Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Did any of you have this error after crash?

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
File: <Unknown>(0)

So AVX is def the culprit... my i7 processor is of the 9xx variety, so it doesn't have AVX. Which also means I need a new MoBo to play this... as there are no current gen processors that fit that CPU slot. I am not so mad at that, I got a good decade of use out of them, I just wish I'd have know AVX was going to be this much of an issue, oh I dunno, a year ago? Now I am scrambling to upgrade. As in, if you don't have an AVX capable processor you can't play at all.

Well, I used the sde trick to get out of this cursed office. Flew away in the shuttle, landed, saved and reloaded without sde. Still crashing in front of Lizzie's bar. If you want to turn your game into a powerpoint, that's a nice way to do it

So AVX is def the culprit... my i7 processor is of the 9xx variety, so it doesn't have AVX. Which also means I need a new MoBo to play this... as there are no current gen processors that fit that CPU slot. I am not so mad at that, I got a good decade of use out of them, I just wish I'd have know AVX was going to be this much of an issue, oh I dunno, a year ago? Now I am scrambling to upgrade. As in, if you don't have an AVX capable processor you can't play at all.

If anyone wants a decent upgrade there is cheap R5 2600X, 3500X on aliexpress for about 120$.

Yeah. It happened the same in the past with AES and AC Odyssey (you can have it with xeon compatible CPUs). This socket is still a bruteforce beast, but it has its age. Its been 10 years :D

Let's hope they are able to create a compatibility patch for non AVX users. Upgrading the PC with the current stocks and pandemic situation is a big no.

Meanwhile, time to wait :)

Really hoping for an AVX fix...

You can't seriously tell me I have to buy a new CPU, a new motherboard since mine don't support newer cpu, new ram since my current motherboard is working on 3X2 chipsets.

How can you expect me to pay around 800$ at minimum to be able to play THE GAME I have been waiting for for 5 years now...

Same crash happens for me. Nomad path after night city montage. I really hope they fix this soon.

Wow, AMAZING WORK by CDPR by excluding users with non-AVX CPUs! GOOD JOB!

What's next on the agenda? Excluding users with GPUs < RTX 3080? Or maybe let's exclude people that don't have a 144Hz screen? That would be nice, just dump the legacy.

CDPR is dead for me. I wasted my heard earned money on rubbish, THANK YOU FOR NOTHING!

Really hoping for an AVX fix...

You can't seriously tell me I have to buy a new CPU, a new motherboard since mine don't support newer cpu, new ram since my current motherboard is working on 3X2 chipsets.

How can you expect me to pay around 800$ at minimum to be able to play THE GAME I have been waiting for for 5 years now...

Bro I feel you especially when the requirements never stipulated a need for AVX. I got a 2060 super and extra ram recently plus a new CPU Cooler, I would've put my money towards a new mobo, CPU, and overall new system if I had known. They need to fix this and seems like they are. They would lose a lot of face if they didn't..

I can load into the game, go to settings and what not, load saves, play initial missions...everything on high/ultra on my i7 920! I only crash after the cinematic upon arriving to the city, when the game is about to start and my char is in what I assume to be a car, then it CTD, sometimes accompanied by “displaydriverstoppedworking”. If AVX is the issue how come I can play the damn game until that specific spot? I execute the game directly from the .exe inside the bin folder on Windows Vista SP2 compatibility mode.

finally. Some good news. CDPR only saying to me "I am afraid that the problem you encountered is caused by your CPU not meeting minimum requirements for Cyberpunk 2077." But i can play game 50fps by using the load save file trick.

This is huge!! Thank you for posting this. I will wait.

Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Anyone had this error?
I have Intel Xeon X3450 and AMD Radeon HD 7900 series, still 40 fps but this crash doesn't let me play.

When you see stuff like that, it typically points to a corrupt file or save. Validating the install should fix the first possible cause... starting again or going back a bunch of saves will fix the latter.
Post automatically merged:

I have validated the install, at this point i've also reinstalled the game, I have started from scratch, it's some how tied to something that needs to be scanned,
I can turn around and press the scanner button, and in the case of the hallway leading to the door, i can face the door, with the scanner open, but as soon as what i'm assuming would be the hacker screen would come up it crashes,

I don't see how that would be a save issue and again the validating it didn't do anything.

I can load into the game, go to settings and what not, load saves, play initial missions...everything on high/ultra on my i7 920! I only crash after the cinematic upon arriving to the city, when the game is about to start and my char is in what I assume to be a car, then it CTD, sometimes accompanied by “displaydriverstoppedworking”. If AVX is the issue how come I can play the damn game until that specific spot? I execute the game directly from the .exe inside the bin folder on Windows Vista SP2 compatibility mode.
Because that is the place where the AVX command is given, which leads to the illegal operation. Basically that is the first place where the game makes an API call to the AVX on the processor, and since your processor does not support AVX it throws an unhandled exception. That is why you can play up to that point. It is also why I can play the Corp tutorial mission up until I have to sit in a chair (about 5 min in). It isn't a CPU performance issue, it is a missing API call issue.

I'm crashing at same point as others playing Nomad path. Straight after the cutscene :(

The load thing worked for me and I've gone through the tutorial and some of the 1st mission. I'm expecting it to crash again as others have described. My rig has an old Xeon X5570 CPU which doesn't support AVX.

I did and got a fast answer from them>

--------------
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and for your report.

Regarding support for CPUs that are not supporting AVX Instruction Set, we are working on it.

Regards,
Ashka
--------------
Hope they can give us a FIX PATCH for non-AVX CPUs users

Let's wait and see. Hopefully it's an easy fix within the engine.

If that is so why did I manage to play around 30-40 minutes on high/ultra with a i7 920?
I still go into the game, loads perfectly, fiddle around with settings...load previous saves and proceed to next stage only to crash after cinematic after arriving the city!
because the instructions are used only at some specific points to calculate vectors faster.
CDPROJECT aknowledged the but, so stop wondering.

Top Bottom