Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
My biggest problem with the game is that after finishing the main story line my upgrades seem to be lacking. I've still not found any modules for various outfits, some of my cyber enhancements are not even filled out yet, and there are still several level upgrades that have not been completed yet. Also not having the ability to drive the flying cars was a real let down.

yeah it seams that is on propose ..they wanted to make your growth decisions mean more by not allowing you to max out everything..
IMO people want to earn it all ( I know I do ) but so far it's still this way..
Post automatically merged:

a lot of posts refer to wanting to drive /use the flying vehicles too

Since minute one when my girlfriend gave me this game as a present, I had high standards of it. Even with the difficulties it has, I'm not disappointed. This game has so much potential it could be the best one in the decade (and it has only started!).

Keep going and improving guys, you are doing a great job!

Last edited:
Suggestion/feedback

Thanks for the roadmap that have been given and communicated so far

Just sharing my two cents; I think it would be great :cool:if there is a dedicated website or community feedback portal (instead of using the official game forum of course) as a two-way communication platform for both the users/community and the developers/studio for Cyberpunk 2077 going forward
  1. for users/community: able to give feedbacks and shares new ideas (with features such as upvote, anonymous voting, etc.)
  2. for developers/studio: such feedbacks or ideas from the community can be easily managed; for example categorization into different stage/phases (e.g.: next release, working on it, planned, under consideration, completed, etc.), label (QoL, known issues, core platform, etc.) tracking, developer comments, priority ranking and as a centralized monitoring tool by the developers/studio (CD Projekt Red)

Something like this one below (sorry if i took from another website - just for illustrative and reference purposes/example)

https://ideas.ccleaner.com/roadmap (which is based on Nolt platform - https://nolt.io/product)
CCleaner Ideas Board.JPG

Detail for each point above if clicked
Planned .JPG

https://trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap (which is based on Trello platform)
Epic Games Roadmap.JPG

Example of labels:
Label Capture.JPG

Thanks !

Last edited:
Playing on the Xbox One S, and noticed a lot of improvement from the latest patch in terms of overall smoothness and FPS. Keep up the good work. The shopping mall mission was the most fun I'd had gaming in a while.

I appreciate all the work you're doing to fix everything, but have some questions about what your plans are. A lot of features and details that were shown in promotional material even in the weeks leading up to launch are no where to be found in the game, and it seems as though there is a lot of content that was cut due to time constraints. Do you have any plans to reintroduce any of this content? Also, do you have any plans to fix many issues with attention to detail as well as making the player choice more impactful in the game as many would argue there are not enough impactful choices for the player throughout the game world.

[Roadmap updated on July 1st, 2021.]

Dear gamers,

We are committed to fixing bugs and crashes and will continue to work and improve the game via future updates to make sure you are enjoying the game regardless of the platform.

We will use this space to inform you about the progress being made on Cyberpunk 2077’s further development, including information about updates and improvements, free DLCs, and more.

Below, you’ll find CD PROJEKT’s co-founder’s personal explanation of what the days leading up to the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 looked like, sharing the studio’s perspective on what happened with the game on old-generation consoles.

Thank you

CD PROJEKT RED

This video was created in English so only the English version fully reflects our message. Subtitles in other languages were added solely for your convenience.

FAQ

Q: Why is there such a gap between PC versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and old-gen consoles?

A
: Cyberpunk 2077 is huge in scope, it features a multitude of custom objects, interacting systems and mechanics. In the game, everything is not stretched out over flat terrain where we can make things less taxing hardware-wise, but condensed in one big city and in a relatively loading-free environment. We made it even more difficult for ourselves by first wanting to make the game look epic on PCs and then adjusting it to consoles — especially old-gens. That was our core assumption. And things did not look super difficult at first, while we knew the hardware gap, ultimately, time has proven that we've underestimated the task.

Q: What was the main issue that made development for consoles that difficult?

A
: The main culprit was having to constantly improve our in-game streaming system for old-gen consoles. Streaming is responsible for “feeding” the engine with what you see on screen, as well as the game mechanics. Since the city is so packed and the disk bandwidth of old-gen consoles is what it is, this is something that constantly challenged us.

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A:
We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the crashes you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Q: Why was there a gap between PC and console reviews?

A:
We started sending out PC review keys to start the review process in the first week of December. Come December 10th, launch day, we had a really good start with PC reviews, and while it’s not perfect, this is a version of the game we were, and still are, very proud of. When it comes to the review process for consoles, at the same time PC codes were sent out we were still working hard to improve the quality of the game on old-gen consoles. Every extra day that we worked on the day zero update brought visible improvement — that’s why we started sending console codes for reviews on the 8th December, which was later than we had planned.

Q: What have you done since launch to make the game better?

A:
Our top priority since launch has been to fix bugs in Cyberpunk 2077. We have already released two bigger patches and a couple of smaller hotfixes which have improved the game, and we’re not done yet.

Q: What are you going to do going forward to fix Cyberpunk 2077?

A:
We are focused on fixing the bugs and crashes players are experiencing across every platform. You can expect more in the way of patches — both small and large — to be released regularly. Our plans for supporting Cyberpunk 2077 in the long-term are unchanged, and we will continue to introduce updates and patches to give all players across all consoles and PCs a better experience with the game.

Q: You have said there would be free DLC for the game in ‘early 2021’, will this be impacted by improvements?

A:
We’re still planning on releasing free DLC for the game, just like with The Witcher 3. However, we have decided that our priority is working on the most important fixes and updates. We will be releasing free DLC afterwards — we’ll have more to say about that in the coming months.

Q: When can we expect the next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077?

A:
We are planning to release the free, next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077 this year. We’re aiming for the second half of the year and we’ll reveal more when we have more to share.

Q: Are you making the team crunch to work on the patches?

A:
The team is working to bring relevant fixes to the game without any obligatory overtime. Avoiding crunch on all of our future projects is one of our top priorities.

Q: What is the status of the Help Me Refund initiative?

A: The initiative is progressing according to plan and we just sent out the first wave of reimbursements.

Thank you for posting this. But I really don't think the video was nessesary, we know they are working hard on it just by getting update fixes and updates.

I will say this. By far this game to me has been one of the best games I have ever played. Everything about it is perfect. This has been the only game that actually has got me back to PC gaming. I have lots of games in my steam library and this is the only game I play and only game I have 111+ hours into it. And that is saying much since I barely use to play since nothing really caught my attention like this beautiful game has. Also, if you really just take moments and walk around city only and do missions that way you really learn to appreciate the hard work it was placed in this game. It truly is masterpiece.

Kudos to all in the company for making this game and hard work. You guys deserve a medal.

Thank you for posting this. But I really don't think the video was nessesary, we know they are working hard on it just by getting update fixes and updates.

I will say this. By far this game to me has been one of the best games I have ever played. Everything about it is perfect. This has been the only game that actually has got me back to PC gaming. I have lots of games in my steam library and this is the only game I play and only game I have 111+ hours into it. And that is saying much since I barely use to play since nothing really caught my attention like this beautiful game has. Also, if you really just take moments and walk around city only and do missions that way you really learn to appreciate the hard work it was placed in this game. It truly is masterpiece.

Kudos to all in the company for making this game and hard work. You guys deserve a medal.
Just finished my 8th or 9th playthrough and once again feeling blown away by the depth of the story. The story is just about perfect for me. I certainly have not played anything better that leaves me feeling exhausted emotionally at the end of it. It is a master piece in many ways. We all have our opinions and this is mine.

Couldn't agree more mate. I get people's issues (to varying degrees of 'get') but I see straight through them and see a masterpiece game, which is always a very very nice thing to see (y)

Couldn't agree more mate. I get people's issues (to varying degrees of 'get') but I see straight through them and see a masterpiece game, which is always a very very nice thing to see (y)

Yup, exactly this.

All of my most cherished games ever, released with a slew of issues but that did not stop them from being amazing in their own right and pushed the boundaries in various ways.

Here's a few examples Neverwinter Nights 2 and Mask of the Betrayer, The Witcher 1, Mass Effect 1 (still has shoddy mechanics but at least the technical stuff is fixed), Deus Ex (still has really bad mechanics), Vamps The Masquerade Bloodlines, Knights of The Old Republic 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2 and 3, Dark Souls 1, Star Wars Galaxies Pre-CU and Post-CU etc.

None of these made me wanna flip the table and burn down any of those studios, in fact I'd give a thousand EA's for another Troika and Black Isle (and no, Obsidian is neither, Larian and CDPR are much closer).

I'm willing to bet anything that in a few years after the patches and expansions the narrative will shift just like every, single, other, time it happened.

I must admit that this topic angers me to no end [...]. We were so hyped and initially the game was stunning. But this rapidly descended into a hollow shoot'em up, void of any real content. And better yet the game can't run 30 seconds without bugging. I am an avid rpg player but I got less than a third of the way through and gave up from sheer boredom. I will never buy another product from cd and I'd imagine tens of thousands feel the same ( including some major cd investors).

I must admit that this topic angers me to no end, you lied to us though. We were so hyped and initially the game was stunning. But this rapidly descended into a hollow shoot'em up, void of any real content. And better yet the game can't run 30 seconds without bugging. I am an avid rpg player but I got less than a third of the way through and gave up from sheer boredom. I will never buy another product from cd and I'd imagine tens of thousands feel the same ( including some major cd investors).
Long story short people, don't waste your money and time. Play skyrim for the millionth time, you'll still have a better experience than this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit that this topic angers me to no end [...]. We were so hyped and initially the game was stunning. But this rapidly descended into a hollow shoot'em up, void of any real content. And better yet the game can't run 30 seconds without bugging. I am an avid rpg player but I got less than a third of the way through and gave up from sheer boredom. I will never buy another product from cd and I'd imagine tens of thousands feel the same ( including some major cd investors).

Long story short people, don't waste your money and time. Play skyrim for the millionth time, you'll still have a better experience than this.

By contrast, I liked the game just fine and want them to fix it. If I didn't, I wouldn't be posting about it months later.

I keep my expectations reasonable but still love the world.

rapidly descended into a hollow shoot'em up, void of any real content

It certainly feels like a bland shoot'em up and not really an RPG (it's quite a kin to a Far Cry game with some CnC, which - by the way - isn't really a compliment), but I'm not sure it quite sank as low as "void of any real content".

Top Bottom