Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Okey,
– I’ve try every hint from this article: “Nothing happens after double-click” (https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/212454069?product=gog)
– change regedit: “Windows 7 - Games not launching / Rundll32 related issues” (https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025926714?product=gog)
– even replace Cyberpunk2077.exe: “Cyberpunk 2077 - Crashes because my CPU doesn't support the AVX instruction set” (https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/ar...t-support-the-AVX-instruction-set?product=gog).

Still the same problem. Nothing happens. Process Cyberpunk2077.exe riches about 2GB RAM and disappeared from Task Manager. No error, no “Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined”. Even no god-dam*ed crash report. Folder in c:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Local\REDEngine\ReportQueue\ is empty!

I give up…

or does anybody have some new idea?

Cyberpunk is working!

Clean new install Windows 10, the newest NVIDA drivers and Microsoft Visual C++. And that’s all.

Hope I don’t see you again ;)

Ha, a new error

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW (0xC00000FD)

I had the same problem after the hotfix, I bought it on steam and verified the integrity of the game files. It promted a download of 24 gb's (5 unverified items), and after it was fixed.

Yes, verify/repair doesn't always fix crash problems, but it's definitely worth trying.

As frequently mentioned, PC-Crashes can be reported to CDPR support here:
or here
(click on "Contact Us" to send a ticket)

In case you are on Windows 7 please check out this information:
(click on "Contact Us" to send a ticket)

For me it always crash after the tutorial, after the cutscene where V and Jack arrive in Night City. I then sit in the car for a second and then the game crashes. At every restart always at the same point. Before that it runs pretty smooth!

Settings on "High"
System:
Sata SSD (Fresh Windows 10 with newest drivers)
Intel Xeon 12x3,42Ghz
96Gb RAM
AMD RX580 Nitro 8Gb

Getting irregular GPU crashes near the merged > Lighting line in the stack.

will go hours without a crash and then hit spots where it crashes every 5 mins (even with reboots between). Makes me think the location in the map or what is visible in LOS or render distance is causing the crash.

have tried messing with pc config settings, verifying integrity, playing as admin, disabling steam... and this really does just seem like the gpu can't handle it in some cases and just blacks out. sometimes I get the flatline report window - sometimes it literally cycles the pc.

at a loss for what else to do other than wait for 1.05

System
i7 5960x 8cores 16 threads 32Gb 3.00hz
GTX 1080 8gb vram
playing on 1920x1080 with low settings across the board in windowed borderless
patch 1.04 /nvidia 460.79
win 10 x64

Last edited:
For me it always crash after the tutorial, after the cutscene where V and Jack arrive in Night City. I then sit in the car for a second and then the game crashes. At every restart always at the same point. Before that it runs pretty smooth!

Settings on "High"
System:
Sata SSD (Fresh Windows 10 with newest drivers)
Intel Xeon 12x3,42Ghz
96Gb RAM
AMD RX580 Nitro 8Gb

Just search for "AVX fix Cyberpunk" on Youtube, you will find plenty of helpful tutorials.

I have a continuous crash at the Beat on the Brat in Arroyo. I can accept the match, walk through all the dialogue options, and follow the champion to the fight, but as soon as the champion turns around and starts the fight, the game crashes. Leaving the area does not crash the game, so I've left that mission unfinished until patched.

Just to put my 2 cents on this. Been reading the forums for the past couple of days and I'm really sorry that people are having issue with a game that's really good in my opinion.

When I got the game I literally lost my head. Partly due to the excitement and mostly because I was experiencing crashes. I could not get past the damn logo when you launch the game. Didn't matter at all what I did, different fixes, the game just wouldn't work. I said fuck it and finally reinstalled windows.

The issue was that my windows version despite the fact that I continuously updated it regularly, just didn't work properly. I had the 20H2 update but for some reason I was getting the dxd12gpu.err or whatever the hell it is called. Only when I reinstalled windows did the 20H2 version work properly and I could launch the game. This is due to the fact that the game runs purely on dx12 and windows versions below the October update just are not compatible with dx12.

So I start the game and I try ray tracing and the game continuously keeps crashing. I decide to turn it off and now running the game without Ray tracing the game still keeps crashing. At this point I'm losing my mind. Again trying different fixes and then I remembered...

My cpu was oced...

So I go into bios, disable the clock and voila.... Not a single crash afterwards.

Few other things I did and they might be connected to that I'm not experiencing crashes are :

- not running the game through gog, running directly from the folder

- no overlays from gog, icue, i dont have GeForce experience install its cancer, so disable every single software that might be overlapping the game

- run the executable as administrator

-every time before starting the game I would go to your user settings/appdata/local/cdred folder / and delete the pipeline cache for the gpu. I heard that some people had issues with it so I make sure every time I start the game I delete that file from the previous session.

And that's pretty much it what I did I think.

I'm running the game on ultra settings without Ray tracing on 2560*1440,no vsync cause I already have a gsync monitor and the game actually works like a charm besides the bugs that are obvious but nothing game breaking.

Rig that I'm using is :

I9 9900k
Evga rtx 2080ti 11gb
64gb corsair vengeance 2666mhz
Samsung SSD
Msi meg z390 godlike

Game holds a stable of 80 fps 99% of the game with ocassional dips but nothing under 60 fps. Hopefully they patch it out in the future.

Loving the game so far, yes cops are retarded in the game, don't jump on me cause I am enjoying it I'm just trying to help here.

Peace out

A few hours after I got it running it crashed again. A tech friend of mine used the AVX fix.
"
AVX is an instruction set newer processors use
your processor doesn't use that (I have an i5)
basically they made the game with as little compatability as possible
the fix allows the game not to call the AVX instruction on a processor that doesnt support it.
IF the game crashes later on consistently at a certain part ( wont say cuz of spoilers) we will revert the fix to the original and you should be able to finish playing the game in its entirety."

He uploaded a file via teamviewer and my game works perfectly now. Go through the modding community to get the file.

Update:

I get the crash on the initial CDPR logo screen.

- I uninstalled & reinstalled graphics drivers

- Deleted & re-downloaded those Visual C++ files

- Turned off all game overlays

- Verified game downloads

- Re-downloaded and installed the full 59gb game.

- Flashed the bios.

- Swapped the RAM.

- Replaced the GFX card with a brand new model.

- Reinstalled Windows 10.

I have finally got past the logo! See how far i can get...

EDIT ----- Well i managed to get past the character creation but i now crash in the lift about 1 minute into the Corpo path.

I guess its progress of some sort...

Last edited:
Continuous crash on Queen of the highway right after passing out at the bar

Version=1
EventType=REDEngineErrorReport
EventTime=0

Sig[0].Name=StackHash
Sig[0].Value=0x0000000000000000
Sig[1].Name=ErrorReason
Sig[1].Value=Assert
Sig[2].Name=InternalVersion
Sig[2].Value=3.0.3217599 P4CL: 4158334 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.1
LoadedModule[0]=Cyberpunk2077.exe
LoadedModule[1]=ntdll.dll
LoadedModule[2]=KERNEL32.DLL
LoadedModule[3]=KERNELBASE.dll
LoadedModule[4]=apphelp.dll
LoadedModule[5]=AcLayers.DLL
LoadedModule[6]=msvcrt.dll
LoadedModule[7]=USER32.dll
LoadedModule[8]=win32u.dll
LoadedModule[9]=GDI32.dll
LoadedModule[10]=gdi32full.dll
LoadedModule[11]=msvcp_win.dll
LoadedModule[12]=ucrtbase.dll
LoadedModule[13]=SHLWAPI.dll
LoadedModule[14]=ADVAPI32.dll
LoadedModule[15]=sechost.dll
LoadedModule[16]=RPCRT4.dll
LoadedModule[17]=sfc.dll
LoadedModule[18]=WINSPOOL.DRV
LoadedModule[19]=sfc_os.DLL
LoadedModule[20]=AcGenral.DLL
LoadedModule[21]=ole32.dll
LoadedModule[22]=combase.dll
LoadedModule[23]=SHELL32.dll
LoadedModule[24]=USERENV.dll
LoadedModule[25]=MPR.dll
LoadedModule[26]=SspiCli.dll
LoadedModule[27]=IMM32.DLL
LoadedModule[28]=SETUPAPI.dll
LoadedModule[29]=XINPUT1_3.dll
LoadedModule[30]=VERSION.dll
LoadedModule[31]=dbghelp.dll
LoadedModule[32]=cfgmgr32.dll
LoadedModule[33]=bcrypt.dll
LoadedModule[34]=icuin.dll
LoadedModule[35]=icuuc.dll
LoadedModule[36]=WS2_32.dll
LoadedModule[37]=Galaxy64.dll
LoadedModule[38]=OLEAUT32.dll
LoadedModule[39]=HID.DLL
LoadedModule[40]=bink2w64.dll
LoadedModule[41]=PhysX3Common_x64.dll
LoadedModule[42]=CRYPT32.dll
LoadedModule[43]=PhysX3CharacterKinematic_x64.dll
LoadedModule[44]=PhysX3Cooking_x64.dll
LoadedModule[45]=PxFoundation_x64.dll
LoadedModule[46]=PhysX3_x64.dll
LoadedModule[47]=redlexer_native.dll
LoadedModule[48]=NRD.dll
LoadedModule[49]=POWRPROF.dll
LoadedModule[50]=d3d11.dll
LoadedModule[51]=libcurl.dll
LoadedModule[52]=amd_ags_x64.dll
LoadedModule[53]=WLDAP32.dll
LoadedModule[54]=oo2ext_7_win64.dll
LoadedModule[55]=Normaliz.dll
LoadedModule[56]=WINMM.dll
LoadedModule[57]=VCRUNTIME140.dll
LoadedModule[58]=MSVCP140.dll
LoadedModule[59]=WININET.dll
LoadedModule[60]=IPHLPAPI.DLL
LoadedModule[61]=MSWSOCK.dll
LoadedModule[62]=dxgi.dll
LoadedModule[63]=dbgcore.DLL
LoadedModule[64]=icudt.dll
LoadedModule[65]=windows.storage.dll
LoadedModule[66]=Wldp.dll
LoadedModule[67]=SHCORE.dll
LoadedModule[68]=VERSION.dll
LoadedModule[69]=cyber_engine_tweaks.asi
LoadedModule[70]=UMPDC.dll
LoadedModule[71]=gameoverlayrenderer64.dll
LoadedModule[72]=PSAPI.DLL
LoadedModule[73]=CRYPTBASE.DLL
LoadedModule[74]=bcryptPrimitives.dll
LoadedModule[75]=kernel.appcore.dll
LoadedModule[76]=clbcatq.dll
LoadedModule[77]=wbemprox.dll
LoadedModule[78]=wbemcomn.dll
LoadedModule[79]=wbemsvc.dll
LoadedModule[80]=fastprox.dll
LoadedModule[81]=amsi.dll
LoadedModule[82]=profapi.dll
LoadedModule[83]=MpOav.dll
LoadedModule[84]=AMSIExt.dll
LoadedModule[85]=WINTRUST.dll
LoadedModule[86]=MSASN1.dll
LoadedModule[87]=cryptnet.dll
LoadedModule[88]=imagehlp.dll
LoadedModule[89]=CRYPTSP.dll
LoadedModule[90]=rsaenh.dll
LoadedModule[91]=nvspcap64.dll
LoadedModule[92]=ntmarta.dll
LoadedModule[93]=uxtheme.dll
LoadedModule[94]=dxcore.dll
LoadedModule[95]=GameServicesSteam.dll
LoadedModule[96]=steam_api64.dll
LoadedModule[97]=steamclient64.dll
LoadedModule[98]=tier0_s64.dll
LoadedModule[99]=Secur32.dll
LoadedModule[100]=vstdlib_s64.dll
LoadedModule[101]=napinsp.dll
LoadedModule[102]=pnrpnsp.dll
LoadedModule[103]=wshbth.dll
LoadedModule[104]=NLAapi.dll
LoadedModule[105]=DNSAPI.dll
LoadedModule[106]=NSI.dll
LoadedModule[107]=winrnr.dll
LoadedModule[108]=fwpuclnt.dll
LoadedModule[109]=rasadhlp.dll
LoadedModule[110]=d3d12.dll
LoadedModule[111]=GFSDK_Aftermath_Lib.x64.dll
LoadedModule[112]=nvwgf2umx.dll
LoadedModule[113]=igc64.dll
LoadedModule[114]=nvapi64.dll
LoadedModule[115]=nvldumdx.dll
LoadedModule[116]=schannel.DLL
LoadedModule[117]=D3DSCache.dll
LoadedModule[118]=twinapi.appcore.dll
LoadedModule[119]=mskeyprotect.dll
LoadedModule[120]=NTASN1.dll
LoadedModule[121]=ncrypt.dll
LoadedModule[122]=ncryptsslp.dll
LoadedModule[123]=MMDevApi.dll
LoadedModule[124]=DEVOBJ.dll
LoadedModule[125]=dinput8.dll
LoadedModule[126]=inputhost.dll
LoadedModule[127]=wintypes.dll
LoadedModule[128]=CoreMessaging.dll
LoadedModule[129]=PROPSYS.dll
LoadedModule[130]=CoreUIComponents.dll
LoadedModule[131]=Wtsapi32.dll
LoadedModule[132]=AUDIOSES.DLL
LoadedModule[133]=resourcepolicyclient.dll
LoadedModule[134]=MSCTF.dll
LoadedModule[135]=textinputframework.dll
LoadedModule[136]=Windows.Perception.Stub.dll
LoadedModule[137]=gpapi.dll
LoadedModule[138]=nvngx.dll
LoadedModule[139]=NvTelemetryAPI64.dll
LoadedModule[140]=DEVRTL.dll
LoadedModule[141]=drvstore.dll
LoadedModule[142]=SPINF.dll
LoadedModule[143]=igd10iumd64.dll
LoadedModule[144]=dcomp.dll
LoadedModule[145]=dwmapi.dll
LoadedModule[146]=WINSTA.dll
LoadedModule[147]=Windows.UI.dll
LoadedModule[148]=WindowManagementAPI.dll
LoadedModule[149]=d3d11on12.dll
LoadedModule[150]=dxilconv.dll
AppName=Cyberpunk2077.exe

Same flatlined issue on my side, sometimes when starting the game, sometimes after 20 minutes, sometimes after an hour. Submitted a ticket with dxdiag infor event loger info, etc... - there was no response. From my understanding there are hundreds, if not thousands of people, having the same issue.
There is no meaningful response from CDPR, just a couple of obvious steps for troubleshooting (check drivers, check win version, some amateur stuff), besides my favorite "we are looking into this". I went though all of the steps, needeless to say there was no improvement, but I think that everybody from this thread is aware of that.
This is too frustrating to bother with, so I wont play this game anymore. By the way I had no issue before 1.4 patch, which makes the whole situation even more ridiculous. I just wanted to provide an off topic suggestion to CDPR PRs and damage control staff. May be some moderatore can pass it upwards. Here is what they should have stated:

1. Say to all users with this problem "Don't play this game in the next month/half a year/year". Our patches are making things worst, we are focused on consoles now, because we screwed there even worse.
2. Offer refunds. Since there is soo neglectible numer of people experiencing this problem, that it is not your current priority, you won't suffer and financial loss.
3. And this is the most important for me, fire the person that wrote this "Cyberpunk 2077 is a DirectX 12 game — DirectX 12 works on Windows 7 thanks to porting tools and some features may be limited. Keep in mind that official support for Windows 7 from Microsoft ended in January 2020. " Are you f***ing kidding me? Stating this in a way like it is my problem that I am still running win 7? IT IS WRITTEN IN THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS THAT IT IS SUPPORTED!!! If this was enterprise SW you could have been sued for such an ignorant statemant.

Lets see how much time it will take for somebody to delete this for being off topic. I bet that is going to be a lot faster than addressing he issue itself!

Can pls one Developer say something about this problem ? Anyone work on it?

Code:
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Assert
Expression:
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp
Line: 40

"uptimeSeconds":181
"stopThreadID":6744
"exceptionCode":0x80000003
"processID":9552

Last edited:
Hi, ik there are 108 pages now. I have a similar problem to all of you, but with some diversity.
1. I have bought the Game at the GOG launcher and when I run it, the game doesn't even start and about 5 seconds later I get this "Woah Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined" error message. When I try to start the .exe file manually, I see an error message being created in the form of a text file. I have not found anything on the internet that has helped me. I have updated my Windows. Reinstalled and updated my graphics drivers. My gog overlay is turned off. I have tried this repair function from gog several times... and I don't know what to do....

One point i would like to add... I noticed that no appdata files are created.... there are no files in
appdata/local/CD Project Red/Cyberpunk2077
this CD Project Red folder doesn't even exists

My specs:

-ryzen 5 2600
-geforce 1660 super
- 16gb ddr4 ram

I've attatched the error text file...
And also a screenshot of the text file...

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077.exe-20201217-001918-17524-19964.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Errortext CP2077.PNG
    Errortext CP2077.PNG
    90.9 KB · Views: 60
i just want to play the game, i played 26 h no problem. now dont launch, dont even show the logos-----

so i format my pc, try to launch cp, from the exe work nice, after i install gog to sync my saves, and cant launch again wtf

Last edited:
I've noticed something odd, I can launch the game, play for few minutes, then it crashes, but. First first launch it shows that the game is using around 5GBs of my RAM, then after second launch it's using 6GBs of ram, but crashes faster, couple of tries more, it's using around 8GBs of ram, but crashes instantly during save load. Maybe that's the root of the problem? Same thing happens with changing memorypools.

EDIT: Checked it again, lowered settings to low, game ran a bit longer, but it crashes when it reaches around ~7,5 GBs ram used with that stupid flatlined error.

Last edited:
During the escape section, it always crashes somewhen from the second encounter with guards (in the room with the camera).

My hardware info

Code:
CPU: i7-8700K 3.70GHz

GPU: GTX 1070 Ti

RAM: 16GB

STORAGE: HDD

RESOLUTION (+ TARGET FPS): 1080+60

PLATFORM: Steam

Also from the crash reports

Code:
Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x0.
File: <Unknown>(0)

My save files got corrupted tonight after playing around in the south eastern part of the city. Luckely I save alot. So last working file was 4 hour away.... behind like 20 saves i had to check. Sucks I have to replay a bunch. But I'll go to another part of the city and put my time there.

I hope this game gets fixed in a couple of years.. . should put that early acess tag on it.

Mine runs fine when in game, stable (as much as one can ask for right now) and bugs are more in the funny side than the game breaking side.

But crashing has been annoying as hell, 99% of my crashes happen when I go to the menus to check inventory or to save the game, it just freezes and sends me back to the desktop, it rarely, if ever, crashes while on actual gameplay.

Top Bottom