Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
ps: for all the others that are using X58 CPUs like i7 920, Xeon X-Series and other non-W non-Hexacore-CPUS:

Might be worth to check out eBay for this W3690 beast, they cost arround 50 bucks, have unlocked multiplier and can easily be overclocked to 4.2+ GHz. Mine is running at 4.5 GHz.

Especially when your X58 CPU is a Quadcore, Hexacore is totally worth it!

Yes, it's ancient. But if you can get it to work on that toaster, it gives hope to the rest of us who have machines from this century. ;)

Hey hey little man. Watch your tone when addressing my vintage i5! It's got pedigree! Hell it runs MSFS and Half Life Alyx.

I'm getting 30-35fps on mid high on cyberpunk so well it's playable. I don't think it will last me one more year but this pc has been a total champ!

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x8.
File: <Unknown>(0)

ehhh.........
help

Exact same crash here, just Flatlined, with ILLEGAL INSTRUCTION, I don't even come into the character setup screen.

However, I must confess, I'm ashamed to try this first on my Core2 Quad CPU ;) Still, it works fine with all other games. I have an update incoming but annoying that I can't play the game I just purchased today.

The hex-edit fix didn't work (in my case). Maybe the Core 2 Quad lacks more than just the AVX instructions?

it lacks SSE4.2, i think there would never be a fix for that... Sorry :/

I am sure that at some point this will also be the case for CPUs w/o AVX. I am lucky it's not yet for my use cases. Cyberpunk was close enough :D

Last edited:
I had this error launching the game after 5 and half hour of gameplay:

Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x0.

My crash occurred on the first starting logo.
Who have my same problem do this:

1607641937538.png

DELETE CACHE FOLDER AND USERSETTINGS FILE AND IT WILL RUN FINE. ALSO SAVES WILL STILL BE IN THE GAME!

GG to everyone!

i am having same issue it crashes even before i can play the game trying to launch the game it used to work fine when i 1st downloaded it but what could be the issue i uninstalled it then installed it that did not work so what is going on plus to try to stream it ooof that was a bitof a nightmare so what is going on?

I have a amd ryzen 9 3950x 16 core processor
64gb ram
2080super graphics card rtx
and the file is on a 2tb firecuda sata drive
and nope it does not want to work!

Last edited:
I have a 10700K & RTX 2070 Super with 32GB of RAM.
I keep crashing every single time, can't even play for 10 minutes sometimes even a single minute or two and it just crashes to the desktop.

that hex fix or whatever didn't work for me at all.

Im so frustrated, i have been trying to get this goddamn game to work for almost 15 hours now, played it flawlessly for an hour and a half, and as soon as it crashed, it won't stopped crashing, i tried changing the thing with the hexadecimal editor but same thing, they released this game when it was not ready yet, such a disappointment.

edit:
i have a I5 9400 & GTX 1650 with 16 gb of ram

I had this error launching the game after 5 and half hour of gameplay:

Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x0.

My crash occurred on the first starting logo.
Who have my same problem do this:

View attachment 11074832

DELETE CACHE FOLDER AND USERSETTINGS FILE AND IT WILL RUN FINE. ALSO SAVES WILL STILL BE IN THE GAME!

GG to everyone!
As my game doesn't launch AT ALL, the local files are not even created, the crash happens before !

Can't even start the game without getting the flatline issue. Game worked great this morning. Now non stop crashes, and no fix in sight. I've tried every single "solution" recommended, Turn off overlay, Driver updates, Clean-Boots, etc, and no luck. Computer is new, decent graphic card, etc. Will this be fixed any time soon or should I just refund it and get it on PS4.

I have a similar problem using a Xeon X5460.
In my case, I cannot even launch the game.
I already tried the hexadecimal fix, without any result.
In both cases, I get EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION error.
My procesor has SSE4.1
Is it enough, or is SSE4.2 required?

I had crush with error GPUAPIDX12ERROR on last nvidia drivers and last windows. I did cleand reinstall nvidia drivers and it helped.

Crashed with the AVX fix while speaking to Dex ih his ride. Two times, one was GI Pool allocation error, another one no crash report. Going to sleep, try again tomorrow. Possibly Fidelity FX issue, haven't checked yet.

Crashed with the AVX fix while speaking to Dex ih his ride. Two times, one was GI Pool allocation error, another one no crash report. Going to sleep, try again tomorrow. Possibly Fidelity FX issue, haven't checked yet.
It is it's working great for me bro ;o it's def a Fidelity FX issue

Hey everyone.

A lot of posts and I just want to know if my separate issue is also common.

I've seen many people talk about their games Flatlining when they try to open the game or first walk outside after making a character however my issue is different.

I'm able to play sometimes for an hour or more followed by an out of nowhere flatline crash to desktop.

Sometimes it happens after twenty minutes.

I'm on an i9 9900k with an MSI RTX 3090 Gaming X TRIO.

Windows 10 64 bit game running as administrator with all the drivers updated etc.

Just a brutal glitch as it can happen mid mission or right after a hard mission and all progress after my last save is gone.

Hoping for tips to solve or at least confirm I'm not alone.

I have already posted a solution which is ugly but at least working.
The game crashes whenever your character need to sit down in a vehicle or chair while there are a lot of surround dynamic changing objects around him and it triggers scripted dialog - my guess is during this process AVX instruction is called - so for now and to skip this crash point you can start Intel emulator .
It worked for you, however the emulator is not found after installing the sde from intel. *shrug*

I think ray tracing might be the issue, i'm currently running @ 1440p Ultra setting with DLSS @ Qualtity with 90fps+ with my 10700k / rtx 2070 super.
played through quite the mission and it hasnt crashes yet.
But the moment i enable Ray Tracing it's boom to desktop haha

Top Bottom