Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Game flatlines after launching
Intel i7
16GB Mem
Radeon r9 Fury
Windows 10
1607651087725.png

I'm more-or-less a game developer, for both a commercial and free game project (no connection/relation to this game or the company here).

It's not at all hard to untick anything. Considering how large the game is though (disk space wise & graphics) - and depending on what engine their using, it may take a while to put out a build. This isn't really much of a problem. The process that takes a bit longer is figuring out what is wrong. Sometimes it's very obvious and sometimes it feels like it can take ages (depending on the complexity of the issue)... and then the QA process has to begin - most of the time, before anything goes out - unless it's a critical fix in the works.

Now the thing with developers (I'm a little different since I'm a Mac guy - my hardware lasts/lives on for ages) is that they always have the latest and greatest hardware... it's almost an obsessive must (--and usually have a hard time understanding why everyone doesn't follow suit... it's the cost for the average player, plain and simple)... so when bugs like this happen on older hardware, devs are usually blindsided since the things they work on are tested 'n (usually) work perfectly on their new(er) PCs. Programmers are even more stubborn when things break... depending on the programmer.

Anywho, I guess my point is - if a can of worms has been opened here to the frustration of the masses - and if the developers for 2077, due to this fact, are really committed to getting this fixed, then they will. It may be soon perhaps or even bit of time before all is fixed (depending how bad the bug is and how may subsystems it effects -- how many have to be /partially/ rebuilt, if applicable -- and also, resourcing the older hardware to test it on).

...so please have some patience. I'm taking the devs for 2077 for their word that they're having a hard look at it. Patience- - I'm sure it'll get fixed 'n all'll be good in time :) .

Best of luck, all ^_^ ~

fofo,

Just curious to know.

So it is possible that they didn't even use the AVX functions in their game? it is just during compiling, they didn't bother to untick the AVX options?

By so called 'unticking' the default configuration, is this a long & complicated process to compile?

Fukk this game and publisher
Post automatically merged:

Fixed in time? Seriously? I already lost two days. The only solution seems a new Windows 10 install. Ridiculous how bad this release is. $hit on DirectX12 and DirectX12 Ultimate. $hit on any RTX 30xx foundry models that are not avalaible since months. $hit on these politics and a big shame for CD Project. I just want my money back.

How can a really old Windows7 OS work with this game and a Windows10 build1607 not????
Do they have even a quality-team that checks such stuff???
Why are they doing this to us???

Last edited:
Crashed with the AVX fix while speaking to Dex ih his ride. Two times, one was GI Pool allocation error, another one no crash report. Going to sleep, try again tomorrow. Possibly Fidelity FX issue, haven't checked yet.

DAMNIT it happened with mine too actually ... this'll be the next crash people talk about while using the avx fix lmfao.

Now I got this different crash report please I need help!
Because I changed/fixed my AVX I am not sure.
Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xC3E00090.
File: <Unknown>(0)

Interestingly, games such as Metro Exodus and Borderlands 3 have exactly the same minimum launch recommendations, but they run perfectly on older processors such as the first generation core and xeon. Because the processor now needs an upgrade much less than the video adapter, it is enough to buy a 1650+ video adapter and you play at ultra settings in any new game. Why can't we make a crutch like they did in the metro and borderlands and add hardware support for AVX for old processors?

I would also like to confirm that the string editing method on hexed.it works for non-AVX systems.

My system:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 (X58) LGA1366
Intel Xeon X5690
12 GB Triple Channel 1600 MHZ DDR3
1Tb SATA SSD
RTX2070 SUPER

I had to disable all overclocking on CPU and XMP profiles for it to stop BSOD'ing. Didn't happen with any other game before.

Running on Ultra (RT Off) @ 4K HDR DLSS Balanced 45-50 FPS

Edit: I forgot to add that the game is absolutely amazing in every aspect. I'm going to sleep now after 18 hours of trying to make it work. I was mad at this oversight from CDPR but honestly the sheer beauty and detail of this game blew me away so much that I forgive them.

Edit: I forgot to add that the game is absolutely amazing in every aspect. I'm going to sleep now after 18 hours of trying to make it work. I was mad at this oversight from CDPR but honestly the sheer beauty and detail of this game blew me away so much that I forgive them.
Amazing game? This is crap and a total ripoff. I can not even start the game. I will not forgive, no matter how nice it looks. I will not install a new OS just to play that crap/trash.
CD Project tried and FAILED badly.

I had the issue of the game crashing right after the tutorial.
i have an I7-960.
this solution worked for me:

>>>If you happen to have an old CPU you maybe having this crash:

>>>Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)

>>>The game is trying to use a feature you don’t have: AVX.

>>>At the beginning playing corpo when you sit it crashes. A possible temporal solution while they fix this issue is to remove his part of code:

>>>Edit Cyberpunk2077.exe with a hexadecimal editor and search for

>>>554881ECA00000000F2970E8

>>>Change the first byte to C3 (return from the function):

>>>C34881ECA00000000F2970E8

>>>Please note this fix is extremely simplistic and naïve. Moreover, it could crash the game later. This change seems to fix this crash and you can continue playing the game. I have only tested a few minutes more.

>>>FAQ: Why are they using AVX?

>>>They are not doing it on purpose, it is probably the default configuration of the compiler.

this is not my solution, i got it from here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kaoa3o

Game works great until a certain part 4 hours into the game using the AVX-fix posted above, after which it crashes again with the same error shown below.

Error Reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)
Message: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.

I tried twice and it crashed at two different instances at the same part with this error. I'm glad I got at least 4 hours of playtime out of this, hoping CDPR fixes it soon.

Guys, I found one Solution for the problem with DX12, the only one that works for me. After doing everything that I saw here in the group, I lost my temper and install SO again aaaaaaaaand didnt work either lol, but after using MSI Afterburner to see what was happening during the crash, I saw that for some reason Cyberpunk was going above my GPU Clock that I defined. I underclock my gpu so when goes upper than I defined, the game won't crash again. The thing is, CP2077 for some reason still making my gpu go to a clock above that I defined, but its bellow or rqual of the gpu real capacity. Also, it seems that is happening almost with ASUS GPU with ASUS Motherboard or just ASUS Motherboard or just ASUS GPU. Anyways, that's it, try to underclock your GPU A bit and see if works.

I spend 60€uros and could not play a single time in two days. No matter what they do now, the experience will not be the same, as friends and users will be days ahead and spoiler every aspect of the game.
I still can not believe how CD Project had the nerves to call this a RELEASE.

CPU: Intel i7 4770
Memory: 16GB
GPU: NV 1060 6GB
Running on SSD
Just jump out then GPU driver shutdown
WTF !
FIX IT !!!!!!!!!

Not a crash but important issue

Can’t progress the main story. Jackie doesn’t appear outside All Foods before confrontation with Maelstrom on the quest "The Pick Up" and also doesn't show up on the map, no route to where he is also...

Please fix asap, it's ruining my experience

Hardware:
  • CPU: i7-7700k
  • GPU: Gtx 1060 6GB
  • RAM: 16Gb
  • MOBO: Asus Z170-P
  • STORAGE: m.2 nvme 500GB
  • RESOLUTION (+ TARGET FPS): 1920x1080, no target, get from 35-45fps on average
  • PLATFORM: GOG

forgot to add that the game is absolutely amazing in every aspect. I'm going to sleep now after 18 hours of trying to make it work. I was mad at this oversight from CDPR b
Guys, I found one Solution for the problem with DX12, the only one that works for me. After doing everything that I saw here in the group, I lost my temper and install SO again aaaaaaaaand didnt work either lol, but after using MSI Afterburner to see what was happening during the crash, I saw that for some reason Cyberpunk was going above my GPU Clock that I defined. I underclock my gpu so when goes upper than I defined, the game won't crash again. The thing is, CP2077 for some reason still making my gpu go to a clock above that I defined, but its bellow or rqual of the gpu real capacity. Also, it seems that is happening almost with ASUS GPU with ASUS Motherboard or just ASUS Motherboard or just ASUS GPU. Anyways, that's it, try to underclock your GPU A bit and see if works.

How many offset did you push back? Mine still doesnt work. Using ASUS 1060

Here my main issue, as a lot of ''feels guys'' in this forum

Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Windows 10 LTSB v1607 (Build: 14393.4104)

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VII Hero-Wifi (AM4+/X470)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7-2700x (OC @ 4.0GHz) 8xCore/16xThreads
Graphic Card: AMD Radeon R9 290X (Sapphire Vapor-X Tri-X OC 4GB ED) Waiting for some stock of RX 6800 XT Strix...
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz
Monitor: Asus ROG Strix XG27WQ 27' ' Curved
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24''

Case: Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB :Mstar:
Cooler: Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB TT Premium Edition 360
HDD: Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe/ FireCuda Hybrid 2TB/ WD 3TB
PSU: 750W (Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB)

Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 (Silent Cherry)
Headset: Logitech G935 RGB

Graphic card updated: 8 december 2020
Motherboard: Last bios v.3103
Visual C++ / 2005-2019 from 0
All the most importante hardware drivers up do date as near as possible to this 10/12/2020

If it can help, no one of this games crashes in my previous attempts and after Cyberpunk 2077 release:

The Witcher 3, Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, The Crew 2, Resident Evil 5, GTA 5,
Street of Rage 4, Assassin Creed Valhalla, Fall Guys, League of Legends.

Other rigs tested and working without any crash / launch crash or freeze in Cyberpunk 2077 today ''friends rigs in a Lan Party''

Ryzen 2700x / RX 5700 XT ROG Strix 8GO OC Ed. / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz (Working perfectly in 2K High/Ultra)
Ryzen 1500x / GTX 970 MSI Armor X 4GO OC Ed. / Kingston Fury 16GO @ 2400Mhz (Working perfectly in FullHD Low/Mid)
i5 9600k / RTX 2070 Rog Strix 8GO OC Ed. / Kingston Predator RGB 16GO @ 3200Mhz (Working perfectly with RayTracing in FullHD High/Ultra)

Keeping hope to everyone here, waiting this game from 2012.

Emin3mD12

[quote_92]
It seems that Cyberpunk 2077 expects DirectX12 ULTIMATE, which requires Windows10 v2004. BUT and it is a big BUT, my Windows10 1607 will not update to v2004. I have DirectX12 installed and my dxdiag tells me that there are NO problems with it. So i guess it is this DirectX12 ULTIMATE bull$hit, that crashes our games.
[quote_90]
Here my main issue, as a lot of ''feels guys'' in this forum

Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Windows 10 LTSB v1607 (Build: 14393.4104)

If it can help, no one of this games crashes in my previous attempts and after Cyberpunk 2077 release:

The Witcher 3, Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, The Crew 2, Resident Evil 5, GTA 5,
Street of Rage 4, Assassin Creed Valhalla, Fall Guys, League of Legends.
[/quote]
NONE of these games use DirectX12 or DirectX12 Ultimate. I can not start any DirectX12 game with Windows10 v1607. Try a game like Red Dead Redemption 2 and tell us, it is working.
[/quote]

Hello guys for all with this issue specially those with Windows 10 LTSB v1607 (Build: 14393.4104) or some other version previous of Win10 2004 (update 04/2020) When Microsoft add the Direct X 12 Ultimate in the OS.

You just need to upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB v1607 to the LTSC v1809/v1909 or even better 20H2

Try to get this version exactly and just upgrade it (check for the language pack of course, need to be exactly the same as yours):

en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd

Some of previous advices help me to found the solution.

Specially U-Man user from Gog.com/forum about the Direct X 12 / Direct 12 Ultimate.

He enlighted me, this was exactly the main solution.

Hope this will help with all the people there with this W10 Enterprise LTSB v1607

Tip write this on youtube: download ltsc 2019

Good luck to everyone.

Emin3mD12

P.S. Thank you Guradem for trying to help me also!!!

Last edited:
So started as Nomad - when you enter Night City and there is a bunch of cutscenes - when it goes to load it looks like I am in a car and the game crashes every single time. Tried lowering gfx settings but didnt make a difference. I'm not using the GOG launcher (but disabled overlay as some suggested). Disabled steam overlay too.

Tried a new game as corpo - as i enter the office and hit "sit down" it also crashes. Not tried street kid yet but assuming there will be a point of crash there too.

Any suggestions?

EDIT to update system specs:
CPU: Intel i7 960 @ 3.2Ghz
Memory: 16GB
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390
Running on HDD (SSD out of space)

I know it is an old system.. but so far I've never had an issue playing anything. Seems a tonne of people have the exact same issue I have - crashing at the "exact" same spot (Sitting down in corpo start, or entry to city in nomad and getting a "glimps" of sitting in a car I think).

Appreciate anything to get this working - not a complain post but "can you help me" post :) I know it has tonnes of bugs and I need an upgrade :)

EDIT again: AVX fix exe worked for me and am now sitting in the car :) So yeah they just need to release an official fix..
Hey, I am in the exact same boat as you. We have essentially the same PC specs, I've got a 1070ti. I did two of three story modes as well (Nomad and Streets). On Streets, it crashes at the same place. On Nomad it crashes at the spot as you.

Have you found a solution??? Let me know! This is so frustrating

Top Bottom