Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Still crash every 0-20 mins with some flavor of

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0xE434AFF500.
File: <Unknown>(0)

.. Guys i've just read this..

My CG its an 2070S OC 8G

Really ?? This Game can make some damage ??
Are they kidding us ?
Cause now il have some issues with other "big" game now
Post automatically merged:

And im still lock with this flatlined

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201226-155832_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201226-155832_Chrome.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 394
Im having a bug with the quest Forward to death.
After i got into the construction site, i have to follow mitch and carol. Once i go to the stairs my game crashes. i loaded many saves, but still the same crash over and over. any help?

Attachments

• report.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 104
I've started to get constant crashes now since patch 1.05
System keeps restarting after certain point, which sometimes leads to Windows Repair on boot up.
Last one had a missing Kernel file error which took me a few restarts through Bios to fix.
The missing file was vsmraid.sys (system seemed to find this itself after a couple of attempts)

Only difference in my system is I've upgraded my GPU from a GTX1070 to a RTX3070, but it works fine on other games.
Would the AVX fix help with my system? (Not going to attempt until I do a new Windows Backup USB tomorrow in case it messes up my Windows Install)

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (32gb running at 3200)
MSI RTX3070 TRIOX
PSU is Corsair RM850X (so shouldn't be cutting out, only 2 years old)

I haven't overclocked anything with me only running stock coolers, apart from the RAM which i can't see causing an issue using up the max speed?

Shame as my save file is 14 hours in ran pretty smooth on the older versions. I have tried different graphical settings just can't find a common cause for the error.

Apologies if this error has been sorted previously, my last issue was the game not launching through GOG, but fixed that by uninstalling some background software.

Her brother i had the exact same issue on a brand new rtx 3080 and 3800x with 32gb of ram. Temps were all in the green cpu and gpu usage under 50% and no electrical issues.

After a while of sesrching i started to log everything in my PC and discovered that some random program was slowly using all my vram when my vram was filled at 10gb i would start to get random lags in game and the graphic drivers would stop responding and id get the same event viewer "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." I found out that slobs was forcing gpu rendering on the card and also using gpu acceleration. Turned both off and since then all issues disappeared and the game is buttery smooth. It might not be obs for you but check the vram usage and what is hogging it. Might be a part of the problem.

Yo my man - i'm running an RTX2080 myself. You said you turned of rendering/acceleration. Where'd you go to do that? Getting the same driver errors :(

Just verified Steam again and got another 7.5GB file needing downloading AGAIN!!! This is the second time i have this size file need DL after verifying!! Ive been getting crashes every 5 minutes!! Hopefully this time its fixed!!

thats a stretch. not every problem has the same solution. its nice that you could identify yours, but i seriously doubt a different psu will make a difference here.
to my experience memory seldom is stable with xmp profiles enabled without manual tweaking untill its memory that is explicitly listed in the compatiblity list of the motherboard *at its xmp frequency*. its not how it should be but thats how it is.
when building a new pc or replacing memory, its always neccesary to througly test the memory. google how to test your memory for stability and how to get it stable if it is not. its not a trivial topic. if you cant manage, just disable xmp, performance loss will be relatively small.

as above.

as above

just a hunch but it seems the source of your crashes is related to *your* graphic card, not the game. "dx12 micro issues" , sorry thats bs.
fact is that most users of your gpu dont experience your isssues. you will have to find out what is causing your problems. game patches wont fix them.

not unheard of that factory oc gpu are instable at factory oc, but the fact that your system crashes with either pbo or gpu factory oc enabled hints at a different thing. to my experience at least ryzen cpu do NOT get instable with pbo enabled, but they need a lot more power. just guesswork, as i cant look inside your computer, but it seems to me this could very well be caused by an insufficient power supply or cooling.

deffo something kaputt on your side. data corruption usually has one of three reasons:
1: bad overclocking. did you oc your system bus? if yes restore bios defaults and see if problem persists.
2: your drive is dying. i suggest you use a smart monitor to see if your drive diagnosis has anything to say about this.
3: memory instabilities. IF your drive does not think its dying, you can try to set a slower frequency for your memory in your bios and see if problem persists.

It might well be that the psu is not the solution for all, but his problem description is nearly the same like mine.
And it is no secret that the most users dont upgrade their psu's for years.

If you do activate features like xmp then, your system is needing much more power and the psu couldnt handle it. As well as you're running games like Cyberpunk (and many people bought new graphiccards these months).

Sure, XMP offers more possible problems like memory errors, but his computer can run all other titles (with xmp on) so its a much more likelier option thats a psu problem.

That caused my random memory errors in Cyberpunk and it is easily to check:

If you can run Cyberpunk the first time and youll get the error after 5-10 minutes, you can restart the game. If the problem is hitting you faster and faster every time you restart Cyberpunk, its a psu problem.

Guys,

Underclocking the GPU completely worked out for me, underclocked my 1080ti for -100 mhz in the NZXT CAM.
0 crashes, 0 bugs or anything else either, full ultra.

Kind regards,

Guest 4478408

Sure, XMP offers more possible problems like memory errors, but his computer can run all other titles (with xmp on) so its a much more likelier option thats a psu problem.

If the problem is hitting you faster and faster every time you restart Cyberpunk, its a psu problem.
no and no and no to all what i turncated too.
if it works for you i wont argue, but otherwhise just no ;)
if its a REALLY crappy psu it might overheat and shutdown the system. but memory needs very little power and its simply not a meaningful difference with xmp on or off.
xmp DOES often cause problems, especially if the memory is not on the compatibly list of the mainboard. in fact, in these cases its rather rare that xmp just works. most of the time it needs a tiny voltage bump or relaxed timings.

Guys,

Underclocking the GPU completely worked out for me, underclocked my 1080ti for -100 mhz in the NZXT CAM.
0 crashes, 0 bugs or anything else either, full ultra.

Kind regards,
gentleman. you here see the rare species of a man who takes adequate troubleshooting steps instead of blaming the game.
can i hear a huzza!

HUZZA!

Just verified Steam again and got another 7.5GB file needing downloading AGAIN!!! This is the second time i have this size file need DL after verifying!! Ive been getting crashes every 5 minutes!! Hopefully this time its fixed!!
what you should do is using a smart monitoring tool to check your drive for cancer.
in case your drive is not dying, you most likely got memory issue or suffer from random power loss.

I've started to get constant crashes now since patch 1.05
System keeps restarting after certain point, which sometimes leads to Windows Repair on boot up.
Last one had a missing Kernel file error which took me a few restarts through Bios to fix.
The missing file was vsmraid.sys (system seemed to find this itself after a couple of attempts)

Only difference in my system is I've upgraded my GPU from a GTX1070 to a RTX3070,

something is kaputt, this is not a software issue. your new gpu requires much more power then your old one, so its a reasonable assumption that it can handle the power draw and shuts down your system. this could explain your data corruption.
as a workaround, you can try to downclock your gpu. if this fixes your issue its another strong pointer toward your psu.

Really ?? This Game can make some damage ??
its not warned againsts running the game, but against overclocking.

Last edited by a moderator:
no and no and no to all what i turncated too.
if it works for you i wont argue, but otherwhise just no ;)
if its a REALLY crappy psu it might overheat and shutdown the system. but memory needs very little power and its simply not a meaningful difference with xmp on or off.
xmp DOES often cause problems, especially if the memory is not on the compatibly list of the mainboard. in fact, in these cases its rather rare that xmp just works. most of the time it needs a tiny voltage bump or relaxed timings.

gentleman. you here see the rare species of a man who takes adequate troubleshooting steps instead of blaming the game.
can i hear a huzza!

HUZZA!

what you should do is using a smart monitoring tool to check your drive for cancer.
in case your drive is not dying, you most likely got memory issue or suffer from random power loss.

something is kaputt, this is not a software issue. your new gpu requires much more power then your old one, so its a reasonable assumption that it can handle the power draw and shuts down your system. this could explain your data corruption.
as a workaround, you can try to downclock your gpu. if this fixes your issue its another strong pointer toward your psu.

its not warned againsts running the game, but against overclocking.

You are only yelling no no no without adducing reasons. Don't try to blame technicians here with your sciolism.
That won't help anyone here. Even if the psu has too less power, your computer will not blown up, you'll get errors first.

Cyberpunk is needing more power, so you'll hit the error while playing the game.

Here we go again, today. Crashing crashing crashing..This time i managed to stay in game around 20mins before get crashed..again,3 times in 40mins around. Before 1.06 had a crash or two also, but it was when i tried to...loot containers, and it's fixed. Now, 5 days can't play the game at all. Keep crashing always with:

"InternalVersion: 3.0.3235023 P4CL: 4177747 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Assert
Expression:
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp

Line: 40"

Please do not start again to blame it to hardware, because i never crashing in any other games, at maximum settings. Red Dead Redemption 2, AC: Odyssey/Valhalla, Battlefield V, Fallout 76, even Fallout 4 with 250 mods, etc, all plays fine and most important, STABLE (only crashes i had was with FO4 due to a single defective mod).
Crashing happens exclusively with Cyberpunk 2077 and with patch 1.06. I remember Witcher 3 had many bugs/glitches at release, hence the meme ''The Glitcher 3'', but i NEVER crashed, everything fixed later, and it becomes one of the best games of 2000's. I tried every possible fix,such as: Disabling XMP, underclock both gpu's, checked cpu/gpu temps, nothing. I keep getting crashes in random moments/situations, and in both computers with different hardware. I'm out of ideas what might be the root of the problem. I see people here suggesting a better PSU. My psu is 1200watt. What do i need to handle the game? 2000watt or more? I checking Steam discussions too, for a possible solution, and every single thread i check about crashes, is about exactly same crashing problems (gpuapidx12error). CDPR you should consider add DirectX11 support sooner or later. From the looks, it's clearly something wrong with dx12 at the moment.

Edit: Please FIX police spawn behavior too. Cops teleporting onto ROOFS, and inside STOREFRONTS, right behind us. Is that hard to fix the spawn behavior script? Or do we have to wait for modders once again to fix your unfinished product?

I'm starting to think this, going to try installing my windows on a new SSD, my current Windows is on an older SSD (about 8 years old now after checking last night)
If it continues i'm going to have to trouble shoot the Graphics Card, still I know Cyberpunk has issues but shouldn't be this demanding on certain hardware, realistically no overclocks on my system should only need 650w PSU, so a 2 year old 850w should be able to handle it, unless obviously it's gone faulty (but faulty on one game only?)

Guest 4478408

(but faulty on one game only?)
well its common that instability shows in some workloads but not others. its by no means certain your psu is to blame. guesswork is all i can offer.
have you looked at your drives self diagnostics? reading out the smart attributes is really easy and there are even websites that can do it.

So I started by having Cyberpunk CTD every ~20 min, reinstalling the game, upgrading my PC to 20H2, clean reinstalling the graphics drivers 460.89 and doing a remove and reinstall of Cyberpunk, I now get a BSOD every 20 min.
Steps to Reproduce CTD: Go to a market, stand still and do nothing. I was able to reproduce this BSOD 4 times in a row.
EDIT: Also, the BSOD happens regardless of graphics settings, so even when set completely to low, it still happens.

This is a brand new PC that I bought yesterday. Specs

Totally free of anything. Reseated RAM, verified BIOS settings, no manual overclock.
And as a test, I started playing CONTROL. Played for over an hour, without an issue on max RTX settings.

thats a stretch. not every problem has the same solution. its nice that you could identify yours, but i seriously doubt a different psu will make a difference here.
to my experience memory seldom is stable with xmp profiles enabled without manual tweaking untill its memory that is explicitly listed in the compatiblity list of the motherboard *at its xmp frequency*. its not how it should be but thats how it is.
when building a new pc or replacing memory, its always neccesary to througly test the memory. google how to test your memory for stability and how to get it stable if it is not. its not a trivial topic. if you cant manage, just disable xmp, performance loss will be relatively small.

as above.

as above

just a hunch but it seems the source of your crashes is related to *your* graphic card, not the game. "dx12 micro issues" , sorry thats bs.
fact is that most users of your gpu dont experience your isssues. you will have to find out what is causing your problems. game patches wont fix them.

not unheard of that factory oc gpu are instable at factory oc, but the fact that your system crashes with either pbo or gpu factory oc enabled hints at a different thing. to my experience at least ryzen cpu do NOT get instable with pbo enabled, but they need a lot more power. just guesswork, as i cant look inside your computer, but it seems to me this could very well be caused by an insufficient power supply or cooling.

deffo something kaputt on your side. data corruption usually has one of three reasons:
1: bad overclocking. did you oc your system bus? if yes restore bios defaults and see if problem persists.
2: your drive is dying. i suggest you use a smart monitor to see if your drive diagnosis has anything to say about this.
3: memory instabilities. IF your drive does not think its dying, you can try to set a slower frequency for your memory in your bios and see if problem persists.

I never turned my XMP on,, Tried different RAM kits, RAM defaults at 2400MHz with 14-17-17-35 Timings, Ran it with slightly looser timings 16-18-18-36 with manual clock adjustment @2933, @3200,, 1,36V Same results..

Guest 4478408

I never turned my XMP on,, Tried different RAM kits, RAM defaults at 2400MHz with 14-17-17-35 Timings, Ran it with slightly looser timings 16-18-18-36 with manual clock adjustment @2933, @3200,, 1,36V Same results..
sry i dont have background. does your system run stable now? whats your issue? if its a ryzen system, ryzen dram calculator may or may not work with your modules.
again not knowing your modules, slightly relaxing the timings might just not be enough to oc the memory so much. have you ever tried the lowest possible frequency for troubleshooting? imo your first goal should be to get to a state where you do not see instability regardless of performance, because at your current point you probably cant even be sure your issue IS caused by your memory.

I now get a BSOD every 20 min.

This is a brand new PC that I bought yesterday. Specs
defo not the games fault. so you bought a complete system? have the vendor fix it.

Top Bottom