Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
I can't even start the game, it crashes immediately hitting the .exe. Tried all the troubleshoots, nothing. I also have the game on PS4 Pro but it loooks so awful, I don't wanna play it like that.

Ryzen 3600
5700 XT

Game crash randomly

Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\engine\src\enginewatchdog.cpp(198)

anyone have this problem? or just me

Game crash randomly

File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\engine\src\enginewatchdog.cpp(198)

anyone have this problem? or just me
my bad, I didnt see ur problem here, I never saw it

Hi.
I've been having the error:
Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
File: <Unknown>(0)

I've just tried a new thing and it finally got my game to launch past pressing play on the redengine / steam play button.
on Win 10 Right click on desktop and click on display settings
go all the way down and click on Graphics settings
and turn on Variable refresh rate

after doing that it started working for me. Haven't seen past character creation but works perfectly.
This worked for me, everyone getting that error should try and do it
1607794911135.png

I set it up like this and selected best performance

I have since 16:16 nonstop crashes - and all are GPU related

Its unplayable now.

View attachment 11079539

Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)
get exactly the same error, pointing to a DX12 related error...

i really wanna know what Windows updates are needed for DX12 support under win 7 (my post earlier...)

Last edited:
POTENTIAL BREAKTHROUGH FOR NOT STARTING ISSUE

So I saw the post by AXILEXY but it didn't work. HOWEVER i fiddled a bit with screen refresh settings and noticed mine was set for 59 and not 60. well i decided to check what would happen if i set it to 60 BOOM the game launched. I'm gonna check how far i can get but so far it's the first time it started

POTENTIAL BREAKTHROUGH FOR NOT STARTING ISSUE

So I saw the post by AXILEXY but it didn't work. HOWEVER i fiddled a bit with screen refresh settings and noticed mine was set for 59 and not 60. well i decided to check what would happen if i set it to 60 BOOM the game launched. I'm gonna check how far i can get but so far it's the first time it started
already on 60Ghz so thats not the problem for me (GPU Crash report)

already on 60Ghz so thats not the problem for me (GPU Crash report)
Damn that's a shame :/ but maybe it will help at least someone. I had the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) , so i guess that's a different error resulting in a crash in the same spot.

Soooo....the game is basicly unplayable for me...first time it crashed right at the charackter editor...after that it worked well for a while....but now its bad, and i mean really bad, opening the map= Crash to Desktop, Spending Perkpoints= Ctd, Press escape and opening the main menu= crash, Get in a car= crash, reloading my gun= crash....basicly all i can do is walk around and play a ``Cyberpunk walking simulator 2077`` ....i had 6 n a half hours only to play the prolouge...and i hate to say it but....its getting hard to even find motivation to play it anymore....maybe someone knows how i could make it run longer than 10 minutes....and if not then im gonne wait for half a year or so til they figured it out and fixed it and use the taken diskspace for something that doesent crashes every 10-15 minutes if not even faster....it looks absolutley beautifull thou XD

Will the patch 1 .05 that is coming fix this issue? becouse i am sick of this message no matter what i do.

Attachments

• Flatlined error.png
    Flatlined error.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 629
i7 700k, GTX 1070, 16 GB Ram

During The Heist Mission: Delamain says Enemy Aircrafts are coming V gets out the Window, Aircrafts shoot and then the Crash. Anybody have the Same Issue?

!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Unhandled exception
File: <Unknown>
Line: 0

Let Steam Check File Integrity worked for me the game had to redownload 7.5GB of corrupted File Data

This worked for me, everyone getting that error should try and do it
View attachment 11079677
I set it up like this and selected best performance

Damn, it works ! Thanks guys !
Who have the below issue definitely try the above solution.

Error reason: Unhandled exception
File: <Unknown>(0)

My son figured out that if I disable raytracing, the problem below goes away

Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

My son figured out that if I disable raytracing, the problem below goes away

absolutely not for me (same crash report)

I know this will likely not help too many people here, but this is how I got my game to stop crashing: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (for free) following the instructions in this article -- https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/14/21065140/how-to-upgrade-microsoft-windows-7-10-free-os .

Essentially what tipped me off was a mod (sorry I don't remember who) that said Cyberpunk 2077 required DirectX 12 in order to run.

I did a bunch of research, and attempted multiple times to upgrade to DX12 on Windows 7, ultimately getting nowhere. A quick search around led me to the above article. A couple hours late, my rig was set up. To be safe I reinstalled my graphics driver for the umpteenth time, reverified the install (in case there was any difference in the Win7 and Win10 install) before attempting to run it.

Previously my longest run without a crash was about 40 minutes. 5-10 minutes was way more common. Was getting constant crashes of 'GPU Failed for unknown reason!" Now I have managed a couple 2 hour sessions with no real problems, outside of the known graphics glitches.

Now -- I'll list my specs below, but I'm essentially at the very low end of system requirements. Most gamers these days would consider the settings I use 'unplayable', but I still find myself enjoying the game, now that I can actually run it. I look forward to some day being able to upgrade and see the game as it was probably meant to be seen, but in the mean time I'm having a good time.

Good luck to anyone else who is currently struggling, and sticking with it.

i7 - 2600k
GTX 1650
(Now) Windows 10 home
1 TB HDD

All settings about as low as can be.

Is there any estimate date/time on next patch? Game keeps crashing on start. Spent whole day trying to make it start, trying a lot of suggestions, but to no avail.
Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.3217599 P4CL: 4158334 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Assert
Expression:
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp
Line: 40

Top Bottom