Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Crashes here too, well over 100 hours in the game and now it's just started to crash. I thought it was an issue with the end mission, but no - it crashes indiscriminately for me.

The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
File: <Unknown>(0)

That's the error text, similar to others.

I have an AMD CPU - not sure if that makes a difference. (AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor 3.60 GHz)

OS info:

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎06/‎09/‎2020
OS build 19042.746
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Posting this in the vague hope that it helps a dev who might be looking at this.

The error appears no matter which graphics settings I use. It also appears for a clean install of the game.

I run this on a SSD with admin permissions, so there's no issue of it attempting to read anything that's protected. Seems like a CPU leak to me potentially?

Welp... looks like I didn't fix it, after all. I have been playing just fine for the past few days, and was just now playing for about 30 minutes. I'd hit Esc (pause) a few times, as I have been over the past few days, just to check if everything's okay. At one point, I actually needed to pause the game for a few minutes, and got the crash/reboot error that time.

Event viewer shows the similar Event ID 41...which I realize points to the possible hardware issue...but it's just so weird that it happens in Cyberpunk (somewhat randomly) whenever I hit pause.

10 day with CDR support still the same problem. :(

Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.3235023 P4CL: 4177747 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x18A80090.
File: <Unknown>
Line: 0

"uptimeSeconds":2
"stopThreadID":13608
"exceptionCode":0xC0000005
"processID":14092
"Engine/CommitFailedErrorCode@1#TID=0":"0"
"ResourceLoaderThrottler/NumThrottleTokensAcquired@30830#TID=0":"2"
"ResourceLoaderThrottler/NumThrottleTokensSoftLimit@30829#TID=0":"4294967295"
"Gpu/RayTracing/Enabled@60#TID=0":"false"
"Configuration/Name@2#TID=0":"FINAL"
"Configuration/Name2@3#TID=0":"FINAL"
"Game/Patch@7#TID=0":"1.06"
"Engine/OOM@4#TID=0":"false"
"GlobalMode/IsClosing@5#TID=0":"false"
"GlobalMode/IsGame@17#TID=0":"true"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxLatentJobs@8#TID=0":"131072"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxCriticalPathJobs@9#TID=0":"65536"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxImmediateJobs@10#TID=0":"2048"
"Jobs/InitParam/WorkerThreadStackSizeKB@11#TID=0":"1024"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxThreads@12#TID=0":"27"
"Jobs/InitParam/AllJobsCriticalPath@14#TID=0":"false"
"Jobs/InitParam/UseJobDebugger@13#TID=0":"false"
"Jobs/Dispatcher/NumDispatcherThreads@15#TID=0":"7"
"Jobs/Dispatcher/MaxHWConcurrency@16#TID=0":"8"
"Gpu/Device/Name@56#TID=0":"NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070"
"Gpu/Device/Vendor@57#TID=0":"Nvidia"
"Gpu/Device/DriverVersion@58#TID=0":"Nvidia v 46109 [r460_94]"
"Gpu/Device/TotalMemoryMB@55#TID=0":"8043"
"Gpu/Device/UsedMemoryMB@30940#TID=0":"71"
"Engine/InitParams/InteropStartingPort@18#TID=0":"0"
"Engine/InitParams/RenderPreset@19#TID=0":"1"
"Engine/InitParams/QualityLevelName@20#TID=0":"None"
"Engine/InitParams/TextureQualityLevelName@21#TID=0":"High"
"Engine/InitParams/WatchdogTimeoutSecondsOverride@22#TID=0":"0"
"Engine/InitParams/ScriptsSilentCompilation@23#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/ScriptsSilentValidation@24#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/TweakDBSilentValidation@25#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/PvdDumpToFile@26#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/ProfilerEnabled@27#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/ShowVersionWatermark@28#TID=0":"true"
"Engine/InitParams/WindowCaption@29#TID=0":""
"Engine/PC/SystemName@30#TID=0":"Windows 10 Pro"
"Engine/PC/SystemVersion@31#TID=0":"10.0.19042"
"Engine/SafeInit@3342#TID=0":"InkSystem"
"Engine/IsHeadless@33#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/VersionWatermark@32#TID=0":"3.0.3235023 P4CL: 4177747 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2 Dec 21 2020 17:10:48 (FINAL) Total memory: 28634324992 bytes "
"Engine/Scripts/PrimaryBlobModifiedDate@40#TID=0":"132547090786576248"
"Engine/Scripts/FallbackBlobModifiedDate@41#TID=0":"0"
"Engine/Scripts/BlobPathUsed@42#TID=0":"Loaded"
"Engine/Scripts/ShouldCompileScripts@39#TID=0":"true"
"Engine/Scripts/Loaded@43#TID=0":"true"
"##CrashDump##/DumpCrashDataSeconds":"0"

To those who had a stable game but then started to crash after 90+ hours : I think Cyberpunk becomes more and more unstable when you progress and clean the map (main story, side jobs, gigs...). I also experience this. I can play but in two days I had 3 crashes (freeze, black screen for 10 secs, then flatline mrssage and Nvidia TDR notification.)
My savegames are ~ 5MB. I really didn't anything special when it crashed. Afterwards, I can reload the game and it works.
So it must be related to the "complexity" of your savegame.
Shame, when you remember games like Morrowind (and later TES) where you could stock tons of stuff anywhere. (you should see my stash in Balmora's mages guild)
I fear that there's nothing we can do here. I preciously keep my "near point of no return" save but of course I wanted to do the rest before finishing the main story. Hope I won't have any trouble when I eventually meet the guy at Ember's.

I have problem with cars after drive around 200meters with any of it OR start playing after fast travel now it's only less than a minute after run for the game to crashed again and again it's unable to play at all unlike before the hot(fix?) update
when will it be fix to be able to play ? just to play... really....
Loading game >>> Crashed
Save game >>> Crashed
Start running >>> Crashed
Call an NPC ...... guess what ...... CRASHED!!
Good day to you all devs

1611308953003.png

Last edited:
10 day with CDR support still the same problem. :(
Patch hopefully today or Monday.

To those who had a stable game but then started to crash after 90+ hours : I think Cyberpunk becomes more and more unstable when you progress and clean the map (main story, side jobs, gigs...). I also experience this. I can play but in two days I had 3 crashes (freeze, black screen for 10 secs, then flatline mrssage and Nvidia TDR notification.)
My savegames are ~ 5MB. I really didn't anything special when it crashed. Afterwards, I can reload the game and it works.
So it must be related to the "complexity" of your savegame.
Shame, when you remember games like Morrowind (and later TES) where you could stock tons of stuff anywhere. (you should see my stash in Balmora's mages guild)
I fear that there's nothing we can do here. I preciously keep my "near point of no return" save but of course I wanted to do the rest before finishing the main story. Hope I won't have any trouble when I eventually meet the guy at Ember's.
But then when you start new game you should be able to play... ok send me your save game I will test it at my system.
Post automatically merged:

you also can try do this:

@ klaus_mitffoch,
you misread me. I can play but I feel that I crash more often that I used too. Until recently I had one crash per week, now it's one per day. That's all. Maybe these are coincidences, I dunno.

So i wanted to see what is happening during crash and found this in process dump:

In Cyberpunk2077.exe.3676.dmp the assembly instruction at Cyberpunk2077!NVSDK_NGX_D3D12_Shutdown+1ae7e3 in C:\GOG\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\Cyberpunk2077.exe

getting constant crashes as of late too, can't even play for a minute and the game freezes then crashes, after playing nearly 400 hours crash free, 130 hours on my current save and I kinda get the feeling it has something to do with that. All my drivers and system is up-to-date, fresh installed GPU drivers, verified game files. I swear to god if the incoming patch doesn't fix this I'm gonna lose it, game is unplayable as of now.

New patch installed (Steam). Early days but first impressions are excellent, went straight to two missions (Ghost Town & Beast in Me: Badlands) that were causing crashes and had zero issues. Hoping for more of the same.

Installed 1.1 patch (GOG). Started the game ... loaded the last save ... zeroed few gangers... so far so good.
Unfortunately when I tried opening the inventory for the second time - crashed again (the same problem since 1.0)

Installed 1.1 patch (GOG). Started the game ... loaded the last save ... zeroed few gangers... so far so good.
Unfortunately when I tried opening the inventory for the second time - crashed again (the same problem since 1.0)
bomb them with send report button every single time

Now we have 1.1

Not 1 second of gameplay :(

i have the same problem after the new patch the game doesn't start anymore

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x7FFEA047D5E0.
File: <Unknown>(0)

Patch hopefully today or Monday.

But then when you start new game you should be able to play... ok send me your save game I will test it at my system.

you also can try do this:

Nope :( stil the same problem.

Now we have 1.1

Not 1 second of gameplay :(
#metoo :(

Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.3256355 P4CL: 4197920 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Unhandled exception
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xC9440090.
File: <Unknown>
Line: 0

Cyberpunk crashes after pressing "Play" in CD Project Red launcher.
How to fix it?

I tried restarting PC and installing latest Nvidia driver. It didn't help

Spec:
Windows 10 LTSB. Steam version. Build 5946255
Nvidia 1060 6Gb

Install this mod, i had the same problem and now it works

to whoever has problem to start the game with last patch,
install this mod

I can't progress the game because trying to load the only manual save i have, during "the pickup" quest, the game instantly crashes after loading and the WHOLE PC SHUTS DOWN! I'm stuck on this from a week and not gonna start again the game for the 4th time! I guess i saved when i should have not, but the game allowed me to do so! I'ts a problem I carry from 1.06.
I've put up a powerful rig in preparation to this damn game.
First time i restarted just cuz i wanted to play the game slower and on hard difficulty, second time the game of my girfriend saved over my last automatic save, and now this..
I don't see any crash report, maybe because the PC restarts the game can't make one.
Can anyone help me? Damn i love this game..
Gaming should be fun but this is getting frustrating.

Last edited:
Hello does anyone still have GPU driver issues with DX12 api ?
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp
Line: 40

"uptimeSeconds":275
"stopThreadID":9972
"exceptionCode":0x80000003
"processID":4860

Unfortunately the problem still persists on my rig and I can play still only on medium settings.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077.exe-20210123-232139-4860-17040.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 116
Top Bottom