Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Can't provide any screen shots, as my system goes "Nope, nope, nope" after and hour to three tops of play. AMD Drivers crash and stop working, resulting in CTD, with screen flickering and ending in static snow and auto re-boot of PC.

Playing on Low-Mid settings, while in game everything runs smoothly. Windows 7 64 bit, Radeon RX 580 8gb, Ryzen 5 1600, 16 GB of RAM and an the game installed on an SSD.
taste the PRO driver (do not put a drive in mouth, install it in OC) and lower the rx580 frequencies.
It still doesn't work. If you don't have SSE4.2
You can play any SSE / AVX if you have 8 or more CPU threads ( only Intel ) with this Intel Software Development Emulator

Last edited:
Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)
Message: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.
File: <Unknown>(0)

I got this after the introducing cutscene on Nomad storyline, even after patch
AMD Radeon HD 7950 Series
Intel Xeon X3450

Just a couple of quick notes:

1.) The game requires DirectX 12. If you're playing on Windows 7, be sure you have all of the Windows Updates installed. It will not work without the full suite of Win7 DirectX 12 port updates installed.

2.) Be sure you are updated to the Nvidia 460.79 drivers using a CLEAN installation, if applicable. (I also recommend doing a DDU uninstall first, then CCleaner on the Registry before installing the new version of the drivers.)

3.) If you used any of the AVX modifications suggested on this page -- always make sure to restore your original .exe BEFORE you run an update. (The marketplaces should detect and overwrite the .exe, but who knows what issues may result if they don't.)

4.) Por favor, verifique / repare su instalación si algo sale mal. Siempre que el tráfico en los mercados sea tan alto, es probable que haya problemas de pérdida de paquetes. La corrupción aún puede ocurrir.

5.) Asegúrate de enviar todos y cada uno de los bloqueos a través de la función de informes del juego.

6.) El soporte CDPR ahora está activo.
[URL unfurl = "true"] https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc [/ URL]

Asegúrese de leer las preguntas frecuentes y seguir todos los pasos indicados para su problema particular antes de hacer clic en "Contáctenos" al final. (Sí, todavía hay problemas con el juego, pero omitir los pasos básicos por frustración solo ralentiza todo. Lee primero).

[/CITAR]

¿Qué es el DDU y el AVX? Perdona mi ignorancia pero estoy perdido.

Ive got high end system (9980xe processor, RTX 3080, 1TB Nvme SSD, 32GB RAM) and cannot play this game for more than 10 minutes without a crash. Tried DDU and fresh drivers, disabled all programs w/ overlays, reinstalled the game fresh and i still continue to crash after about 10 minutes of gameplay. I thought it could have been the GPU at first (power delivery since first batch of 3080) but even after downclocking the core it continued to crash. I just dont know what to do at this point.

God, this is such a complete mess.
Tried everything, including underclocking my 3090 RTX.
Nothing helps at all. It all comes out the same - endless crashes. Can't play the game for longer than 10-15 minutes without crashes.
Forget glitches... this is just... ridiculous. What the hell is this?
This is just... bad bad bad. So much time wasted trying to implement fixes. First with CPU compatibility because the game had issues with a 3950x Ryzen. Then GPU "fixes" which don't work.
Complete, absolute, idiotic disaster of a launch. There was no reason to make this game available to ANYONE.
Whatever devs are complaining about "crunch time" should instead be fired and replaced by people who can prevent basic issues from occurring.
And I speak as someone who STILL thinks the Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time. I wouldn't of thought this level of incompetence would be possible for a studio that produced that masterpiece.
I have the same issue cannot play the game for more than 10-15 minutes without a crash. Have a RTX 3080 card. Completely unplayable

a lot of surfing on the Internet suggests that ONLY RTX series cardholders have no problems. In any other case, you get a crash sooner or later. Plus you get excessive RAM consumption from .exe This will probably never be fixed, or it will take another 8 years of development. Lol Anyway, think about look at what you are fighting for: The game world is empty and dead, linear tasks are stupid, not logical and incoherent. The characters are not memorable and have no history, there is nothing that could generate interest in the game. For those who, like CDPR, do not understand the meaning of the word "variability", I will explain - these are not 130 different pistols, pants and upgrades. Variability is 3 or more key differences in each branch of the passage, the decisions made in the dialogues should globally change the final result. There is nothing like this in cyberpunk 2077 and the gameplay is practically no different from a visual novel, where 2 dialogues lead to an identical result. This is a very, very bad game from stupid and inept developers. Many online publications have already awarded Cyberpunk 2077 the title of the game of the year. But think for a minute and you will understand that the title of "the biggest degradation of the decade" is more appropriate. This is obvious, given that The Witcher turned out to be a very good game, and now in cyberpunk we see a boring world, a lack of plot and a critical mass of programming errors. CDPR is not better than EA, Ubisoft, and other similar degradants.

I have an RTX 3070, and i get random CTD in game (even on version 1.04), so its not limited to GTX players. Seen a couple posts from people with RX5700 also experiencing issues.

Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

I had a few crashes POST 1.6gb update today, but NOW i cant even PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!! As soon as I load in (if I can load in) I get the flat-lined error... UGH

I thought I fixed my crashes with the mirrors yesterday when i turned off all reflection effects and mirrors to low.
Now with the new patch it crashes again. Every time I see a mirror. I'm stuck after The Heist, mirrors everywhere. Mandatory cutscenes. Game not playable. It's not my issue, I tried everything. Game's fucked.
Oh and yeah, now it crashes every second time I even start the game in the menu again. This is worse than Gothic 3 guys... back to the roots I see.

After installing 1.04 I my game started crashing constantly with this error:

Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Sometimes during loading, often when scanning something or pressing escape/entering inventory.
As someone above recommended I turned on V-Sync (60 fps) and it seems to actually help.
Granted, the performance is even worse but I just played for an hour, spammed scan key, scanned everything, spammed escape and it didn't crash yet.

My specs: i-7 5820k, GTX 970, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Windows 7

I have an RTX 3070, and i get random CTD in game (even on version 1.04), so its not limited to GTX players. Seen a couple posts from people with RX5700 also experiencing issues.
Yes, it looks like that. I have 3060Ti and I get the same thing. There can be RAM leaks, at least in my system 16GB and it completely fills up in a short time. Even with minimal graphics settings, I consistently get a crash.

//Google translator does not translate quite correctly, as a result the meaning may change. I do not speak English, my apologies

Last edited:
Had an excellent time playing the game thus far, a good 20 hours worth. Had a couple of issues since the game came out; nothing that broke the game, just rather silly graphics goofs. The game never once crashed when ran the game Even got to run the game on Ultra (No RTX of course)

Intel i7 7700
Windows 10 (Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041)
Nvidia GTX 1070
16 GB RAM

It wasn't until the most recent update that the game started crashing. Whenever I start the game via Steam the launcher loads but the game immediately crashes. I updated the Nvidia driver; no dice.

I'm reinstalling the game as I speak. Hopefully that fixes the issue.

Okay, good news I got the game working again. Nvidia driver update wasn't the issue, nor the Windows updates, but rather the game update itself. Had to uninstall then reinstall for the game to even load this time. Here's hoping I don't have to uninstall then reinstall the game just to account for the upcoming updates

So if you too were having issues with the game crashing right out of the gate: reinstall the game after you update your driver

Last edited:

For any of You who has error and have NVIDIA cards.
Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.

I had the same problem and found solution for me.

Please try to enable the Debug mode on NVIDIA control panel.

It works for me, without it game crash every 5min.

Hello.
It crashes my game after crossing the doorstep entering the night city. I noticed that not only I have a problem with it because such a problem was recorded by someone on YouTube but after choosing a different faction. My faction is punk.
Please help!

Spec:
Pentium g4560
GTX 1050ti 4gb
16gb ram

Good News Boys!!!

The Patch Notes for 1.05 mentions "
  • Addressed various Cyberpunk game crashing issues
  • Fixed game loading issues "
hopefully this includes the AVX problem.
our struggles may soon come to an end.... if not imma be pissed.

Good News Boys!!!

Source?
Post automatically merged:

Good News Boys!!!

as I have read the patch it is only available for PS and XBOX

Top Bottom