Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
hey guys,
cant even load the game, i get this error after the redlauncher
i dont even get to the point where the CDPR logo appears
(i updated my gpu drivers, tried to load the game without redlauncher and in admin mode)

could it be because my cpu is too old and weak ? AMD phenom II X4 955
my gpu is recent AMD radeon rx 570 itx 8gb DDR5

the report :

Version=1
EventType=REDEngineErrorReport
EventTime=0
ReportIdentifier=ffffffff-ffffffff-00000001-00000000
Sig[0].Name=StackHash
Sig[0].Value=0x0000000000000000
Sig[1].Name=ErrorReason
Sig[1].Value=Unhandled exception
Sig[2].Name=InternalVersion
Sig[2].Value=3.0.3217599 P4CL: 4158334 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.1
LoadedModule[0]=Cyberpunk2077.exe
LoadedModule[1]=ntdll.dll
LoadedModule[2]=KERNEL32.DLL
LoadedModule[3]=KERNELBASE.dll
LoadedModule[4]=apphelp.dll
LoadedModule[5]=AcLayers.DLL
LoadedModule[6]=msvcrt.dll
LoadedModule[7]=USER32.dll
LoadedModule[8]=win32u.dll
LoadedModule[9]=GDI32.dll
LoadedModule[10]=gdi32full.dll
LoadedModule[11]=msvcp_win.dll
LoadedModule[12]=ucrtbase.dll
LoadedModule[13]=SHLWAPI.dll
LoadedModule[14]=ADVAPI32.dll
LoadedModule[15]=sechost.dll
LoadedModule[16]=RPCRT4.dll
LoadedModule[17]=sfc.dll
LoadedModule[18]=WINSPOOL.DRV
LoadedModule[19]=sfc_os.DLL
LoadedModule[20]=AcGenral.DLL
LoadedModule[21]=ole32.dll
LoadedModule[22]=combase.dll
LoadedModule[23]=SHELL32.dll
LoadedModule[24]=USERENV.dll
LoadedModule[25]=MPR.dll
LoadedModule[26]=SspiCli.dll
LoadedModule[27]=IMM32.DLL
LoadedModule[28]=SETUPAPI.dll
LoadedModule[29]=cfgmgr32.dll
LoadedModule[30]=bcrypt.dll
LoadedModule[31]=WS2_32.dll
LoadedModule[32]=VERSION.dll
LoadedModule[33]=OLEAUT32.dll
LoadedModule[34]=XINPUT1_3.dll
LoadedModule[35]=icuin.dll
LoadedModule[36]=icuuc.dll
LoadedModule[37]=Galaxy64.dll
LoadedModule[38]=dbghelp.dll
LoadedModule[39]=CRYPT32.dll
LoadedModule[40]=HID.DLL
LoadedModule[41]=bink2w64.dll
LoadedModule[42]=PhysX3Common_x64.dll
LoadedModule[43]=PhysX3Cooking_x64.dll
LoadedModule[44]=PhysX3CharacterKinematic_x64.dll
LoadedModule[45]=PhysX3_x64.dll
LoadedModule[46]=PxFoundation_x64.dll
LoadedModule[47]=NRD.dll
LoadedModule[48]=redlexer_native.dll
LoadedModule[49]=POWRPROF.dll
LoadedModule[50]=d3d11.dll
LoadedModule[51]=libcurl.dll
LoadedModule[52]=amd_ags_x64.dll
LoadedModule[53]=WLDAP32.dll
LoadedModule[54]=Normaliz.dll
LoadedModule[55]=oo2ext_7_win64.dll
LoadedModule[56]=WINMM.dll
LoadedModule[57]=VCRUNTIME140.dll
LoadedModule[58]=MSVCP140.dll
LoadedModule[59]=WININET.dll
LoadedModule[60]=IPHLPAPI.DLL
LoadedModule[61]=MSWSOCK.dll
LoadedModule[62]=dxgi.dll
LoadedModule[63]=VCRUNTIME140_1.dll
LoadedModule[64]=icudt.dll
LoadedModule[65]=UMPDC.dll
LoadedModule[66]=CRYPTBASE.DLL
LoadedModule[67]=bcryptPrimitives.dll
LoadedModule[68]=kernel.appcore.dll
LoadedModule[69]=windows.storage.dll
LoadedModule[70]=Wldp.dll
LoadedModule[71]=SHCORE.dll
LoadedModule[72]=clbcatq.dll
LoadedModule[73]=wbemprox.dll
LoadedModule[74]=wbemcomn.dll
LoadedModule[75]=wbemsvc.dll
LoadedModule[76]=fastprox.dll
LoadedModule[77]=amsi.dll
LoadedModule[78]=profapi.dll
LoadedModule[79]=MpOav.dll
LoadedModule[80]=uxtheme.dll
LoadedModule[81]=GameServicesSteam.dll
LoadedModule[82]=steam_api64.dll
LoadedModule[83]=PSAPI.DLL
LoadedModule[84]=CRYPTSP.dll
LoadedModule[85]=rsaenh.dll
LoadedModule[86]=napinsp.dll
LoadedModule[87]=pnrpnsp.dll
LoadedModule[88]=wshbth.dll
LoadedModule[89]=NLAapi.dll
LoadedModule[90]=DNSAPI.dll
LoadedModule[91]=NSI.dll
LoadedModule[92]=winrnr.dll
LoadedModule[93]=fwpuclnt.dll
LoadedModule[94]=rasadhlp.dll
LoadedModule[95]=secur32.dll
LoadedModule[96]=d3d12.dll
LoadedModule[97]=GFSDK_Aftermath_Lib.x64.dll
LoadedModule[98]=DEVOBJ.dll
LoadedModule[99]=WINTRUST.dll
LoadedModule[100]=MSASN1.dll
LoadedModule[101]=dxcore.dll
LoadedModule[102]=atiadlxx.dll
LoadedModule[103]=pdh.dll
LoadedModule[104]=PROPSYS.dll
LoadedModule[105]=amdxc64.dll
LoadedModule[106]=amdihk64.dll
LoadedModule[107]=iertutil.dll
LoadedModule[108]=ondemandconnroutehelper.dll
LoadedModule[109]=winhttp.dll
LoadedModule[110]=WINNSI.DLL
LoadedModule[111]=D3DSCache.dll
LoadedModule[112]=twinapi.appcore.dll
LoadedModule[113]=schannel.DLL
LoadedModule[114]=mskeyprotect.dll
LoadedModule[115]=NTASN1.dll
LoadedModule[116]=ncrypt.dll
LoadedModule[117]=ncryptsslp.dll
AppName=Cyberpunk2077.exe

Played the game for 20 hours before patch 1.04... not a single crash. Installed patch 1.04 yesterday, game played fine right after patch. Went to bed and this morning load up the game to play and whenever i open the inventory or map game crashes with Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Verifying files doesn't help, restarting PC doesnt help changing to polish doesnt help.

Thought I'd add my lot to the pile.. bought and downloaded today, got the 1.04 version off steam and it flatlines every 2-10 minutes regardless of what I try. It can happen in any in-game situation, interacting with things, being in the apartment, opening inventory, walking forward, hard to see a pattern behind the cause.

Scoured forums and help pages, tried it all..
- Latest updates for Nvidia (including the DDU clean install)
- Latest chipset & audio updates
- Disabled background services, killed programs and anti-virus
- Verified game files
- Dropped graphics to medium, disabled all the cool stuff
- Reduced crowd density to medium
- Slow HDD setting

Ryzen 5 3600 CPU + RTX 2070 Super GFX

To begin with I couldn't even get past character creation, to fix that I reset the graphics settings to default after geforce experience set them to optimised. But once in the game it's been consistent crashes, no idea what to do. The save game workaround gets me past the most recent crash point but then it inevitably crashes again further down the line.

Most recent stack trace:
Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Have had a lot of unhandled exceptions as well..

Last edited:
Hi,

After playing the game for 20 minutes, the game crashed with an error and doesn't even open anymore. The game freezes when the Red Engine script appears. I tried many things but never found a solution.

Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.3217599 P4CL: 4158334 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Assert
Expression:
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\engine\src\enginewatchdog.cpp
Line: 198

Topluluk Tarafından Doğrulandı simgesi

Hello All!
Am I to ban from Steam, if I replace original cyberpunk 2077.exe file to the Nexus version ? I have avx problem too (with Intel Xeon E5640 CPU)... :(

Thank you for your reaply!

Papa

You won't believe what fixed the intermittent crashing for me. (Patch 1.4)

This error.

Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Change the games language to Polish through steam. ( Dunno how, or if it would work with GOG or w\e)
The game will stay english, menus\text\audio, but steam re-downloads around 4 gb of stuff.

I'm not kidding, it worked. I went from crashing every 20 minutes or less, and I just had 3 seperate 1 1\2 hour play sessions
that were completely crash free.

The game is still extremely buggy for me, but I can actually play, explore, follow the story etc without crashing over and over.

I was underlocking my GPU before (which sort of seemed to help) , but by changing the games language to Polish I went back to default clock speed.

Specs for ref

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
i7 3820 @ 3.6 Ghz
16 gb RAM
Geforce GTX 1660 Ti

Trying this now, will report back!

Então começou como Nômade - quando você entra em Night City e há um monte de cutscenes - quando ele vai para carregar parece que eu estou em um carro e o jogo trava todas as vezes. Tentei baixar as configurações gfx, mas não fez diferença. Não estou usando o lançador GOG (mas sobreposição desativada como alguns sugeriram). Sobreposição de vapor desativada também.

Tentei um novo jogo como corpo - quando entrei no escritório e acertei "sente-se" ele também cai. Ainda não tentei garoto de rua, mas assumindo que haverá um ponto de acidente lá também.

Alguma sugestão?

EDITAR para atualizar as especificações do sistema:
SO: Windows 10 10.0.19041 Build 19041
CPU: Intel i7 960 @ 3.2Ghz
Memória: 16GB
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390
Rodando em HDD (SSD fora do espaço)

Eu sei que é um sistema antigo. mas até agora eu nunca tive um problema em tocar nada. Parece que uma tonelada de pessoas tem exatamente o mesmo problema que eu tenho - bater no "exato" mesmo lugar (sentar no início do corpo, ou entrar na cidade em nômade e obter um "glimps" de sentar em um carro eu acho).

Aprecio qualquer coisa para fazer isso funcionar - não um post de reclamação, mas "você pode me ajudar" post eu sei que tem toneladas de bugs e eu preciso de um upgrade :):)

EDIT novamente: AVX fix exe funcionou para mim e agora estou sentado no carro Então sim, eles só precisam liberar uma correção oficial..:)
[/CITAÇÃO]

+1

This error.

Change the games language to Polish through steam. ( Dunno how, or if it would work with GOG or w\e)
The game will stay english, menus\text\audio, but steam re-downloads around 4 gb of stuff.

I'm not kidding, it worked. I went from crashing every 20 minutes or less, and I just had 3 seperate 1 1\2 hour play sessions

The game is still extremely buggy for me, but I can actually play, explore, follow the story etc without crashing over and over.

I was underlocking my GPU before (which sort of seemed to help) , but by changing the games language to Polish I went back to default clock speed.

Specs for ref

i7 3820 @ 3.6 Ghz
16 gb RAM
Geforce GTX 1660 Ti
Tried changing to polish but unfortunately it still crashes after character creation.

This error.

Specs for ref

i7 3820 @ 3.6 Ghz
16 gb RAM
Geforce GTX 1660 Ti

Nope, didn't help for me unfortunately.

Crashed again at the ripperdoc with the following:
Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
File: <Unknown>(0)

Refund guys, that's the solution. I already did. Maybe in 2 years or so they have a real game.

So funny all the critics saying that the game is good when we can't even play 10 min without crashing. You know where is all your money going, buying critics for sure.

***EARLY GAME SPOILER ALERT***

So, I'm crashing right at the end of The Heist story mission. Dex shoots me in the head, I blank out. Cyberpunk 2077 titles comes up, it fades out, boom game crashes. I'm effectively stuck at this point of the game until this can get fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
going back to 1.03 lets me start the game up again, but won't load my save because it was overwritten by the newer version. So be aware of that.

edit:
updated to 1.04 again to test, crashes again.
next patch please make sure does not introduce yet more bugs.

Last edited:
Nope, didn't help for me unfortunately.

Crashed again at the ripperdoc with the following:
Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
File: <Unknown>(0)
Welcome to the club, I got the same error, can you share your specs, if it's not a problem, so we can try and find out what's causing it?

Never felt the need to post in a technical forum before regarding a game issue but here I go. First, my game launches fine and I can play for any length of time without an issue but the very moment I exit to desktop, within seconds, the displays fail and the either go black or white or some other solid colour (image attached for reference). I've done everything I can think of to fix this - I reinstalled Windows OS after having issues with Witcher 3 back in the day (which the reinstall seemed to help), I've disabled cloud sync through Galaxy because I thought that was the culprit (it isn't, enabled/disable, same issue) and I've reinstalled my Nvidia drivers 3 times now with DDU. I've even disabled XMP through BIOS. The only thing I haven't done, but will do now, is completely uninstall and reinstall the game.

My setup:

GTX 1080Ti
3900X
Aorus X570 Master
32gig Team Nighthawk dual kit
Gen 4 PCIe Aorus SSD (game install location)

Just frustated, the current issue makes the game unplayable if everytime I exit it, it hardlocks my system needing a reset. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20201212_213005.jpg
    20201212_213005.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 437

So, I'm crashing right at the end of The Heist story mission. Cyberpunk 2077 titles comes up, it fades out, boom game crashes. I'm effectively stuck at this point of the game until this can get fixed.

Please delete this, you can easily describe the issue without the spoiler. You ruined it for me and will for many other.

So, I'm crashing right at the end of The Heist story mission. Dex shoots me in the head, I blank out. Cyberpunk 2077 titles comes up, it fades out, boom game crashes. I'm effectively stuck at this point of the game until this can get fixed.
Me too.
semi spoiler below?
It usually lets me get to the mirror bit where you clean up, and then crashes, or I start the next quest, and it crashes. It did a glitch thing where it was constantly stuck on the menu. I cant do anything in this game until that is finished...

Welcome to the club, I got the same error, can you share your specs, if it's not a problem, so we can try and find out what's causing it?

Specs are:
Windows 10 Pro
Ryzen 5 3600
Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Kingston SA2000 M8500G SSD M.2
32GB RAM
Latest drivers from Nvidia/AMD

Just testing Windows10 20h2 now..

Top Bottom