Cyberpunk 2077 radio stations

+
They could also see it as great opportunities to get their music repetitively in front of millions of new listeners, and thus didn't charge as much as one might think.

True.

I'd even go so far in saying that the artists benefit more from the colab than the game.

GTA5 has 241 tracks on the radio stations. How are CDPR going to come even close to that with exclusive music? They'll need a ton of variety so the radio stations don't repeat the same music too often.

Most of the time I keep the radio off in GTA. I can tolerate maybe 3-5 stations out of the 15. Most of the stations I wouldn't listen to even if I was being paid for it.

I have zero expectations for CP2077 music. That is, I expect it to be so bad that I will turn it off.

they recorded an entire album with Refused

So we can expect Samurai's iconic "A Cool Metal Fire" (C2020)/"Never Fade Away"(C2077?) album to be fully represented in the game? Great!!!

Agreed. This sort of thing is very immersive, and it's even better if it reacts to your decisions (where appropriate, of course -- you murdering some random hobo probably doesn't warrant a mention there).

Yeah, I really loved how in GTA 4, after you did something big, it was all over the virtual "news" you could see on the internet that you could access in the tw@ cafes.

Last edited:
Never played a single GTA game so I don't know much about their radio systems. No game I've played has had an actual radio system so I'm interested to see what it'll be like. And like someone already said, quality over quantity.

The talk radio thing sounds pretty cool, too.

The talk radio/commercials/news in both GTA and Saints Row were pretty fun to listen to. In both the player's exploits also show up in news broadcasts and I'm sure CDPR will do the same. It'll be interesting to see what kind of personalities they create.

I always turn on the Talk Radio when playing GTA. I do hope they do something like that. Golden opportunity for easter eggs.

GTA was intentionally tongue-in-cheek in pretty much everything though. Its different for CP2077.

I imagine 2077's residents still appreciate a good joke. You can have a "Funny" or at least entertaining radio station without it being purely satirical.

With that said, I believe there were actually a couple non-music radio stations in GTA, but I could be misremembering. Public Liberty Radio, Weazel News, maybe one other? Can't remember.

Also, GTA 4 had "Independence FM," which was a custom radio station (put your own music), PC exclusive. Still hosted by an in-game character though.

They can't be GTA at all because this setting isn't satire. They can inject some humor but for the most part the radio stations need to be literal.

They can't be GTA at all because this setting isn't satire. They can inject some humor but for the most part the radio stations need to be literal.
Yeah, okay. I just said you don't need satire to be humorous.

Unless every non-music station is going to be purely news, I see no reason you can't have hosts with a sense of humor. Many modern talk radio shows work in precisely that way.

I don’t really care about music stations, but what I would like to have is a talk-radio that discusses about the country’s and Night City’s political and social issues.

Nobody has done it better than GTA Vice City so far...

It doesn’t need to be that kind of over the top parody, but just something in that ilk.
THIS.

But I think they've already said radio station won't be that but just music. Hope I'm wrong or they reconsidered.

But I think they've already said radio station won't be that but just music.

I remember they said something to that effect. But I also think, since they're so hell bent on "story comes first" and spending atrocious amounts of money on gangsta rappers and the like, it'd be kinda out of sync not to explore this option too. What better way to highlight storytelling - aside from books and magazines - than having a radioshow discussing the politics, religion and all the other goings ons of the city.

I know if there are "music stations" on radio, they are wasted on me. Not least due to the choice of artists they've revealed, but also because I prefer the background ambient in general. A talk radio with something interesting in it I might stop to listen to.

Having a GTA-like radio that comments the world (in GTA V cara delevigne even comments the time of the day and the weather) and your actions ("that bank was robbed yesterday...") was one of my old suggestion.
Anyway, 4 months and we'll know, not likely earlier than that. It's quite useless to wonder and give feedback now: the game is ready, it's just polishing and tweaking numbers here and there from now on ["how many bullets to kill an enemy? How big is the level gap between you and an unkillable enemy (my guess is 4 like TW3)? At which level can you unlock that ability? How many E$ for that legendary shotgun?", stuff like that].

I don’t really care about music stations, but what I would like to have is a talk-radio that discusses about the country’s and Night City’s political and social issues.

Nobody has done it better than GTA Vice City so far...

It doesn’t need to be that kind of over the top parody, but just something in that ilk.

I think they've already said radio station won't be that but just music. Hope I'm wrong or they reconsidered.

The talk radio thing sounds pretty cool, too.

Listen closely to this scene from the 48-minute gameplay demo, specifically the 16:40-17:20 fragment:

The voice coming from the radio (in the floor to the left) sounds to me like either a radio show host or a DJ. Not exactly a talk show apparently, but that makes me think that there’s more than just music in Night City’s radiowaves.

Wish I could understand most of what the radio guy (Doctor Paradox perhaps?) is saying, tough, sounds like he’s rambling about something or someone :LOL:

It sounds too clean to be a radio, you can notice how stout's voice is modified as it comes from a phone while the other voice is crystal clear. I'd assume it's just an NPC who is not on screen. Also, "subject to change" in that video is something to be kept in mind. always. But I'd be happy if I'm wrong. Good catch that's the case.

The voice coming from the radio (in the floor to the left) sounds to me like either a radio show host or a DJ. Not exactly a talk show apparently, but that makes me think that there’s more than just music in Night City’s radiowaves.

That makes sense. Fallout series has talk-radio for example, its cool feature, sometimes it hints you at something etc, sometimes tells jokes. I wouldn't mind if there was something similar in Cyberpunk 2077. It would be even cooler if it changed if something happened, lets say you decide to kill someone, next time you open radio, you can hear about it. Talk-radio whats tied to story/choices sounds fun.

Live DJ sounds fun to me, would it be fun if they hired a real DJ for launch? Then they could put it in loop, when launch is over. I suppose real DJ could increase launch sales? Or maybe wont.

Last edited:
Top Bottom