Cyberpunk 2077 REFUND.. yes, I want to refund this game..

+
Ok, first of all I would like to everyone, who reads this thread, inform:
I sincerly think CP2077 is great game, with great potential, and huge possibilities in future. And Iam sure it will be BEST game I ever played - but not today.

From the beggining of CP hype I was there - I have at least basic knowledge about Cyberpunk board game, and I was hyped for all of those 8 years since 1st teaser. And I was amongst first ppl who preorder this game after E3 2019. I was so hyped by presence of Keanu Reeves - this all make me do one thing I never ever done before, and never will again - preorder (or play Early access) game.

For me - Preorder or Early access is way of "robbing" people. But after Witcher 3 and all his DLCs, I was convinced that CDPR is capable to deliver great game and I really put myself for this, and for 1st time in my gamers life (Iam 34 and been buying and playing games since my 15 - do almost 20 years) I preorder game - Cyberpunk 2077.

With all preview, gameplays, technical previews, etc - I was hyped to maximum. I also was "with the devs" when they announce ALL of those 4 delays - "game is finished, as soon as its finished". All this makes me think this game will be boomer, great and for casual player, not using exploits or glitches - bugless and playable.

I even upgraded my computer with RTX3080 graphics to ensure this game will look great - this I would do even without CP, but it greatly pushed me for buing it sooner..

Unfortunelly, my gamers heart cannot be broken more than it is now.
This game is in really, really bad shape - like on level of early access game or BETA, not full release game.

Unfortunelly, there is great number of graphics, gameplay, technical issues - more than in any game I ever played. For expample:
1) graphics: I experience some issues regarding detail level of NPC - for few seconds they look like NPC from game from 90´(Morrowind) - Bubly head with like 3 polygons, rest of body same..

2) gameplay: Mission for "Okada" - "Sinnerman" when you follow Police car- NPC cars appear from thin air right in front of me, so I did this mission like 10 times, because I always lost target due to cars appearing in front of me and crashing to them.
or when Fixer Reyes calls me, I never get 1st sentence.. not audio, not subtitle text.. nothing.. text and audio always comes after 1st sentence, SO i dont have full info on gig..

3) technical: Max size of save file.. - I really dont have word for it...

and many more I wont be posting, since Iam really tired of even thinking about them.

And for all this - I want refund. And I believe Im not the only one who lost his faith in CDPR.
They lost me once with GWENT Homecoming.. This is second time they let me down..
and there wont be any third time - I wont be buying another game from CDPR..

Thank you all for reading..

All valid reasons, I'm sure, but you're one day late for the official refund support CDPR was giving out. (Unless I've missed an update on the latest news.)

Third paragraph, last sentence.

But, err... you've had the game preordered and just now come to the conclusion it's not up to snuff?
Maybe a bit late with that.
Good luck with your refund request, though!

yeah
All valid reasons, I'm sure, but you're one day late for the official refund support CDPR was giving out. (Unless I've missed an update on the latest news.)

Third paragraph, last sentence.

But, err... you've had the game preordered and just now come to the conclusion it's not up to snuff?
Maybe a bit late with that.
Good luck with your refund request, though!
Refund for console.. but noone mention PC versions..
How Preorder is related? Game is out for 12 days now.. I played for only 18-20hrs and yes, I find this game to be really bad, buggy, yet playable, but not enjoyable.

CDPR should be able to make their stand and aknowledge bad shape of game and return it to develepoment, and refund all who ask for it.

That's exactly what their refund offer was. You're a day too late. You could still try, doesn't hurt to try.

If you bought it through Steam/Epic you're out of luck with that playtime though.

My reply was a bit too general for sure, sorry for that.
GrimReaper801 just said pretty much exactly what I wanted to reply next.

It sounds like you've got a pretty decent system running, so my guess is that 60€$ isn't that massive an investment.
And yes, asking for a refund is always a stronger statement to make as a customer.

Now, if you can't get a refund, that'll suck but it won't be the end of the world.
Put put it aside and give it another try in a half a year or so.
It will never be the game most of us wanted it to be, but it may run better and there's a chance you'll be able to put that shiny RTX3080 to good use for a run through Night City.

yeah

Refund for console.. but noone mention PC versions..
How Preorder is related? Game is out for 12 days now.. I played for only 18-20hrs and yes, I find this game to be really bad, buggy, yet playable, but not enjoyable.

CDPR should be able to make their stand and aknowledge bad shape of game and return it to develepoment, and refund all who ask for it.

Wow, 18-20hrs is enough to beat main story and you want full refund. Yes I know game is buggy, but you really noticed it's not playable after 18hours?

So after 101hrs in game I can ask for refund too? Because I find this game to be real bugfest.

I hope this is just a joke and you are trolling us here.

Okay.l My outrage is unjustified. I am an idiot, I will post properly, here.

RAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
*breathes*
First, did y'all read my stuff? A part of me thinks SOMEBODY did, because I have a secret code. Second, I don't care THAT much, but someone cared enough to follow through with a pointless automated e-mail that APPARENTLY does not apply to me. I AM ANGRY AT THIS EVERYTHING ABOUT ALL OF THIS RIGHT NOW. I care enough to come here, to try and make sure that post is seen by their DevTeam. That is all I want, period.
I am done here.
Here's my secret code.
JE3K47

Attachments

Attachments

• 20201222_144327.jpg
    20201222_144327.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 132
  • Sigh.png
    Sigh.png
    199.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
I think you're a tad late for refunds.

Also, it might be worth it to hold on to game in case CDPR makes some big improvements.

So in short your post is 'great game I played a lot of it give me my money back'?
The lack of proper takeaway here is very alarming. Sigh.
I could write a wall of text to obliterate it with fact, But I'm lazy. I played the 3 intros (all that worked) and did some side stuff and a few MSQ, maybe 12 hours of actual gameplay. To clarify, I am not OP. Just someone angry at this whole situation.
They made "a game",
They created "The Engine"
I didn't pay $60 for an Engine. I'll pay $500 for this engine. It should be much, much much much more... But whatever. Later CDPR. Good Luck :x If No Man Sky could do it, I guess y'all can too.

*EDIT* You know what, just to make sure that I am not ****posting out of context.

Last edited:
Sorry but 20hrs imo is more than enough time to decide if you like the game/performance. The intros take at max an hour if you take your time then some missions to grt through to the actually story you're talking a few extra hours if you just went for the story to see the title screen. Also the game is pretty open from the start so you could travel about as you want. As someone said 20hrs is enough to finish the story and expecting a refund after several hours of play just seems wrong. Steams refund is 2 hours and a bit tight but understandable, also is GOG's refund policy not for 30 days now or something? I remember they changed it a few months ago

Glad that I did not bother trying to upgrade from my 1080ti just for this game - I've been able to still get 40-50fps on my 4k widescreen and don't think I'll put more than 200 hours into the game anyways (unless they add better AI and re-playability).

I will say that if you have been able to play even just 40 hours of the game then you technically have only paid $2/hour for entertainment - that is actually pretty good value considering that even with the homie discount you're typically paying at least $80/hour for this amount of dildos and sex.

Can you imagine dropping around 1K for new PC hardware, and having a system that's worth a few K's then expect a refund of 60 eddies of a game you most likely completed, or at least had the time to do so twice....

Jeez, people that delusional ? Yeah the game isn't nearly as good as expected, and it lacks bug fixes and isn't polished at all and if people lost faith in CDPR that they'd only launch finished product are all valid things.

But you said you never experienced as many bugs ? If that's true you sweet summer child, that must mean you never played a bethesda or ubisoft game at launch. Heck, RDR2 launched on PC over a year after consoles and was on a technical level a massive mess which took about 6 months for them to fix !

Yet here, we've had people complain if anything of the 40 NPCS, 20 cars and massive city on screen doesn't load instantly and flawlessly.

But you said you never experienced as many bugs ? If that's true you sweet summer child, that must mean you never played a bethesda or ubisoft game at launch. Heck, RDR2 launched on PC over a year after consoles and was on a technical level a massive mess which took about 6 months for them to fix !

Yet here, we've had people complain if anything of the 40 NPCS, 20 cars and massive city on screen doesn't load instantly and flawlessly.

cant blame people from having high expectations when CDPR hyped CP2077 to the sky, overpromised and yet under-delivered on all fronts. Pretty sure bethesda ubisoft or rockstar didnt falsely advertised and misled people like what CDPR did.

Guest 4478408

cdpr REALLY should overthink their refund policy.
its nice to be nice and all that, but there are so many threads like "i played the whole thing trough but i had these two minor annoyances, im gunna get my money back!"
in my book, thats abusing their generosity. again, nice to be nice but one also has to account for fact that not everybody plays nice.

Top Bottom