Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Hello I found a solution for my crashes.
I enabled Dynamic FidelityFX CAS to get bestter Frames.
This crashe the game on my machine after 5 to 10 minutes.

So I disable Dynamic FidelityFX CAS, and it runs now
hope this helps someone.

My Machine is:
  • Ryzen3700x/ X570
  • 32GB RAM game is on pcie-4 SSD
  • 6800xt
  • Newest Windows Updates/Drivers/Bios....
  • Game Version 1.0.4

Games Settings are:
  • Resulution @2K VSync (75 HZ) on.
  • Preset Ultra
  • Texture High

I also have other Bugs but now i can play it.
It only crashes when i close the game but thats ok :sneaky:

Last edited:
Not sure who to tell or where to post this. That being said I figured I would let everyone know to keep an eye out on there system recourses for Cyberpunk 2077 I noted that the game was still actively taking up a lot of system resources and hour or two after I ended the program.

I'm exhausted....I now have six hours of "play time"(read: trying to get the game to run) and accumulated a grand total of 2.5 gb worth of crash reports in my user folder.

I have tried nearly everything in this thread as well as others...

I have taken apart my computer to clean out all the dust and reconnected all the parts. I even tried my old(but perfectly functional - kept as backup) 2070S and another PSU but no dice. I don't know what else to do anymore.

No, I will not reinstall my OS. Nor will I reformat my drive. And I mostly definitely will not take apart my 3080 to reapply thermal paste. Not when this is the only game in my entire library that has issues even getting its foot out of the front door.

CDPR....for the love of God...

Last edited:
Hardware: i9 10850K, MSI Meg Unify Z490, Samsung pro m.2 Nvme, Steam

Randomly get black screen and complete signal loss to my monitor requiring me to hard restart the pc. Issue is isolated to this game. Very concerned this is damaging my hardware. Card and CPU are not running hot, and the crash can occur on game boot or 2 hours in or 20 mins in. I've removed and manually installed the new nvidia drivers as instructed, and crash persists.

Otherwise, game runs amazing on my 5120x1440 monitor.

Again, I play intensive GPU and CPU sims and in and out of VR and have no issues with this brand new build.
I also just completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game with hopes maybe day one patch didnt sync for whatever reason, same issue. I have a tempered glass case and I can see the GPU LED shutting off while rest of pc is on.
Ran a bunch of stress tests with 3d mark and other games and no issue.

Anyone else experiencing something similar? Very concerned...

Hardware: i7 7700K, Aorus z270x K5, RTX 2060, GOG

I'm having the same exact problem, I have tried multiple times to play the game. I had to reset my BIOS every time this problem happened. Tried reinstalling the game, didn't work, reinstalled windows too and it also did not word.

Hey,

if someone has issues with GPU related errors like:

Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Try to lower your graphics settings and resolution.
For example native resolution of my monitor is 4K. Tried to play at lowest graphics settings at 4K. Did not work. Got crashes each 10 min or even less.
But after setting in-game resolution to 1080 everything works. Enjoying the game 1,5h already.
It is not perfect but better than nothing.

GPU 2080, CPU Ryzen 2700

Just adding my error report of crashing while hitting play. Tried everything short of completely reinstalling Windows (though I did do an update) with no change. Including the resolution/display settings changes in the last few pages.

I fixed it by buying Assassin's Creed Valhalla, which is a game instead of a PC troubleshooting simulator. See you in a few weeks!

Just adding my error report of crashing while hitting play. Tried everything short of completely reinstalling Windows (though I did do an update) with no change. Including the resolution/display settings changes in the last few pages.

I fixed it by buying Assassin's Creed Valhalla, which is a game instead of a PC troubleshooting simulator. See you in a few weeks!
So you fixed it by buying a game that is full of micro trans.. Damn U R MART.
What a joker you are... I bet you think " I had to wait for this release. I am the one that is hurting " GTFO wantabe!

I found my solution , maybe help you ! and try it not hurts.
Error : AVX // MEMORY ACCESS

My setup (I love Bottleneck) :
i7-3770K - HAS AVX (?? CONFUSED)
Sabertooth Z77
msi GTX 1070
32 RAM dd3
1td SDD

Windows 10 Pro Last update
Nvidia Last update

What I Do:
-In bios disable all manuals overclockings ( CDPK don't like my oc setup :( ) // use default automatic oc from my motherboard.
- Disable Rivatuner & Afterburner
- Kill all unnecessaries process ( im use Wise Game booster, but you can do manually)

And THE NEW TRICK (maybe a placebo)
-Open WINDOWS POWER SHELL (ADMIN)
- Put This and ENTER
bcdedit /set xsavedisable 0

Tecnicaly this enable AVX --- Some Web People says “win10 disable avx” other say “ they cannot be true” bla bla bla

btw: im use avx fix.

The game worked like a charm for 4 hours ...

PD : IF IT WORK, YOU ARE BLESSED BY RNG GOD, IF NOT … MAYBE YOU NEED PRAY MORE OFTEN.

Hey,

if someone has issues with GPU related errors like:

Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Try to lower your graphics settings and resolution.
For example native resolution of my monitor is 4K. Tried to play at lowest graphics settings at 4K. Did not work. Got crashes each 10 min or even less.
But after setting in-game resolution to 1080 everything works. Enjoying the game 1,5h already.
It is not perfect but better than nothing.

GPU 2080, CPU Ryzen 2700

I'm glad you found a solution that works for you but no dice for me even though I have the same error.

I have tried setting it at absolute potato settings(either lowest or disabled) and even set it to 1024x768(the lowest it would let me go). If knocking it further back to 640 x 480 would enable me play, I would take it! But alas, it doesn't allow me to go any lower.

What a joker you are... I bet you think " I had to wait for this release. I am the one that is hurting " GTFO wantabe!
He's right though. Valhalla is a playable, enjoyable game. The fact that it also contains microtransactions doesn't deter from that, you can play it and not use them at all.

Doesn't mean microtransactions aren't a shitty practice but including them doesn't automatically make the game bad.

I finally managed to get it to launch for the first time. I was constantly getting the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) error. It would flatline the moment I pressed play on GOG. What FINALLY helped was this:
  1. Changed my resolution to a much lower than my native one (Windows 10, click right clik on your desktop, screen resolution, pick a low one that will make your icons super big and ugly)
  2. I attempted to launch the game like this. It launched immediately
  3. Changed the in-game resolution to my native one because it had the small one I picked a moment ago, and then I closed the game
  4. Changed my desktop resolution back to my native one again (no more giant icons), then launched the game and it succesfully launched finally
NONE of the other solutions worked for me except for this. I hope it helps some of you<3
I love you, now, 2 almost 3 days after launch i can finally start the game for the first time.

I can't understand that all the big companies can't get their games done. Ubisoft, Activision, EA ... all bring semi-finished products to market
They had so much development time .... Game will probably work after 20 patches ...

i keep getting a crash during the search and destroy mission when you are trying to escape, wont let me progress further

Just pointing out again that CDPR Support is now up and running:

Follow the FAQ all the way to the end of the appropriate section, ensuring you have followed all given suggestions. If the problem persists, use the "Contact Us" options at the end.

If people used any modifications to the game files, be sure you restore the vanilla files BEFORE you install any updates.

I bought a game that works and I want to play. I'm a 47 year old man and I can afford the microtransactions if I want, although I tend not to buy them. I thought it was mildly funny in a thread that seriously lacking humor. Sorry it got you all butt hurt.

While I am a bit frustrated, you notice I didn't hurl any insults at the developers. I'm not childish like that.

I'll be sticking around though. Sorry not to fulfill your GTFO wish. I do still want to play when it gets fixed.

Top Bottom