Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
I don't know why people keep thanking them for their hard work and sacrifices sentiment? First I want to say this is my first game with them and I was enjoying it until patch 1.1 which completely bricked my 60 hour game progress. But let's be clear guys I don't know what industries yall are working but these "crunch hours" aren't bad compared to other high paying office job. Let's be realistic here as well that these office job during the covid time probably can work from the comfort of home and have flexibility up the ass. If you ask auditors right now during busy season, M&A, and investment bankers they will literally kill someone to get the "crunch time" over their regular work hours. Also, don't forget these are their job and like other jobs in the world I hope they are doing their job because they are getting money for their time in the office. The "sacrifice" also a confusing choice of words because it their choice and they are getting compensated for their time putting into the work they are doing so let's stop babying them about what they are suppose to do but be critical of the lack of quality from their work. I am talking about the whole studio/company as a whole (devs and managements).
Its pretty basic...they made something I liked and i showed gratitude.

2616893(1).jpg

Also, this “explanation of the days before launch” tries really hard to make it sound like this was an issue that only became obvious right before launch... Cyberpunk spent 8 years in development, a poorly put together console version shouldn’t exist with a development cycle that long! Unless... management didn’t do its job.
The game was not in development for 8 years. That's a perpetrated fallacy by some media and many gamer's not in the know. Full-production on what we have in the final product wasn't started until 2016.

I'm not excusing this or that, purely stating the fact that the game was not in full-production (with the version we now have in our hands) for 8 years, it's simply not true.

It had multiple iterations before you could say they settled on what was shown in 2018 and in the final product.
Pre-production began around 8 years ago.

Late to the party but..

I hate this reply from CD Projekt Red. It is not really acknowledging anything. They talk about being honest with their players and yet they claim to not have seen the things base console players are reporting.

CD Projekt Red, would you be willing to play the Xbox One version of the game for 15 minutes on camera? Is that a dare you would be willing to take? Just play for 15 minutes on Twitch to prove that you did not see what console players are seeing?

Also, they mention how they are proud of the PC version. I'm happy you feel that way. But are you proud of police teleporting behind you no matter where you are? Are you proud of the AI for drivers/pedestrians? Are you proud of the fact that I drove my car into water and it just rolled in without a splash and just stopped at the bottom?

You mention fixing bugs. Are these bugs or are they features you are proud of? I would love to see some mention of the gigantic flaws this game has being addressed. Glad you're proud though, it warms my heart.

Disappointing game and a disappointing apology.
Post automatically merged:

Pre-production began around 8 years ago.
In all the projects I've been involved with, pre-production is part of the development process.

Last edited:
My message to the devs; Take a vacation.
Whilst theoretically as solid an idea as they come, where would they actually go in a global pandemic? Might as well stack it and have a six-month bender when and if life returns to something close to what we used to call normal ;)
I'd love to see it back in ps store asap, CDPR get the eddies and casual and curious ps gamers get to see what actually waits for them behind the fog of faux incandescent outrage. Win Win (y)

The game is already as good as this community deserves. My message to the devs; Take a vacation.
You sound like they are the victims here. They are not.

The situation they are in: only they themselves could have changed it. Let's remember that: they chose to put out the game in this shape, they chose to release that disappointing apology video, they chose to not show base console version until a second before release, they chose to promise a lot and deliver very little, they chose a lot of things very poorly.

This was not an accident. This was not a force of nature interrupting. They had all the tools, they had all the time, they had all the resources and the end result is what CD Projekt Red chose to release. No-one else.

They created this situation, they are not victims.

The situation they are in: only they themselves could have changed it. Let's remember that: they chose to put out the game in this shape, they chose to release that disappointing apology video, they chose to not show base console version until a second before release, they chose to promise a lot and deliver very little, they chose a lot of things very poorly.

This was not an accident. This was not a force of nature interrupting. They had all the tools, they had all the time, they had all the resources and the end result is what CD Projekt Red chose to release. No-one else.

word. Funniest thing is, they could have used Covid as an excuse to delay the game until 2021 after the first delay and noone would have been angry at them for it. They deliberately chose to release the game in this state even though they didn't have to.

Seeing this Video PR, just let the question i ask in my signature BURN even deeper
and hotter.

WHY, WHY did you DECIDE to BURN through your exellent reputation like this?
Founders and Boardpartners of CD Projekt Red? Why? Just WHY?
You guys have no Publisher Overlord, YOU are the ones holding the majority of the STOCK,
(as far as i recall it) YOU had/have enough budget to fund the development, there was
NO REASON to do this.

Outside ofc the obvious one, that can t be named here. Just why? Reputation (in my book)
is quite valuable and you threw it out the window, just why?

PS:
Yes i know they most likely don t care / bother to read the forum posts.
But as a rly old member of the community this is was i feel and want to know.

Last edited:
02.12.2021 ... Hi ,after reading CDPR commitment of quality, seeing useless questions written by ??? to co founder of this compagny ,some questions come to me...But first of all, i have to say than i m owner of an xbox one S (sold slimer of 40% than xbox one from microsoft)
1 why did the co founder send his apologize to gamer? I m a client/customer/consumer
2 what is an old gen console? 50 millions of xbox one sold all over the world,still produce and sell by microsoft . It CURRENT Gen .thera is only few serieSX that have been sold , there aren t anymore to sell ,maybe production have stopped, as for xbox elite which was limited edition
3 If there any working on cyberpunk,what happened to the Director of Quality Assurance,Release Manager,QA leads,Development Support Tester(s),Additionnal Tester (for xbox one)
4 Does this software need some certified/standard quality test before beeing release to anymarket
5 Why is it still sell as a Game?at best ,it could be a preview version,or an open beta version for pre order client if u really needed to release it on 12 X 20 n celebrate anniversary 12X 21 (beta test started wtoday befor)
6 What justify the price of 69€ in the production development ,(13 millions of copy sold,within 9,5 millions to PC client), u use clients as beta tester ,producer ,investor, n maybe subscriber of an updqte service
7 Why do u need xbox one s money from client?they are sneakly used as tester,isn t this enought n u need a loan credits or investor to dvp software for this device still produce n sell (only 3.5 million of serieSX sold more or less at this day)
8 What investors get after the release of the software, and clients
9 If you re found guilty in a law court action, will it be the same for microsoft as producer of device/seller,and open a way to do the same about it n EA partner in subscription of a pass where game are sold as beta version,client as beta tester before ready for release on pass when DLC come n beta tester works sold as shortcut kit?

Last edited:

Ya know, I can agree that CDPR was wrong. They should have cancelled or delayed the console version. So bad on them for
that. But I don't own a company, nor know how to run one. I think it's easy for people to sit there and be the armchair economist telling a multi billion dollar company how to run their business, but I don't cause I have no background in business.

However, you take zero accountability. Would you buy a used car based on a dealerships' reputation without ever test driving it? I knew something was up with the console version. I knew there would be after seeing that 2018 demo. It was far beyond the scope that was or is possible on a last gen console. Especially XBOX ONE S. Yet despite this blatant red flag you bought it anyway? Well, congrats. You learned a valuable lesson. Own it. Learn from it.

WHY, WHY did you DECIDE to BURN through your exellent reputation like this?
Founders and Boardpartners of CD Projekt Red? Why? Just WHY?
You guys have no Publisher Overlord, YOU are the ones holding the majority of the STOCK,
(as far as i recall it) YOU had/have enough budget to fund the development, there was
NO REASON to do this.

My honest impression is that I think many people overstate the budget they had available and their overall prognosis.

I don't believe GOG and The Witcher franchise are profitable enough for what they had planned for the future years and having the production of Cyberpunk pushed back may have took a blow on their financial situation.

Basically being between a rock and a hard place and this would have been one of the few resorts to take to mitigate the long term financial situation.

A calculated risk, we'll see, I hope they have enough funds to carry on and expand on these two franchises.
Post automatically merged:

However, you take zero accountability. Would you buy a used car based on a dealerships' reputation without ever test driving.

Lol, I've done exactly this with my Aprillia motorbike, I found a rare SBK replica sports bike at a dealer that was way beyond my reach to go and test ride it so I took a chance and had it delivered to me.

Safe to say I absolutely adore the bike but I was really lucky with it (still ended up paying a fortune replacing various bits though) :D.

My honest impression is that I think many people overstate the budget they had available and their overall prognosis.

I don't believe GOG and The Witcher franchise are profitable enough for what they had planned for the future years and having the production of Cyberpunk pushed back may have took a blow on their financial situation.

Basically being between a rock and a hard place and this would have been one of the few resorts to take to mitigate the long term financial situation.

A calculated risk, we'll see, I hope they have enough funds to carry on and expand on these two franchises.

Nah... i don t think so, the Netflix show gave them quite the boost, it is like i stated. There was NO reason
except for the obvious one, to do this. GoG was succesfull 2019 and even more so 2020 as far as i have
seen it. There was NO reason to burn through their good will and reputation they build up ever since
Witcher 2 days. Also, can it be that you intentionally oversee the massive preorders CP77 had? Hm?
Even now CP77 is not a financial disaster, i hope, for those who are the driving force behind this launch.
It is "dissapointing in the numbers" despite being a success financially. (yes games these days are always
behind the projected "expectations" aye?) This course of actions will impact CD Projekt Red even more in
the long run, specially with my generation of video game players.

Ofc, all we can do as outsiders, is assuming and i think we all know far to well HOW it looks.
Aye? Anyhow, all in all, i don t see any economic reason why they did it. Not when it was officially
stated that Witcher 3 got quite the sold copies when the netflix show launched aka afterwards.
As well as the massive preorders of CP77, i just don t see the URGENT reason to launch it.
Well ofc (as i stated) for the obvious one)

The future i expect to see for CD Projekt Red, makes me sad, because i have witnessed such tendecies
already, several times during my 30 years of a video game player. Ofc i am open to stand corrected in
that assumption here.

Now I agree with the overall sentiment in your post, it's just as baffling to me.

There's a few points that I feel I need to touch upon, now bare in mind I don't know the full picture so I'm just piecing information together for a rough estimate.

That's for 2019:

And this is for 2020:

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/result-center/

Bare in mind the second one is in PLN, in dollars it's about a third of the actual sum.

Now The Witcher 3 as well as it sold based on the Netflix influx, it was rarely or never sold at full price, and people went for the GOTY edition which excludes extra payments for expansions and season passes.

Considering they invested as much as 330 million dollars into Cyberpunk 2077 with the help of government funds I think financial and investor pressure is a real thing we might need to consider.

I could also be misinterpreting the sitch though, and I hope this post doesn't get deleted lolz.

Top Bottom