Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
need help
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xED5F70.

need help
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xED5F70.

Try turning on SLOW HDD MODE in the gameplay options. I had exactly the same issue as you and it seem to fix it for me. It also doesn't seem to affect load performance.

Another sucker with the AVX issue and a W3690. Runs really nice up to the point where I have to sit in a chair. I know I'm a cheapass but this requirement wasn't listed in the specs at all. I suspected this would happen but eh, you win some, you lose some.

Guys I've found the way to play for a bit after a few-hours reseach.
My i7-7700HQ suppose to have AVX but seems like it was off. Maybe his will help you guys too.

for Win 10
- Press Win+X and open the command promt with admin rights
- type bcdedit /set xsavedisable 0
This will enable your AVX

To Disable AVX: bcdedit /set xsavedisable 1
Verify and repair the game after this.

Best of luck to y'all.
After doing bcdedit, do you need to reboot? Without a reboot this did not change the output of my cpu info from coreinfo (listed earlier in the thread), and thusly, did not stop the crashing.

Last edited:
Another sucker with the AVX issue and a W3690. Runs really nice up to the point where I have to sit in a chair. I know I'm a cheapass but this requirement wasn't listed in the specs at all. I suspected this would happen but eh, you win some, you lose some.
Got AVX issue too on i7 this needs to be fixed before refund!!!!

Just want to make sure: all the windows users here have either (a) windows 10 or (b) windows 7 with Directx 12 correct? The game is not supported on DirectX 11.
Yes direct x is fine please fix AVX godly moderator or else lose lots of customers, not every good pc is AVX aaaaah!

Tried all the workarounds nothing works, my XEON has SSE4.2 which is the older instruction extension should still be able to play. Dont tell me my dual XEON 6 core with a 12 threads ( 24 thread total) with over 50GB in RAM and 8GB Vram cant play this? FIX IT this stupid issue, all you are doing is making sure no one trust CDPR anymore after this. You used to be the shining light of 3A gaming industry...now you look more and more like Bethesda...or worst EA

Hey there, I just tried to run the installer and it says I don't have visual studio (which I don't)

Which file should I download?
I'm on Windows 10 X64
Post automatically merged:

which installer did you use?

GOG, post edited

Thank you but instead could you give us information on AVX.
Frankly, I'm not sure what you mean. I solved another users problem by mentioning the Directx 12 exclusivity and thought there may be a few people eyeing this thread that have the same issue.

Slightly different error - crashes entering Jackie Wells trailer

Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Same Here, Annoying AF.

i7-7700K Kaby Lake
16GB DDR4 RAM
GTX 1060 6GB

I can't even get to the main menu ffs.

Just want to make sure: all the windows users here have either (a) windows 10 or (b) windows 7 with Directx 12 correct? The game is not supported on DirectX 11.
Time of this report: 12/10/2020, 15:57:09
Machine name: WANT TO RUN CP2077
Machine Id: {*****************}
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: 4158B5F
BIOS: Lenovo ThinkStation BIOS Ver 61KT50.0 (type: BIOS)
Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz (24 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 50056MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 50048MB RAM
Page File: 12909MB used, 42137MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0546 64bit Unicode

Frankly, I'm not sure what you mean. I solved another users problem by mentioning the Directx 12 exclusivity and thought their may be a few people eyeing this thread that have the same issue.
YIKES MOD are you not even reading these threads? We have a huge portion of people unable to play because of AVX instruction sets being triggered and CPU's not having AVX but guess what the System Requirements do not state a need for AVX. I'd say a good portion of people are waiting for an answer for if they'll fix it or if we should just refund en-mass our games.

Top Bottom