Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
If i play as street kid, as soon as the first mission starts it crashed, if i play as corpo it crashes as soon as i sit in the seat in the office it sends to, and as a nomad i can play the first car chase mission but as soon as it puts you in night city it crashes. they really need to fix this. i have an old cpu but its clocked up to 3.8ghz, 24gb ddr3 Ram, i do have it on an external harddrive because its enormous.. and i have a GTX 1080 6gb.. every other new game at least works. i dont get great framerates with watchdogs legion, but it didnt crash as often as this. maybe like 3 times in the 40 hrs i played it.

wouldnt make sense , im running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (build 19042) and still have the issue
Post automatically merged:

enjoy your computer having malware. are you really this gullible?
no malware lol check virustotal

Another dirty workaround for now...
Download Intel AVX emulator from here.
Unpack it to your CP2077 exe directory eg.:
C:\GOG\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64
start a command prompt navigate there and execute:
sde.exe -- Cyberpunk2077.exe
WAIT
After sometime the game will load running at very low FPS but at least you will be able to skip the crash point and make a save afterwards.
Then restart the game without emulator and continue playing....
Crashes every single time i try to open it.

Moderator: Hey, all. We're looking into this situation.

Could you please specify if your looking into the AVX issue specifically cause that's what we'd like to hear the " Yes we are working on the AVX issue" not being an ass but your post is very general not very specific...

Game crashing on old CPUs: possible fix

If you happen to have an old CPU you maybe having this crash:

Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)

The game is trying to use a feature you don’t have: AVX.

At the beginning playing corpo when you sit it crashes. A possible temporal solution while they fix this issue is to remove this part of code:

Edit Cyberpunk2077.exe with a hexadecimal editor and search for

554881ECA00000000F2970E8

Change the first byte to C3 (return from the function):

C34881ECA00000000F2970E8

Please note this fix is extremely simplistic and naïve. Moreover, it could crash the game later. This change seems to fix this crash and you can continue playing the game. I have only tested a few minutes more.

FAQ: Why are they using AVX?

They are not doing it on purpose, it is probably the default configuration of the compiler.

Okay so I think my issue is the AVX one. My game crashes at specific points where AVX is used to load something. The thing is, I've successfully bypassed previous AVX issues earlier in the game by doing the save-load or load-load trick but now my game crashes every time I try to exit the first braindance, which I can't fix myself because you're not allowed to save during it.

Has anyone found a way to bypass that one too?

Need news if avx will be fixed game looks fun and interesting can't enter night city it's silly...Street kid i leave bar and it crashes, nomad i watch night city video sequence with my friend jackie and it crashes back in car

The file size is the same as the origin, so he did not add anything into the file only edited it.
tomorrow I will upload a video to YouTube how to fix it by yourself with debug64 , so if you are afraid you can not download it.

I didn't read the whole tread, but for me deleting the pipeline cache helped, since it's just a cache this operation is completly safe since the game will just regenerate it, do to so:
  1. Press Windows key + R run this command %LocalAppData%
  2. Go to the folder called CD Projekt Red then Cyberpunk 2077
  3. Delete the cache folder
  4. The game should launch now

directx is not fine its broken game wont launch on windows 10 who cares abbout stupid avx
JUST CREATED NEW TREAD
IF IT CRASHS AT LAUNCH. CHECK WINDOWS VERSION

WINDOWS 10 LTSB NOT SUPPORTED. VERSION 1607 NOT SUPPORTED

Top Bottom