Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Looks like not many of you guys read the thread, just complain all the time :)

Once again, turning OFF hardware acceleration in Windows 10 TOTALLY solved GPU crashes for me. Yesterday I was playing the whole day on 1.04 and didn't get a single crash! Just some occasional glitches.

BTW the game runs pretty smooth on high settings for some reason, unlike prettty bad performance for the first week, when it was crashing like every 5 minutes.

And I must say, that the game is just gorgeous, really sorry for CD RED that it had probably the worst launch ever :(

Some of us are not seeing the option to disable hardware acceleration. I am running windows 10 and in the spot I get referred too, I do not see the option.

Hotfix still doesn't fix the AVX issue. But now the mod that changes the Hex code isn't up to date I believe (which is how i fixed the flatline on initial start up). While it still loads the game, something in the update made my screen go black, and only the hud shows up, with audio when I load my save. It seems I can walk around (blindly) and then it crashes after a min. Will there be another mod / update? All other updates and solutions have been tried.

Last edited:
I was getting the flatline crash during the logo screens, changed the Cyberpunk exe to use Windows 8 compatibility mode and now it loads fine. I also had to disable all overlays like Riva, Afterburner, Steam, etc. (I'm running the latest Windows 10 version)

not even compatibility mode helped me, tried testing it on win 8 compatibility mode, still crashes on boot
never had a single crash before 1.04, now im getting desperate to play it, as i havent been able to since the first hotfix

I don't know if this will help anyone but what I did was go to MSI Afterburner and reset my overclock to default. So far I've been playing for 15 minutes and haven't crashed. Before I did this, I would crash within 1-3 mins into my load.

I can confirm that this game is absolute trash when you overclock the GPU. It's an unstable mess, every single time you go to the settings menu there is about a 90% risk of the game freezing and crashing.

Remove the GPU overclock and things are stable but sadly in this game I was really benefitting from that OC, I could run the game smoothly at everything in max quality without dynamic res. Without the OC I can start to feel the FPS drop so I have to tweak the settings to get better performance. Oh well, I thought the latest patch was going to fix this but I think it ended up being worse because 10 minutes into gameplay the game crashed and this time I didn't even have to go to the settings menu (before it never crashed during gameplay, only during menus)

At least I can play it and it runs and looks fine, it's just annoying.

Have they fixed the AVX CTDs with 1.05 or do I need to download the mod to fix the issue again? If I need to get the mod can someone provide the link, please?

I bought the game yesterday, downloaded it and today was in character creation for like 2 hours and when i finished i pressed to play the game and it crashed now it will not even start up, it crashes on launch

my specs:
Ryzen 9 3900x cpu
32gb 3200mhz ram
Rtx 2060 gpu
Windows 10 64bit os

i just wanna play the game man lol what the hell.

To everyone also getting the crash "GPU crash for unknown reasons", i fixed it today (for me atleast). I installed a new mainboard with new cpu and ram yesterday, before i played 15+ hours with little to no crashes on the old gear. After i installed the new components, i got crashes every 10 minutes.
So i got up this morning and re-installed the game. I also checked my device manager in Windows 10 and it said "PCI-E device faulty". I found a reddit post that you have to download the current chipset driver for your mainboard.
So, basically i did three things: 1. Re-installed the game, 2. downloaded current chipset driver 3. turned of OC on my GTX 1070 AND the ingame Geforce experience overlay. I played for 6 hours now without a crash.

Last edited:
Still crashing consistently at the VDB lair trying to fight them. Crashes not even 30 seconds into battle literally after every time I load up, shoot 2 pistol clips, and crashes. Was running consistently fine until 1.05 was released. Now I can't even play 2 minutes without a complete crash....

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 8-core
MSI 1070Ti OC
1TB SSD

latest Nvidia drivers.

stacktrace:
Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Last edited:
I don't know if this will help anyone but what I did was go to MSI Afterburner and reset my overclock to default. So far I've been playing for 15 minutes and haven't crashed. Before I did this, I would crash within 1-3 mins into my load.
UPDATE: So far so good, haven't crashed yet

it is ridiculous, pre Patch 1.05 i fixed the GPU crash most the time with underclocking my GPU... after the new patch it crashes again every few minutes... the game like this with crashes every minute is absolutly unplayable its a shame! i was so hyped about the game and when it runs properly its so much fun...

The game crashes ALL THE TIME on my PC, and I just tried the 1.05 patch and not only did the game crash in less than a minute, but so did the crash reporter!
Here's some relevant hardware specs:
* CPU: AMD R9 3900X
* GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 580 OC 8GB
* MotherBoard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro
* Memory: 1 stick 16GB Kingston HyperX Predator at 3600MHz
* running off a SATA SSD

The two errors I've constantly gotten in the stacktrace file are:
1. Gpu Crash for unknown reasons
2. Out of Memory (when I have 5 unused gigabytes and the game takes up about 3 and a half).

I even got the memory graph for one of those "out of memory" crashes

Attachments

• memory.png
    memory.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 86
If you are running Windows Insider Edition, the last update is what was causing the immediate crashes after hitting `play`.
I rolled back the update and have had zero issues since. I hope this helps someone.
Post automatically merged:

I bought the game yesterday, downloaded it and today was in character creation for like 2 hours and when i finished i pressed to play the game and it crashed now it will not even start up, it crashes on launch

my specs:
Ryzen 9 3900x cpu
32gb 3200mhz ram
Rtx 2060 gpu
Windows 10 64bit os

i just wanna play the game man lol what the hell.
Are you running Insider edition? I had to roll back to a standard update and it fixed the play crash issue for me.

I pre-ordered this game on steam. I haven't been able to play it due to crashes. I'm getting the same error everyone is getting which is the GPU crash problem. I tried almost everything i can find and i still keep crashing within seconds into the game. I'm close to giving up on this game, If anyone have any suggestions please do let us know.

Redownloaded the game (with my slow connection takes 12 hours each) 4 times in 10 days, to try different versions of windows/patches/drivers and do clean installs. TO NO AVAIL.

Top Bottom