Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
I think that's the only error which we're not find the fix
Post automatically merged:

ur problem is your CPU, our problem is about DirextX 12 and our GPU

One thread for differents bugs ...
AVX bug is resolved (well for me) with the article from GOG Support.
GPU/DirectX Not
Maybe look this URL (for those are not already read this)

So many frustrated people, and I'm one of them, but some solutions exists, and, maybe a futur patch can resolve all of these.

I think that's the only error which we're not find the fix

ur problem is your CPU, our problem is about DirextX 12 and our GPU
i think 1.05 patch will not gonna fix our problem, maybe a new driver would fix it.

Cyberpunk is continuing to surprise me. Apparently the game is messing with the GPU clocks using NVIDIA's api and on unusual configurations it causes the GPU to crash. In my case I'm using a laptop with a desktop grade cpu (9700k) and my graphics card's clock is higher than some other 1070 mobile cards by default.

I haven't encountered anything like this before on any game or application but;

I wanted to try underclocking my fully stable GPU to see if something changes. Got into MSI Afterburner then applied -100mhz core clock offset. (before that my game was crashing on the same mission on the same spot everytime)
I passed that point without any kind of crash.

The thing is, every game can apply some tweaks, activate power profiles on GPU's but the devs clearly tried to get every bit of gpu power they can get and this caused problems on everyone's machines.

I'll update if I get any more crashes but I don't think so.

Tried it, unfortunately still the usual GPU crash. SIgh.
i think 1.05 patch will not gonna fix our problem, maybe a new driver would fix it.
Can you try this and let us know?

Cyberpunk is continuing to surprise me. Apparently the game is messing with the GPU clocks using NVIDIA's api and on unusual configurations it causes the GPU to crash. In my case I'm using a laptop with a desktop grade cpu (9700k) and my graphics card's clock is higher than some other 1070 mobile cards by default.

I wanted to try underclocking my fully stable GPU to see if something changes. Got into MSI Afterburner then applied -100mhz core clock offset. (before that my game was crashing on the same mission on the same spot everytime)

The thing is, every game can apply some tweaks, activate power profiles on GPU's but the devs clearly tried to get every bit of gpu power they can get and this caused problems on everyone's machines.

already tested, still crashing with GPU error (tested on lower it can be (-600~-500~ and I have a RTX 3080)

still crashing.

All my progress of nearly 30 hours playtime is just gone like that and i dont know what to do :D
View attachment 11082179
I have all of the savedata but when i launch the game it only allows me to start a new game.
Same thing for trying to load a gamesave.

I really like this game alot so it would be a big time bummer if all my progress was gone.
So if anyone knows what to do please feel free to respond :D

Do you have an AMD gpu?
AMD 3600XT yes

All my progress of nearly 30 hours playtime is just gone like that and i dont know what to do :D
View attachment 11082179
I have all of the savedata but when i launch the game it only allows me to start a new game.
Same thing for trying to load a gamesave.

I really like this game alot so it would be a big time bummer if all my progress was gone.
So if anyone knows what to do please feel free to respond :D
dont send this here, THIS THREAD ISNT FOR THESE PROBLEMS..

Got an RTX 3080, all settings lowest etc.

Im on 2080ti and already more than 2 days i had 0 crashes after disable DLSS and rest settings is on ultra (except shadow ones). When 1.04 patch out, i had many random crashes so i believe my case is gpu driver or game optimization issue.

Guys i have a 1060, 15 6600k and 16 GB of Memory, i'm playing with all low 1080p and the game crash in the braindance tutorial. I have all the latest software update.

GTX970 Win7 64-bit 16GB i7-4790K here with the latest drivers.
So far I have 96 crashes logged in my ReportQueue folder from day 1 worth 1.39GB with 23 hrs 58 min logged according to Galaxy Launcher.

In most cases crash occurs when I use scanner (Tab key).
2nd most frequent crash time is when I open my inventory.
Loading previous save is the 3rd most frequent moment when crash occurs.

Sometimes during in-game quests like first Braindance when it switched to target room it also crashed.

This is the error I get from stacktrace.txt for all of them:
Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Last edited:
This is the error I get from stacktrace.txt for all of them:
The only "guaranteed" option by now is to update Win 10 up to version 1906 or above. It's some kind of mess with DX12 features in not latest Windows versions. It's IMHO tho. I didn't want to fight with sys reinstalling, so didn't done it for myself.

Top Bottom