Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
finally it worked for me. I was trying like 12 hours and it finally happened. Upgraded windows from 8.1 to 10. Hope this helps maybe.

For those who interested, i recorded a benchmark and crash related to AVX(most likely). Can't progress.
i5 750@4.2Ghz (no avx)
GTX1060 6GB
All settings at Medium

Mind you this combo is slightly faster than Xbox One X in RDR2 at the same graphics settings.
About +5 avg fps if video recording and OSD overlay is turned off, and less stuttering.

Sent them this:

"Hello, CDPR

As you know many people still use processors that are but extremely capable and powerful otherwise like the 990x I'm using at 4.6Ghz. It can run any modern game with very high FPS together with my 1080Ti. However some games have parts where AVX is needed and it's a pain, so much so that Larian has released a patch removing AVX need from Baldur's Gate 3 for example, because it was so sporadically needed for the game it was unfair to require users the NEED of an AVX capable CPU just to load small parts of the game that require it.

Case in point, I run every introduction and tutorial of Cyberpunk 2077 with the above said hardware at high settings, 45~80 FPS all the time, but in each introduction there is a part where it crashes (everytime in the same part) because it sends AVX instructions to my CPU (i7 990x six core 4.6Ghz, otherwise more than capable of running the game) which does not support it.

I see many people with the same problem and most of the people online currently complaining about the game constantly crashing and not knowing why since they meet the minimum requirements (a 990x six core at 4.6Ghz is MUCH faster and superior than the CPUs listed at your minimum requirements) do have this exact problem: their CPU does not support AVX.

Please, let me and the community know when will there be a patch for non AVX CPU compatible players enjoy the game. Thank you very much.

PS: it was never stated anywhere that AVX was NEEDED to run the game and from what I see it's ridiculous to limit the game just because a few instructions here and there, rather I believe the game can run just fine without AVX maybe with a slowdown in some areas just like Baldur's Gate 3 does thanks to Larian's patch for non AVX users. "
Post automatically merged:

Yes, everyone do this PLEASE

I did and got a fast answer from them>

--------------
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and for your report.

Regarding support for CPUs that are not supporting AVX Instruction Set, we are working on it.

Regards,
Ashka
--------------
Hope they can give us a FIX PATCH for non-AVX CPUs users

at least some of u can launch game i got error at launch File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40) shit ;/

Try this
for me looks like a gpu driver error
just when u deinstaling the drivers do it in a windows safe mode
if u dont know how to start it google it

--------------
Hello,

Regarding support for CPUs that are not supporting AVX Instruction Set, we are working on it.

Regards,
Ashka
--------------
Thanks for the reach out and sharing the response.

Are you updating your drivers?
You mean if I'm running 460.79? Yes, and crashes brilliantly every single time I try to use the chair in Corpo tutorial.

Geforce NOW is this streaming thing from nVidia that I'm trying to get at least something.

--------------
Hello,

Regards,
Ashka
--------------
Finally, good news

Cyberpunk crashes after pressing "Play" in CD Project Red launcher.
How to fix it?

I tried restarting PC and installing latest Nvidia driver. It didn't help

Spec:
Windows 10 LTSB. Steam version. Build 5946255
Nvidia 1060 6Gb
Same here, almost 7 hours trying to fix but nothing happens...

--------------
Hello,

Regards,
Ashka
--------------

thats freaking nice
at least one capable support guy who probably asked someone in the dev apartment becouseuntill now we just had moderators and support saying your cpu does not meet the mininal requierements

I have an RTX 3070, Ryzen 9 3900x (Does have AVX support), 32GB RAM, SSD. Every 10 minutes the game crashes. I have logged 17 crashes so far in the span of a few hours and its basically impossible to play at this point. I have already updated drivers, installed patches, etc.

In case anyone here knows what this means - this is the issue I keep getting. Any help is much appreciated.

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x218E990D000.
File: <Unknown>(0)

and

Version=1

EventType=REDEngineErrorReport

EventTime=0

ReportIdentifier=ffffffff-ffffffff-00000001-00000000

Sig[0].Name=StackHash

Sig[0].Value=0x0000000000000000

Sig[1].Name=ErrorReason

Sig[1].Value=Unhandled exception

Sig[2].Name=InternalVersion

Sig[2].Value=3.0.3214677 P4CL: 4155897 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2

For those who interested, i recorded a benchmark and crash related to AVX(most likely). Can't progress.
i5 750@4.2Ghz (no avx)
GTX1060 6GB
All settings at Medium

Mind you this combo is slightly faster than Xbox One X in RDR2 at the same graphics settings.
About +5 avg fps if video recording and OSD overlay is turned off, and less stutters.
That looks about right

--------------
Hello,

Regards,
Ashka
--------------
They're working on it. No need to pester them further.

does a Ryzen 7 3700x have AVX support?
yes, just about any cpu after 2012 has it.

i5 750@4.2Ghz (no avx)
GTX1060 6GB
All settings at Medium

About +5 avg fps if video recording and OSD overlay is turned off, and less stuttering.
Yes, this is AVX)

oke because I don't even get further than launcher when I start it just crashes

althoug I have AVX

I have an RTX 3070, Ryzen 9 3900x (Does have AVX support), 32GB RAM, SSD. Every 10 minutes the game crashes. I have logged 17 crashes so far in the span of a few hours and its basically impossible to play at this point. I have already updated drivers, installed patches, etc.

In case anyone here knows what this means - this is the issue I keep getting. Any help is much appreciated.

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x218E990D000.
File: <Unknown>(0)

and

Version=1

EventType=REDEngineErrorReport

EventTime=0

ReportIdentifier=ffffffff-ffffffff-00000001-00000000

Sig[0].Name=StackHash

Sig[0].Value=0x0000000000000000

Sig[1].Name=ErrorReason

Sig[1].Value=Unhandled exception

Sig[2].Name=InternalVersion

Sig[2].Value=3.0.3214677 P4CL: 4155897 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
I don't know the issue, but it seems similar to what cyberspider is running into

Top Bottom