to do with 'living in a cave' bud.

You still conveniently ignore the mess that was the release, the confusion for the audience (and I would personally also guess for some company staff) with the pre-release schedule going awry, then the mess with lacking features vs pre-release footage (not to mention altering/removing gameplay features in the latest patch) and most importantly very poor optimization, such that it can barely run on most consoles it should be running (CDPR's words, not mine nor any other gamer's as a matter of fact), plus bad scaling on PCs and improper utilization of available resources, apparently also made worse in several cases with the new patch, despite trying to fix console optimizations. So again, not expected for the user-base, and unfortunately it would look like a bad example of proper patching. It didn't affect you or you don't really care as much... well done. That still doesn't invalidate other's views.

Again with the missing features. Can I see your preorder contract from CDPR stating 100% what content/features would be in the finished product? Any product in development is not an indication of what you are guaranteed. This constant drone of missing features is mind boggling.

I haven't said anywhere that the console release wasn't trash. What is your point there?

Bad scaling on PCs? Huh? I am playing on a 3 year old build. I was able to run at 2K settings in high quality with the eye candy (chromatic aberration etc) disabled. I just got my RTX card last week and now I am on Ultra with every option on at 2K resolution. I don't understand this scaling issue.

You say because it hasn't affected me it doesn't invalidate other's views. You are correct. Just as you having apparently massive issues just running the game doesn't invalidate my relative ease.

Please also consider your opinion on gameplay in general your own, as it becomes increasingly obvious you just put all platformers in the same basket as Super Mario, all adventure games in the same basket as King's Quest and so on... I am certain most other users here, not to mention anyone with an active presence in gaming development, would consider these words overly simplistic and more close to aphorisms than actual truths and would have a completely different take on gameplay on the whole and what is considered an innovation in gameplay. If you prefer to look at things this way be anyone's guest, that is your truth. My own truth may dictate something else, then there is also the subject of the unattainable objective truth, thus the proverbial three-edged sword; anyway, this point seems to be beyond this discussion.

By all means, please elaborate.

Every example I used is in no way an aphorism. Like, at all. Since you have recently jumped into this conversation with Dingo I would advise you to scroll back to those posts to understand what was being discussed.

In any case, attacking someone's arguments on any lacking gameplay on CB2077 by trying to remove the basis of his/her argument (ie "what is gameplay") is a rather sneaky attempt at rhetoric speech than an argument that offers anything tangible/useful in this thread, to be honest (no discussion, but more of an attempt to diminish artificially another's one POV). I grant you that you have been succesful in making @Restlessdingo32 keep defending his points to you instead of progressing to other points in this thread, but still... a sneaky attempt nonetheless.

And what exactly are you doing? I had to smirk at your first dig about me living in a cave. Then at your next one regarding invalidating a persons opinion/experience. And now this one, where I am a bad, bad person because I disagreed with a different user (not you) regarding how lacking CP2077 is as a game released in 2020.

Again, I have nothing against you, I have also agreed in several points where you expressed valid arguments about CB2077, but this reply again resembles an elitist's view against all of the "peasantry" of these forums (and beyond).

I think we can all agree on sharing PERSONAL opinions (including hypothetical speech) that are based on facts concerning CB2077 as a game and its handling by CDPR by avoiding any unneeded generalities or by presenting personal views as universal truths.

My 2 cents on this reply, sorry mate...

I have no issue defending my opinion. You see it as elitist, fine. I can play the game maxed out. Have had 1 crash to desktop and 1 screen freeze. I haven't held the opinion that I am owed xyz feature because it was mentioned or shown at some point during the development of a product ie: a work in progress. I am close to 90 hours in and have had an absolute blast playing.

The whole discussion is stuck in the mud here. We have someone who thinks the game is lacking in multiple ways. Feels they are owed/entitled to 'missing' features or 'cut content' etc. Essentially the game is a let down (but still has 300 hrs into it).

Then there is myself, who feels the game is exactly what I was expecting for a title that was released in 2020. If I can get 300 hours out of any form of entertainment for $60... $70 then I am totally happy. I guess that goes with being an elitist, superior, condescending... That's the terms you stated, right?

Last edited:
I don't know why people keep thanking them for their hard work and sacrifices sentiment? First I want to say this is my first game with them and I was enjoying it until patch 1.1 which completely bricked my 60 hour game progress. But let's be clear guys I don't know what industries yall are working but these "crunch hours" aren't bad compared to other high paying office job. Let's be realistic here as well that these office job during the covid time probably can work from the comfort of home and have flexibility up the ass. If you ask auditors right now during busy season, M&A, and investment bankers they will literally kill someone to get the "crunch time" over their regular work hours. Also, don't forget these are their job and like other jobs in the world I hope they are doing their job because they are getting money for their time in the office. The "sacrifice" also a confusing choice of words because it their choice and they are getting compensated for their time putting into the work they are doing so let's stop babying them about what they are suppose to do but be critical of the lack of quality from their work. I am talking about the whole studio/company as a whole (devs and managements).

very realistic pov .... been holding back trying to think of how to word my frustration .... well put

Top Bottom