Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Okay game starts up fine, can make a character and play through the life path section of the game. Not sure it matters but played Nomad when this happened, haven't tried it on any of the others. Basically as soon as the cut scene time skip after the life path end the game crashes, report sent in, but wanted to just wanted to report it here as well.

Restarting the game and starting with a fresh character still got the issue as well as reloading from various saves all ended with the issue.

Two other minor bugs I encountered in the nomad life path, I can't collect the Album at the gas tanks overlooking the small town, and can't interact with the container near the people working out in the town the one with the man squatting in front of it.

Other than that the game ran great even on my system was really enjoying myself.

My drivers are the latest version, so I know that's not the issue.

Last edited:
I did report to cdpr, multiple crash reports, etc. Did a slew of troubleshooting methods/tactics, and all no good.

Update on my fix... I was a boosted monkey.
The one thing I didnt check was.... My Nvidia drivers.

Fixed it now and seems to run.

same problem. If you check on steam community ,soo many people are having the exact same problem . game runs fine till you finish creating your character and then it just keep crashing when you start the game

Same here, bought it on Epic Games platform
It crashes on launcher as OP said, not after char creation.

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x0.
File: <Unknown>(0)

Checked the error and i found is somewhat related to RAM problems, though i've tested mine and everything went smooth

Last edited:
I have the exact same problem at the same location.

The error log gives me the following thing:

Error reason: Unhandled exception Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)
Message: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.
File: <Unknown>(0)

i7 950
GTX 670 4gb
8gb Ram
Windows 10

I am having the same issue. I got to play for a couple of hours and then it blue screened my PC and now it gives me the flatline error when clicking play. I am bought it on steam.

I run on an AMD R9 390 (yes too old I know) - updated drivers still crashes same spot. Just as reference for others trying this fix - didnt work for me.

I had gpu drivers right before the release of the game, so I am up to date there. And they specifically call out Cyberpunk game ready driver support. Support to crash! :D

Quits on me when the CD Project Red logo appears due to a memory error 0xC0000005. Happens to me through Steam or GOG. Running well above minimum requirements and other taxing games work fine. No overclocks or other programs running. Been dying to play this for years and am getting pretty upset.

I got into the elevator after Jackie dropped me off (street kid life path) and my PC Blue Screened. I have update my windows, Nvidia drivers and disable GoG overlay. When I press Play on the Redlauncher it tries to launch and then goes to Whoa! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined.
I have sent a dozen reports trying to play this.

1607573088013.png

Top Bottom