Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
CDPR Merged ALL crashes into one thread. They will re-merge again if you create a seperate one.
I know and they're working on both the AVX issue and the random crashing issue. We just feel the need to voice that the AVX issue is effecting a big portion and also that we aren't down to wait months for this fix. We are posting over and over to make sure CDPR is indeed fixing it and not lining us along like a fish on a hook.

Guys I've found the way to play for a bit after a few-hours reseach.
My i7-7700HQ suppose to have AVX but seems like it was off. Maybe his will help you guys too.

for Win 10
- Press Win+X and open the command promt with admin rights
- type bcdedit /set xsavedisable 0
This will enable your AVX

To Disable AVX: bcdedit /set xsavedisable 1
Verify and repair the game after this.

Best of luck to y'all.
Cool, I proposed looking in your BIOS settings as well. This will help people with newer CPUs. I'm on a Xeon though.

Another dirty workaround for now...
Download Intel AVX emulator from here.
Unpack it to your CP2077 exe directory eg.:
C:\GOG\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64
start a command prompt navigate there and execute:
sde.exe -- Cyberpunk2077.exe
WAIT
After sometime the game will load running at very low FPS but at least you will be able to skip the crash point and make a save afterwards.
Then restart the game without emulator and continue playing....

I suggest everyone open their post with a line stating which issue they are addressing. That way people can avoid reading posts not related to their issue.

None of the recommended fixes .Actually stop the flatline error . I don't believe a game should ever be released in unplayable state. And my refund has been issued by steam ....

WAIT
After sometime the game will load running at very low FPS but at least you will be able to skip the crash point and make a save afterwards.

I'm trying this right now

None of the recommended fixes .Actually stop the flatline error . I don't believe a game should ever be released in unplayable state. And my refund has been issued by steam ....
Im waiting but if i can't progress past the prologue which means the game is unplayable because of an avx issue that should have been advertised or put somewhere that i need a cpu with avx...then i shall refund ;( It's sad because i like the little playthrough ive had so far

AVX issue

I was able to get past the chair problem by using the AVX editor as stated above. I loaded a quickave just before sitting down. After a breif cutscene I was prompted to stand up. I quicksaved after standing up, exited to windows, then restarted the game loading the quicksave before sitting in the chair. I then loaded the quicksave after standing up and the game worked! I don't know how long until I get another bug. I will keep you updated.

Recommend setting minimum graphics setting when using the emulator to minimize slowdown.

EDIT: using GOG Galaxy

Last edited:
I got this crash report please I need help!

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x177E0090.
File: <Unknown>(0)

Cyberpunk crash rport.JPG

WAIT

Hey there, I just tried to run the installer and it says I don't have visual studio (which I don't)

Which file should I download?
I'm on Windows 10 X64
Post automatically merged:

AVX issue

I was able to get past the chair problem by using the AVX editor as stated above. I loaded a quickave just before sitting down. After a breif cutscene I was prompted to stand up. I quicksaved after standing up, exited to windows, then restarted the game loading the quicksave before sitting in the chair. I then loaded the quicksave after standing up and the game worked! I don't know how long until I get another bug. I will keep you updated.

Recommend setting minimum graphics setting when using the emulator to minimize slowdown.

which installer did you use?

Thanks for providing this @faverodefavero
I'm going to send it as well

You go man, let's make them patch this thing up. Many other developers already did the same to their games in similar cases involving the need for AVX. So it's common practice and not even hard.

Hey there, I just tried to run the installer and it says I don't have visual studio (which I don't)

Which file should I download?
I'm on Windows 10 X64

which installer did you use?
Stand alone DRM free from Gog

You go man, let's make them patch this thing up. Many other developers already did the same to their games in similar cases involving the need for AVX. So it's common practice and not even hard.

Stand alone DRM free from Gog

I already bought it on steam, I'm trying to figure out the AVX emulator, it will not install on my system

Hey all, same is happening with me, doing the tutorial and i get outside and game crashes to desktop.

I found the below from AppData\Local\REDEngine\ReportQueue\Cyberpunk2077-20201210-202653-5896-8164\attch

Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.3214677 P4CL: 4155897 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)
Message: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.
File: <Unknown>
Line: 0

I got all the latest driver and RTX 2070 and solid gaming rig,

Sad.. took time off work for this...

Top Bottom