Cyberpunk 2077 PREVIEWS - links & discussion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then what generates shadow?

Dunno, but Im pretty sure a CDPR dev said in an interview that V model doesn't exist in normal gameplay.

Also: Is nobody paying attention to the fact that in the beginning of the "new gameplay trailer", they played the OLD version of Chippin in - although only instrumentally?! It sounded like a different mix too. Which means they have worked on it. I wonder if they put the song in without lyrics or with different lyrics.

Huge preview on German gaming website Gamestar.
first of all, thanks a lot!

Has the same issue as all open world games. It suggests a time pressure that isn't really there because you can ignore it as long as you want to do side quests or just free roam through the city
Expected yet feared. I'll never get why they never design quests keeping that in mind. Only game I know that nails it is RDR2. I hope future games will learn its lesson.

Exact enemy level is not shown.
Oh my god, this is such a good news. Please please tell me this won't change in the game and will stay as it is. Previous trailers showed levels, the last one seems lik it doesn't (but wasn't sure). That's so good, if confirmed.

Additional dialogue options you missed to unlock are not shown greyed out but are completely invisible. Same goes for background (Corpo, Nomad, Streetkid) specific options.
This is great as well, I love it, BUT in the xbox gameplay you can clearly see that it is not true (when V encounters the gangers before the "genderfluid" ripperdoc)(please don't blast me for that, I can't find a better word, not native in english). Maybe they added a toggle for that or was it an old build? Let's see.

Street cred level unlocks side quests, trade offers, advanced implants. No additional attribute or perk points.
This is just perfect. Different from what they said in the past, though. I hope all this stuff is confirmed because I've been complaining about all this stuff for 2 years and that's so good.

Gunplay feels great, but it's not a shooter. Headshots aren't instant kills. You can feel the RPG mechanics behind it.
If not too spongey, since skin weave is a thing, I'm fine. But it needs to make sense.

Stealth game feels similar to Deus Ex. Stealth attacks are one shot kills/knockouts even on high level enemies.
OMG YES, but this conflicts with the claim enemies have no levels. Anyway, better than the last assassin's creed games. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Driving feels mediocre to ok. It feels far from realistic, expecially the crash physics.
I expected this as well.
Post automatically merged:

Is nobody paying attention to the fact that in the beginning of the "new gameplay trailer", they played the OLD version of Chippin in - although only instrumentally?!
I did, I hope for the best, that was nice. Too bad we got refused instead. :ROFLMAO:

This is great as well, I love it, BUT in the xbox gameplay you can clearly see that it is not true (when V encounters the gangers before the "genderfluid" ripperdoc)(please don't blast me for that, I can't find a better word, not native in english). Maybe they added a toggle for that or was it an old build? Let's see.
That's not what the Gamestar article meant.
What was meant was: additional dialogue options which you could have unlocked through exploring/inspecting/reading/talking is not shown if you missed to unlock it. Same goes for other life path dialogue options.

The one you mentioned shows a 3/5 skill check. So you unlocked the option through a skill but said skill is not high enough yet.

To be more precise, the preview I quoted specifically talked about "environmental" unlocks like reading personal emails before talking to an NPC that unlock additional, hidden options.
So it's possible that this doesn't count for skill checks as seen in the xbox footage.

If not too spongey, since skin weave is a thing, I'm fine. But it needs to make sense.

I think The Division 2 handled that pretty well because only the (mini) bosses were bullet sponges but it was explained through the thick armor they wore.

Last edited:
The one you mentioned shows a 3/5 skill check. So you unlocked the option through a skill but said skill is not high enough yet.

This specifically DOESN'T mean unavailable options would be hidden, as you start the game with 3 in every stat. So you would get the same prompt regardless of "skill check".

I personally think its a setting you can enable or disable..

That's not what the Gamestar article meant.
What was meant was: additional dialogue options which you could have unlocked through exploring/inspecting/reading/talking is not shown if you missed to unlock it. Same goes for other life path dialogue options.

To be more precise, the preview I quoted specifically talked about "environmental" unlocks like reading personal emails before talking to an NPC that unlock additional, hidden options.
So it's possible that this doesn't count for skill checks as seen in the xbox footage.

:giveup:

I see some reassuring and some possibly concerning aspects among the key recap (thanks for that!) and hope that some of the more pressing downsides or things that people perceive as such (driving as simple example) can be "fixed" or enhanced until or shortly after release.

While I had both reassuring and concerning thoughts when reading some aspects, I see no "game breaker" deal issues for myself; having it compared to Deus Ex is mostly reassuring to me because I liked those games.

And since Cyberpunk 2077 is subjectively described as a large "step up", I think I'll be set.

There is also another realization I personally had again or at least just now: Our expectations. Let's look back: Over the course of time there were more information and some developments that put a sour taste into people's mouth. That is okay, or, at least, largely subjective anyway. But is it always the developer's "fault", if we were to think of a blame game?

I think not​

Alright, let's not be too cryptic here: My point is that I feel many expect or expected too much and got perhaps dragged a bit towards the mortal plane or plane of reality again with some compromises or changes throughout later development. I say this as someone who, just as many others, initially had different assumptions and hopes for the game, such as hoping that it would cover a more classic faction approach.

Some expectations surely weren't met. But it's not necessarily "bad" or a "problem". We just have to overcome ourselves at times and also realize this type of approach and game style - even if they have experience with stories and so on - is new. In fact, it would be quite foolish to expect a "flawless" (in all areas, I mean, not just as subjective bottom line) game.

So what's my key message or recap here until release?
Despite what expectations were be or what I can nitpick on, I think it'll be a fun game with solid quality, among the "major leagues" as has often been quoted by the game's characters.

But it doesn't have to be totally flawless, if something like this can even exist subjectively. What we need to mind is that they will obtain key feedback through this first of the series product and take it into account for development on the following games. As technology also advances along the lines and time, we in fact get to see follow-up games that get better and better.

And that process and experience across the games is what I look forward to.

Some think this is the end of a long journey
But we're just getting started in 2020

Dunno, but Im pretty sure a CDPR dev said in an interview that V model doesn't exist in normal gameplay.

Also: Is nobody paying attention to the fact that in the beginning of the "new gameplay trailer", they played the OLD version of Chippin in - although only instrumentally?! It sounded like a different mix too. Which means they have worked on it. I wonder if they put the song in without lyrics or with different lyrics.

they probably used that because it sounds 100x better than the screamo shit their corporate suits THOUGHT the consumer wanted. but since the contracts are already signed and wages were paid, they probably have to honor it. woud be cool if they surprised us and gave us the real "chippin in" during johnny's memories sequences

DC9V

Forum veteran
Is nobody paying attention to the fact that in the beginning of the "new gameplay trailer", they played the OLD version of Chippin in - although only instrumentally?! It sounded like a different mix too. Which means they have worked on it. I wonder if they put the song in without lyrics or with different lyrics.
Do you have a link to both different versions?
I think there's an option in the game to turn off copyrighted music. (Because of streamers and re-uploads) Maybe that option also disables some lyrics...
Me personally, I would appreciate if there were as many different versions of a song as possible, even if it's not because of copy rights. I have an absolute hearing (which means that a song can stay in my head for a very long time), and it becomes utterly annoying to hear the same key (of music) over and over again. I noticed that a lot of tracks in the Witcher 3 and Gwent were in the key of D-minor...
The comparisons to Human Revolution have me salivating. Exactly what I wanted to hear.
I don't believe you.

I know it's against the rules so I'll be as generic as possible but I'm writing this just to warn people: guys, beware of spoilers from now on. Better install browser extensions like Spoiler protection 2.0 for chrome and stop visiting reddit (I've been burnt with the last of us 2 months ago there).

@Rawls I want mods to know about this post ASAP, feel free to delete it but my intentions are good.

Anyone know in which interview they say melee combat has been actually fixed and is impressive now?

So it seems crafting is done through the menu screen? That isn't ideal, it feels weird wanting to push the "immersion" aspect of the game and then tying crafting to a menu and not to an in game workbench or something.

Honestly, if I can't hire a sweatshop of people to craft my gear, then what's the point? I wanna really feel that desperation, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom