Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
hey folks!!

we havehope

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and for your report.

Regarding support for CPUs that are not supporting AVX Instruction Set, we are working on it.

Regards,

Ashka
finally. Some good news. CDPR only saying to me "I am afraid that the problem you encountered is caused by your CPU not meeting minimum requirements for Cyberpunk 2077." But i can play game 50fps by using the load save file trick.

Non avx user
Press F to Fuck yourself
Edit:
Folks, fofo2323 have a temporal solution

Game crashing on old CPUs: possible fix

If you happen to have an old CPU you maybe having this crash:

Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)

The game is trying to use a feature you don’t have: AVX.

At the beginning playing corpo when you sit it crashes. A possible temporal solution while they fix this issue is to remove this part of code:

Edit Cyberpunk2077.exe with a hexadecimal editor and search for

554881ECA00000000F2970E8

Change the first byte to C3 (return from the function):

C34881ECA00000000F2970E8

Please note this fix is extremely simplistic and naïve. Moreover, it could crash the game later. This change seems to fix this crash and you can continue playing the game. I have only tested a few minutes more.

FAQ: Why are they using AVX?

They are not doing it on purpose, it is probably the default configuration of the compiler.

I LOVE THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• silla2.png
    silla2.png
    3 MB · Views: 688
Last edited:
+1 here. Posting for visibility.

Started as nomad. Crashes as soon as the tutorial video ends. I have sent multiple crash reports using the red egine crash report too.

I hope it gets fixed soon.

Not the best, but I think a decent rig, still crashing at various places.
Core i7-8700
Zotac GTX1080Ti with 11GB driver 460.79 (released yesterday)
32GB RAM
Win10 2004

I have the same processor, everything is exactly the same, and it's the processor, read the error report.

If that is so why did I manage to play around 30-40 minutes on high/ultra with a i7 920?
I still go into the game, loads perfectly, fiddle around with settings...load previous saves and proceed to next stage only to crash after cinematic after arriving the city!

if u have crash after cut scene when hijack car u can use gforce now (1 hour free ) turn it load this save than play after that save and turn on game normal . for me works ( 2h in game )

+1 here. Posting for visibility.

Started as nomad. Crashes as soon as the tutorial video ends. I have sent multiple crash reports using the red egine crash report too.

I hope it gets fixed soon.

if fixed it as follows, i loaded autosave before you get the transition into Night City. As soon as it was loaded i loaded the autosafe which ended in the crash. It worked fine and i was able to advance. I also changed into borderless Window mode
This worked for me.

Help me
Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xED5F70.
File: <Unknown>(0)

If that is so why did I manage to play around 30-40 minutes on high/ultra with a i7 920?
I still go into the game, loads perfectly, fiddle around with settings...load previous saves and proceed to next stage only to crash after cinematic after arriving the city!
That is where we all crash.

The AVX issue seems to be the most widespread. But your cpu is much older than my own, so you may be running into other compatibility issues. Yours is also WAY below the minimum spec, so it may not have the power to even start the game

Lol, did actually read I can play and run the game? I only crash after the cinematic after arriving to the city!

My Game crashes when Spawning in Streetkid "repairing my nose" talking some seconds to bartender and then crash.

Ryzen 3900x
RTX 2080TI
32GB RAM DDR4
Playing on 1TB SSD

Crash log:

{
"RootType": "gameTelemetryPostMortemContainer",
"Data": {
"postMortem": {
"crashVisitId": "baf1bd99-8cfc-474c-8e23-adeff8816712",
"playthroughId": "5fd2674e48c717bc",
"crashVersion": "3214677",
"timeCrash": "2020-12-10T18:28:42Z",
"trackedQuest": {
"name": "generic_sts_quest",
"objectiveName": "generic_sts_objective",
"type": "STS",
"questName": "",
"questType": ""
},
"location": {
"X": -1261.607422,
"Y": -1001.630920,
"Z": 13.483803
},
"sessionLength": 396.213013,
"isOom": false
}
}
}

My specifications: rx 570, i5, 6400, 8gb ram. Windows 10, 1607.
------
Cyberpunk crashes when you click "Play".
I tried all the ways to solve the problem, reinstalled the game - nothing has changed

Attachments

• stacktrace.txt
    265 bytes · Views: 138
  • report.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 167
Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)
Message: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.
File: <Unknown>(0)
Steam Version

Bumping up but happy as fuck to have read the avx is being worked on :D

I've already opened a crash ticket with CDPR

I'm in the same boat as well. Game will play fine during the prologues with great performance, but then crashes at certain points.
Corpo crash: sit in chair
Street kid crash: leave the bar
nomad crash: Enter night city

PLEASE PROVIDE A PATCH FOR NON-AVX CPU!
i7-980X
GTX 1070
24GB RAM
NVMe Boot disk (with CP77 installed)

Last edited:
Top Bottom