LoadedModule[154]=TextShaping.dll
AppName=Cyberpunk2077.exe

One of these might help:

If it crashes randomly during the game:
  • Clean-install GPU drivers
  • Validate game files via GOG or Steam
  • Flash your BIOS and enable the XMP profile for your DRAM
If it crashes when trying to launch the game:
  • Try to start Cyberpunk2077.exe directly from the installation folder without GOG or Steam
  • Reinstall the game
  • Contact Steam support

Here's another thread about performance issues, including crashes:

If it keeps crashing, contact CDPR's official tech support:

I REALLY WANT TO PLAY

I feel passionately about

sitting on my ass and playing PC

at my retirement days but

there's obstacles on horizon.

Yesterday this game began knocking out my PC,,. Today same rumba but it crashed for the last time.

Now safe files are corrupt too,I checked integrity from Steam and they're as solid as Adam Smasher.

PC works fine otherwise and doesn't heat up playing this game even when streaming game live.

I found some unrelated registry errors but a lot of NVIDIA errors.

In fact it's probable cause but beyond my skills to deal with.

I did DDU GPU drivers and reinstalled but in vain.

PC AT TWILIGHT ZONE WITH THE GAME:

• AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (4450MHz & 4550MHz oc & custom liquid cooling)

• ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

• TridentZ Neo 3600MHz 64GB (CL16-16-16-36 at basic DOCP)

• RTX 2080 Ti (oc & custom liquid cooling)

• Corsair Force MP600 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD PCIe 4.0 (where game files are and test results A. Smasher quality too)

• 1250W PSU

I have more crash reports and diagnoses if needs (screenshots)

The errors on DxDiag found are just timed AV updates I missed

Pls help me! I'm wasting my retirement

or switch to AC Valhalla

and won't be back judging from the past...

[Edited -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
RTX 2080 Ti (oc & custom liquid cooling)

This is where I'd focus if you suddenly started seeing crashing. Overclocking can often be unstable (or become unstable, even if it was stable before) for a lot of different reasons. Heat is not the only concern. There are a lot of things with voltage and the way a game is syncing with other parts of the system that can cause issues. One of the first steps in troubleshooting should be to ensure that all hardware is returned to factory-default clock speeds and voltage settings, then leave them at defaults until the cause is found. (This goes for underclocking as well, not just overclocking.)

I found some unrelated registry errors but a lot of NVIDIA errors.

In fact it's probable cause but beyond my skills to deal with.

I did DDU GPU drivers and reinstalled but in vain.

This would be my next stop. Conflicting or empty Registry keys means that the drivers have probably gotten borked over time. Which happens!

0.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

1.) Grab the version of drivers you want to use, but don't install them yet. I strongly recommend getting Nvidia Reference Drivers directly from Nvidia.com in case you're using manufacturer drivers or tweaked drivers. Just have them standing by.

2.) Completely uninstall Nvidia Drivers (video, 3D, audio, PhysX...ALL of it) using DDU. This will leave the resolution of your screen looking all weird. Correct. That's what we want.
  • Also -- completely disconnect from the internet at this point if using Windows 10. Physically unplug the LAN cable from the computer if possible, or unplug your wireless router, otherwise. Win10 will automatically download and install drivers if it finds them missing. We do not want to do that.

3.) Use CCleaner to scan and fix Registry errors. (You can back them up if you want, but there's rarely any need. An empty key is an empty key.) Keep running the scan over and over again until it reports "No conflicts". Restart your PC. Run the registry scan repeatedly again. Restart the PC. Keep that cycle up until CCleaner reports "No conflicts" immediately following a restart.

4.) Install the new drivers using the CLEAN installation option.

^That will ensure that you are running a fresh installation of the drivers you want. Updating them is always fine. If you ever decide to roll back and see weirdness or instability, then the process above is the way to go.

* Also, sadly, CCleaner (while still free and still very useful!) seems to be getting a little more cheeky with their "marketing". Be careful that you're downloading the free version...not the "trial" version, which is just the paid version as a limited use demo.

This would be my next stop. Conflicting or empty Registry keys means that the drivers have probably gotten borked over time. Which happens!

0.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

1.) Grab the version of drivers you want to use, but don't install them yet. I strongly recommend getting Nvidia Reference Drivers directly from Nvidia.com in case you're using manufacturer drivers or tweaked drivers. Just have them standing by.

2.) Completely uninstall Nvidia Drivers (video, 3D, audio, PhysX...ALL of it) using DDU. This will leave the resolution of your screen looking all weird. Correct. That's what we want.
  • Also -- completely disconnect from the internet at this point if using Windows 10. Physically unplug the LAN cable from the computer if possible, or unplug your wireless router, otherwise. Win10 will automatically download and install drivers if it finds them missing. We do not want to do that.

3.) Use CCleaner to scan and fix Registry errors. (You can back them up if you want, but there's rarely any need. An empty key is an empty key.) Keep running the scan over and over again until it reports "No conflicts". Restart your PC. Run the registry scan repeatedly again. Restart the PC. Keep that cycle up until CCleaner reports "No conflicts" immediately following a restart.

4.) Install the new drivers using the CLEAN installation option.

So I tried AC Valhalla, it crashes similarly 1-2 min after launch. I've paid for CCleaner and SB S&D (home ver. No registry fix option but I have other reason to consider upgrade to Prof. which has it. As I think of it even they suggest using CCleaner to check registry stuff) but which would be more usefull in this case a SB has deep root scan?

I'm quite well aware which does what but bar when I change registry is very high nevertheless. And I did remove all drivers almost, what DDU can and didn't allow Windows to load them for me either, but the registry leftovers makes sense more I give it a thought.

I never modded games and OC on GPU is 8 000MHz NVIDIAs metrics (1 000MHz on MSI AB) or 16Gbps in reality on memory plus 100-150MHz MSI AB (2055-2085MHz 2070MHz seems sweetspot overall oc) for core. Although, never been issue before, with Intel CPU either. Exept some ingame graphic stuff like overkill water effect. Not denying it can't be from the OC, but I'll try registry cleaning & taking OC off from GPU. And well see that if I need to start planning on next GPU, feel like RTX 2080Ti is currently my bottleneck, or some turtleneck.

And by the way can CPU OC effect on this? There's 4550MHz on better half and 4450MHz on lesser half non-stop of my 5950X, which is my first AMD ever. I know it can get to some 5 GHz for 1 core if GPU needs feeding, but this way it seem to run best and stablest as well without it thinking it's clock numbers etc...

Also, could fan composition play role, 5V & 12V are effected at least, and/or 3,3V too. The mobo I use has worst fan headers I used, capable on was 3A for CPU fans and rest 1A. I use 6x 0,12A 120mm fans on main CPU pin at bottom grill and 3x 0,12A on OPT at top grill. Even all combined it wouldn't need more that 1,08A at 12V, but can only get them on some 1100 CPU and 1 400rpm on OPT out of 1 500rpm. Yet 1A chassis fan header with 3x 0,55A 140mm (1,65A) for GPU liquid (radiator outside case lol) gives them 2 700/3 000rpm not some 2 000rpm as basic math suggests. Are these a sign of bigger power regulation issued?

Thanks for everything already
Post automatically merged:

Headers were worse than I've allowed myself to remember. 1A current max per header, only water pump has 3A, AIO pump that 1A again... I'll just divide the load I guess between main and OPT both get 5 spots spreaders, GPU fans never get past 50% and that's inside the 12W (1A x 12V) marging anyway...

Last edited:
ISo I tried AC Valhalla, it crashes similarly 1-2 min after launch. I've paid for CCleaner and SB S&D (home ver. No registry fix option but I have other reason to consider upgrade to Prof. which has it. As I think of it even they suggest using CCleaner to check registry stuff) but which would be more usefull in this case a SB has deep root scan?

I'm quite well aware which does what but bar when I change registry is very high nevertheless. And I did remove all drivers almost, what DDU can and didn't allow Windows to load them for me either, but the registry leftovers makes sense more I give it a thought.

This part I wouldn't touch for now. These scans have nothing to do with your drivers; they will test your file system and correct errors. It's possible that this may work, but best bet is to work systematically from the simplest things to the most complex things so that a.) you cover all the bases and b.) you're sure of which step(s) had an effect.

In general, I don't recommend using any of the features of the "paid" versions of these types of utilities. They're not normally a problem, but they also don't do anything that users can't quickly and easily do by themselves. Rarely, they can create problems -- especially if you're using such a tool that conflicts with a present Windows version or something.

Think of DDU and CCleaner as honest utilities that take something that's super-simple but super-time-consuming to do, and they make it faster for free. (Kind of like cutting a lawn with scissors versus using a free, mechanized lawnmower.) The "paid" stuff is more like getting a free lawnmower...and paying an additional $89.99 to add a memory foam seat and headlights in case you want to mow your lawn at night.

In a sense, I'd be more than happy to pay for CCleaner. I wouldn't be interested in the extra utilities even if they offered them for free.

I never modded games...
This is goody.

...and OC on GPU is 8 000MHz NVIDIAs metrics (1 000MHz on MSI AB) or 16Gbps in reality on memory plus 100-150MHz MSI AB (2055-2085MHz 2070MHz seems sweetspot overall oc) for core. Although, never been issue before, with Intel CPU either. Exept some ingame graphic stuff like overkill water effect. Not denying it can't be from the OC, but I'll try registry cleaning & taking OC off from GPU. And well see that if I need to start planning on next GPU, feel like RTX 2080Ti is currently my bottleneck, or some turtleneck.

And by the way can CPU OC effect on this? There's 4550MHz on better half and 4450MHz on lesser half non-stop of my 5950X, which is my first AMD ever. I know it can get to some 5 GHz for 1 core if GPU needs feeding, but this way it seem to run best and stablest as well without it thinking it's clock numbers etc...

This is mostly irrelevant. Even if the problem is not being caused by the OC, the OC can still be exacerbating the issue or causing other issues that result in the issue that results in the crash. It's just a simple step 1 when troubleshooting: return all hardware to factory defaults. If we find the issues simply disappear, we likely have our answer right there, and it's then possible to play around with the OC values until a more stable setup is found. If it winds up being something else, we can simply turn the OC back on after fixing the issue.

And yes, definitely, OC on the CPU, GPU, RAM, VRAM, etc. can and will affect such issues. Be sure all hardware is set to default clock speeds and voltage, then test other things from there.

Also, could fan composition play role, 5V & 12V are effected at least, and/or 3,3V too. The mobo I use has worst fan headers I used, capable on was 3A for CPU fans and rest 1A. I use 6x 0,12A 120mm fans on main CPU pin at bottom grill and 3x 0,12A on OPT at top grill. Even all combined it wouldn't need more that 1,08A at 12V, but can only get them on some 1100 CPU and 1 400rpm on OPT out of 1 500rpm. Yet 1A chassis fan header with 3x 0,55A 140mm (1,65A) for GPU liquid (radiator outside case lol) gives them 2 700/3 000rpm not some 2 000rpm as basic math suggests. Are these a sign of bigger power regulation issued?

Technically, it could be, but I highly doubt it. The only thing that might worry me is power supply...but you said you've got, like, 1250 watts or something. Whatever, 1000+ watts should be plenty of overhead for your system and a fridge. (Please, do not try to run a fridge on a computer's PSU.)

About the fans, anything over 1500 rpm is totally not necessary. Anything from 800-1,200 should be plenty to keep a gaming system cool. 1,500 rpm with a 2080 ti is probably not a bad idea if you're going to OC, but It should certainly not be living at that speed.

2,000 - 3,000 rpm fans are mostly for bigger servers and stuff. No fans should ever be idling at those speeds, though. Idle should be between 300-500 rpm. Under load, they should reach 1000-1500. If your system needs more than that to keep things below 80°C under stress, I'd say there's likely an airflow issue with the actual system. Maybe some of the fans are in backwards or something.

Thanks for everything already
No worries! It's all part of knowing one's chrome. :p

So I did a really clean reinstall and it's working just like it did before, at least unoverclocked (that even a word?) So thank you for guidance at the "really clean reinstalling", which by the way, almost escalated to reinstalling OS...

Have any of the patches fixed the Windows 7 issue where looking in a mirror causes a crash. The workaround was to lower FPS to under 20 during those scenes.

So I did a really clean reinstall and it's working just like it did before, at least unoverclocked (that even a word?) So thank you for guidance at the "really clean reinstalling", which by the way, almost escalated to reinstalling OS...

"Unoverclocked" is now a word. It is done.

What did you re-install? There's no "escalataed" way of reinstalling an OS. Not sure what you mean there.

However it works though, if it fixed the issue, huzzah! Now, if there's no reason to change something, change nothing. Don't update drivers. Don't install new utilities or features. Try to leave Windows, drivers, DirectX etc. totally alone. (If there's a problem with something and you discover it's likely the GPU drivers, for example, then update them.)

Have any of the patches fixed the Windows 7 issue where looking in a mirror causes a crash. The workaround was to lower FPS to under 20 during those scenes.
I don't think so. I never saw that issue on my end when trying to get it running on Win7. I'd put money on it being a DirectX issue, and no, there's no way for a program to patch such things (if that's what's causing it). DirectX 12 is now part of Windows Update, including the Win7 "version" of DX12. Hence, problems like that which persist will likely require a full reinstallation of Windows to fix. If that's the case, I'd recommend:

just install win 10.
Yup. Windows 7 was excellent for gaming, and it remained robust and stable for a long time. I often said that I'd give it up when they tore it from my cold, dead hands. While trying to fix my DX12 issues to get CP2077 to run, it finally killed me and tore Win7 out of my cold, dead hands.

As soon as I respawned, I just upgraded to Windows 10. Not was I able to play CP2077 without issues following that (only 2 crashes during a ~50 hour playthrough), but almost all of my other games received a pretty significant performance boost. I can run games like Monster Hunter World and Elite Dangerous at full-ultra settings at 1440p at 60 FPS. Most importantly, legacy titles seem to have almost no issues running on Win10. Windows 8 and 8.1 were a pain in the toofus for a lot of older games I still play. That was one of my major reasons for delaying the upgrade for so long.

But for people on Windows 7 that are experiencing ongoing issues with Cyberpunk (or other games!), I highly recommend making the move to Windows 10. It's a lot better than Windows 8/8.1. A lot better.

just install win 10.

Why then did they said it would work under Windows 7. Per you the solution everyone on a Playstation should do is just buy a PC.

I don't think so. I never saw that issue on my end when trying to get it running on Win7. I'd put money on it being a DirectX issue, and no, there's no way for a program to patch such things (if that's what's causing it). DirectX 12 is now part of Windows Update, including the Win7 "version" of DX12. Hence, problems like that which persist will likely require a full reinstallation of Windows to fix. If that's the case, I'd recommend:
It 100% is related to DirectX 12. The program makes a call that is not supported. Now Microsoft never actually created a DX12 file for Win 7. However, they allowed game companies to write their own "wrapper" Blizzard did this and created a wrapper for WOW. CDPR was the responsible party to create the needed wrapper and include in in their installation. Otherwise they should never have said it was Win 7 compatible.

I would not write or complain if they simply said Win 10 required. Of course I wouldn't have bought the game. Right now this just adds to their credibility problem.

I'm leery of updating to Win 10 because of some very bad experiences by others I know. I don't want to do a clean install as I'll lose to much that I have on this PC. When things go wrong you have to wipe everything and do a fresh install. There is no undoing the update process. I'm not against Win 10 as I use it for work. It's the getting there that I'm really worried about.

Last edited:
Why then did they said it would work under Windows 7?
System requirements are not "recommended for enjoyable experience". It rather is the absolute minimum what you need to run the game. If looking into the mirror works when frames are below 20 FPS, then Win7 is compatible. Whether or not you can enjoy playing at such low frame rate is a completely different story, and it depends from person to person. Everyone needs to adjust the settings for their setup. If it's not delivering desirable results, you need to upgrade your hard/soft-ware, or refund the game.

System requirements are not "recommended for enjoyable experience". It rather is the absolute minimum what you need to run the game. If looking into the mirror works when frames are below 20 FPS, then Win7 is compatible. Whether or not you can enjoy playing at such low frame rate is a completely different story, and it depends from person to person. Everyone needs to adjust the settings for their setup. If it's not delivering desirable results, you need to upgrade your hard/soft-ware, or refund the game.
Incorrect. System requirements mean the game should work without CRASHES. The game is NOT running on Win 7. It crashes unless you do some crazy shit. Now CDPR also did not come up with this fix. Myself and another person figured it out. If we didn't try all kinds of stuff there wouldn't be a workaround. You clearly have no concept or idea of the problem. I get 50-60 FPS EXCEPT during a few cut-scenes and when looking into a mirror.

[...]

Why then did they said it would work under Windows 7. Per you the solution everyone on a Playstation should do is just buy a PC.

Because it will work under Windows 7. However, getting my system 100% up to spec with the rickety way DX12 was implemented into Win7 is my responsibility. In my case, it would have required a complete drive wipe and reinstallation of Windows 7 and all updates.

I wasn't going to do that, as this is not the first time I've had to forego some feature or driver option because I didn't have Windows 10, yet. Thus, I opted to finally make the switch to Win10, instead. And...problem solved. (Understand, I have been outrageously stubborn about these things over time. But if I'm going to intentionally be stubborn, I can't complain when banging my head against the wall results in a headache. I need to just pop some Tylenol and continue banging. I've also managed to get through many a wall with nothing but my head.)

So, it is possible to get it working if you're determined. It may simply take a lot of work since support for Win7 is now completely and utterly discontinued. To me, it wasn't worth it to reinstall the Win7 if there was a chance I might miss a step and have to do it again. And since a reinstallation of the OS was necessary either way to get it running, I went with the path of least resistance. It was time.

It 100% is related to DirectX 12. The program makes a call that is not supported. Now Microsoft never actually created a DX12 file for Win 7. However, they allowed game companies to write their own "wrapper" Blizzard did this and created a wrapper for WOW. CDPR was the responsible party to create the needed wrapper and include in in their installation. Otherwise they should never have said it was Win 7 compatible.

I would not write or complain if they simply said Win 10 required. Of course I wouldn't have bought the game. Right now this just adds to their credibility problem.

I'm leery of updating to Win 10 because of some very bad experiences by others I know. I don't want to do a clean install as I'll lose to much that I have on this PC. When things go wrong you have to wipe everything and do a fresh install. There is no undoing the update process. I'm not against Win 10 as I use it for work. It's the getting there that I'm really worried about.

Exactly. Cyberpunk may be a bit more complicated under the hood than other titles that have utilized DX12 on Win7 (of which there are actually very few). If players want to tackle it, then they'll have to deal with whatever problems crop up on that end, send in tickets to Support, etc. It's the same for all such games, but I'd imagine, based on what I was seeing from my own experience on Win7, that it's probably not worth the struggle. Not when there's a much easier and totally free solution standing right out in the open.

But, to each their own. If you're determined to stick with Win7, then I bet you'll wind up with a playable game in the end. Might be quite a hike, though, depending on what sort of issues you're encountering.

Incorrect. System requirements mean the game should work without CRASHES. The game is NOT running on Win 7. It crashes unless you do some crazy shit. Now CDPR also did not come up with this fix. Myself and another person figured it out. If we didn't try all kinds of stuff there wouldn't be a workaround. You clearly have no concept or idea of the problem. I get 50-60 FPS EXCEPT during a few cut-scenes and when looking into a mirror.

Crashes have nothing to do system requirements unless you're under the minimum or so far over the maximum that the architecture no longer applies. The vast majority of stability issues across all titles are a result of the PC not being correctly configured for gaming. A "bug" in a game is universal -- every single person on the face of the planet will see exactly the same thing in exactly the same spot for exactly the same reasons. That's a bug. As I stated, I completed my ~50 hour playthrough of the game with only 2 crashes, and neither one occurred twice. That proves the game is actually in stable shape, even if it's extremely particular about what it will and won't play nicely with. (Witcher 3 is much the same way.)

PC players will always need to tweak their system to solve issues with whatever title if they pop up. Just because I'm seeing an issue doesn't mean that everyone else is as well. Just because I'm not experiencing an issue doesn't mean there isn't one for other players. If I'm playing on a system built of non-standardized hardware and software, and I'm experiencing weirdness, it's up to me to figure out what on my system may be causing the issue. Figuring out if it's a system problem or a game problem is really simple. A quick Google search will return one of two things:
  1. Direct hits with players experiencing the same issue across PC, Xbox, Playstation, Switch, etc. This is likely a bug.
  2. Random and scattered issues that apply to only pockets of players on only certain platforms. This is likely system config.
Many people believe that if there's a problem with a game, it's automatically the studio's responsibility to fix their issue. This is mistaken. No studio is responsible for providing perfection. Most problems that appear are on the user's end. It's then a very good idea for studios to try to address those problems if they can. Many "fixes" that are included in games are not implemented because there's anything wrong with the game -- they're attempts to add tweaks and workarounds because some random driver or widely-used 3rd-party app is conflicting with a game function. Just because a studio takes the time to address such things does not mean that it was the studio's responsibility nor that they were in any way required to make such a change. It's often the shortest distance between two points, so there's no reason not to hop in and help.

End result is:
If I'm intending to game on PC, then learning my machine and getting into the nitty-gritty will be needed regularly. That's both to fix issues that result from system config, and to help identify actual bugs which can later be patched. This is how it was in the 1980s. This is the way it stayed over the decades. This is the way it will remain in the future. Not liking it doesn't change it.

Windows 7 DirectX support is finicky. That's the reality. Support for Windows 7 is completely discontinued. That's the reality. Fixing any DirectX issues on Windows 7 is the user's responsibility. That's the reality.

Like I said, you can get it working, but it will likely involve the following:
  • A complete drive wipe and reinstallation of Windows 7 to ensure all applicable Windows Updates introducing DriectX 12 fucntionality are applied in the correct order.
  • A roll-back to driver versions that will be compatible with DX12 on Win7. Newer driver versions will probably have issues.
  • Deactivation or uninstallation of any software that may conflict with DX12 on Win7.
  • Special permissions being activated on the Win7 game that you wish to run in DX12 mode.
  • Specifically modified .DLL files to replace standard GPU driver or audio files to be compatible with certain hardware running in DX12 mode on Win7. Depends on your CPU / GPU combo and driver versions.
I'm 100% confident I could get it working, but I'd be expecting weeks of trial and error since there's no way to contact Microsoft for support anymore. Thus, I opted to just Win10 it.

Last edited:
Because it will work under Windows 7. However, getting my system 100% up to spec with the rickety way DX12 was implemented into Win7 is my responsibility. In my case, it would have required a complete drive wipe and reinstallation of Windows 7 and all updates.

Another one that thinks a crash is somehow working. CRASHES in case you don't know means it's NOT working.

A "bug" in a game is universal -- every single person on the face of the planet will see exactly the same thing in exactly the same spot for exactly the same reasons.

You don't even realize that you just confirmed what I've been saying. EVERYONE and that means EVERYONE on Win 7 has these crashes and for the exact same reasons. It's a bug in their code. Thank you for playing.

But you are actually wrong about a bug. I'm sure you've seen bugs where V falls through the earth and the game crashes. But according to you V should fall through for everyoneat that exact same spot. Or at least V should fall through the earth. A bug does NOT have to impact everyone.

Last edited:
You don't even realize that you just confirmed what I've been saying. EVERYONE and that means EVERYONE on Win 7 has these crashes and for the exact same reasons. It's a bug in their code. Thank you for playing.

This is incorrect. Most crashes are a result of a game conflicting with something on a given player's PC. This will normally be due to any number of things on my end:
  • I am overclocking my system. The non-standard voltage and clock speeds are processing data in a way that the game cannot utilize. Solution: I must lower or disable overclocking whether I want to or not. It's not compatible with the game.
  • I have an incomplete or incorrect driver installation. Perhaps, I've used manufacturer or tweaked drivers. Perhaps I've rolled back drivers incorrectly, and the files have become mix-matched across more than one version. This may result in instability. Solution: I must re-install my drivers to be compatible with the game, whether I want to or not.
  • I have 3rd-party software installed that is directly conflicting with the game's functionality, resulting in instability. This is incredibly common with aggressive anti-virus software, for example. Solution: I must disable or uninstall the conflicting software, whether I want to or not.
  • I am missing Microsoft Redistributables that are required for the game to function correctly. Very common problem for people that install this or that package that comes along with games. Things like Visual Studio and Visual C++ can and will have issues if an older version is somehow installed after a newer version has already been installed. Even though they install side-by-side, the installation packages can inadvertently overwrite shared files that will create conflicts. Solution: I need to manually update my MS Redists from oldest to newest, whether I want to or not.
  • I am trying to run the game on an operating environment that is less than ideal. This can go either way -- trying to run newer software on older operating system versions, or trying to run much older software on modern operating systems. Either can result in instability. Solution: I need to manage my OS installation to ensure it is compatible, whether I want to or not.
When a game says "support for Windows 7", that does not mean, "support for Windows 7 on every conceivable combination of hardware and software including installations that are several years old and have never been managed." Not possible. That's up to the player to sort out.

But you are actually wrong about a bug. I'm sure you've seen bugs where V falls through the earth and the game crashes. But according to you V should fall through for everyoneat that exact same spot. Or at least V should fall through the earth. A bug does NOT have to impact everyone.

No, they don't. In fact, upon initial release, neither did I. I was able to play through all three openings until the first hotfix was released, then I could no longer get past the first 5 seconds of gameplay on Nomad when I started a new character. I'm used to this, as I've encountered issues like this ever since my first computer game on a C64. It's never been any different. I could tell immediately that something on my system was conflicting. I confirmed that it was functions that were expected, but missing from my system. They were unanimously due to GPU driver files. Not gameplay files. This was a problem with my system, not the game.

It took me about a day to figure out that it was due to DX12 calls, and about two weeks of struggling with it later, I was convinced that fixing it would require a complete data wipe and reinstallation. It was my choice to stick with Windows 7, get my hardware running on it, even though Windows 7 support for my GPU had been limited at best for nearly three years. It was my responsibility that I did not remain current with Windows Updates, and had 98 pending updates, 6 of which (at least) were specifically for DX12 functionality. It is not CDPR's responsibility to ensure that my Windows 7 installation is up to spec with what the game requires. It is not a studio's responsibility to manage my computer hardware and software.

Thus, I had one of two solutions available. Either I reinstall Windows 7 to ensure that I have all necessary DX12 files, and then begin the process of figuring out which GPU driver version I'll need to avoid conflicts with my GTX 980 ti. And that GPU is absolutely going to have issues trying to run DX12 on Win7. It didn't take much research to figure that out. No one forced me to buy that particular GPU. No one forced me to maintain a Windows 7 installation, and no one but me is responsible for getting that particular combo of hardware and software working. (Although, many studios will attempt to help, anyway.)

If you're seeing conflicts on Windows 7, it's probably going to be very tricky to fix them. A studio can only support a game as far as DX12 on Windows 7 is supported. And Windows 7 is no longer supported. That is Microsoft's decision -- it has nothing to do with CDPR or any other studio. And that leaves us with what we've got right now. DX12 support for Win7 is spotty. Period. But it works just fine once one gets their system in shape. I can find numerous gameplay videos that are clearly running on Win7 with no issues. It will be up to the player to put their system in exactly the balance that the game is looking for, and viola, it will work.

If not, then you are free to upgrade to Windows 10, free of charge, and the game's DX12 problems will be solved. It's up to you.

Last edited:
this morning my mouse started to have very high sensitivity without me doing anything (I dindn't change settings on windows or whatever). What does cyberpunk have to do with it? simple: even in the game the sensitivity of the mouse has become very high but, and above all, become very, very unstable! it crash after few seconds or just a bit longer or, at worse, even in the main menu before I can even load a save! It never, ever happened before! Something "strange" happened to my PC with this morning mouse "madness", but I don't know what and why it affects cybeprunk in this BAD way: in other games the mouse speed problem is present sure (but i can turn down the sensitivity in game settings to solve, even in CP2077 of course) but apparently there aren't continuous crashes like in CP2077 (but I haven't done extensive test yet) while sadly At the end I can't play this game anymore!
i have a rtx 3070 with latest current driver (466.47). Apart from that, I have not done anything strange or particular with the pc to justify this strange behavior and it doesn't seem to me that windows has done some automatic updates that could have created problems. I'm confused and shocked, since yesterday it was all ok :(

Last edited:
this morning my mouse started to have very high sensitivity without me doing anything (I dindn't change settings on windows or whatever). What does cyberpunk have to do with it? simple: even in the game the sensitivity of the mouse has become very high but, and above all, become very, very unstable! it crash after few seconds or just a bit longer or, at worse, even in the main menu before I can even load a save! It never, ever happened before! Something "strange" happened to my PC with this morning mouse "madness", but I don't know what and why it affects cybeprunk in this BAD way: in other games the mouse speed problem is present sure (but i can turn down the sensitivity in game settings to solve, even in CP2077 of course) but apparently there aren't continuous crashes like in CP2077 (but I haven't done extensive test yet) while sadly At the end I can't play this game anymore!
i have a rtx 3070 with latest current driver (466.47). Apart from that, I have not done anything strange or particular with the pc to justify this strange behavior and it doesn't seem to me that windows has done some automatic updates that could have created problems. I'm confused and shocked, since yesterday it was all ok :(

Hm that's weird. My thoughts:
  • Any new devices? Headsets, hubs, monitors?
  • Do you use software like Logitech G HUB? (when the app crashes it could change the DPI setting of your mouse, because the mouse has its own preset.)
  • Older BIOS versions on Ryzen systems can cause USB instability.
  • Try a different USB port and check your motherboards manual which ports are connected with the CPU.
  • Try to set CPU priority to high on apps that are related to your mouse or the game in the task manager.

first of all thanks for the answer. In order:

-no
-no
-bios is the latest, apart from that until this morning I never had problems (yes, there is always a first time I know XD)
-I will try
-I will try

Before I go on I have to say two things. I completely agree about win 7 AND I had no issues at all on my WIN 7 os playing this game. That is when it first came out with the very first patch. Later patches gave me problems so I reverted back and just played the game as if it was day one with the first patch and LOVED the game for over 150 hours.

Any way I finally came up against an irresistible force, god dam STEAM (may be everyone not just steam) no longer sells the kind of games I want that will work with win 7. So I was forced to go to win 10. I refused for years for all the reasons you hear from loyal win 7 fans. However, this last year I was willing to upgrade but win 10 would NOT load on my machine as an upgrade. "ERROR on second boot up" every dam time and I tried everything on the internet to fix this with out losing my old programs and settings from win 7.

Finally found a solution this last weekend. I purchased a new drive (solid state, I was going to get this anyway not because of upgrading the os) and install to THAT drive while I had my other drive power unplugged from the PC. Edit the boot so it will not boot from my old drive. After the win 10 install on the new SSD I plug the old win 7 drive back in to the power. NOW I have win 10 running, AND my old drive as a extra drive that I can go to to strip out what ever I need (Old programs, my custom settings, personal files, all of it!) to migrate over to the new drive. This did take me a few days to get everything and I had to get a few of the old programs most recent versions but it was worth it in the end. I was also pleased to see that because my win 7 was a PRO version I was given the pro version of win 10 and THAT means I can set it to turn off all telemetry except for virus related "phone calls" to "Daddy" Microsoft. :rolleyes:

OH, and... keep this a Secret, but MS will still allow you to do a full FRESH install of win 10 os using the old win 7 key... :sneaky:

Last edited:
Top Bottom