Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
I suppose it's a bit different. This thread is about "App can't be launched". Not crashes while gameplay.
Post automatically merged:

I would definitely recommend reporting the issue to https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/ as it seems to be a happening a fair bit.
Already did

Hello, the game crashes on startup
Yup, same thing

I suppose it's a bit different. This thread is about "App can't be launched". Not crashes while gameplay.

Already did

Yup, same thing
I turned off the game controller, everything worked

Same thing for me! Nomad path, right after loading screen when you enter night city!

Tried everything out from fresh drivers reinstall to rollingback. Tried every settings combinations.

Sent a ticket, let's hope it get fixed soon...

Flatlining during character creation

GOG launcher

edit, my flatlining seems to be on a timer, after a couple minutes play time it crashes

Last edited:
Checking in here... Crashing after getting into Night City as nomad (after the cutscenes), every time.
Windows 10 x64
On Steam
i7 @ 4.2GHz
1080Ti (Driver 460.79)
48GB RAM
2x Samsung 850 EVOs in RAID 0

Last edited:
My game is not even starting, as soon as i press play it just shows me the game has flainted. BTW what is every1's game size after the download has completed? Mine is only showing 59 gb and i guess it should be more than that.

My Specs:

I7 - 9750h
Geforce 1660ti updated with latest driver for cyberpunk.
16gb ram 2660 mhz

Last edited:
Same here - GOG launcher - Hit Play - CD Project displays - crashes

From crash report

Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.3214677 P4CL: 4155897 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x0.
File: <Unknown>
Line: 0

Winblows 10 x64
i7-8700k
32GB RAM
M.2 Drive (game location)
EVGA 2080 Super

TBH - they should of delayed it again to do more QA. Nothing makes a gamer more pissed off then waiting for a game release and then unplayable at launch for hours.

Same here, Corpo campaign "sit down V" instant crash 100% of the time. after doing it twice I decide to switch over to one of the nomad lifepath. and I got a lot farther though I was very paranoid about sitting down I did not expect the game to immediately crash right after the cutscene that's supposed to be our time jump. I also tried out the street kid life path and I couldn't even get out of Alleyway outside the bar because the game immediately crashed. hopefully we'll get some patches in the morning.

For those with game crashing at startup, try looking for ingame overlays in your game launcher (steam, gog, or epic) and disable them. Nvidia has an in game overlay too. You can only disable it by disabling shadowplay entirely from the geforce experience. Dunno about AMD.

Another one is both main gpu's have drivers released for this game, so get those.

And the other troubleshooting is clearing the games cached files and verifying the installation. Gog and Steam have different ways to do this, and you can google-fu them up.

Slightly different error - crashes entering Jackie Wells trailer

Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Same here: flatline error (Unhandled Exception?) when leaving the bar as street kid, and when finishing the cut-scenes as nomad. (I can see that I'm sitting in the car just as the crash occurs.)

The game ran fine through the whole starting scenario, but I cant find a way to continue after I get to Night City.

Reboot, latest drivers, etc. I know my card is old - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (the queue for a new card is wicked and I'm stuck until January) - but Ive lowered my settings to the bare minimum, and everything was excellent up to these transitions.

Can we expect a patch soon? My feeling is that this isn't a dramatically complex fix.

Saineolai

I got all the way until I encountered Royce. I had one crash before that, and then it crashed on game start up, but restarting the PC did the trick. Now everytime I enter the room with Royce the part where
you can either sneak past him, or fight him
, my game crashes. Anyone else getting stuck here?

+1 to track.

Game crashes to desktop when transitioning into the overworld of night city. Unsure why but it seems to be tied to the character being in the outdoor area of night city. The game runs stably in the badlands and indoors.

Yup. I'm getting non-stop crashing now, myself. I fiddled with the resolution...and bam. The game was running fine, and now I can't even get to the tutorial, even after a complete reinstall. Crashing during character creation, too.

This is the nature of bugs!

Just keep on sending in those reports. (And do make sure you grab the latest Nvidia drivers if you have a Geforce card!)

Bought through steam. Pre-loaded and install the 0 day patch just fine. Getting flatline as well. In the bug report, under:

stacktrace:

(Line 3) Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.

# Breadcrumbs appears to be under:

gpucrash-2020-12-09_21.27.25.726.log:

GPU Crash Reason: Unknown

Dumping Breadcrumbs
Breadcrumbs: ----
Breadcrumbs: Command list '[ 713: 2] StartRender': Finished [1]
Breadcrumbs: Command list '[ 740: 1] <<-merge FrameTick': Finished [1]
Breadcrumbs: Command list '[ 743: 1] FrameTick': Not started [2]
Breadcrumbs: Command list '[ 743: 2] StartRender': Not started [1]
Breadcrumbs: Command list '[ 743: 3] RenderGraph_Blank': Not started [1]
Breadcrumbs: Command list '[ 743: 4] EndRender': Not started [1]
Dumping Breadcrumbs Complete

# I am unsure where Aftermath is however, 2020-12-09_21.27.15.093.nv-gpudmp requires a compiler so that could be it.
# So it's a GPU crash error in my case, and others have said that updating their Nvidia Drivers fixed it for them, however it hasn't for me, I've used the Driver Uninstaller provided on the technical problems page of the website to clean install my drivers. Still no joy.
# Windows, Nvidia Drivers and the game itself is up to date.
# I have tried disabling G-SYNC
# I have tried disabling Windows Fullscreen Optimizations
# I have tried Disabling my Precision X1 (My GPU Software)
# I have ensured Steam In-Game Overlay is disabled
# I have tried launching directly from CyberPunk2077.exe in the game's bin folder
# I have Verified Game File Integrity through steam

I got as far as the character creation screen then crash. Now, however I cannot launch the game without a CTD.
System Info:
Disk Drive: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
RAM: 16gb DDR4
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super

**Edit**
I am now attempting a fresh reinstall of the game. Will post results after completed.

**Edit 2**
fresh Install did nothing. I give up, if this issue isn't resolved in a couple days I'm refunding.

**Edit 3**
Deleting Appdata/Local file for the game allows the game to start, however game still crashes after character creation. Day 2, still can't load.

**Edit 4**
Patch 1.04 has not fixed the issue for my pc. Cleared Appdata/Local for the game and still no joy after 1.04. Day 3 still can't use.

I have sent a Technical support message. I'll try to be polite here. I have spent $60.00 on a product which I cannot use. I've jumped through hoops and optimistically troubleshooted the software I was given for 7 hours to no avail. If I am unable to use this product by 12/14/2020 I will refund this game and not purchase again. Needless to say I will not be purchasing a product from CD Projekt Red at launch ever again. Thanks to all who have helped me on the forums, if anyone finds a fix to this issue please reply to my post so I can enjoy this game as many others are right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom