Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
any fix for the "flatline" issue yet?

seems it crashes when i have RTX on, when i have it off it seems like no crashes

AVX's fix works if u have old CPU that not support that technology, but not all of ours have this problem, I tried it for the error :
" e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40) "
and doesn't work, wait till they update the game, but I think I'll die before it lmfao

I7-970, RTX 2070, 20H2 Win 10 with all updates, newest GPU drivers
Steam, Street kid bar crash & after cutscene crash
I avoided bar crash with "load previous quick save than load quick save made during crash scene" it worked and i managed to continue game till the cops cutscene wich ends with another crash.
i tried:
1. Check files - 2 times
2. Run from admin without steam or RED Launcher
3. Clean reinstall GPU drivers
4. Deleting cache folder, etc exept modifying .exe

hothing helped, still got crash, even when i try to go up in the elevator from the underground parking, same in bar and same after cutscene

I7-970, RTX 2070, 20H2 Win 10 with all updates, newest GPU drivers
Steam, Street kid bar crash & after cutscene crash
I avoided bar crash with "load previous quick save than load quick save made during crash scene" it worked and i managed to continue game till the cops cutscene wich ends with another crash.
i tried:
1. Check files - 2 times
2. Run from admin without steam or RED Launcher
3. Clean reinstall GPU drivers
4. Deleting cache folder, etc exept modifying .exe

hothing helped, still got crash, even when i try to go up in the elevator from the underground parking, same in bar and same after cutscene
Your CPU does not have the AVX instruction set. So updating the EXE or waiting are your only options :(

AVX's fix works if u have old CPU that not support that technology, but not all of ours have this problem, I tried it for the error :
" e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40) "
and doesn't work, wait till they update the game, but I think I'll die before it lmfao

About the "Gpu Crash for unknown reasons" error - I think I managed to kinda dirtyfix it and maybe it will work for someone else too (my game crashed for like every 1-10 minutes before).

Things I did (which did not work but maybe still mandatory to run the game in it's current state):
- clean installed the game after the release
- deleted GPU drivers via DDU and reinstalled them to the latest version without the GeForce Experience
- disabled all the possible overlay-able apps (in my case that included discord, f.lux and all the messengers that possible have an overlay functionality).
At this point I still got the game crashes.

Next, the tweaks after which I could play for like couple of hours and exit by myself and not by crash (but still don't know maybe it's just a one lucky try, got no time to test more):
1. Downclocked my GPU (minimized the GPU clock and decreased the GPU memory clock for like 10-15%).
I used ASUS GPU Tweak Tool btw cause I got an ASUS gpu, but this, i think, could be done via other softs like MSI Afterburner)
I think I need to mention that I did not overclocked my GPU before, so it's a downclock from the stock settings.
2. Disabled all XMP settings in BIOS and let my RAM to run on auto/stock freq (stock ram freq is like 2400 while it was set to 3200 MHz)
3. After all the actions above I ran the game from the prelauncher (with admin rights btw) binary (<steam directory>\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077/REDprelauncher.exe), not from the Steam.

Wish you guys luck!

Last edited:
Managed to get a bit through the game. Been occasionally crashing but managing to play.
Now I came across the flashback mission where you are Johnny Silverhand, and once I'm pushing away the guy who tries to block me, my game crashes. Tried many solutions listed here, it just keeps crashing at that point.

Not sure if this has already been posted/tried, but I turned off all Ray Tracing and it was very stable compared to previously. I was able to play for 40 minutes without a hiccup. Not ideal, but better than hardly being able to play at all....
Post automatically merged:

Crashing at fixed points ingames are almmost 100% from this problem. Random crashing and game not launching are 100% not.
I just posted, but in case you miss it.....try turning off all Ray Tracing. I did that last night and was able to play for 40-ish minutes without a hiccup. First time I shut off the game voluntarily lol

Follow up on the hexadecimal fix: played for a couple of hours now, done a few missions. Game works fine, no more crashing. Encountered some bugs on the combat tutorial (the grenade took forever to explode), but could be unrelated. Highly recommend the fix.

Faverodefavero are you Programmer, how do you do this? Its very interesting to know for me? Why you know which hex code do something?

Just got this in the mail (removed a few private things)!
Don't know if anybody else has posted an answer in this thread, but they're looking into patching the AVX instruction calls.
-----------------------
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and for your report.

Regarding support for CPUs that are not supporting AVX Instruction Set, we are working on it.

Regards,
Ashka

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 at 17:45, CD Projekt Red - Support <no_reply@support.cdprojektred.com> wrote:

Game: Cyberpunk 2077
Platform: PC
Category: TECHNICAL

Issue Title: My game crashes

Select a platform: Steam
Version: 1.03
Email (beware typos!): -
Short description of the issue: Game crashes after calling on AVX instructions; very reproducible, happening to everyone I've spoken to so far with a non-AVX CPU. Will there be a patch for users whose processors don't support AVX?
Thanks in advance!

Just got this in the mail (removed a few private things)!
Don't know if anybody else has posted an answer in this thread, but they're looking into patching the AVX instruction calls.
-----------------------
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and for your report.

Regarding support for CPUs that are not supporting AVX Instruction Set, we are working on it.

Regards,
Ashka

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 at 17:45, CD Projekt Red - Support <no_reply@support.cdprojektred.com> wrote:

Game: Cyberpunk 2077
Platform: PC
Category: TECHNICAL

Issue Title: My game crashes

Select a platform: Steam
Version: 1.03
Email (beware typos!): -
Short description of the issue: Game crashes after calling on AVX instructions; very reproducible, happening to everyone I've spoken to so far with a non-AVX CPU. Will there be a patch for users whose processors don't support AVX?
Thanks in advance!
they already answer yesterday to this question, stop harass them... and for AVX instructions you have a fix found by a player : https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/34

Top Bottom