Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.

File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp

nvidia 460.79 1070gtx shit first game i cant launch
As you see this crash's lines mention dx12 that stands for DirectX12 obviously

ok enough with the AVX thing, some users with AVX have the exact same issue. dont tell me my computer can handle MS Flight Sim 2020 on full ultra without a single hiccup but CP2077 crashes, someone sabotaged the launch probably one of the whiny entitled non-Polish devs who are not used to working hard

perfect message, AVX not causing these bugs

I keep having the error "Woah! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined." when trying to start the game via GOG or the .exe
The weird thing is I've already played fine for 7 hours, no crashes, then went to sleep. Now the game won't start anymore but I had literally changed nothing since it first worked.

Things I've tried so far:
-verify game files via GOG
-allow Cyberpunk via firewall
-start as administrator
-start via .exe instead of launcher
-uninstall graphics driver and reinstall newest version
-update Windows 10 to newest version
-uninstall and reinstall all Microsoft Visual C++ versions
-disable all unnecessary background apps
-start Windows in clean boot mode (no autostart and stuff)

My specs:
-Intel Core i5-2500K 3.7GHz (I am 100% sure it DOES support AVX)
-AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB by XFX
-16GB DDR3 SDRAM
-the game sits on an otherwise empty, brand new SSD

Right now I am reinstalling - if that doesn't work is there anything else I can do?

I already played 7h straight (with everything on ULTRA settings without any lag...) I don't understand why I have this error now...

EDIT: reinstall just finished and it still doesn't work

Last edited:
This fixed it for me

1. go to game folder search for VC_redist.x64 install/repair this will install the latest C++.

(If you still have problems try to google the)

[100% Solution] How to Fix 0xc000007b Error Windows 10 Easily! (2020)
(youtube vid)

And download the "C++ all in one" file run to install all.
And redo 1.

GL!

Youtube link to a mediafire post... sounds like a virus phishing scam... Try this.. if it doesn't work get the EXE file from shaddy ass youtube post.

AntiAVX gang rise up and send here request to delete avx requirement https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc/sp-technical/issue/1700/my-game-crashes-7
Yeah, they're not going to fix it. See my post here:

Безымянный.png
Aida64.png

Steam,
crashes on startup

I apologize for the Russian lang, but I think everyone understands the essence

but I got AVX support with my CPU and I got the same bug

oh and sorry for my bad english, i'm french :/
Lol,dudes. It can be caused by some other problems but not the AVX only.Just surf the YouTube where people do make benchmarks with the cpu's that dont support this stuff.

Lol,dudes. It can be caused by some other problems but not the AVX only.Just surf the YouTube where people do make benchmarks with the cpu's that dont support this stuff.
we're all looking for the solution, AVX or not AVX, we're in the same boat

so you are saying my computer flies through MS Flight Sim 2020 on ULTRA which is a much more demanding game than CP2077 and it crashes in specific areas of the game, its repeatable and consistent.[...]

oh oh oh u saying a i5-3570k is bether the x5650 XDDDDDD come on
anyone else who has game crashesh and a avx support pls. update your freaking software direcx Visual C++ redistributables
and display drivers then come and look on a forum THX

Attachments

• cyberpunk2077 .PNG
    cyberpunk2077 .PNG
    708.9 KB · Views: 716
Some bad news for those of us with older processors:

I opened a support ticket because of the repeated crash I was seeing on the Nomad game path, at the end of the Night City cinematic.

I have a Xeon X5687, comparable to an Intel I960. Here's the response I got:

It would have been nice if the developers would have actually listed the required instruction sets :(
If this lazy excuse stands for what they call "customer support", and someone would come down here from their ivory tower to confirm that this will remain unpatched, Cyberblunder2077 will be my very first ever refund.

i was trying to update dx12 but its sayd im on latests version ;/ still got this crash
message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.

File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp

I made a separate thread, it's not a game crash but rather my entire pc seems to freeze up only when playing cyberpunk for a while. I'll post it here in case devs read it:

I'm using windows 7 64 bit, running on lowest settings, and running Cyberpunk 2077 seems to make the entire PC freeze up after a while.

My specs are above minimum requirement

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.40ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
Ram: 32gb

I am using the latest nvidia drivers

I narrowed down part of the issue to uncapped FPS. Once I capped it to 30 most of the gameplay freezing stopped, but it still happens. Funnily enough, 8/10 of these happened not during gameplay but most often when using mirrors or transitioning scenes (Such as hopping between cameras or loading between story-chapters, or driving through a long stretch of the city). idk how much FPS I get during gameplay but its playable, suggesting the issue might be related to something other than my specs.

When the freeze happens I cannot use my mouse / alt tab, the PC is basically dead until I hit reset, but I can still hear music from the game. It's really weird, I never had this happen, it doesn't bsod or give error message, it just hangs. Also this is why I can't provide any crash logs. The game doesn't crash, it makes something else crash for me (windows? nvidia?).

Top Bottom