Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Well I figured that the recent patch must have messed it up, but luckily I found out that you just had to verify the files. I guess it worked for my case and I hope it worked for you guys as well, at least those that bought it from Steam.

Verifying is definitely a good idea after a patch. I just straight up reinstall at this point. Not that it helps. Because NOTHING helps.
Im in the same boat my mind is blown someone fixed the problem on nexusmods and then there "hotfix" not only renders my game unplayable but jacked my graphics up... can I get a refund this is ridiculous...

AND it didn't even seem to attempt to address the bug half of this thread is about...
I just don't get what is going on their end. I'd forgive glitches if I could play through them but this is unplayable. And it's unplayable in a way that makes you think that, maybe, just maybe, this next thing is what will fix it. So when it doesn't the frustration is all the more acute.
Post automatically merged:

1.04 didn't fix the crashes. Still flat lining...
This is getting ridiculous.
Yep, fixing quest dead ends, and stuff is important. But I'd be more concerned about ppl not being able to play at all.
Yup.

Well I figured that the recent patch must have messed it up, but luckily I found out that you just had to verify the files. I guess it worked for my case and I hope it worked for you guys as well, at least those that bought it from Steam.
Same here, it just reinstalled 24.6gb (3 files) after the verification and is playable again.

Ayo guys heads up I just figured out something and it worked for me. I went to Steam to verify the integrity of the files. It found one of the files to have failed the check and I ran the verification of the files one more time and once it said all files were verified, it had to download the file that failed I guess (For me, it was a 7.2g file). I finished downloading it and I was finally able to get into the game. So for TL;DR:

Run verification of your files if you bought it from Steam.
If there are files that had failed the verification, keep running until the files are all verified.
Let it download whatever it needs to.
????
Profit
no profit. says all my files are good and i still cant make it to the menu screen.

any one know how to fix this
View attachment 11073101
Have the same or simmilar issue. Immediately after download patch 1.04 I'm getting this error. Ooops! Cyberpunk 2077 has stopped work. What happens? I want to play, but I can't. :(
Post automatically merged:

Have the same or simmilar issue like rexrave.
Immediately after download patch 1.04 I'm getting this error. Ooops! Cyberpunk 2077 has stopped work.

Attachments

• 2077 Error.PNG
    2077 Error.PNG
    15.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 2077 Error.PNG
    2077 Error.PNG
    15.3 KB · Views: 114
Same problem from the very beginning, even before 1.04.
After Nvidia driver update - i can play about 5-10 seconds.

I was a moron preordering this game, maybe i must refund it.
CDPR owes me about 6 to 8 hours of my life - installing drivers & codecs & Visual C libraries, reinstalling drivers with clean install, rebooting my pc ... All for nothing.

have the same error, still no fix, and f***ing cdpr isnt answering any support tickets

I got the same error with trying everything on GOG platform. Then, I decided to download the cracked version CODEX (Steam) to see if it would run or not. The result the game was up without any crash, I had 3 hours of playtime already without a single crash. If you really want to play right now, you should try it. Anyway, I am still trying to get it to work on the GOG platform.

Attachments

• Flatlined.png
    Flatlined.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 137
  • Playime 2.jpg
    Playime 2.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
guys also plz remember these guys arent 'bad' at making games, its a completely new iteration of their game engine and new engines always have a lot of teething issues to iron out, plus this has been the most massive launch of a game like... ever. literally even if 0.1% of people have issues thats still eight thousand or more people with issues playing. For some titles thats the entire playerbase, and 0.1% with issues is a pretty insane error margin.

if this was a game that was multiplayer and required a landgrab of sorts then i can totally understand peoples burning desire to have shit solved. issues will be dealt with in time for sure, give em time and just double check your returns policy expiration date so u can have the option to get ur money back if you feel the need to until a fix for your particular issue comes around.
As I said, there will be those who will justify incompetence. This is very bad, so we are where we are right now. I really don't think CDPR will ever fix it enough. Because they had a tremendous amount of time to do it before the release. I also very much doubt that cyberpunk can work normally right in the CDPR studio. But they released it. You don't have to be a visionary to know that at least half of the players will not request a refund hoping to repair the game.

As I said, there will be those who will justify incompetence. This is very bad, so we are where we are right now. I really don't think CDPR will ever fix it enough. Because they had a tremendous amount of time to do it before the release. I also very much doubt that cyberpunk can work normally right in the CDPR studio. But they released it. You don't have to be a visionary to know that at least half of the players will not request a refund hoping to repair the game.

I would say that the range of systems that show similar issues seems troubling.
I don't see how they couldn't of possibly tested systems with GTCX and RTX cards... that's about most of them. =/

Got the same exact issue, no matter what, the game crashes when I go to leave the bar, im running a:
  • Intel Xeon X5690 (6 Core, 12 Thread 3.46Ghz)
  • 48GB DDR3
  • Galax Geforce GTX 1070 8GB
absolute shame because my hardware, despite it being old, otherwise runs other games really well, left me disappointed and all excitement I once had for the game has flown out the window, a shame they never considered the likely possibility of budget gamers on X58/LGA1366
Very similar problem with similar hardware. I run it on Steam, with 2 Xeon 5680 3.33ghz and a RTX 2070 super. There's nothing to do, it crashes every single time when I exit the bar at the beginning of the Street Kid storyline. 2 update patches and still happening. Made sure my driver were also up to date, still happening. And I mean, I know my CPUs are old, but I run all my games at high or ultra, and on top of that, I never had a single one crashing on me. What the hell?

tried a few things now, only thing that (oddly) seems to change anything is resolution. I optimized my game through geforce experience and it crashes every 5/10 mins while playing, restored defaults in game and was able to play for a while (with like 12 FPS). Never got into the Witcher series, really wanted to enjoy this game from CDPR but oh man, this is super frustrating.

Same issue here :( cant get pass the tutorial on any class :( which sucks because the game looks amazing.

Tried almost everything >.< was even thing it was my computer but seeing this post it seems it's the game it self.

100% payed 79$ with taxes for nothing. feels like I just bought a Demo copy.

so disappointed :( please fix

I would say that the range of systems that show similar issues seems troubling.
I don't see how they couldn't of possibly tested systems with GTCX and RTX cards... that's about most of them. =/
That is why we are here. We are the testers. This is the same with every AAA title.
Still no excuse though

I also have similar issues on X5690, still after patch 1.04. I tested again and instant crash happens at the same spot, corpo, starting area, after trying to sit in the chair. I can only pass by applying the HEX modification in exe file.

Very similar problem with similar hardware. I run it on Steam, with 2 Xeon 5680 3.33ghz and a RTX 2070 super. There's nothing to do, it crashes every single time when I exit the bar at the beginning of the Street Kid storyline. 2 update patches and still happening. Made sure my driver were also up to date, still happening. And I mean, I know my CPUs are old, but I run all my games at high or ultra, and on top of that, I never had a single one crashing on me. What the hell?

Your CPU doesn't support AVX, which causes your issue. Edit the CyberPunk2077 executable in a hex editor, and replace 554881ECA00000000F2970E8 by C34881ECA00000000F2970E (Change the first byte to C3).

For now, it's the best way to fix this issue for people playing with old CPUs.

Ok, I've found a way to correct my problem with CP2077. It didn't start and i got the error flatling.
I've had an Win7 which I upgrade to Win10 but never did a full wipe between these two and had a lot of junk Code and Programs which were installed way back in 2017. Yesterday I tried to run 3DMark and it didn't work either. The only solution: full wipe und reinstall of Win10.
I did it and voila I can play the game.

I tried everything before hand, gpu uninstall, reinstall, update Win10, verify und reinstall CP2077 even went into the game files etc. But in the end it was my shitty upgrade of Window which only worked 99% of the time which was the cause of the crash.

Can't provide any screen shots, as my system goes "Nope, nope, nope" after and hour to three tops of play. AMD Drivers crash and stop working, resulting in CTD, with screen flickering and ending in static snow and auto re-boot of PC.

Playing on Low-Mid settings, while in game everything runs smoothly. Windows 7 64 bit, Radeon RX 580 8gb, Ryzen 5 1600, 16 GB of RAM and an the game installed on an SSD.

Top Bottom