Cyberpunk 2077 PS4 Pro Crash Issues

+
Keeps crashing and freezing old frame layers over new as well as game reseting error code PS4 pro with cache cleared 400gb free space with all ps updates and fully patched to date but still bugs on bugs..... Can not play game without frustration.... 😤🤬😤
Please CDP fix problems.,

I haven't had much issues with the game, except the crashes. I am also playing on the PS5 system. It happens at random, luckily not during any important gameplay portions, typically while I'm going point A to point B, sometimes just when I'm messing around in the world doing some side work, it can be frustrating especially if you come upon new gear, but typically I report the problem with video to the powers that be, and boot it back up and play for a few more hours before it happens again. I don't know whats causing this.

Guest 4421288

I am spamming "Option" then "Triangle" to do my own quick saves at EVERY opportunity I get. Then "Circle" to close.

It is complete habit of mine now just whack those 3 buttons after every event due to fear of crash.

Sometimes the auto save isn't good enough to ensure you don't have to repeat missions after a crash.

- Just about to start a mission outside the area
- Soon as I finish the mission
- During long car journeys because no fast travel available i.e. to badlands.
- After doing inventory management/disassembly/gearing options!!!

Quick save fanatic now. It slows me down and irritating but I have to remember it is more irritating to lose progress!

Such a shame as PS5 runs great at 60FPS even though it is PS4 Pro enhanced graphics only resolution. Just this ticking time bomb crashes just ruins it!

CDP just needed 1 person to play on any PS console for few hours to see the crashes before release.

I haven't had much issues with the game, except the crashes. I am also playing on the PS5 system. It happens at random, luckily not during any important gameplay portions, typically while I'm going point A to point B, sometimes just when I'm messing around in the world doing some side work, it can be frustrating especially if you come upon new gear, but typically I report the problem with video to the powers that be, and boot it back up and play for a few more hours before it happens again. I don't know whats causing this.

For me, a old trick helped with the crashes on my ps4 system.
Before my game crashed about every hour. Now i can play longer sessions with no interruption. Maybe on ps5 you can try the same if the servicemenu works like the ps4 one. Turn of your console, then turn it manually on (finger on the sensor) till it beeps for the second time.
In the servicemenu select the point rebuild your database.
It will rearrange the data on your drive so that they will not be ripped apart on your database wich makes it easier for your system to read an play the games.
Worked for me in the past with big games and also worked for me with cyberpunk.
Had no crashes since i rebuild it.
Hopefully it will help a few people here to enjoy the game more.
(sorry if my english is not the best, but i hope you could understand what i wrote here.)

I often get error message CE-34878-0, and the game crashes on the PS4 Pro control panel
i got this twice last night during a quest.. its not my ps4 its literally less then 3 years old if that.. or it might be.. may try the rebuild thing

Last edited:
I only really get this when loading something like the building of V’s apartment when you pull up outside and the details haven’t loaded. I wait and then get out but still crashes. I save every so minutes just in case.

Rebuilt database on PS4 pro and seems to be running smoothly no errors so far been on past 2 hours no problem....
fingers crossed it lasts.

Post automatically merged:

Before my game crashed about every hour. Now i can play longer sessions with no interruption. Maybe on ps5 you can try the same if the servicemenu works like the ps4 one. Turn of your console, then turn it manually on (finger on the sensor) till it beeps for the second time.
It will rearrange the data on your drive so that they will not be ripped apart on your database wich makes it easier for your system to read an play the games.
(sorry if my english is not the best, but i hope you could understand what i wrote here.)
Worked for me thanks

game is crashing on an hourly basis (between one and three hours) on PS5. Stopped counting already, must be around 30 times by now.

Hello I made a ticket and no one has gotten back to me in days, is this normal?

They are currently receiving like dozens of millions bug reports per day. It is physically impossible to respond to each single ticket.

Guest 4421288

game is crashing on an hourly basis (between one and three hours) on PS5. Stopped counting already, must be around 30 times by now.

They are currently receiving like dozens of millions bug reports per day. It is physically impossible to respond to each single ticket.

Yup alot of idiots on Twitter said PS5 is plays perfect. Unfortunately I have 8 friends on PS5 as well who said it has same problem of crashing between 1hr and maximum 5hrs. Xbox subforum same thing

Totally ruined immersion for me but I have 100% all side activities, missions etc to just make good of it. Finished at Level 48 and left the game now until fixed for NG+/future DLC.

Yup alot of idiots on Twitter said PS5 is plays perfect. Unfortunately I have 8 friends on PS5 as well who said it has same problem of crashing between 1hr and maximum 5hrs. Xbox subforum same thing

Totally ruined immersion for me but I have 100% all side activities, missions etc to just make good of it. Finished at Level 48 and left the game now until fixed for NG+/future DLC.
Pray the new update will fix it this will be the last patch till January

Hi, I have read this thread with interest as I have some experience getting PlayStation to run processor heavy games. Most of the experience I have gathered (with others!) is in getting FO4 (modded) to run successfully. I hope to help anyone here who has issues to get the game to run smoothly and avoid crashes (well most of them).
I run a PS4 Pro with an external 1Tb drive.
I have had some issues with the game but am well into Act 2 and blown away by everything I've seen so far. I have had 1 Crash. It was very early game, so I started the routine that I would use for other games that push the console over the edge.
As others have mentioned Cache clearing and regular database rebuilding is the only way to keep this (& other) games stable.
Cache clearing is as simple as powering down the console and unplugging for a few minutes. This is The Key
During normal game play I would (like everyone) take regular breaks, every time I will Cache clear. Power down and unplug, get a cuppa and back up and play. This means many hours of play without issue.
If you notice issues starting as you play, slow loading, textures popping in late, or menu lag. These are signs that your cache is struggling.
Data Rebuild is the best tool supplied with any console. It is a defragmenter and should be done regularly on every PS4 even if it has no issues. I will Data rebuild after every game installation or update. Every one. Every time. It doesn't take long and keeps my games stable. You lose no data! the files are just reorganized.
The above has allowed me to enjoy Cyberpunk and I have had only one Crash, I hope it will help others too.

CACHE CLEAR! Now and often! :)

Last edited:
Hi, I have read this thread with interest as I have some experience getting PlayStation to run processor heavy games. Most of the experience I have gathered (with others!) is in getting FO4 (modded) to run successfully. I hope to help anyone here who has issues to get the game to run smoothly and avoid crashes (well most of them).
I run a PS4 Pro with an external 1Tb drive.
I have had some issues with the game but am well into Act 2 and blown away by everything I've seen so far. I have had 1 Crash. It was very early game, so I started the routine that I would use for other games that push the console over the edge.
As others have mentioned Cache clearing and regular database rebuilding is the only way to keep this (& other) games stable.
Cache clearing is as simple as powering down the console and unplugging for a few minutes. This is The Key
During normal game play I would (like everyone) take regular breaks, every time I will Cache clear. Power down and unplug, get a cuppa and back up and play. This means many hours of play without issue.
If you notice issues starting as you play, slow loading, textures popping in late, or menu lag. These are signs that your cache is struggling.
Data Rebuild is the best tool supplied with any console. It is a defragmenter and should be done regularly on every PS4 even if it has no issues. I will Data rebuild after every game installation or update. Every one. Every time. It doesn't take long and keeps my games stable. You lose no data! the files are just reorganized.
The above has allowed me to enjoy Cyberpunk and I have had only one Crash, I hope it will help others too.

CACHE CLEAR! Now and often! :)
Rebuilt database once on my PS4 pro and since had no crashes on minor visual glitches been playing over 4 hours so far the longest to date and still running good . The game is top when running right so I would definitely suggest rebuilding database and trying again I'm very happy since I tried this fix.

Followed your instructions and it's worked great for me past 2 days playing no crashes.

I have PS5 version and you are correct. The game crashes constantly... also frustrated at the lack of ability to choose a quality mode over the locked in performance mode at 60 fps that they got on series X. Had I been made aware of this upfront I would have purchased the Xbox version of the game.

Guest 4421288

Rebuilt database once on my PS4 pro and since had no crashes on minor visual glitches been playing over 4 hours so far the longest to date and still running good . The game is top when running right so I would definitely suggest rebuilding database and trying again I'm very happy since I tried this fix.

Followed your instructions and it's worked great for me past 2 days playing no crashes.

Could be solution.

Me and my friends done the whole rebuild database (We are mixed PS4 Pro/PS5) but still crashing. It caused corruption of just one game on my external USB SSD on my PS5, just had to redownload Apex Legends, not a big deal.

Never thought about unplugging power cable after turning off completely for few mins. I don't even use rest mode and just charge my controller with my phone charger.

Hope others can try this method to see feedback if this really works. The game must be causing memory leak on OS even after game has close crash when you restart it. But would of thought "turn off" really meant off on a console.

Another good advice is that I reverse my console so hot air blows forward and not towards the wall in an enclosed space. More ventilation.

Thank you very much for the information!! have if at least it can be played in conditions when they release patch 1.05 on ps4 I trust that if they will fix it

Guest 4421288

I done rebuild database and clear cache power cycle on PS5.

Started fresh new game as already 100% on previous playthrough. After 1.5 hr still crashed. Afraid definitely it is the game itself is the problem. Any other PS4/PS5 games never crashes on me.

At this stage better to wait until Hotfix 1.05 to try again. If that fails then I stop playing until next hotfix or even Jan big update.

Well at least I discovered that chosing different life path is only unique for like 30 mins then it is the same missions.

WARNING: On my PS5 it corrupted one of my PS4 games on external USB SSD. Had to do bit of troubleshooting to remove it properly then redownload it. (Apex Legends). So maybe best to do "Eject storage" and unplug USB SSD before doing rebuild database then reinsert after. Then it will avoid rebuilding USB SSD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same error, playing in a PS4 PRO, like 500 gb of free space and updated to the last patch, when are you going to adress this issue?? Are you the new Bethesta or EA??

Top Bottom