Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
absolutely not for me (same crash report)
My game is crashing after the character creation as well. Tried everything, nothing helped. Im gonna wait for 5 more days and i'll see if it works. Otherwise i will refund the game.

Here's my specs;
GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+
CPU: i7-8700
Motherboard: Z370 TOMAHAWK
RAM: Corsair 2x8 DDR4

I finally managed to get it to launch for the first time. I was constantly getting the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) error. It would flatline the moment I pressed play on GOG. What FINALLY helped was this:
  1. Changed my resolution to a much lower than my native one (Windows 10, click right clik on your desktop, screen resolution, pick a low one that will make your icons super big and ugly)
  2. I attempted to launch the game like this. It launched immediately
  3. Changed the in-game resolution to my native one because it had the small one I picked a moment ago, and then I closed the game
  4. Changed my desktop resolution back to my native one again (no more giant icons), then launched the game and it succesfully launched finally
NONE of the other solutions worked for me except for this. I hope it helps some of you<3

My game is crashing after the character creation as well. Tried everything, nothing helped. Im gonna wait for 5 more days and i'll see if it works. Otherwise i will refund the game.

I have half a mind to do the same as well though I'm not sure if steam will buy my reason for a refund after 5 hours of "play" time. It's going to be awkward explaining to them that the 5 hours on record purely consisted of attempt after attempt to get the game running after many hours of trawling forums for possible fixes. I have never spent so much time on a game trying to do my own "tech support", not even during witcher 3's launch day. Thing is, if I don't try out those suggested fixes, I won't be able to know if they will work for me. Yet if do, it all counts towards my "play" time. Damned if I do, damned if I don't :/

Game crashing on old CPUs: possible fix

If you happen to have an old CPU you maybe having this crash:

Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)

The game is trying to use a feature you don’t have: AVX.

At the beginning playing corpo when you sit it crashes. A possible temporal solution while they fix this issue is to remove this part of code:

Edit Cyberpunk2077.exe with a hexadecimal editor and search for

554881ECA00000000F2970E8

Change the first byte to C3 (return from the function):

C34881ECA00000000F2970E8

Please note this fix is extremely simplistic and naïve. Moreover, it could crash the game later. This change seems to fix this crash and you can continue playing the game. I have only tested a few minutes more.

FAQ: Why are they using AVX?

They are not doing it on purpose, it is probably the default configuration of the compiler.

Great discovery! Confirmed this fix worls on both versions 1.03 and 1.04.

Was able to play 20 hrs straight without a single crash or anything (apart from the rampant bugs). After the last hotfix tried to get into the game and BOOM! This shows up no matter what I do! I tried restarting the pc, disabled all sorts of overlays, have latest Nvidia driver etc. So far "sent" crash reports for like 10 times.
Spec: core i7 7700+, 16GB RAM, SSD hard drive, GTX 1060 6GB.

Attachments

• snap.PNG
    snap.PNG
    194.4 KB · Views: 415
Currently have a playtime of 9 minutes.

This has consisted of loading the game exactly 50 times to see if it will work.

Crashing on the CPDR logo everytime.

:(

Was able to play 20 hrs straight without a single crash or anything (apart from the rampant bugs). After the last hotfix tried to get into the game and BOOM! This shows up no matter what I do! I tried restarting the pc, disabled all sorts of overlays, have latest Nvidia driver etc. So far "sent" crash reports for like 10 times.
Spec: core i7 7700+, 16GB RAM, SSD hard drive, GTX 1060 6GB.
20 hours?! I can't even pass the character creation screen. Shame on you, cdpr!

Me too.
semi spoiler below?
It usually lets me get to the mirror bit where you clean up, and then crashes, or I start the next quest, and it crashes. It did a glitch thing where it was constantly stuck on the menu. I cant do anything in this game until that is finished...
Yeah I always get to the point where I get punched in the face and then shot and then, it goes to the title screen and right before it's going to load the game back in, it crashes instantly.

I finally managed to get it to launch for the first time. I was constantly getting the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) error. It would flatline the moment I pressed play on GOG. What FINALLY helped was this:
  1. Changed my resolution to a much lower than my native one (Windows 10, click right clik on your desktop, screen resolution, pick a low one that will make your icons super big and ugly)
  2. I attempted to launch the game like this. It launched immediately
  3. Changed the in-game resolution to my native one because it had the small one I picked a moment ago, and then I closed the game
  4. Changed my desktop resolution back to my native one again (no more giant icons), then launched the game and it succesfully launched finally
NONE of the other solutions worked for me except for this. I hope it helps some of you<3

Happy this worked for you, but unfortunately it did nothing for me. Neither did some of the new suggestions on the last few pages with refresh rate and adding the game to the display graphics settings.

I'll add em all to the very long list of things that didn't work!

Is there any estimate date/time on next patch? Game keeps crashing on start. Spent whole day trying to make it start, trying a lot of suggestions, but to no avail.
Same exact problem as me and the debug log you quoted. The game hadn't crashed once until the 1.04 hotfix. I was in the middle of The Pickup mission and all the sudden the game crashed with that error. I tried restarting it, verified files, picking an earlier save, etc. but it immediately crashes after trying to load a save and pressing spacebar to continue.

! Steam!

For me it kept crashing after CDPR Logo.

The following has helped me:

Start Steam, press "play" and then start Cyberpunk2077.exe! (not via launcher!)

now you should come to the main menu.Now I had the problem that it crashed when loading the game.

I fixed that by setting "HBAO" down in the graphics settings.

Hope it works for you too.

cyberpunk.jpg

Flatline error on launch. Rig is fine. Updated nvidia drivers. Made sure my windows 10 was up to date. Tried launch from .exe. Turned off overlay. Removed and reinstalled etc etc etc. I'll wait a week for a patch or two. If it's still not working I'll ask for a refund. In a decade and a half of playing games, I've never had a game crash like this ever, and although I could go through heroics to maybe get it to work, I feel that I shouldn't have to beyond the normal (driver updates, etc).

In short: I don't feel we should twist ourselves into pretzels to get a game to work.

Hello everyone.

My i7 4790 (recommended CPU) usage is 100% all the time no matter settings I throw on. How to fix that? The game is awesome but just unplayeble in current state for me, especially while driving the car – stutters here and there.

Here is my video with the lowest possible settings:

Flatline error on launch. Rig is fine. Updated nvidia drivers. Made sure my windows 10 was up to date. Tried launch from .exe. Turned off overlay. Removed and reinstalled etc etc etc. I'll wait a week for a patch or two. If it's still not working I'll ask for a refund. In a decade and a half of playing games, I've never had a game crash like this ever, and although I could go through heroics to maybe get it to work, I feel that I shouldn't have to beyond the normal (driver updates, etc).

In short: I don't feel we should twist ourselves into pretzels to get a game to work.

AGREED. This is the most trouble I've ever had with a new game by a LOT. It's becoming very clear that it should have been delayed again. I can't believe it shipped anywhere from barely stable to completely unplayable for what feels like a huge part of the playerbase.

AGREED. This is the most trouble I've ever had with a new game by a LOT. It's becoming very clear that it should have been delayed again. I can't believe it shipped anywhere from barely stable to completely unplayable for what feels like a huge part of the playerbase.
Double agree. I've never had a game completely refuse to launch with the usual workarounds since the nineties.
Shit when the launch bugs are as bad/worse than FO76 we know we're dealing with a mess.
My rig can run Star Citizen at close to 60fps and that is a bug ridden mess but I can't even get this game to launch.

imagine if 1.05 patch doesn't fix crash bugs lmao
Imagine? That is actually my expectation. My hopes are that I will be able to play a little during my Christmas and NYE holiday. However the hype and excitement is def gone. I feel sorry for the devs, as as I know they are now getting additional pressure after the crunch. Really wished they delayed it, but I guess investor pressure was too high. Hurts seeing CDPR going down the EA, Bethesda route. Been a fan since early Witcher 1.

Top Bottom