Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Umm... I play last day like 18 hours with this game and i have no problem with any crashes. Now i download the update and i can't go anywhere bcs the game get crash. I try to go Japan town-crash, i try to go long distance-crash..
I turn the graphich to minimum but its not work. I can't play my game

guys, if u can't start game after 1.04 patch and can before, try to verify/repair files in client.
after verify files in steam i reupload 7gb file and game work

Good News Boys!!!

The Patch Notes for 1.05 mentions "
  • Addressed various Cyberpunk game crashing issues
  • Fixed game loading issues "
hopefully this includes the AVX problem.
our struggles may soon come to an end.... if not imma be pissed.
The last patch said the same thing, honestly I might just start a Witcher 3 playthrough while I wait. I have faith CDPR will fix the problem eventually, but if its not fixed by now, I'm done hoping for anything in the next 2 weeks.

Hello everyone,
yesterday I posted that I couldn't launch the game because of Memory access Issue, since then I reinstalled my Windows to get the latest update (I was on the version 15), I'm now on the version 20H02 of windows, I reinstalled the latest Nvidia driver, and Voila the game is now working.
So if you have a problem of MEMORY ACCESS I strongly advise you to Upgrade your Windows, if Windows can't find the latest update :
- Backup your files.
- Make a Boot device for Windows.
- Delete Windows partition via Linux or boot on the USB device and delete partition when installing Windows.
- Install Updates for Windows and all the drivers that you need (NVIDIA ...)
- You should be good to go.

Last edited:
Yeah even with update 1.04 , no way to play the game.....

Game starts, I can go to settings and change everything (already tried too many variations....) and after selecting my faction (like nomads or street kid) the game freezes for 2 seconds and than crashes with "flatline" error....

My specs are:
1607769650491.png

1607769685673.png

AMD Radeon driver version: 20.12.1
Windows version: 20H2 (19042.685)
-----

I updated everything I could find but still,.. the same error.

The crash dump contains:
Code:
Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Any news on that?

Nope, 1.04, win 10 updated to 20h2, latest drivers for everything. Still no.

I have an alienware m15 with external 2080Ti.Also tried the internal 2070 maxQ. 32 GB RAM, plenty of space.

Disabled what not - afterburner, tobii, more and more apps, started fro exe and not, and no matter what I do...

I cannot go past 3 seconds of seing the CDPR logo.

You won't believe what fixed the intermittent crashing for me. (Patch 1.4)

This error.

Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Change the games language to Polish through steam. ( Dunno how, or if it would work with GOG or w\e)
The game will stay english, menus\text\audio, but steam re-downloads around 4 gb of stuff.

I'm not kidding, it worked. I went from crashing every 20 minutes or less, and I just had 3 seperate 1 1\2 hour play sessions
that were completely crash free.

The game is still extremely buggy for me, but I can actually play, explore, follow the story etc without crashing over and over.

I was underlocking my GPU before (which sort of seemed to help) , but by changing the games language to Polish I went back to default clock speed.

Specs for ref

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
i7 3820 @ 3.6 Ghz
16 gb RAM
Geforce GTX 1660 Ti

Last edited:
1.04 reduced my crashes from once every 3 minutes to once every 3 hours; a marked improvement. I still get crashes, but at least I can play the game now (and I never had poor framerate; even when I was crashing constantly). Playing the same sequence of combat over and over because I didn't manage to find a breather to quick-save in time was getting tiresome.

Of course, I'm running a 1070 on a laptop with an i7-8750. So, I don't have the AVX bug to worry about and overclocking isn't really likely to be the cause of the issues I was having. I just thought I'd chime in and point out that something they're doing is working for some of us. That's a good sign that they'll nip whatever is causing other peoples' problems in the bud, as well.

Still getting flatline error on 1.04

File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp

bump

So I'm loving cyberpunk so far with an FPS range of 50-65 in NC. If I drive too fast or travel really long distances, my textures get blurry and I get BSOD. Any fix on this? I'v downloaded the latest drivers/patch and I also verified my game multiple times. Common BSODs Unexpected Store Exception and kernel inpage error.

Top Bottom