Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
The game won't even start and keep tell me this Report "Cyberpunk2077-20220219-110301-16908-6620" over and over. and say "Whoa! cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined".
Got a really good pc
No mods was downloaded
I just updated the game for patch 1.5

Can you help me I just want to play the game and i have been at for four days like uninstall and then install and still nothing.

Full error report

Version=1
EventType=REDEngineErrorReport
EventTime=0
ReportIdentifier=ffffffff-ffffffff-00000001-00000000
Sig[0].Name=StackHash
Sig[0].Value=0x0000000000000000
Sig[1].Name=ErrorReason
Sig[1].Value=Unhandled exception
Sig[2].Name=InternalVersion
Sig[2].Value=3.0.3861284 P4CL: 4719897 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Release
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=10.0.19044.2.0.0.256.1
LoadedModule[0]=Cyberpunk2077.exe
LoadedModule[1]=ntdll.dll
LoadedModule[2]=KERNEL32.DLL
LoadedModule[3]=KERNELBASE.dll
LoadedModule[4]=apphelp.dll
LoadedModule[5]=AcLayers.DLL
LoadedModule[6]=msvcrt.dll
LoadedModule[7]=USER32.dll
LoadedModule[8]=win32u.dll
LoadedModule[9]=GDI32.dll
LoadedModule[10]=gdi32full.dll
LoadedModule[11]=msvcp_win.dll
LoadedModule[12]=ucrtbase.dll
LoadedModule[13]=SHLWAPI.dll
LoadedModule[14]=ADVAPI32.dll
LoadedModule[15]=sechost.dll
LoadedModule[16]=RPCRT4.dll
LoadedModule[17]=sfc.dll
LoadedModule[18]=WINSPOOL.DRV
LoadedModule[19]=sfc_os.DLL
LoadedModule[20]=AcGenral.DLL
LoadedModule[21]=ole32.dll
LoadedModule[22]=combase.dll
LoadedModule[23]=SHELL32.dll
LoadedModule[24]=USERENV.dll
LoadedModule[25]=MPR.dll
LoadedModule[26]=SspiCli.dll
LoadedModule[27]=IMM32.DLL
LoadedModule[28]=SETUPAPI.dll
LoadedModule[29]=cfgmgr32.dll
LoadedModule[30]=libcurl.dll
LoadedModule[31]=bcrypt.dll
LoadedModule[32]=WS2_32.dll
LoadedModule[33]=icuin.dll
LoadedModule[34]=dbghelp.dll
LoadedModule[35]=OLEAUT32.dll
LoadedModule[36]=WLDAP32.dll
LoadedModule[37]=CRYPT32.dll
LoadedModule[38]=Normaliz.dll
LoadedModule[39]=bink2w64.dll
LoadedModule[40]=icuuc.dll
LoadedModule[41]=XINPUT9_1_0.dll
LoadedModule[42]=PhysX3Common_x64.dll
LoadedModule[43]=PhysX3CharacterKinematic_x64.dll
LoadedModule[44]=Galaxy64.dll
LoadedModule[45]=PhysX3Cooking_x64.dll
LoadedModule[46]=PhysX3_x64.dll
LoadedModule[47]=PxFoundation_x64.dll
LoadedModule[48]=redlexer_native.dll
LoadedModule[49]=d3d11.dll
LoadedModule[50]=VERSION.dll
LoadedModule[51]=POWRPROF.dll
LoadedModule[52]=amd_ags_x64.dll
LoadedModule[53]=HID.DLL
LoadedModule[54]=oo2ext_7_win64.dll
LoadedModule[55]=WINMM.dll
LoadedModule[56]=VCRUNTIME140.dll
LoadedModule[57]=MSVCP140.dll
LoadedModule[58]=WININET.dll
LoadedModule[59]=IPHLPAPI.DLL
LoadedModule[60]=MSWSOCK.dll
LoadedModule[61]=dxgi.dll
LoadedModule[62]=VCRUNTIME140_1.dll
LoadedModule[63]=icudt.dll
LoadedModule[64]=UMPDC.dll
LoadedModule[65]=gameoverlayrenderer64.dll
LoadedModule[66]=PSAPI.DLL
LoadedModule[67]=CRYPTBASE.DLL
LoadedModule[68]=bcryptPrimitives.dll
LoadedModule[69]=kernel.appcore.dll
LoadedModule[70]=windows.storage.dll
LoadedModule[71]=Wldp.dll
LoadedModule[72]=SHCORE.dll
LoadedModule[73]=CRYPTSP.dll
LoadedModule[74]=rsaenh.dll
LoadedModule[75]=napinsp.dll
LoadedModule[76]=pnrpnsp.dll
LoadedModule[77]=wshbth.dll
LoadedModule[78]=NLAapi.dll
LoadedModule[79]=DNSAPI.dll
LoadedModule[80]=NSI.dll
LoadedModule[81]=winrnr.dll
LoadedModule[82]=mdnsNSP.dll
LoadedModule[83]=fwpuclnt.dll
LoadedModule[84]=rasadhlp.dll
LoadedModule[85]=secur32.dll
LoadedModule[86]=clbcatq.dll
LoadedModule[87]=wbemprox.dll
LoadedModule[88]=wbemcomn.dll
LoadedModule[89]=wbemsvc.dll
LoadedModule[90]=fastprox.dll
LoadedModule[91]=amsi.dll
LoadedModule[92]=profapi.dll
LoadedModule[93]=MpOav.dll
LoadedModule[94]=uxtheme.dll
LoadedModule[95]=AudioDevProps2.dll
LoadedModule[96]=NahimicOSD.dll
LoadedModule[97]=ProductInfo.dll
LoadedModule[98]=AudioDevProps2.dll
LoadedModule[99]=GameServicesSteam.dll
LoadedModule[100]=steam_api64.dll
LoadedModule[101]=steamclient64.dll
LoadedModule[102]=imagehlp.dll
LoadedModule[103]=vstdlib_s64.dll
LoadedModule[104]=tier0_s64.dll
LoadedModule[105]=d3d12.dll
LoadedModule[106]=GFSDK_Aftermath_Lib.x64.dll
LoadedModule[107]=nvwgf2umx.dll
LoadedModule[108]=D3D12Core.dll
LoadedModule[109]=dxcore.dll
LoadedModule[110]=msasn1.dll
LoadedModule[111]=cryptnet.dll
LoadedModule[112]=drvstore.dll
LoadedModule[113]=devobj.dll
LoadedModule[114]=WINTRUST.DLL
LoadedModule[115]=nvspcap64.dll
LoadedModule[116]=ntmarta.dll
LoadedModule[117]=nvapi64.dll
LoadedModule[118]=nvldumdx.dll
LoadedModule[119]=D3DSCache.dll
LoadedModule[120]=twinapi.appcore.dll
LoadedModule[121]=MMDevApi.dll
LoadedModule[122]=AudioSes.dll
LoadedModule[123]=ProductInfo.dll
LoadedModule[124]=PropSys.dll
AppName=Cyberpunk2077.exe
Maybe it's not fixed in the new hotfix.
Can you try to verify that you don't have any audio software active in your Task Manager such as A-Volute, Nahimic or Sonic Studio.
If yes, disable them.

Still flatlining trying to launch the game. I've uninstalled all mods, uninstalled/reinstalled the game, updated every driver I have, I don't have any weirdo audio stuff installed let alone running. Waited patiently, but after having to download a 62GB "hotfix" that took 11 hours (because I have bad internet) and still flatlining? I'm starting to lose patience. If there was no fix for the crash issue included with this update then it should have been made very clear to prevent people like me from wasting all day downloading for nothing.

Still flatlining trying to launch the game. I've uninstalled all mods, uninstalled/reinstalled the game, updated every driver I have, I don't have any weirdo audio stuff installed let alone running. Waited patiently, but after having to download a 62GB "hotfix" that took 11 hours (because I have bad internet) and still flatlining? I'm starting to lose patience. If there was no fix for the crash issue included with this update then it should have been made very clear to prevent people like me from wasting all day downloading for nothing.
So you're sure that you don't have A-Volute, Nahimic or Sonic Studio on the Task Manager.
Maybe it also could be a good idea to disable any kind of Antivirus temporarily and try again.
You used mods before, also try to delete the UserSettings.json (even if you have re-installed the game, this file is not removed by the uninstaller) > "User"\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

I haven't followed this thread, but just wanted to confirm that crash happens on Linux too. I hope CDPR will fix that soon.

I'm still on 1.5 since GOG didn't yet release anything newer.

Friendly advice: When you remove mods you have to manually delete the game folder too and the hidden appdata of cyberpunk in local. Then clean install.
Saves can be broken forever after heavy modding and you need to restart a new game.

Last edited:
I'd like to report, the first 1.5 CP2077-PC update was working like a charm with CyberEngine Tweaks, Appearance Mod Menu and a Judy alternate mod. 3 mods, that's it, working great. After phantom 1.5 update released, now it's CTDing randomly. Mods completely uninstalled/deleted relevant folders etc..., same effect... random drops to desktop.

Update: 2/20
Performed a clean install of Nvidia GPU driver 511.79, was running version 511.17. So far it's been about an hour without a single crash (previously, it would crash within 10-20 minutes of gameplay). Could this been the cause?

Last edited:
For me the game starts after fresh reboot, but then crashes every time (until next reboot). Also, I wasn't able to activate Cyberengine Tweaks with 1.5.

I'm running it on Linux (wine-staging + vkd3d-proton).

Cyberengine Tweaks was working fine before update to 1.5.

So you're sure that you don't have A-Volute, Nahimic or Sonic Studio on the Task Manager.
Maybe it also could be a good idea to disable any kind of Antivirus temporarily and try again.
You used mods before, also try to delete the UserSettings.json (even if you have re-installed the game, this file is not removed by the uninstaller) > "User"\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077
No go. There's nothing left to disable. If I start killing more services and processes, my computer will just stop working.

The character lost her hairstyle after installing Cyber Engine Tweaks.
The character is bald only when I turn on the 3rd person view in the car.
How to fix this?

Guest 3817633

Not sure if this was linked already but on reddit someone debugged the "Cyberpunk has flatlined" issue which appeared after 1.5 patch and seems audio related both on windows and through proton on Linux:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/su6n9q
From personal experience playing on Linux I can confirm that having audio playing while launching Cyberpunk "fixes" the issue (as audio is already initialized). Makes sense that it is a race condition as I see the audio stream created as a separate top level "device" when it crashes instead as a child entry of an existing audio device.

The reason why it works with some drivers and not with others could be just initialization speed masking the race condition.

It's a race condition. Playing audio doesn't fix it for me, but dropping filesystem cache helps because the crashing thread is slower when loading data from the drive.

It's a race condition. Playing audio doesn't fix it for me, but dropping filesystem cache helps because the crashing thread is slower when loading data from the drive.
There are other tricks to get the game to launch? I still haven't been able to launch the game at all since 1.5. Is there somewhere where I can see these different things to try?

Thanks.

There are other tricks to get the game to launch? I still haven't been able to launch the game at all since 1.5. Is there somewhere where I can see these different things to try?

Thanks.
I'm playing the game on Linux, so the filesystem cache cleaning helps. If you are on a very fast SSD you might want to also throttle I/O rate temporarily for the same reason.

can anyone help me ?
my game is crashed. I can't even enter the game.
Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x38.
File: <Unknown>(0)

Last edited:
I'm playing the game on Linux, so the filesystem cache cleaning helps. If you are on a very fast SSD you might want to also throttle I/O rate temporarily for the same reason.
I'm on Win10 and have no idea how to do such a thing. I guess I'll just have to keep waiting for CDPR to fix it. Thanks though.

can anyone help me ?
my game is crashed. I can't even enter the game.
Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x38.
File: <Unknown>(0)
Can you try all of these steps if it's not already done (and after sent a ticket to the support for help with a DxDiag) :
You are on which platform (GOG, Steam,...) ?
If GOG (not sure), but it seem someone fixed it by uninstalling the game, uninstalling GOG and then reinstalling both in order.

Can you try all of these steps if it's not already done (and after sent a ticket to the support for help with a DxDiag) :
You are on which platform (GOG, Steam,...) ?
If GOG (not sure), but it seem someone fixed it by uninstalling the game, uninstalling GOG and then reinstalling both in order.
Thank you for your help. I have tried all those steps, it still doesn't work. And I did send a ticket to the support for help with a DxDiag.
I play it on Steam.

Thank you for your help. I have tried all those steps, it still doesn't work. And I did send a ticket to the support for help with a DxDiag.
I play it on Steam.
Just to be sure, you don't have any audio softwares (such as A-Volute, Nahimic or Sonic Studio) on your Task Manager before launch the game ?
Is yes, disable it/them before launching the game.

Top Bottom