Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Guys! Guys! This is indeed critical. 150 hours ingame - a couple of minor crashes. However, now it crashes during the drone flight in Forward to Death mission near the second gate where the drone turns around. Tried to load an older save, reduce graphics, reset pc... change... language? No matter what the game crashes in this very moment. I hate it so much. The game was absolutely fine until this drone. Search doesn't help. Any ideas? Anyone? What could possibly go wrong?

200+ hours and only two crushes, now on my second play-through as nomad it started crushes much more often!! First it was one spot in Arroyo after I hit 50lvl around 300 something hours! Now it's unplayable, first game freezes for almost a minute and then it crashes and it happens every 30 sec!!!!!!

Update on this?
Sorry, just had a chance to play again. I used the uninstaller to remove 461.09 and also used DDU, unplugged my ethernet cable to make sure Windows didn't try to install something itself, and then I installed 460.79.

I just started the game and didn't have any issues. I didn't play for very long---mostly wanted to make sure it worked. Came here to report. I'm going to start it up again and see if anything goes wrong, and maybe actually play for a bit. Then I'll update ASAP.

**edit: well, I'm having an issue now with the mouse cursor being stuck in the middle of the screen. It did this when I launched the game just a while ago. I tried changing from Fullscreen to Borderless Window mode, and the game locked up, although the main menu music kept going. At least my PC didn't reboot.

***edit: I think the problem was Cyber Engine Tweaks. I was using it to skip the intro videos/press space to breach screen, not that it skips much. I also had the 'vignette while crouched' disabled in its setup file, and I wonder if that in particular was causing the problem. Anyway, the game seems to be running fine. I can hit Esc to pause without any problems. I hope it stays that way. If anything changes, I'll update this post again.

Last edited:
...and my PC rebooted.

This won't be caused by a game. If your PC ever powers down or restarts automatically, it's something that was triggered by either the OS or the BIOS, and it will be either a file system or hardware error. (In my experience, it's usually the PSU, but I have had it happen with both a bad GPU and bad mobo before. The GPU had bad adhesive on the actual processor, so it physically disconnected from the board when it became hot enough, creating a small surge. The mobo had a manufacturing flaw on the underside that could create a bridge at random times. Most of the times I've had to deal with it, it's been very sporadic and a result of the PSU being either damaged out-of-the-box or just old and worn out.)

I'm very sure the game still has some stability issues that need to be ironed out, but software (even malicious software) has almost 0% chance of causing a power-down or reboot. That's indicative of a failsafe firing in order to prevent damage.

I came to this thread curious and am very surprised to see so many people having PC crashes,
I still didn't have one single crash in 260+ hours since 1.4, and playing it at full ultra + RT, so it's probably rig related problems.

I came to this thread curious and am very surprised to see so many people having PC crashes,
I still didn't have one single crash in 260+ hours since 1.4, and playing it at full ultra + RT, so it's probably rig related problems.

Me neither. I've not crashed once since I did the Win10 upgrade. But I was crashing consistently under Windows 7.

Don't worry you'll get yours, I'm on my second play-through 334 hours in and I simply can't play any more my game crushes every 10 seconds! Literally every 10 seconds , I'm stuck in Glen and cant progress...

did you have to do any initial tweaking with any video/window/nvidia settings or did it always work?

Guys! Guys! This is indeed critical. 150 hours ingame - a couple of minor crashes. However, now it crashes during the drone flight in Forward to Death mission near the second gate where the drone turns around. Tried to load an older save, reduce graphics, reset pc... change... language? No matter what the game crashes in this very moment. I hate it so much. The game was absolutely fine until this drone. Search doesn't help. Any ideas? Anyone? What could possibly go wrong?
Ok, the problem solved by switching to a fullscreen mode. Was playing in a window. I am not sure why exactly it did help but this is basically it.

I'm copying my issue and solution that i posted in another thread because it might help some of you since I was having similar/same issues.

Ryzen 5 3600
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz
Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC
Corsair RM750W power supply.
Playing all maxed out 1440p

EDIT: Cyberpunk no longer crashes. I've been playing for 5 hours now and no crashes occured/no reboots. Not sure if BIOS or chipset driver update helped.

EDIT2: For those who were concerned about audio issues crashing PC. I'm using wireless headphones (Logitech G733) and Bluetooth mouse (Logitech MX Anywhere 2). I did upgrade bluetooth drivers from MSI site but it seems that it was BIOS or chipset driver in the end that helped.

Greetings all, i had issues with CP2077 flatlining every 5-10minutes and BSOD every hour or so (apparently something with bluetooth and wireless) since switching graphics card (went from GTX970) and updating CP2077 to 1.04 and later. This doesn't happen on any other game that i play.
I've tried everything from updating Windows including optional updates, graphics drivers, rolling back drivers, reinstalling the game, verifying/repairing files multiple times and even repairing windows, turning off all non essential programs, running game with admin settings, and running the game without GOG launcher and the issue remained.
Yesterday I went directly to MSI motherboards drivers, downloaded and installed everything from bluetooth to chipset drivers and new BIOS update and now I've been playing for 2 hours without any issues. BIOS update has reset my settings and i didn't touch them since then but I believe that wasn't the issue since I had everything on default before except XMP and CPU virtualization turned on. I'll post any updates today once I get home and reapply my old settings to BIOS to see if it starts crashing again, but for now, I'm holding my fingers crossed and hoping that my issues got solved.

I'm very sure the game still has some stability issues that need to be ironed out, but software (even malicious software) has almost 0% chance of causing a power-down or reboot. That's indicative of a failsafe firing in order to prevent damage.
That's what I am afraid of. I was really hoping my hardware isn't failing, especially my new video card and power supply unit. I installed them at the same time. I'd upgraded from a 750W Seasonic Prime Titanium to a 1000W Seasonic TX-1000 (the new version of their Prime Titanium line), just in case I'd need the overhead wattage. So I'm hoping the PSU wasn't partially defective. Same thing with the 3080.

I haven't had any issues with other games, but, out of curiosity, I ran the latest version of OCCT. I tried the PSU stress test first, and it was running without errors for a few minutes, but was heating my CPU up about 15 degrees hotter than I would have liked, so I stopped after about 4 minutes. I know that's really not enough time, but I was just curious, because I'd never used that test on previous versions of OCCT. Then I ran the 3D test, which stresses the GPU. It ran for maybe 1.5 minutes, got 400+ errors, and then my PC rebooted. So I guess I do have some kind of hardware issue. :(

I haven't had as much time as I'd like to play Cyberpunk and test it some more. Knowing I might have failing hardware will bother me, though. I'll try reseating the GPU and unplugging/replugging all the power connectors ( by the way, I'm not using daisy-chained PSU to GPU connectors; I'm using separate cables for each power connector on the GPU, from the PSU).

Sorry, just had a chance to play again. I used the uninstaller to remove 461.09 and also used DDU, unplugged my ethernet cable to make sure Windows didn't try to install something itself, and then I installed 460.79.

I just started the game and didn't have any issues. I didn't play for very long---mostly wanted to make sure it worked. Came here to report. I'm going to start it up again and see if anything goes wrong, and maybe actually play for a bit. Then I'll update ASAP.

**edit: well, I'm having an issue now with the mouse cursor being stuck in the middle of the screen. It did this when I launched the game just a while ago. I tried changing from Fullscreen to Borderless Window mode, and the game locked up, although the main menu music kept going. At least my PC didn't reboot.

***edit: I think the problem was Cyber Engine Tweaks. I was using it to skip the intro videos/press space to breach screen, not that it skips much. I also had the 'vignette while crouched' disabled in its setup file, and I wonder if that in particular was causing the problem. Anyway, the game seems to be running fine. I can hit Esc to pause without any problems. I hope it stays that way. If anything changes, I'll update this post again.
Thank you for updating us!

Ok, this is weird. I have been playing on PC for 20 hours now, no issues other than the usual bugs here and there. Since two days ago the game keeps crashing after maybe 1 or 2 minutes of play. I have all the drivers up to date, had steam verify the files, like I said, it was working fine a few days ago. So now I cant figure out what is causing this, except that, weirdly enough it seems to crash every time I gain experience, that is the only thing I have noticed is constant every time it crashes. Its not the "flatline" crash, its more like the game just freezes and I cant quit out of it, I just have to close the game through task manager.

Really strange, but again, it seems to happen right after I finish an assault, or killing a few guys, and I get the experience pop-up on the left hand side, and its frozen.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

I'd upgraded from a 750W Seasonic Prime Titanium to a 1000W Seasonic TX-1000 (the new version of their Prime Titanium line), just in case I'd need the overhead wattage. So I'm hoping the PSU wasn't partially defective. Same thing with the 3080.

I always over-do it on the power end myself. Always good to have a little overhead!

However, that's where I would start. It could be something as simple as a physical connection on the mobo not plugged all the way in. But I'd start by swapping out the PSU to test, if you still have the 750 MW one.

Do you have any idea how much power draw is actually being used?

Tools like GPU-Z (my favorite) can be used to figure out exactly what was happening when the PC hangs / reboots. If it reports anything about voltage, I'd say that's strongly leaning toward the PSU.

Really strange, but again, it seems to happen right after I finish an assault, or killing a few guys, and I get the experience pop-up on the left hand side, and its frozen.

This sounds like a bug. And one that can be re-created, especially if it happens in more than one spot. This is goody for squishing bugs. If you're willing, send that on in to ye olde CDPR Tech Support.

Do you have any idea how much power draw is actually being used?

Tools like GPU-Z (my favorite) can be used to figure out exactly what was happening when the PC hangs / reboots. If it reports anything about voltage, I'd say that's strongly leaning toward the PSU.

I do have GPU-Z, but normally use HWinfo. I have an uninterruptable power supply (UPS), also a newer one, upgraded to 1500VA/1000W (I had a 600W UPS, previously). I have it connected to my PC with a USB cable, and HWinfo can read the data coming from it, including battery charge and UPS load. I look at the UPS load to see how much power is being used, although it also includes my monitor (27" 1440p) and two external hard drives. Normally, it uses up to 500-600W, total. When I ran the OCCT PSU test, I saw it hit 660W. I'm not sure exactly how much it pulled while I ran the GPU test.

I just ran Timespy in stress test mode, no problems. I also use RTSS with HWinfo, and I can see my GPU Power was maxed at 380W while it was running. And my UPS reported a total UPS power draw of 550W ( my monitor and external HDDs are included in that, I assume). I cancelled the test after a few runs, because I forgot that it runs on a loop 20 times.

**And I just finished a Port Royal stress test. 99.8% Passed. 20 loops, no crashes. Same wattage readings.

***I just reseated my video card and unplugged/re-plugged all the power cables. I also blew out the PCIe slot for good measure. No idea if any of it helped, but it couldn't have hurt.

****Just ran OCCT's 3D Test again for a few minutes: no errors, no crashes, no restarts.

Last edited:
Might be speaking too soon but I'm on a no crash record right now after disabling XMP. used to crash every 5-10 minutes non stop and I am almost an hour in a no issues so far. Everything RT psycho/ultra but film grain/ CA/ DoF / LF off.

3080 GTX TUF GAMING

Will update, fingers crossed

EDIT: been 36 hours no crash, I think that was it!! Thank god..

Last edited:
why do u even wrote it? what are u trying to prove? All people here knows that there is lots of people who has no problems...
are u just spamming or something?

Still having issues with mirrors crashing the living f*$k out of my card every time one pops up. I hope they get around to fixing this damn problem soon. Everything else works fine, just the damn mirrors are my only problem. Now I'm just waiting for the mirrors to brick my GPU in the near future.

Last edited:
Ok, this is weird. I have been playing on PC for 20 hours now, no issues other than the usual bugs here and there. Since two days ago the game keeps crashing after maybe 1 or 2 minutes of play. I have all the drivers up to date, had steam verify the files, like I said, it was working fine a few days ago. So now I cant figure out what is causing this, except that, weirdly enough it seems to crash every time I gain experience, that is the only thing I have noticed is constant every time it crashes. Its not the "flatline" crash, its more like the game just freezes and I cant quit out of it, I just have to close the game through task manager.

I experience something like that.

Played the game for over 130 hours with only a few freezes/crashes. Didn't play yesterday, but today the game crashed after a few minutes of play over and over again. I tried re-installing my GPU drivers, and now the game crashes right after I continue/load a game.

The only thing different is a Windows 10 update that took place the night before. Maybe that screwed everything up.

Out of nowhere the game now crashes on the main menu continue button. Also crashes when loading from a game save. Error message Cyberpunk Flatlined. The only thing that has changed recently is Epic Games was recently updated. Other games continue to work through.

Top Bottom